View Full Version : Looking for a similar jacket

I'm Fred
July 6th, 2012, 12:31 AM
As the title say, I'm looking for a jacket similar to the RS Taichi RSJ826 in white...
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7698

I'm tall and pretty skinny, and I'm looking for something sporty along those lines. I actually fell in love with this one but it has a back protector which isn't practical at all for city commuting :(

Anyone? :happy:

PsHYk
July 6th, 2012, 12:44 AM
i just fell in love with that jacket... <3 =D

not sure if this is good enough but it is affordable and looks good...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0067DLYP4/ref=asc_df_B0067DLYP42082867?smid=AMDFVL5TCX8K6&tag=dealtmp764976-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B0067DLYP4

Luvninja
July 6th, 2012, 01:07 AM
As the title say, I'm looking for a jacket similar to the RS Taichi RSJ826 in white...
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7698

I'm tall and pretty skinny, and I'm looking for something sporty along those lines. I actually fell in love with this one but it has a back protector which isn't practical at all for city commuting :(

Anyone? :happy:

Why isn't it practical for city riding? Also can't it just be removed? I had a S&S jacket with a back protector and sold it, I have a different one now, no back protector and I feel super vulnerable. I'm now looking for a back protector that I can use under any of my jackets.

Also the jacket looks great.

I'm Fred
July 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Why isn't it practical for city riding? Also can't it just be removed? I had a S&S jacket with a back protector and sold it, I have a different one now, no back protector and I feel super vulnerable. I'm now looking for a back protector that I can use under any of my jackets.

Also the jacket looks great.

I don't know, I feel like i'd look like a douche riding to school with that kind of jacket? I don't think you can remove it, and it'd probably be annoying with a backpack?

It sucks though, this jacket is sooooooo sexyyy :(

burningscooter
July 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I don't know, I feel like i'd look like a douche riding to school with that kind of jacket? I don't think you can remove it, and it'd probably be annoying with a backpack?

It sucks though, this jacket is sooooooo sexyyy :(

No. The back protector should be removable.

I own the GMX-Motion jacket from RS Taichi and I removed the CE back protector and wear a forcefield back protector along with an Alpinestars Range Backpack and its perfectly fine for commuting. Sure its sportier then the average jacket out there but RS Taichi Quality is top notch.

There's a reason why Bryan is all about RS Taichi.

DennyV
July 6th, 2012, 07:25 PM
he means the race hump

ninja_thresh_hold
July 6th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Alex shouldnt this be in market place?

Alex
July 6th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I don't think so, it sounds like the OP is looking for comments and help in finding similar jackets? If anything I guess it might be in items wanted, but since it's an open discussion it seems like it's fine here in the Motorcycle Gear section? :idunno:

ninja_thresh_hold
July 7th, 2012, 01:10 AM
I don't think so, it sounds like the OP is looking for comments and help in finding similar jackets? If anything I guess it might be in items wanted, but since it's an open discussion it seems like it's fine here in the Motorcycle Gear section? :idunno:

ooh alrighty :D

burningscooter
July 7th, 2012, 04:21 AM
he means the race hump

I thought I had addressed that in my initial post, must have deleted it before posting. :eek:

Regardless, the hump wont get in the way of a backpack and vice versa. Its not as big as the pictures make it look.

I'm Fred
July 7th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I thought I had addressed that in my initial post, must have deleted it before posting. :eek:

Regardless, the hump wont get in the way of a backpack and vice versa. Its not as big as the pictures make it look.

Alright i'll try to find it somewhere in a shop so I can see and test it. Maybe i was hoping to find a cheaper one that looked alike too, i'd be mad as F if something happened to it :p

PHL
July 7th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I think the hump is smaller than the hump on the GMX-Motion jackets and should be a non-issue. I think the bigger concern will be fit. Being tall and skinny will make it hard to fit into regular jackets. I have an older RS-Taichi leather jacket and Rev'it Tarmac jacket and both are cut at my waist. The sleeves and getting coverage at your waist may be difficult for your size. You might look into jackets specifically made for taller people. Rev'it and more recently, I believe, Alpinestars offers jackets cut for tall people.

I'm Fred
July 7th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I think the hump is smaller than the hump on the GMX-Motion jackets and should be a non-issue. I think the bigger concern will be fit. Being tall and skinny will make it hard to fit into regular jackets. I have an older RS-Taichi leather jacket and Rev'it Tarmac jacket and both are cut at my waist. The sleeves and getting coverage at your waist may be difficult for your size. You might look into jackets specifically made for taller people. Rev'it and more recently, I believe, Alpinestars offers jackets cut for tall people.

I'm actually just 6", but pretty slim. I heard RS Taichi would be perfect for my kind of shape and heard people around my size loving theirs. My only concern now is the price, since everyone's telling me the back protector won't be a problem with a backpack/is smaller then it seems :rolleyes:

burningscooter
July 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I'm actually just 6", but pretty slim. I heard RS Taichi would be perfect for my kind of shape and heard people around my size loving theirs. My only concern now is the price, since everyone's telling me the back protector won't be a problem with a backpack/is smaller then it seems :rolleyes:

If itll make you feel more comfortable, I can post a picture of mine with bag on and helmet.

:thumbup:

I'm Fred
July 8th, 2012, 10:39 AM
If itll make you feel more comfortable, I can post a picture of mine with bag on and helmet.

:thumbup:

yes please! With your height/weight, and maybe front/side/back view? :thumbup:

burningscooter
July 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Here you go.

http://i.imgur.com/exeual.jpg http://i.imgur.com/4QDXOl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/REyd7l.jpg

Unfortunately I am not 6ft. lol

5'6" 130lbs

I'm Fred
July 8th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Here you go.

Unfortunately I am not 6ft. lol

5'6" 130lbs

You're the best! Thank you so much, definatly going to help me choose my jacket :D

PHL
July 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I'm actually just 6", but pretty slim. I heard RS Taichi would be perfect for my kind of shape and heard people around my size loving theirs.

Yeah, when you said tall and slim, I was picturing over 6ft and weighing 150lbs. I'm Asian-American so American-cut doesn't work for me. I find Dainese, Rev'it and RS-Taichi seem to work for my body frame. I bought my Rev'it Tarmac jacket new, and it fits perfect on me. The RS-Taichi was used and I think it conformed to the previous owner's body better.

There is a RS-Taichi thread on 600rr.net. Some of the tall and skinny guys are swimming in their jackets.