View Full Version : Your Ninjette Forum User Name?

Pages : [1] 2

kkim
December 18th, 2008, 03:37 AM
I know there must be some great stories behind the sometimes odd user names I see in this forum.

So, how is it your user name is what it is? Some are obvious... others should be quite entertaining.

mine is a combination of my first name, kelly and my last, kim= kkim :D

what's your story?
:ranger:

g21-30
December 18th, 2008, 04:50 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Colt

kkim
December 18th, 2008, 05:01 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Colt

mmm...I guess I was looking for more of why you selected that name and what significance it has to you, so much, that you used it as a forum user name?

HKr1
December 18th, 2008, 06:27 AM
HK < Good weapons, Nice place to visit(Hong Kong) & also my Last/First initials. r1 < My bike. The 250r I bought for the wife, I get to ride it every now & then :)

FlamingYellowInsanity
December 18th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Flaming Yellow Insanity.

1) because I could.
2) because a good portion of my vehicles are yellow, as is all my main riding gear.
3) some would consider me to be insane
4) flames are awesome!

I'm known as Aerostudent on a few other forums because I'm an aerospace engineering student at Cal Poly Pomona in SoCal.

:D

Travis

mike_sema
December 18th, 2008, 06:56 PM
well mine is easy 1st name mike last semas cut the s at the end of my last name

kkim
December 18th, 2008, 07:02 PM
well mine is easy 1st name mike last semas cut the s at the end of my last name

lol... I always thought your name had something to do with SEMA (http://www.sema.org/Main/StartPage.aspx). :D

grandmaster
December 18th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Grandmaster I use it on all the Jeep forum's I am a part of. I drive a Grand Cherokee, and I like to think of myself as "the master of grands"

gnfreak
December 18th, 2008, 08:40 PM
named after my summer car....1986 Buick Grand National (GN)

Kolya1981
December 18th, 2008, 09:19 PM
My background is Russian & Slovak, and my name is Nicholas. Kolya is the diminutive of Nicholas in Russian, so it is basically the equivalent of calling me Nick.

HK < Good weapons +1 I love my USP40!

lol... I always thought your name had something to do with SEMA (http://www.sema.org/Main/StartPage.aspx). :D Haha, me too. I have to stop thinking like I am at work LOL.

Cochese
December 18th, 2008, 11:33 PM
HK < Good weapons

Amen!

My nightstand gun...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/imzadi930/USPFTW003.jpg

I go by "Cochese" on just about every forum I am a member of, which happens to be a shitload. :D

Cochese...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cochese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4PN7Xbexq4

I've been a police officer for 5 years now. It just fits.

I was Cochese for Halloween in 2002.

CRXTrek
December 18th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Mines simple..... My car 1991 Honda CRX-Si .....My bicycle Trek

Bone_Head311
December 19th, 2008, 01:51 AM
when i was younger my dad would call me "bone head." At some point the underscore and the numbers got added because my name was already taken.:devil:

workdaddy
December 19th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Last Name is Workman ~ In Jr High my friends stated calling me Workdaddy..Stuck ever since... Even got a Plate on the vehicle that says it :D

BlueTyke
December 19th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Blue - My favorite color (hince the color of my bike)
Tyke - My Bike...

BlueTyke :)

Tyke got her name because when I first got her she was in the garage with a Busa and a Kawai 10 (Mean Green) and a Ducati 990 (I think) but you get the gist yes? There were all these big bikes and there was my tiny little bike... my little Tyke... And it stuck.

Syphen
December 19th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah.. uhm. I have no idea how I got to this name. It has been an online name for years and years and years in one form or another Syphon, Syphen, Syph0n. etc. One thing I do know, i used it before that game Syphon Filter came out.

I guess its just a fun way to phonetically spell siphon, that looks better.

conchwanab
December 20th, 2008, 09:37 AM
people living in Key west are known as conchs.Key west has become one of the best places to visit for my wife and me.I really envy those who are fortunate enough to live there,makin me a conchwanab!!!

g21-30
December 20th, 2008, 03:31 PM
mmm...I guess I was looking for more of why you selected that name and what significance it has to you, so much, that you used it as a forum user name?
OK, I'll go along with your line of thinking. When I joined the GlockTalk forum way back when, I chose G21-30 because at the time, I only had a Glock 21 and a Glock 30. Yep, they're both BLACK!!:D

kkim
December 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
OK, I'll go along with your line of thinking. When I joined the GlockTalk forum way back when, I chose G21-30 because at the time, I only had a Glock 21 and a Glock 30. Yep, they're both BLACK!!:Dcool... so you chose those guns in black because the bullets come out slower? :D

g21-30
December 20th, 2008, 03:42 PM
cool... so you chose those guns in black because the bullets come out slower? :D

You're close, real close! There's a saying about 9MM bullets and how they can expand to almost 1/2". Jeff Cooper (Gunsight Fame) always said, in response, "Yeh, but my .45 ACPs are a little slower, but they START at 1/2" and EXPAND." Big and slow with a lot of knockdown power. But enough on history lessons. :cool:

kkim
December 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
You're close, real close! There's a saying about 9MM bullets and how they can expand to almost 1/2". Jeff Cooper (Gunsight Fame) always said, in response, "Yeh, but my .45 ACPs are a little slower, but they START at 1/2" and EXPAND." Big and slow with a lot of knockdown power. But enough on history lessons. :cool:
so, if you are looking for slow, that explains why you bought a black bike. I see, now.... you purposely wanted a slow bike... and got one. :lol:

g21-30
December 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Amen!

My nightstand gun...

Cochese...

My bedside gunSSSS!

Sailariel
December 20th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I am using my real name. Also after two tours in Vietnan as a Ranger, I have NO USE FOR GUNS. They, in my opinion, have no use in civilian life unless you are in law enforcement.

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I am using my real name. Also after two tours in Vietnan as a Ranger, I have NO USE FOR GUNS. They, in my opinion, have no use in civilian life unless you are in law enforcement.

I think these folks would all join me in respectfully disagreeing with you, sir.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Lake_High_School_massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

Weapons have a place in the hands of law abiding, honest people who are interested in protecting themselves and those they care about.

Were I not a police officer, I'd still have a gun on everyday.

Sometimes, you need to take responsibility for your own safety.

You can't keep a cop in your pocket 24 hours a day.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Respectfully Submitted.

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM
My bedside gunSSSS!

The HK is my nightstand gun.

These are my bedside guns!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/imzadi930/IMG00261.jpg

Sailariel
December 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM
No problem. I respect your view. After surviving 5 AK-47 rounds, I`m sure you can understand that I am not particularly enamoured with guns. The aftereffects of these wounds are a daily reminder. I get on with my life by riding.

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 07:09 PM
No problem. I respect your view. After surviving 5 AK-47 rounds, I`m sure you can understand that I am not particularly enamoured with guns. The aftereffects of these wounds are a daily reminder. I get on with my life by riding.

I respect your views as well and continue to be thankful for your service to our country.

Sailariel
December 20th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Cochise, You`re cool.

kkim
December 20th, 2008, 07:38 PM

I respect your views as well and continue to be thankful for your service to our country.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes this forum so very, very special. good going guys... my hat is off to the both of you.

Sailariel
December 20th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Kelly, Thanks a lot. I think you and I have become good cyber-friends. Probably would be great friends face to face. Ditto Cochise. I spent 11 years in law enforcement as a hostage negotiator on a Special Weapons Team. I think that you and Cochise can understand that after such a long period of being exposed to guns, that a vacation from them is in order. This is a GREAT forum. The comraderie is second to none.

kkim
December 20th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Alex,

It is what you fought for in you service to your country and what Cochise works at on a daily basis... the freedom of choice and to protect people's right to choose.

Though your opinions may differ 180 on subjects, the core of the man remains the same... which is strong moral character, honesty and respect. To find that on an Internet forum is refreshing and almost unheard of in this day and age.

I know we would all have a great time if we were ever given the opportunity for a gathering, but for now, we will just need to content ourselves with the company we share over the Internet.

Cheers to you both!
:cheers:

TheDuck
December 21st, 2008, 12:29 AM

Damn dude, glad you're still with us!

I've got an AK, and I know I don't want to be on the hot end of it, I can't imagine being shot by it even once... let alone 5 times!

Might be a good idea for a new topic: "Check out my scar"

Chicks dig scars.... :thumbup:

Kurosaki
December 21st, 2008, 12:48 AM
Kurosaki = Black Kawasaki. Kuroi means black.

Also name of main character from my favorite manga, Bleach. Ichigo Kurosaki. So ya, it works out nice like that.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/airraid1212/CopyofBleachWallpaperIchigoKurosaki.jpg

k bye

Cochese
December 21st, 2008, 07:38 AM
Cochise, You`re cool.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes this forum so very, very special. good going guys... my hat is off to the both of you.

Kelly, Thanks a lot. I think you and I have become good cyber-friends. Probably would be great friends face to face. Ditto Cochise. I spent 11 years in law enforcement as a hostage negotiator on a Special Weapons Team. I think that you and Cochise can understand that after such a long period of being exposed to guns, that a vacation from them is in order. This is a GREAT forum. The comraderie is second to none.

Alex,

It is what you fought for in you service to your country and what Cochise works at on a daily basis... the freedom of choice and to protect people's right to choose.

Though your opinions may differ 180 on subjects, the core of the man remains the same... which is strong moral character, honesty and respect. To find that on an Internet forum is refreshing and almost unheard of in this day and age.

I know we would all have a great time if we were ever given the opportunity for a gathering, but for now, we will just need to content ourselves with the company we share over the Internet.

Cheers to you both!
:cheers:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/patriot.gif

g21-30
December 21st, 2008, 08:25 AM
Cochise and Alex,

Cochise, you're "older" than your years show.

Alex, you and I are close in age and I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm a Vietnam era Veteran, but never went to that G_D forsaken place. Every time I meet one of America's Veterans, I shake their hand and thank them for everything they have done for the good ole USA. I would like to take this opportunity for a cyber-handshake with you or a toast will do!
:salute2:

Sailariel
December 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
G-21-30, Thank you. Duck, We will not be doing a scar show. Where do you think medics get hit? Had a guy call me an a--h--- once and I laughed and told him I once had six.

NICUNinja
December 21st, 2008, 02:36 PM
NICU, because that is where I work. I am a Registered Nurse in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

Syphen
December 21st, 2008, 03:36 PM
NICU, because that is where I work. I am a Registered Nurse in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

And you still ride even though you work in a hospital? All of my friends / family who are paramedics or hospital nurses/doctors tell me that riding is crazy. They usually then proceed to tell me how crazy I am for riding. :D

To the rest of you, nice firearms. I live in Canada and as a result don't get to own anything like that. I have an old .22LR bolt action plinker. It kills cans and bottles REALLY good.

Cochese
December 21st, 2008, 05:03 PM
Cochise, you're "older" than your years show.

Comes from a healthy respect for asskickings from saltdogs like you and Alex!

Oh, and...

CochEse = http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/imzadi930/cocheseBIG.jpg

CochIse = http://www.nativeamericans.com/cochise%5B1%5D.jpg

:D:D:D

247Blackout
December 21st, 2008, 07:32 PM
I always get wasted and blackout 24/7. Hahaha. j/k :D

At the time I joined my first motorcycle forum, this song called Blackout by Asian Kung Fu Generation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap0gOWo_Duo) came out, and my friend was obsessed with it and said he said "it's 24/7 Blackout over here!" So I thought it sounded cool so I used it and it just kind of stuck.

NICUNinja
December 22nd, 2008, 07:43 AM
And you still ride even though you work in a hospital? All of my friends / family who are paramedics or hospital nurses/doctors tell me that riding is crazy. They usually then proceed to tell me how crazy I am for riding. :D

Are they the same ones who smoke even though they see that smoking kills more people than motorcycles?:p

tweakmon
December 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Tweakmon = short for 'tweakmonster'

http://www.tweakmonster.com

From my years in the computer industry.

Sailariel
December 22nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
It`s kind of funny how paramedics, nurses, and doctors, are down on bikes--motorcycles too. Here in Maine most people ride without helmets. If you want to see something really stupid, come to Belfast this summer. We have a real rocket scientist here who rides a green Kawasaki 1000--no idea what year-in shorts, flip flops, a tank top, and no helmet or gloves. I think he wears sunglasses. I guess he`ll be around next summer since he didn`t get killed this year.

noche_caliente
December 22nd, 2008, 07:40 PM
I think these folks would all join me in respectfully disagreeing with you, sir.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_massacre

Thank you for your service to our country.

Respectfully Submitted.

I'm going to try and be very respectful in this - but don't even try to bring VT into this - unless you are a part of what happened you have NO CLUE - so please, don't even try to drag US into it.

Respectfully Submitted as a Hokie and friend to several victims

Cochese
December 22nd, 2008, 09:16 PM
I'm going to try and be very respectful in this - but don't even try to bring VT into this - unless you are a part of what happened you have NO CLUE - so please, don't even try to drag US into it.

Respectfully Submitted as a Hokie and friend to several victims

With all due respect, and at the risk of unpopularity on yet another forum...

I take great pains to never speak with authority on any subject I am not well versed on. I have had the displeasure as a veteran police officer and SWAT team member of being responsible of running toward gunfire rather than away from it. If we take horrible tragedies such as the VT nightmare and file it away, how are we to ever learn?

Wouldn't you rather educate people and maybe prevent a re occurrence ?

I know for a fact that I would. Think about what one of those victims could have done with a legally carried CCW and a pistol.

I appreciate your candid opinion but I have every right to speak of something I take personal and professional responsibility to fight EVERY day I suit up for work.

All the best...
Posted via Mobile Device

noche_caliente
December 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
With all due respect, and at the risk of unpopularity on yet another forum...

I take great pains to never speak with authority on any subject I am not well versed on. I have had the displeasure as a veteran police officer and SWAT team member of being responsible of running toward gunfire rather than away from it. If we take horrible tragedies such as the VT nightmare and file it away, how are we to ever learn?

Wouldn't you rather educate people and maybe prevent a re occurrence ?

I know for a fact that I would. Think about what one of those victims could have done with a legally carried CCW and a pistol.

I appreciate your candid opinion but I have every right to speak of something I take personal and professional responsibility to fight EVERY day I suit up for work.

All the best...
Posted via Mobile Device

Think about what could have been done if the restrictions were tighter and the nut job hadn't been able to get a gun in the first place....

Seeing how the first responders were affected as a result, and how the whole town atmosphere has changed, there are a lot of if-onlies that could come into play - but what happened happened, and I truly do not think that more guns would have made much of a difference

Alex
December 22nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
My father used to say (actually, probably continues to say) if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses when they hopped. "If only" doesn't get us much. Those responsible for handling University safety learned from this, those responsible as 1st responders learned something, and the public at large learned something as well. The salient point is that all of those groups didn't necessarily learn the same thing, and this certainly isn't going to be the kind of debate where everyone agrees at the end. Any way we can either split this off to a separate thread or take it to PM's, rather than debate gun control in the "what's your username" thread?

Cochese
December 22nd, 2008, 09:32 PM
Think about what could have been done if the restrictions were tighter and the nut job hadn't been able to get a gun in the first place....

Seeing how the first responders were affected as a result, and how the whole town atmosphere has changed, there are a lot of if-onlies that could come into play - but what happened happened, and I truly do not think that more guns would have made much of a difference

My only qualm was with you excluding me from speaking of an event I've conducted extensive research on simply because I wasn't present.

I'm not going to sit and debate gun control with you. Its not really appropriate considering your passion for excluding it from this thread, as if it didn't happen.

"Gun control", or keeping self defense out of he hands of law abiding folks, doesn't work. Its been proven time and time again that criminals will commit crimes, whether it is "legal" for them to obtain a gun or not. The liberal media and your professors can shade it however they want.

We will have to agree to disagree, ma'am.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cochese
December 22nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
My father used to say (actually, probably continues to say) if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses when they hopped. "If only" doesn't get us much. Those responsible for handling University safety learned from this, those responsible as 1st responders learned something, and the public at large learned something as well. The salient point is that all of those groups didn't necessarily learn the same thing, and this certainly isn't going to be the kind of debate where everyone agrees at the end. Any way we can either split this off to a separate thread or take it to PM's, rather than debate gun control in the "what's your username" thread?

I won't be taking anything to PMs as I have no interest in a illogical GC debate. I can hit the DU and troll the enlightened folk there if'n I get a hankerin. :D

Noche is a sister in ninja arms on this forum and has a right to an opinion. Its just one I've heard too many times before. For the record, Vt PD and Blacksburg PD were on scene at Norris within a minute.

Now back to names! :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Alex
December 22nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks, all; makes sense. :thumbup:

I thought long and hard, then chose my name as my username. :D Not a particularly good story, but easy to remember no matter how bad the hangover, or even the current state of inebriation. :)

kkim
December 22nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks, all; makes sense. :thumbup:

I thought long and hard, then chose my name as my username. :D Not a particularly good story, but easy to remember no matter how bad the hangover, or even the current state of inebriation. :)

If you can remember your name, you're not drunk enough! :p

Cochese
December 22nd, 2008, 10:28 PM
I couldn't agree more, Kelly!

Signed,

Goatcheese

Posted via Mobile Device

NJD022588
December 23rd, 2008, 12:13 AM
Guess I didnt get here in time to post my opinion on an event I personally experienced.

My username is just my initials and birthday. I never did understand that creativity thing. It's interesting to hear others usernames though.

FlamingYellowInsanity
December 23rd, 2008, 01:27 AM
lol, if your bday is indeed 02-25-88 then you are only a month away from mine (well, technically like 36 days or something), mines 01-22-88, haha, I have seniority!!! :D

Travis

kkim
December 23rd, 2008, 01:31 AM
lol, if your bday is indeed 02-25-88 then you are only a month away from mine (well, technically like 36 days or something), mines 01-22-88, haha, I have seniority!!! :D

Travis

lol... if you want to talk about seniority!!? http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9937

FlamingYellowInsanity
December 23rd, 2008, 01:42 AM
well, I have seniority over him!!! LOL! Which is what I meant all along. I totally understand that I have virtually no seniority in anything being 20 (almost 21!!!)...

Travis

kkim
December 23rd, 2008, 01:48 AM
well, I have seniority over him!!! LOL! Which is what I meant all along. I totally understand that I have virtually no seniority in anything being 20 (almost 21!!!)...

Travis

lol... just playin'. :D

NJD022588
December 23rd, 2008, 02:17 AM
Yep, almost there! :bartend2: :cheers: :drink1: :drinkingbeer: :drinkpals: :drunk1: :salute2: :smile-beerglass: :smile-drink3: :smile-drink4:

Then we dont have any other age to look forward to

Cochese
December 23rd, 2008, 02:31 AM
Guess I didnt get here in time to post my opinion on an event I personally experienced.

If its something you would like to discuss, I recommend you start a thread. I'm interested, having only spoken indirectly to LE on scene.
Posted via Mobile Device

ManyCavies
January 13th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I used to be a 4-H leader when my kids were little and we raised and showed guinea pigs, also known as a cavy. We had many, so, manycavies.

kkim
January 13th, 2009, 09:29 PM
lol... I knew it had to be something like that. When I was a boy, my brothers caught a wild guinea pig and caged him under the house. They figured he was lonely, so the bought him a "Mrs" Guinea. lol... soon there were over 4 dozen of the little buggers under the house in many cages. :D They used to hear my sister get up early in the morning to go to work before the sun came up and would start crying for food, making a terrible racket. :lol:

Then later, my daughter (who was also involved in 4H) volunteered to bring home the class pet... you guessed it.. a guinea pig. I was smarter by then and only agreed to keep it if she promised that would be the only one we would have. "Nellie" was a great pet and it was very sad when she passed. They are very cute and quite intelligent animals, which surprised me.

:bunnycake:

ROCKNROLLA
January 13th, 2009, 11:08 PM
ROCKNROLLA
I heard it when the movie came out :D
The movie sucked but the names good!

P1NDLESK1N
January 14th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Pindleskin is a popular miniboss in the computer game 'Diablo 2 LOD'. If you played, you remember him. People would kill him over and over, painstakingly hoping he would drop rare items each time.
I just replaced the i's with 1's because I frequently got the 'name already taken' message when creating accounts and registering on forums. I use the name for a lot of things, just keeps it simple.

ManyCavies
January 14th, 2009, 09:10 AM
lol... my brothers caught a wild guinea pig and caged him under the house. They figured he was lonely, so the bought him a "Mrs" Guinea. lol... soon there were over 4 dozen of the little buggers under the house in many cages.

At one point we had over 140, mostly babies, lots of noise!

They are very cute and quite intelligent animals, which surprised me.

We had one that would try to push the competition off the show table when the judge wasn't looking, the judge would hear the laughing and not know what was going on untill it was over. And yes he won!!:D

:bunnycake:

Bsmith
January 14th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Well it's my name but that's not the funny part. I used to do tech support for Kodak in Colorado. I was contractor so me and my fellow rentageeks had to share one login for the tracking system. We just initial the tickets we did. I got a ticket from one of the snobby managers. It was some stupid thing with the batteries dying in his mouse. So I wrote up the ticket as replaced the mouse batteries. BS. End of story I thought. i got called into a meeting/conference call with my boss, the head of ITS at corporate, the manager, and the HR droid. Nobody tells me anything. I go in the office and and my boss tells every one this is Bill Smith. I see the smiles on everyone's faces. I still didn't know what was going on. The HR droid say you name is what? I say Bill she says no your last name. I say Smith. She says so your initials are BS. I just look at her like well duh. She say so yo weren't saying the ticket was BS. I'm still in the dark at this point. I ask my boss what this is about. He throws me a printed copy of the email notification that I closed the ticket and called it a BS call, forwarded from the manager to HR and about half company wanting my head on platter. The manager never bothered to ask what my name was. Everyone had a good laugh at that and I was told under no circumstances was I to use my initials any more. So I went BS to BSmith. That was about 10 years ago and it stuck.

Alex
January 14th, 2009, 09:07 PM
:happy10::happy10::happy10:

Ananda
January 14th, 2009, 10:56 PM
The HK is my nightstand gun.

These are my bedside guns!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/imzadi930/IMG00261.jpg

wow, what are u protecting yurself from, a zombie attack?! :)

CC Cowboy
January 18th, 2009, 02:31 PM
The name and avatar are both a tribute to the infamous Brown Buffalo, Hunter Thompson's attorney. It might take some thought unless you are from South Florida or have read some of Hunter's books.

Scorpielle
January 18th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Well I've used my "handle" for a while, I'm your typical Scorpio, and I go by Elle,, so there you have it Scorpielle LOL

kkim
January 18th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Is that you in your avatar??? :love:

Viper-Byte
January 18th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Mine, originates from my passion for the Dodge Viper (I know, I know, what about the ninjette, but I had this before I got my bike :p) and my passion of IT (byte).

Is that you in your avatar??? :love: LOL, do you need a cold shower Kelly? :p :D

xTKx
January 19th, 2009, 09:58 AM

Travis

Dang, you beat me to Travis!! Mine is 1-30-88!!

Looks like we got a few "yungins" on the board! Woot Woot!

Oh, and my name comes from the initials of a nickname and my last name. The x-es in the front and back are just for show! LOL.

Scorpielle
January 19th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Is that you in your avatar??? :love:

LOL ! Yeah that's my cartoon Alter Ego, "Danger Girl" :D

kkim
January 19th, 2009, 01:59 PM
"Danger Girl"???? :confused:

<google, google>

AH!!! Danger Girl!!! :D :thumbup:

BlueTyke
January 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I guess Danger Girl would be a little bit out of your generation... :D

Alex
January 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Color TV is out of his generation. :D

BlueTyke
January 19th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Lol

kkim
January 19th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Kids!!!! Get off of my lawn!!! :rant:

BlueTyke
January 19th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Hehehe

Viper-Byte
January 19th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Kids!!!! Get off of my lawn!!! :rant: AH HA HA HA HA :boom: :rotflmao:

Broom
January 19th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Broom is my last name... might as well roll with it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2237/1627697663_42dde2597d.jpg

ARc
January 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM
ARc is a shortened variation of my favorite heroine. Arcuied. But my friends online just call me RK, haha.

kkim
March 17th, 2009, 07:28 PM
:bump:

Visus
March 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Visus = "Sight" in Latin. My job requires it.
Plus, I like words that start with "v." Let's not think about that too hard....

Verus Cidere
March 21st, 2009, 01:10 AM
Verus Cidere.... it's latin. Again, off internet translators, so can't say if it's reliable. It means "true death". Username I use for online gaming and it was the easiest to think of. :D

I agree with the many who have appreciated the veterans on this thread. The only reason I won't be joining the military is athsma + bipolar = not allowed. Armed forces, medical workers, law enforcement, firefighters....whatever! Thanks to all of you for the sacrifices you've made of time, money, and, in some cases, blood and life. You will be remembered. Oh, and Alex... I know it may never be enough, but I deeply apologise for the idiocy this country showed and still shows to the veterans of the war you served in. It's wrong. Know that there are many who do appreciate you and your work to secure our freedom. Hats off to you!

miks
March 21st, 2009, 03:12 AM
miks, short for Michael, and not as common as Mike.

sometimesido
March 21st, 2009, 07:00 AM
Well...sometimes...I....do (insert hobbies, daydreaming, etc.)

GTsmokeya
March 21st, 2009, 02:00 PM
GTsmokeya

I use to own a 03' and 04' Elantra GT's and a 05' GT Tiburon So with all those cars in my blood my handle became GT and smoke ya because I was the guy who would race pass ya, lol. So today I am GTsmokeya....

Erik-

Strider
March 21st, 2009, 03:35 PM
"Strider"
because I'm a LOTR nut (and yes, I have the swords...) , and I do ALOT of hiking in the woods and mountains.

komohana
March 21st, 2009, 11:15 PM
thought i did this here but maybe it was another thread :confused:

have used komohana for most of my internet life. think i had my first computer for 8 months before we moved to the west side of kauai here at kekaha. ( ok repeat after me...kay-kah-ha.)

loose translations of komohana: 'the west side', or, 'the sun sets in the west' and 'where the sun meets the sea'

just so happens that the owners of the property i live on rent 2 of the 6, 3 bed room units here as vacation rentals. dba Komohana Cottages

Komohana Cottages (http://www.komohanacottages.com/)

MtnCruiser
April 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Mine is simple, I live in the Mountains of NE Georgia and when I first chose the name on another website I was riding a cruiser. It has just stuck and I use it on several different sites.

One of my friends that I ride with often from the VTX site said that my Ninja sounds like a pissed off weedwhacker and that he was going to get a mod to change my name on that site. After we hit the twisties that afternoon I asked him if he still wanted to change my log-in name because if he did he would have to admit to everyone on the board that his mighty VTX 1800 was smoked by a weedwhacker. He hasn't mentioned it since then.:thumbup:

backinthesaddleagain
April 24th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I hadn't had a bike in years and now, like Aerosmith sang, I'm back in the saddle again!

Ken
April 24th, 2009, 07:31 PM
There used to be another guy named Ken in my circle and I used to live in West Los Angeles, so I was referred to as three-ten Ken back then. 310 is the area code.

py2e
April 24th, 2009, 09:55 PM
"p y double e" because my name is Peter Yee.

kkim
April 24th, 2009, 09:56 PM
"p y double e" because my name is Peter Yee.

lol... I would have never guessed that one! :thumbup:

kutelilkittie
April 24th, 2009, 10:03 PM
kutelilkittie
simple, kats r kute and so am i

py2e
April 24th, 2009, 10:12 PM
kutelilkittie
simple, kats r kute and so am i

I need to see some proof.

kutelilkittie
April 24th, 2009, 10:24 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j279/kutelilkittie/Untitled01.jpg

py2e
April 24th, 2009, 10:25 PM
cute! we need go riding sometime. :D

ninjabrewer
April 25th, 2009, 12:36 AM

Whhoa, you're right, your name fits you perfectly.

nb

08_250R
April 25th, 2009, 12:40 AM
If I need to explain i will.. haha

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 27th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Jiu Jitsu Player- because I've been "playing" the sport of jiu jitsu for years. When I used to fight MMA, one of the announcers started calling me Kryptonite.I used that as my online name for a little while but you'd be surprised at how many semi-literate people thought the "kryp" at the beginning meant I was in a gang or something. Now I just keep it simple-jiu jitsu!

Cali619
April 28th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Cali619
California and 619 area code

Cali619
April 28th, 2009, 10:07 AM

tinng321
April 28th, 2009, 11:42 AM
tinng321
tin=first name, ng=nguyen (last name), 321=random #s.

M-Oorb
April 28th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Tin...are you possibly related to a hoan nguyen who also lives in jersey?
Posted via Mobile Device

250Rocket
April 29th, 2009, 06:12 AM
First I wanted something mentioning 250 as i was signing up first in a general forum. Then i wanted a play on words and since most people claim the 250 to be slow i put Rocket cause it really is a rocket for what it is.

Hence 250R + Rocket --> 250Rocket, nothing that speacial.

Apex
April 29th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I love racing. I dream of racing. I would like to race for a living. So apex seemed only suiting.

My name relates to this love and dream.

Apex
April 29th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Best thing out of NJ? I think so. :)

sombo
April 29th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Thought I had posted in this thread already but I guess not.

Sombo is the martial I took for several years when I was younger. You've probably seen it spelled Sambo, that's the more international spelling of it while Sombo is the 'American' version. It was created in 1939 in Moscow for the Russian special forces and is still currently used by their military and is also one of there largest sports.

Nemy
April 30th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Nemy's just a tag I came up with back in my gaming days. Some of the best players I was competing with were called Player 1 and Eagle1 Fox2 so I wanted something easy and original. This is the best I could come up with... and it's always fun to see people ask me what a nemy is :eek:

BlueRaven
April 30th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Blue Raven is my native indian name that was given to me when i was in a metis tribe. I am very proud of this name and also have a tattoo of a raven in haida art on my back. this was a pic taken when i had the black ink done.

Snake
April 30th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Blue Raven is my native indian name that was given to me when i was in a metis tribe. I am very proud of this name and also have a tattoo of a raven in haida art on my back. this was a pic taken when i had the black ink done.

Where is the pic?

BlueRaven
April 30th, 2009, 09:12 AM
i'll have to wait till i get home sorry :(

Snake
April 30th, 2009, 09:20 AM
i'll have to wait till i get home sorry :(

I'll be waiting with bated breath. :drool:

BlueRaven
April 30th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Here is one i took from today

Snake
April 30th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Very nice tatoo. Very tastefuly done.

kursst
May 5th, 2009, 10:55 PM
kursst - variation of "cursed", can't remember when I first used it but it was back in the days when I feel I was cursed. :rolleyes:

Flashmonkey
May 6th, 2009, 06:14 AM
I like monkeys! Seriously though, I literally threw two random words together to come up with this user name. I came up with this when I joined the GTA forums and carried it over to here.

ninjablk08
June 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM
its my first motorcycle, ninja,its black,and its a 08 model (ninjablk08)

SpyderGirl
June 8th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Cuz I'm a Spyder Girl.... not much to it. :D

CANTFUNCTION
June 9th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Mine is my ps3 user name. Came up with it after about two or three hours of tring different name but all the name were taken. So I said to my self it to late and I can't function.

PitBull
June 9th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I hit a pitbull with my motorcycle the day I signed up for this forum. That's where my name came from.

tinng321
June 9th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Tin...are you possibly related to a hoan nguyen who also lives in jersey?
Posted via Mobile Device

no relation Matt.
nguyen is a pretty common last name.
it's like smith or jones.

Stella
June 9th, 2009, 04:48 PM
just my name :thewave:

miks
June 9th, 2009, 08:59 PM
no relation Matt.
nguyen is a pretty common last name.
it's like smith or jones.

Tell me about it, I'm a Nguyen too! :thumbup:

n4t
June 9th, 2009, 09:53 PM
n4t for TheNatural772. I'm a natural at anything you put in front of me :) Had the name for ummmmm.... 10 years now.

TheGoodLyfe
June 9th, 2009, 10:30 PM
TheGoodLyfe because that is how my life is. Plan on keeping it that way! Plus we all aspire to have the real good life so its a nice reminder of knowing that your daily life can always improve by the choices you make.

Jay

richierich781
June 9th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Yep, almost there! :bartend2: :cheers: :drink1: :drinkingbeer: :drinkpals: :drunk1: :salute2: :smile-beerglass: :smile-drink3: :smile-drink4:

Then we dont have any other age to look forward to

i think u can look forward to the age 62, that is when u can collect social security if there is any left.

btw way back to names, my first name is richie and everyone i know calls me richierich, and it stuck.

Blue Monkey
June 10th, 2009, 11:12 AM
My kids were watching a movie that talked about a blue diamond which had a code name for it which was blue monkey, this was about the time I bought my blue ninja. The name stuck since my bike is a diamond in my eyes.

ScorpionNinja
June 13th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Well mine i think is a no-brainer... if youve read afew of my first 15 posts!

Scorpion = is for the GEAR i use (EXO 400 helmet,Jacket,Pants) and my brother... the first time he saw me in my FULL GEAR... laughed and said: "GET OVER HERE!!!" (mortalkombat char. voice)

we both had a good laugh... i guess if i put on a SCORPION MK mask, id Look like him! lol

and Ninja... for Both the MK char. & Bike too!
:thumbup:

RSman
June 24th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Back in the days of Diablo2 my friend and I had characters names BSman and RSman. i have carried RSman with me ever since. R and S are the initials of my first and last name.

lockie
June 24th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Had a math professor call me that back in engineering school. He was Irish and a character. His was the only class I was ever kicked out of. Lockie also works online because it's a rare name and I don't have to add numbers to make up a user name.

Chamus57
June 24th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I know it has become slang but the real meaning if you really dig is a alternate pronunciation of a word that means "a entity that can be either a angel or a demon"

shift_6
June 25th, 2009, 06:52 AM
fraternity name that was given to me... which eventually became my new MC name... and now a majority of people just know me as SHIFT

Snake
June 25th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Allright heres how I got the name Snake:

Growing up I always hated to make my bed every morning. So I turn 18, join the Air Force and whats one of the first things they teach us? How to make our beds with perfect hopital corners and the sheets so tight that you can bounce a quarter off it. Well after practicing and practicing I finaly had my bed perfect. It was time for lights out and after all that hard work I did not want to mess the sheets up and redo it in the morning. What to do? I could sleep on top of the sheets but that was not a wise idea since I would be just in my scivies (whitie tighties) and you never know what someone might be tempted to do in the middle of the night. I decided just to "slither" in between the sheets. In the morning I would carefuly "slither" back out. This worked well. In the morning I just had to tighten the sheets back up a bit and I was ready for the 3 S's: Sh*t, shower and shave. The guys seen me do this night after night and gave me the nickname Snake. :tongue:

RSman
June 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Allright heres how I got the name Snake:

Clever, I like the way you think. :D

2WheelGuy
June 25th, 2009, 09:59 AM
<==== No explanation needed, I hope.

Snake
June 25th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Clever, I like the way you think. :D

I always believe in working smarter not harder.

paterick4o8
June 25th, 2009, 02:21 PM
"Paterick" is my nickname from college. When I first got there, there were like 3 other Patricks, and Patrick is my real first name. It sucked always looking when you heard "patrick" and it was another patrick they were calling for.

Thus I came up with that nickname somehow and everyone called me it as well.

the "4o8" is for San Jose's area code 408.. just threw the letter "o" instead to make it look different hehe. I'm born and raised in San Jose, so, much pride

Hence, paterick4o8

lockie
June 25th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Snake...

You might like to read the Accidental Tourist. One of the characters there shares your bed making skills.

RSman
June 25th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I always believe in working smarter not harder.

Brilliant!
http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/75318/brilliant_medium.jpg

paterick4o8
June 25th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Broom is my last name... might as well roll with it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2237/1627697663_42dde2597d.jpg

Must come in handy when you tell a woman you can "Sweep" her off her feet :p Mr. Suave

gnique
June 30th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I'm a brand gnew member. Just signed up 15 minutes ago. I got a 250 for my daughter to learn on. She's 16 and got "other things" on her mind. I'm the only one who really rides the 250. I love the little red darling!! I also have a ZX14 (I am a man of extremes) and a BMW R1200C. Anyway - my gname. Gnique (Nickey get it?) only problem is that sometimes people think I'm a French girl.

Love bikes - don't like handguns. I have one that I couldn't hit a bull in the ass with. Like long guns and gnives. I hand make kitchen gnives. May the skin of your ass never be stretched over the head of a banjo and if it is may it only play rock 'n roll music. Thanks for having me. g

noche_caliente
June 30th, 2009, 12:24 PM
welcome Nickey :)

Jarod
July 1st, 2009, 07:28 AM
08_250R: I just don't get it. lol
kutelilkittie: Well, we can see you're honest. :)
n4t: Remarkably similar to mine:

"Jarod" Was the main Character in "The Pretender", My sister watched the show all the time when I was just a kid.
It kinda got adopted for me since my dad claimed I was like Jarod in the way that I'd study something for a few hours and be able to have memorized all these tiny little facts and all kinds of information about the subject in a minimal time. If I exerted myself harder and spent a day or so researching a subject, it was amazing what I was able to accomplish.

Before I start getting all bla-bla-bla, my past and all that all over y'all, I'm gonna stop.

Jarod, From The Pretender

My real name is Tom though.

Rayme
July 1st, 2009, 08:00 AM
my real name's Rémy but juste typed in rayme..accents sucks on the interweb.

Snake
July 1st, 2009, 08:18 AM
my real name's Rémy but juste typed in rayme..accents sucks on the interweb.

Alex can correct that for you and all your other info will remain the same. He did it for me and others as well that were not satisfied with our first choice of user names.

komohana
July 1st, 2009, 09:15 PM
..only problem is that sometimes people think I'm a French girl.

..oh ok good to gnow...i was wondering :D

May the skin of your ass never be stretched over the head of a banjo and if it is may it only play rock 'n roll music. Thanks for having me. g

:rotflmao:

welcome aboard

Neema12
July 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
My first name is Neema and my favorite number is 12. I have used the same name on many forums for years :)

rogue.guineapig
July 3rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
well since KKim just PM'd me to get my butt in here and explain myself, I guess I better... :D :D :D

for a long time as a gamer, fragger, and guitar player needing a nickname and an email address, I would use such monikers as "guitarshark", cobra this, dragon that.
Well that all changed one day.

One of my favorite preachers is a guy named Jon Courson from Medford, OR. I've met his brothers Jimmy and Dave, a great bunch of guys.
Well, when Jimmy and Jon were kids they bought a guinea pig, named "Humble".
(This is a fantastic name for a guineapig btw).
They had him for a few months, and loved him and fed him and pet him. Well, one morning at the breakfast table, Jon hears Jimmy yelling for him to come quick.
Jon runs into Humble's room...lo and behold, Humble...HE was SHE and SHE had BABIES.
So we're listening to this on the radio, and my mom mused aloud, "I wonder how THAT happened!"
My response was epic.
"Well, I guess a rogue guinea pig came through and....HEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY...now THAT's an idea..."

It's stuck for the last 15 years on forums and LAN parties.

It's also helped by my love for guineapigs...my wife and I have owned 4 so far, and
will probably own another 60-70 before it's all over.

It may be weird, but it's true. I used to use RabidMarsupial at LAN parties too.

Now the guys from this last ride may vote to name me OldLadyOnaB1ke96746,
but until then rogue.guineapig it is. :)

kkim
July 3rd, 2009, 07:26 PM
lol... that answers that. :)

you did fine today. that's not an easy road to ride. I want a nice safe ride w/o crashes and that means everybody rides w/in their limits. I don't want to be the one having to make the phone call to rider's wives, gf or mothers. :(

rogue.guineapig
July 3rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
I hear ya. It's weird man...I was so tripped out last night and this morning.
I ride all day long without a thought of wrecking or crashing, and I was terrified
before I even got there this morning. And I've wanted to ride that route for forever!
I don't know what it was...just a feeling that would NOT go away...it was eerie.

komohana
July 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM

not to worry my friend, we were ALL 'oldladieson...whatever' at one time or another dontcha know...
besides, you ain't gett'n off THAT easy pal...

rogue.guineapig it is :thumbup:

komohana
July 3rd, 2009, 07:40 PM
I hear ya. It's weird man...I was so tripped out last night and this morning.
I ride all day long without a thought of wrecking or crashing, and I was terrified
before I even got there this morning. And I've wanted to ride that route for forever!
I don't know what it was...just a feeling that would NOT go away...it was eerie.

simply...anticipation of the unknown+worse case senario= :crash:

...glad it turned out differently! :ride:

kazam58
July 3rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
A few years back I needed a username that I could use for everything, just because I wanted to keep things simple. I had a difficult time coming up with something because I didn't have any real good nicknames or anything. Well, I'm a huge Calvin & Hobbes fan and while I was browsing through one of the comics, Calvin shouts "KAZAM" at his father while he turns him into a hideous alien. So I tried that, turns out someone already took Kazam on instant messenger, so I closed my eyes and hit the number pad. Out came Kazam58. I use it for everything now. That random enough?

rogue.guineapig
July 3rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
me too!
I started breathing again towards the end. :D

Boywonder
July 3rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
Robin the Boywonder from Batman and Robin (the Adam West and Burt Ward version).

But that's not the amusing part of the story. I'm of Chinese/Vietnamese/Korean descent and my family moved to Canada when I was 4. When we got our citizenship a few years later my parents asked me if I wanted to take an English name as my legal name. Never ask a 7 year old who he wants to be. Of course you can guess what my favorite show at the time was. I was smart enough to know that Batman wasn't a sensible name plus I identified with Robin more.

My choice of show would mark me as an 'older' guy so technically I'm no longer a boy. Probably for the best, though. If I was a young feller I might be known as Sponge Bob instead.

Houkan
July 4th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Houkan supposedly is a japanese version of a jester. isaac supposedly means the smiling/laughing one.

Houkan
July 4th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Now the guys from this last ride may vote to name me OldLadyOnaB1ke96746, but until then rogue.guineapig it is. :)

Rofl. like kelly said, better taking it slow than push yourself and ruin the day for everyone. as for the road, I'm usually riding at the speed limit. I always get this paranoid feeling that a cop is hiding out >.> ever since you had those cops in all the towns (so far seen them in hanapepe, eleele, waimea, kalaheo) boo to road blocks, i won't be able to practice riding at night :< too much drunkies out anyway.

wyckedflesh
July 6th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Another that thought he replied to this thread...

I have lots of Wycked scars in my Flesh (But only one 5.56NATO sized hole)

dvldog0121
July 6th, 2009, 07:46 PM
dvldog = devil dog = Marine...0121 was my military job designation, which was a personnel clerk.

tjkamper
July 28th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Mine is really complicated.......................All my friends and family call me TJ. My legal name is Travis J. Kamper and my signature is simply TJ Kamper.

kkim
July 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Mine is really complicated.......................All my friends and family call me TJ. My legal name is Travis J. Kamper and my signature is simply TJ Kamper.

almost as complicated as mine. :D

can't beat "Alex" though. :rolleyes:

emt250
July 29th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I'm an EMT, and I obviously ride a 250. Sooo there ya go.

k1prototype
November 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Mine is from a prototype car I was making in an autocad class in high school.

K = Kareem
1 = first design
prototype = no need to explain this one.

kkim
November 12th, 2009, 12:05 AM
I also own a ducati.

also??? under "motorcycles" in your user info it says none. :)

kkim
November 12th, 2009, 01:05 AM
yeah, I saw the update.

yum... some really nice bikes you have. care to post some pics when you have the time? Perhaps in an intro thread in the new member's section? love them ducs. :cool:

CZroe
November 12th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Short for "CyberZer0," a name I picked back when Star Trek TNG was still in production and anything "cyber" was still cool. It was cyber-this and cyber-that. For example, when I played on XBAND (SNES, Genesis, and Saturn multiplayer modem/service), I went by "CyberThreat." As time went on I found that too often in-use, so eventually I went from a "threat" to a "zero" ("nobody"). At least that was never taken. :D "Cyber" was soon so cliched online that I began obfuscating it over ten years ago... so here you go.

welcome Nickey :)

Umm... are you going to explain yours or what? And how about explaining your "location" while you are at it? :)

All I got was "hot night, dream world" from the translation but that doesn't answer "why?" ;)

well since KKim just PM'd me to get my butt in here and explain myself, I guess I better... :D :D :D

for a long time as a gamer, fragger, and guitar player needing a nickname and an email address, I would use such monikers as "guitarshark", cobra this, dragon that.
Well that all changed one day.

One of my favorite preachers is a guy named Jon Courson from Medford, OR. I've met his brothers Jimmy and Dave, a great bunch of guys.
Well, when Jimmy and Jon were kids they bought a guinea pig, named "Humble".
(This is a fantastic name for a guineapig btw).
They had him for a few months, and loved him and fed him and pet him. Well, one morning at the breakfast table, Jon hears Jimmy yelling for him to come quick.
Jon runs into Humble's room...lo and behold, Humble...HE was SHE and SHE had BABIES.
So we're listening to this on the radio, and my mom mused aloud, "I wonder how THAT happened!"
My response was epic.
"Well, I guess a rogue guinea pig came through and....HEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY...now THAT's an idea..."

It's stuck for the last 15 years on forums and LAN parties.

It's also helped by my love for guineapigs...my wife and I have owned 4 so far, and
will probably own another 60-70 before it's all over.

It may be weird, but it's true. I used to use RabidMarsupial at LAN parties too.

but until then rogue.guineapig it is. :)
If YOU are the rogue.guineapig, I guess the mystery of who the father was is solved. :eek:

Sailariel
November 12th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Spent 14 Years sailing a 38`Cutter for 80,000+ Nautical miles. We did the East coast US and the Caribbean. The boat was named Ariel and we still own her today. Will probably resume the cruising life in four years or so.

HMB-ninja
November 13th, 2009, 10:52 AM
HMB = Half Moon Bay, CA. This is an awful little town and i would highly recomend never coming here, you wont like it trust me! Hills that run down into the ocean, open spaces trees, birds and sky. and the only way in or out is through twisty mountian roads....this place sucks stay away!

foxpaws
November 14th, 2009, 02:29 AM
I suck at tact and subtlety. Really, really bad.

JaeL
November 14th, 2009, 07:11 AM
My FIRST NAME IS JOHNSON. yes MFer Johnson. Do you realize I have to explain that on a daily basis. No not John or Jonathan or even Johnston. It's JOHNSON. At some point I started going by J. Not not Jay like a bird. Just J. And since I'm so damn creative it became Jae, and my last name starts with an L = JaeL

I don't sound angry do i?

CZroe
November 14th, 2009, 09:07 AM
My FIRST NAME IS JOHNSON. yes MFer Johnson. Do you realize I have to explain that on a daily basis. No not John or Jonathan or even Johnston. It's JOHNSON. At some point I started going by J. Not not Jay like a bird. Just J. And since I'm so damn creative it became Jae, and my last name starts with an L = JaeL

I don't sound angry do i?

My initials spell "Jet" but I didn't start using it until I moved away from my twin brother (he's "Jet" too). :D He didn't start using it because he's still with the same friends and family that he's been with his whole life.

Alex
November 15th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I suck at tact and subtlety. Really, really bad.

Well done. :thumbup:

jcgirl
November 15th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I am definately a member of the creativity club.... JC are my initials and I'm a girl. Although after reading the stories behind some of the other names, maybe I should have put more thought into it.

sixer
November 17th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Though my Infantry Bros call me Furious/ MR Furious I came up with Sixer cause I tend to be a bit more observerant of our squad/teams back... while everyones horse playing being complacent ... $#*^ happens

Nfiniti
November 22nd, 2009, 06:16 PM
wow, what are u protecting yurself from, a zombie attack?! :)

That won't work, he'll run out of ammo. You need a samurai sword or something.

Angel-be-Good
November 22nd, 2009, 08:56 PM
HMB = Half Moon Bay, CA. This is an awful little town and i would highly recomend never coming here, you wont like it trust me! Hills that run down into the ocean, open spaces trees, birds and sky. and the only way in or out is through twisty mountian roads....this place sucks stay away!
I try to stay far, far away from Half Moon Bay at least once a week, hoping to move there so I can stay away seven days a week. I just can't imagine having to ride 92 or Devil's Slide every day to get to work, that'd just be terrible!

I got my name from the movie Dogma in which one of the characters says something along the lines of, "Shred him [an angel] with your angel be good special!" I first used the name playing multiplayer Halo years ago, crowding my apartment with friends every weekend. "Angel-be-Good" struck fear into the hearts of dorks.

JaeL
November 24th, 2009, 03:14 PM
you look like a character on my video game @ sixxer

Flow
November 24th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Flow is the name of my 250R.

kkim
January 8th, 2010, 11:54 AM
:bump:

LazinCajun
January 8th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I'm from Louisiana, and usually when I'm reading these forums it's to procrastinate from work :)

Snake
January 8th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I'm from Louisiana, and usually when I'm reading these forums it's to procrastinate from work :)

Do you get to eat crawfish in Florida? Man I love those "mud-bugs".

LazinCajun
January 8th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Nope :( There's actually not much good seafood in this city period... I do get to eat some when I visit family back home, but it's not too often that I'm home and they're in season at the same time. Ah well.

CC Cowboy
January 9th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Trey, OutBack Crab Shack,on the St Johns River is great for mudbugs, crabs, shrimp, etc.

www.outbackcrabshack.com

8155 County Road 13 N
St Augustine, FL 32092-2405
(904) 522-050

The Yearling is cool and it's over by you (in the middle of nowhere).

www.yearlingrestaurant.net

14531 E County Road 325
Hawthorne, FL 32640-8318
(352) 466-3999

With a little research (and some exploring by motorcycle) you will find hidden treasures all over. Here are two that are great. You have to find the rest on your own. Be sure to post your findings.

LazinCajun
January 9th, 2010, 11:45 AM
You're my hero!

kkim
January 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
You're my hero!

lol... he's a hero to lots of us here. :D

cc/enzo's good people. :thumbup:

ASecretNinja
January 15th, 2010, 03:42 PM
A Secret Ninja is inspired by an obscure song (I.E. before they got mainstream) by a band called AFI called "This Secret Ninja". I just changed the article for some reason. It's also ironic because my bike is black and purple, I have a yellow, green, and red jackets, and a silver helmet. So I'm by no means secret or stealthy as I ride around lol.

Snake
January 15th, 2010, 03:54 PM
^^^ Better to be visible and safe than to be invisible to traffic. Great screen name. :thumbup:

tapdiggy
January 18th, 2010, 12:20 AM
My user name is an abbreviated version of "The Asian Persuasion." It was a lot to say, so it started getting shortened to simply TAP; then the "Diggy" got added.

Zombiphone
January 22nd, 2010, 11:32 PM
I may as well chime in. Not an interesting story, but this is how my mind tends to work- I used to work in quality assurance at THQ, testing games generally on Xbox 360. So, since the games are constantly changing, I had to constantly make new gamertags to avoid old data bringing back false negatives and such. Partially because I was really into Resident Evil at the time, and partially because I just really love Zombie movies, I decided to use Zombie as the base for all my tags. One day, I was thinking about various musical instruments you could probably make out of a Zombie, and thus:

Zombie + Xylophone = Zombiphone. Obviously :p

Made me smile every time I pictured it, so it stuck.

Snake
January 23rd, 2010, 08:04 AM
Verey cool story and very cool job as well Tiffani.

greg737
January 23rd, 2010, 08:56 AM
Greg737. Okay maybe this screen name wasn't my best moment of creativity but...

My "other ride" has 48,000 pounds of thrust and goes nearly 600 MPH!
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/EWflyer/14703121.jpg
And I've never gotten a ticket in it.

Snake
January 23rd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Great aiplane. The Boeing 737 has been the "workhorse" of the industry and is still going strong. Not sure if they can or would even want to stretch it any longer than they allready have. I have performed many inspections on that aircraft.

Alex
January 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM
My "other ride" has 48,000 pounds of thrust and goes nearly 600 MPH!

But can it wheelie? :thumbup:

tapdiggy
January 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM

I think whaeelies are in fact a requisite.

ninjabrewer
January 24th, 2010, 02:34 PM

all the time. :D

nb

rceezy
May 15th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Looking through the member list, I was kind of curious where everybody got their name from.

Mine is a nickname derived from a nickname, LOL! My initials are "RC" which stands for... REALLY COOL!, and then it became RCEEZY and it just stuck ever since! Some have even shortened to Ceezy.

(I did a search for this but didn't find anything. If I missed it, please merge and disregard!)

kkim
May 15th, 2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10885&

:)

rceezy
May 15th, 2010, 07:18 PM
LOL, I'm a ratard!

Alex
May 15th, 2010, 07:28 PM
/threads merged

tabogon
May 15th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Mine came from a conversation I had with a buddy of mine back in high school. I told him that I hate being around a lot of people and would rather live in a place that is not very popular with tourists, but would just be an awesome place to live. He said,"Like in Europe?" (he didn't know a lot about geography) and I said,"No, like Tabogon." Took him a while to find out where it was.

Side note, if you are ok with funny sexual jokes, google tabogon and look in the urban dictionary. :thumbup:

GeneJunkie
May 15th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Mine is completely nerdy. I am a biochemist so I am constantly cloning hence gene junkie ... probably one of the least creative user names I've made

rceezy
May 16th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Mine is completely nerdy. I am a biochemist so I am constantly cloning hence gene junkie ... probably one of the least creative user names I've made

Can you clone me? I need an extra me to do all of the womanly work around the house. :cool:

toast
May 16th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I used to go by babyblade (for the CBR400RR) but once I got it through my head that I'm not likely to own one (they're grey-market bikes here) I decided I needed another nickname...one that wasn't as girly.

When we first started dating my husband called me a cute toaster because when I sleep I make a nest in the blankets and give off a lot of heat. Paul often calls me toast for short et voila, I have a new nickname :D

rceezy
May 17th, 2010, 06:39 AM
I used to go by babyblade (for the CBR400RR) but once I got it through my head that I'm not likely to own one (they're grey-market bikes here) I decided I needed another nickname...one that wasn't as girly.

When we first started dating my husband called me a cute toaster because when I sleep I make a nest in the blankets and give off a lot of heat. Paul often calls me toast for short et voila, I have a new nickname :D

LOL! I love the story behind the name. Kudos to the hubby for making toasters seem romantic. ;)

GeneJunkie
May 17th, 2010, 10:20 AM

Aww so cute. Ryan calls me the heater bug because I do the same exact thing.

Snake
August 25th, 2010, 04:34 PM
BUMP
For all our new members out here. How did you come up with your Ninjette Forum User Name?

highpsiguy
August 25th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Well when I was 19 I started my own pressure cleaning business. Here I am 41 and still dragging hoses, hanging off buildings and filling my tall rubber boots full of water :D

High-psi-guy - get it? I always thought it had a nice ring to it

ally99
August 25th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Dunno. My name is Allyson, hence the Ally. 99? No idea. Hmm, I got married in 1999, so we'll go with that. :-) Unless it's already taken, ally99 is my screen name on every site I visit.

possumapproved
August 25th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Well mine comes from a joke in my college house about one of my cats, 'Possum. He's terrified of almost everybody and will hide if someone comes near him. However there were a few people that he would climb right onto and purr. We would call these people 'Possum approved. Mostly its cause I have a pic of him standing on the tank of my bike looking like he wants a ride :D (though now I can't find it)

and because I'm like any annoying parent, a picture!

Here's Possy who always approves of his teddy bear
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v374/170/25/49402915/n49402915_32080786_575.jpg

00NissanNinja
August 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM
00 for 00 gundam (one of my favorite tv series though I like gundam wing a bit better), Nissan cause I like nissans and I have a nissan that I work on myself (really wish I had a 350z), and Ninja cause I have a kawasaki ninja and I plan to go formally learn ninjitsu (yes it exists and there are some good places to learn its pretty awesome its like karate and jiu jitsu and some other stuff minus that tv stuff with magical type techniques). I already did a bit of tae kwon do and I like it so I would like to try ninjitsu. Additionally I like all of the ninja gaiden games.

Trillian
August 25th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Mine is easy. I love The Hitchhiker's Guide the Universe. I've read all of it.

backinthesaddleagain
August 25th, 2010, 09:10 PM
was away from riding, then like aerosmith sang i'm back in the saddle again

CZroe
August 25th, 2010, 10:14 PM
00 for 00 gundam (one of my favorite tv series though I like gundam wing a bit better), Nissan cause I like nissans and I have a nissan that I work on myself (really wish I had a 350z), and Ninja cause I have a kawasaki ninja and I plan to go formally learn ninjitsu (yes it exists and there are some good places to learn its pretty awesome its like karate and jiu jitsu and some other stuff minus that tv stuff with magical type techniques). I already did a bit of tae kwon do and I like it so I would like to try ninjitsu. Additionally I like all of the ninja gaiden games.

ALL of them? ;) I'm willing to bet that you've never touched the original three! And people think that the XBOX/360/PS3 games are hard... I DARE you to beat The Jaquio in one sitting without save states (the NES didn't have them so you can't abuse your emulator-granted comforts).

00NissanNinja
August 25th, 2010, 10:23 PM
ALL of them? ;) I'm willing to bet that you've never touched the original three! And people think that the XBOX/360/PS3 games are hard... I DARE you to beat The Jaqio in one sitting without save states (the NES didn't have them so you can't abuse your emulator-granted comforts).
Yep original three included I even got the old nes sitting around too (its my bros). I love those old games. Jacquio is cheap as hell, It took my quite a few play throughs to beat him (multiple tries per day on the NES till I got lucky and killed the bastard lol). The 2nd one I got lucky and the 3rd I have yet to beat it gets to damn cheap in the middle. But I bought all three on wii so I probably will try to beat the 3rd soon (those save states will save some tossed controllers:D). PS3 version is fun though, definitely not as hard as the originals, I have beaten the new ones on master ninja. People now a days are missing out on those awesome classics. Heck the originals are why I even found out about the new version and got excited for them

CZroe
August 25th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Yep original three included I even got the old nes sitting around too (its my bros). I love those old games. Jacquio is cheap as hell, It took my quite a few play throughs to beat him (multiple tries per day on the NES till I got lucky and killed the bastard lol). The 2nd one I got lucky and the 3rd I have yet to beat it gets to damn cheap in the middle. But I bought all three on wii so I probably will try to beat the 3rd soon (those save states will save some tossed controllers:D). PS3 version is fun though, definitely not as hard as the originals, I have beaten the new ones on master ninja. People now a days are missing out on those awesome classics. Heck the originals are why I even found out about the new version and got excited for them

Bravo! When I was a kid I remember being ANGRY when I finally discovered how to use your power-ups (Up + B). I had made it to the end (Jaquio; first part) and died several times WITHOUT knowing that. It's similar to my experience with Super Mario Bros. 3: I beat the game several times over before realizing that you could press Up & Down to cycle through your list of items seven at a time (four rows of seven). I always had to waste items to access anything after the first seven! When the game awards you 28 Magic Wings (P-Wings/Power Wings) after completion, I had to waste 22 of them to know how many it awarded you... which was one of the first things I did. ;)

00NissanNinja
August 25th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Bravo! When I was a kid I remember being ANGRY when I finally discovered how to use your power-ups (Up + B). I had made it to the end (Jaquio; first part) and died several times WITHOUT knowing that. It's similar to my experience with Super Mario Bros. 3: I beat the game several times over before realizing that you could press Up & Down to cycle through your list of items seven at a time (four rows of seven). I always had to waste items to access anything after the first seven! When the game awards you 28 Magic Wings (P-Wings/Power Wings) after completion, I had to waste 22 of them to know how many it awarded you... which was one of the first things I did. ;)

Yeah those fire wheel scrolls saved my a** on a lot of those bosses later in the game. You know they need to work on getting the story together in the new version, the old versions had a way better story to it (especially since ninja gaiden was one of the few games back then that actually had cut scenes). Ninja Gaiden sigma 2's storyline was kinda wacky. Great to know someone who knows the history!:thumbup: cause some people have no idea lol. I should probably try to get SMB 3 since that was the one I skipped and it probably was one of the best ones too since he had a lot of different suits in that one.

KURT
August 25th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Mine is ... my name.

Seen infrequently, it's always available, when I select a user name.

Blackwidow
August 26th, 2010, 09:15 AM
mine goes back all the way to high school, its sort of personal.... I had a life science class, our assignment was pick a species and do a report on it, I chose a blackwidow spiders. After learning so much I became fascinated by them. During that time, my "best friend in the whole world" stabbed me in the back (not literally) and started rumors about me that I had slept with a gazillon guys (fkn biznitch), I became the wh0re of the school and I was still a virgin, Guys from school that I never even talked to started saying they did this with me and that with me...none of it was true. I was crushed and really took the blackwidow thing to the heart... I always said IF I ever did sleep with a guy, i'd dispose of them later to get rid of evidence...I never did obviously. I got so involved with blackwidows that I started posting pictures of them in my lockers, the few friends I did have started calling me BW (blackwidow) and the name just stuck with me since. Stupid story I know, but when you're in high school and people are making your life miserable, it really messes you up for a very long time.

kamikaze
August 26th, 2010, 09:49 AM
i started using kamikaze in high school. probably a lack of creativity on my part, but it's easy. a lot of places i have to add a number and since I am a bit of a rush fan if kamikaze isn't available, I add 2112 to the end.

Snake
August 26th, 2010, 09:50 AM
That was a great story, not stupid at all. Going through rough times like that when we are young makes us stronger adults. I see you survived and now don't take crap from anyone.

scttlthn
August 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
i'm just lame.. i just took out all the vowels in my first and last name.. i use this on most forums for the sake of not forgetting my user name.. but i was born in san francisco, hence my nick-name Cisco..

drowe531
August 26th, 2010, 10:48 AM
First Initial
Last Name
Birthday

Been using it for a long time now

Scott1620
August 26th, 2010, 11:08 AM
i'm just lame.. i just took out all the vowels in my first and last name.. i use this on most forums for the sake of not forgetting my user name.. but i was born in san francisco, hence my nick-name Cisco..

Your user name should be Tyrone Biggums with that avatar lol, or IwantsumCrack :thumbup:

My name is my name with the last 4 digs of my phone# in it... Pretty much use that on all the forums and stuff on the net...

00NissanNinja
August 26th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Your user name should be Tyrone Biggums with that avatar lol, or IwantsumCrack :thumbup:.

:rotflmao: most certainly agreed!

ninjabrewer
August 27th, 2010, 08:22 AM
mine goes back all the way to high school, its sort of personal.... I had a life science class, our assignment was pick a species and do a report on it, I chose a blackwidow spiders. After learning so much I became fascinated by them. During that time, my "best friend in the whole world" stabbed me in the back (not literally) and started rumors about me that I had slept with a gazillon guys (fkn biznitch), I became the wh0re of the school and I was still a virgin, Guys from school that I never even talked to started saying they did this with me and that with me...none of it was true. I was crushed and really took the blackwidow thing to the heart... I always said IF I ever did sleep with a guy, i'd dispose of them later to get rid of evidence...I never did obviously. I got so involved with blackwidows that I started posting pictures of them in my lockers, the few friends I did have started calling me BW (blackwidow) and the name just stuck with me since. Stupid story I know, but when you're in high school and people are making your life miserable, it really messes you up for a very long time.

I kinda knew the feeling, a guy that wasn't, never has been, never will be, my friend started rumors that I was gay while I was in the 7th grade and it kinda stuck all through HS. I was a lucky though, the rumors didn't spread very far and I didn't get my a$$ beat by a bunch of religious rednecks.

nb

spooph
August 27th, 2010, 09:47 AM

Time to come visit! Wanna do a beer? :D

My name came from 7th grade. I had a hobby of making up my own words. I "invented" spoef, to mean something funny. Maybe because it was a subconscious attempt at learning English quickly, I learned my first English word in 5th grade when we came to America. In 8th grade I looked it up in a dictionary and found spoof as a real word, meaning, parody. I was pissed off that I couldn't be original, but after thinking for a while I realized I'm a jester, a joker, a devil's advocate, and generally full fill the definition of a spoof, parody on a daily basis. I changed the f to a ph to make it a name. So I guess I was hard-wired to be spooph.

Jerkson
August 27th, 2010, 10:12 AM
My name is Jason and I tend to be very sarcastic and (jokingly) a jerk especially among friends. My GF coined the name Jerkson as a combo of Jason and Jerk.

midknight
August 27th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Midknight - my last name is Knight and I am sorta kinda in the middle of all my siblings. Alot of the time people think I just can't spell and want it to be midnight, but that's not the case.

DBentley415
August 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM
google tabogon and look in the urban dictionary. :thumbup:

haha one of the many disgusting sexual acts defined by urban dictionary....

backinthesaddleagain
August 27th, 2010, 10:50 AM
haha one of the many disgusting sexual acts defined by urban dictionary....

haha, had never heard that

DBentley415
August 27th, 2010, 10:51 AM
as for my name....growing up in wisconsin I happen to be a devoted country fan and kenny chesney is one of my favorites....the 415 stands for my birthday which I have always been obsessed with (April 15th)...it's tax day and I am going to school for accounting....it's even tattooed on me :D

backinthesaddleagain
August 27th, 2010, 10:53 AM
as for my name....growing up in wisconsin I happen to be a devoted country fan and kenny chesney is one of my favorites....the 415 stands for my birthday which I have always been obsessed with (April 15th)...it's tax day and I am going to school for accounting....it's even tattooed on me :D

you have accounting tattooed on you? that was my major but I never thought to tattoo it on me.

drowe531
August 27th, 2010, 10:57 AM
you have accounting tattooed on you? that was my major but I never thought to tattoo it on me.

:lol:

DBentley415
August 27th, 2010, 02:38 PM

haha no silly....my birthday, 415 :P

DAKINECHICk
August 28th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Well, Dakine (I know is hawaiian) but is actually a skate/snow/surf brand that I have supported and have LOVED for about 10 years now. They have sponsored me in snowboarding for a few events and on top of that I LOVE their products!! I stand by them 110% so I have dakine stickers on my car, motorbike, laptop, etc and own A LOT of Dakine things. Just representing my fav. brand is all.

OH, And, I'm a chick. SOooOooO therefore I am dakineChicK.

vet415
August 29th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I grew up racing mx with the number 415 for years. Now that I run the "vet" class, or better known as "the old guys", I went with the user name vet415.

backinthesaddleagain
August 29th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I grew up racing mx with the number 415 for years. Now that I run the "vet" class, or better known as "the old guys", I went with the user name vet415.

Gene, ever venture down to FL for the Winter series. I did once in '86 great time. Remember a fast Georgian down there - Billy Lyles. Also Hannah would race the FL series instead of the CA series. good times.

backinthesaddleagain
August 29th, 2010, 07:55 PM
haha no silly....my birthday, 415 :P

Haha, I think I knew that LOL.

bob138
October 1st, 2010, 07:11 AM
Fist name Bob.
I've been a Misfits fan for over half my life now so 138 is one of those numbers for me.

That and Bob tends to be taken a lot on forums.

Bob

RedCromwell
October 3rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
The origin of my username is plain old geeky/nerdy.

Back in my DnD days, my character was always named Cromwell the Red (bloody). When I took up fraggin' players in on-line First Person Shooters I had to switch it/shorten it to RedCromwell.

And that's what I've used as my on-line persona ever since.

Snake
March 13th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Bump

money
May 31st, 2011, 08:50 AM
It's from the movie, "Swingers."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODjE-_OB3JI (some profanity)

Kitdog
May 31st, 2011, 02:33 PM
I was in high school in the early 90's and everyone was dog something... phil-dog tommy-d so natural I was called Kitdog by all my friends and it stuck.

Havok
May 31st, 2011, 03:26 PM
Wow i am shocked i never posted here. mine goes back to my days in college. Dealing with the aftermath of a massive Halloween bender my buddies started to tease me that every time i go out with them we would leave a wake of destruction behind us, One of the guys said something about wreaking havoc all over town, the rest of the day they kept referring to me as havok (we were nerds as well and loved x-men) and it stuck. The 3c part came about from when i was playing counterstrike, one of the clans i was in was our tag was (3C), Competitive Counterstrike Clan and i use that when havok is taken. So most forums and games i am either Havok or Havok3C lol.

xDxSx34
May 31st, 2011, 03:33 PM
the x's are just spacer letters and I think they look cool haha. D is for my first name, Dom, and the S is for my last name, Sabo. 34 was my football number back in high school. Pretty unoriginal name I guess.

phr3ek
May 31st, 2011, 03:38 PM
my first full time email add
i always considered myself weird, thus the name

bluepoof
May 31st, 2011, 03:47 PM
My now-husband and I dated long distance when I was in college in Wisconsin and he lived in California. When he would come to visit me on campus, he called me "poof" because of the big fluffy down jacket that I wore everywhere in winter.

The nickname became "bluepoof" when I started dyeing my hair blue in 1999. Even though it's been back to brown since 2008, the bluepoof nickname stays. :D