View Full Version : Questions about paint and holes in the frame.

Monkeytofu
July 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I've gained a couple of scratches on my engine from daily usage and I was wondering what would be the best engine paint to use to touch up small scuffs?

I'm also wondering if anyone knows what in the world those 2 holes under the headlight on the front fairings are? There's a cap between them but I don't see any other classic ninjas with anything attached to them.

alex.s
July 15th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Donno maybe high temp bbq paint or something. I think the holes are actually there so you can adjust the headlight reflector

Monkeytofu
July 15th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Donno maybe high temp bbq paint or something. I think the holes are actually there so you can adjust the headlight reflector

I have some flat black engine paint, but I don't think that will match the color. I'm just confused as to what black glossy color Kawasaki used because it's just there in between normal flat and normal glossy.

7oxSin
July 15th, 2012, 05:22 AM
I have some flat black engine paint, but I don't think that will match the color. I'm just confused as to what black glossy color Kawasaki used because it's just there in between normal flat and normal glossy.

i was looking at them holes the other day, and i seem to remember my first 250 having a plate that went inside the fairing and plugged into both holes. i dont know if it was stock at all and i know that my new ninja doesnt have it but if i had to take a shot in the dark i would say its a spot for a reinforcement plate to keep the fairing from snapping in 2 when you remove it.

if any one knows the right reason please feel free to correct me :p

EDIT

as for the engine paint any will do, the big thing would be matching the current color of your engine.