View Full Version : RoadracingWorld Article about the Ninjette

Alex
December 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM
And our very own Richard from RaceBikeRentals.com as well! 2 full pages in the January 2009 issue; well worth picking up a copy. It was about a fast trackday guy getting into racing for the first time by renting one of Richard's bikes and actually going out and winning in his first weekend.

RaceBikeRentals
December 19th, 2008, 08:22 AM
That was a pretty cool article. John Ulrich is really helping me out with my pimping and Brian is a good guy. He'll be racing the full season this year on his own bike.

Bourgeois
December 22nd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Yippy!

Alex
December 22nd, 2008, 02:06 AM
:welcome: Brian, and congrats! :thumbup:

Bourgeois
December 22nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
:welcome: Brian, and congrats! :thumbup:

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

RaceBikeRentals
December 23rd, 2008, 08:50 AM
You gonna be able to get that helmet on your head in a few weeks, Brian?? :D

Bourgeois
December 23rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
HAHAHAHA! I did have to go pick up an XL because the XS wouldn't cut it anymore.

No worries. I'll be humbled in my first Ninja Cup race.

kkim
December 23rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
You gonna be able to get that helmet on your head in a few weeks, Brian?? :D

lol... pot?? kettle??? :lol:

RaceBikeRentals
December 23rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
:allhail:

kkim
December 23rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
lol... you know i'm just playin'. You deserve all the accolades you recieve for all the hard work and dedication you've put into this venture. :clapping: wish you many more recognitions in the future and the best of luck, braddah!!:cheers:

RaceBikeRentals
December 23rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks, Kelly, its all good :)

Alex
January 20th, 2009, 12:50 AM
The RRW February 2009 issue has even more Ninjette coverage! First, there's the second installment of Brian Bourgeois's series about racing a 250 at Willow Springs. He evidently got hooked on one of Richard (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/member.php?do=getinfo&username=RaceBikeRentals)'s bikes (documented in the first installment) and ended up picking up a ninjette of his own, and quickly outfitted it for racing duty. And won his second race.

The very next article is about Melissa Paris (Josh Hayes' wife) hopping on another one of Richard's bikes to compete in the 250 cup, and having a blast. She ended up banging bars, elbows, stuffing her competitors, anything to keep that ninjette at the pointy end. She crossed the line exactly even with one of the folks she was racing with the whole race, and their transponders registered .000 seconds between them (the place was awarded to the other guy, but that's pretty close!). For reasons that would become obvious to those who have ridden actual GP125 and GP250 racebikes, a close-to-stock Ninjette isn't going to give quite the same racetrack experience, but she still mentioned how much fun she was having during the race.

Definitely worth the read...

RaceBikeRentals
January 20th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Melissa's article was a great read! RRW is giving a lot of love to this new up and coming class and I really appreciate it.

Bourgeois
January 20th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Melissa's article was a great read! RRW is giving a lot of love to this new up and coming class and I really appreciate it.
Not only was it a good read it was more fun to watch!

FYI, there will be more to come in RW.

Hey Rich, I think I'm going to try to make it out to Vegas this weekend.

tweakmon
January 21st, 2009, 08:56 AM
Man I gotta read some of those articles. I tell ya what, this past weekend's race was the funnest I've ever had. Of course, dropping my lap times by almost 3 secs was the icing.

Is Vegas this weekend a WERA event?

Bourgeois
January 21st, 2009, 09:19 AM
Is Vegas this weekend a WERA event?
Yes, it is.

RaceBikeRentals
January 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
Brian - I'll see you out there. We should all pit together. Ross, you in?

Bourgeois
January 21st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Brian - I'll see you out there. We should all pit together. Ross, you in?
Don't forget about Gougis. The more people we have the less likely we are to get something stolen.:eek:

tweakmon
January 22nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
I wish I could but there is just no way this week I'm afraid.

You guys have fun and I'll catch up to you soon.

Kurosaki
January 22nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
I'm seriously fiending for some track time again. I'm signed up for a date in April but that's a long time from now.

I need to find a way to condense the trackday experience into liquid form so I can shoot it straight into my veins...

Bourgeois
January 22nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
I'm seriously fiending for some track time again. I'm signed up for a date in April but that's a long time from now.

I need to find a way to condense the trackday experience into liquid form so I can shoot it straight into my veins...
Are you racing or track riding?

Kurosaki
January 22nd, 2009, 07:19 PM
Just trackdays for now when I can swing it...

I'm a broke college student. Don't have the funds to race although I think it would be really awesome.

Bourgeois
January 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
Just trackdays for now when I can swing it...

I'm a broke college student. Don't have the funds to race although I think it would be really awesome.

Once the bike is setup it isn't very expensive after that. And it's more fun than just a trackday.

Kurosaki
January 22nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
Good point. Maybe towards the mid to later part of this year I can try one of the ninja cup races. School expenses come first, otherwise I'd be at the track alot sooner this year.

I'm waiting to free up some money from my insurance which will fall significantly in June before I decide on doing more like racing or getting another bike or both.