View Full Version : Anyone try this? License plate lockable box

iplante
July 18th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Lock box that can be mounted behind the license plate (http://www.ebay.com/itm/330763424399?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)

I wonder how nice these are. The box mounts to the license plate brackets and the license plate mounts on the box. I think it'd be nice when I want to travel light but still have a place to lock my home keys (i have a different keychain just for my bike key) or wallet / smaller items.

I'd think it'd be safe because the bolts that mount the box on the plate brackets would be INSIDE the locked box. I'm wondering how heavy these are and if they would also work with these fender elimination kits for the pregens.

What do y'all think?

alex.s
July 18th, 2012, 10:36 AM
i would not trust it to hold anything important.

Monkeytofu
July 18th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Would be nice for storing an emergency kit instead of keeping it under the seat. I'd actually consider buying one if my license plate wasn't already wired up.

leed
July 18th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I have seen this before, and I'm 40-60% sure it was on here -- or maybe a local forum. The consensus was that you might be better off bolting a VHS box (Disney type or the denser ones from rental places) to your license plate instead!

iplante
July 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Leed, was it just not sturdy enough? A VHS case wouldn't lock though!