View Full Version : Anyone have a HR1 Riot or full V.A.L.E. full system from Two Bros?

Cochese
December 19th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm trying to decide on an HR1 Riot slip on...

http://www.hardrockmotorsports.com/hr1_web/HR1_web_street_KAWASAKI_ZX250_NINJA08.html

http://www.hardrockmotorsports.com/hr1_web/ZX250_NINJA/images/ZX250-NINJA-08_05.jpg

...or a V.A.L.E.™ M-2 Complete Exhaust System...

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-20801&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Kaw-Ninja250R-FULL-08.html

http://www.twobros.com/Exhaust/Kawasaki/2008_kaw_ninja250r_FULL_sid.jpg

Can we compare/contrast?

I sent kkim a PM, but I need something to occupy my time while I wait for his brain to warm up. :D

For further consideration, I'm trying to decide on one of these, and an upgrade path for intake and jetting.

Thanks all!

VeX
December 19th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Those anodized HR1 pipes look friggin sweet! The catch is that BOTH of those are going to be loud as a mother ****a! It's kind of irritating and you're bound to piss off the fuzz...

... No wait you ARE the fuzz! :confused30:

kkim
December 19th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Those anodized HR1 pipes look friggin sweet! The catch is that BOTH of those are going to be loud as a mother ****a! It's kind of irritating and you're bound to piss off the fuzz...

... No wait you ARE the fuzz! :confused30:

lol... so he'll piss himself off?? "Quiet down!!!... Will not!!!... will too... will not... will too... "
:fightmallets:

Alex
December 19th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Clenzer72 was selling a HR1 Riot slip-on at a good price on another board (http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274576), he may still have it.

Cochese
December 19th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Lol... You guys kill me. I've never been big on enforcing noise.

That said, I like the sound of both and the HR1 is adjustable. The 2bros has a silencer insert IIRC.

I may be going full for the flow and no cats.

I like the price of that used one though!

:eek:
Posted via Mobile Device

kkim
December 19th, 2008, 07:59 PM

That said, I like the sound of both and the HR1 is adjustable. The 2bros has a silencer insert IIRC.

Posted via Mobile Device

you could always buy the HR1, cut open the stock header pipe and remove the cat, then weld it back up. :D

CRXTrek
December 19th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I made the mistake of buying an HR-1 can :mad:
My opinion , OVER priced , No quality , and the ajustability they brag about isn't there . It's so loud i kept my revs under 4,000.
I would stay with an A P or Yoshi if i were you

Cochese
December 19th, 2008, 08:27 PM
But I like loud!
:D
Posted via Mobile Device

CRXTrek
December 19th, 2008, 08:52 PM
But I like loud!
Posted via Mobile Device
Then run a straight pipe and save some money
GP look:thumbup:

kkim
December 19th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Then run a straight pipe and save some money
GP look:thumbup:

give him time... let him have his fun. :)

after he tires of the loud exhaust ringing his ears, I predict an AP quite core in his future. :D

Cochese... have you seen this thread? http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10209

Sailariel
December 19th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Kelly, I will probably modify the jets in the carbs, and will anodize my wheels in gold, get a Corbin seat,and get a new windscreen either from Zero Gravity or someone else--and who knows what else I will do. I will, however keep the stock exhaust. I love the quiet.

kkim
December 19th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Alex... yeah, but choices, that's what makes this country so great. ;)

... but I agree, I like quiet bikes, too.
Must be an age thing? :D

VeX
December 19th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Alex... yeah, but choices, that's what makes this country so great. ;)

... but I agree, I like quiet bikes, too.
Must be an age thing? :D
Whaaaaat? You'll have to speak up... I can't hear ANYTHING at about 3,000+ RPM's over my standard core Area P! :D

I can't stress enough how annoyingly loud the short pipe mufflers are. Although I heard a LOUD HD come chugging up my street earlier today so It made me feel a little less bad about the loudness of mine ;) Now there is NO reason to have that attrociously loud a pipe.

kkim
December 19th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Whaaaaat? You'll have to speak up... I can't hear ANYTHING at about 3,000+ RPM's over my standard core Area P! :D

I can't stress enough how annoyingly loud the short pipe mufflers are. Although I heard a LOUD HD come chugging up my street earlier today so It made me feel a little less bad about the loudness of mine ;) Now there is NO reason to have that attrociously loud a pipe.

see??? another old fart!! :pound:

Cochese
December 19th, 2008, 11:23 PM
give him time... let him have his fun. :)

after he tires of the loud exhaust ringing his ears, I predict an AP quite core in his future. :D

Cochese... have you seen this thread? http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10209

You guys kill me! :D

Kelly, I hit up your ear plug thread!

CRXTrek (Steve) has graciously sold my his HR1 :thumbup:

I'm gonna shim for now and install that, after I paint the endcap flat black. :D

VeX
December 19th, 2008, 11:25 PM
You guys kill me! :D

CRXTrek (Steve) has graciously sold my his HR1 :thumbup:

I'm gonna shim for now and install that, after I paint the endcap flat black. :D

WHHHHHHAAATTT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THAT LOUD ASS CAN!!!

:p I've been waiting all day for the right opportunity to do that :D

kkim
December 19th, 2008, 11:26 PM

:lol: Good... you're gonna need some! :ear:

Cochese
December 19th, 2008, 11:27 PM

:p I've been waiting all day for the right opportunity to do that :D

:rofl:

:lol: Good... you're gonna need some! :ear:

It's only 6.8 miles to work, one way! :D

kkim
December 19th, 2008, 11:27 PM

:p I've been waiting all day for the right opportunity to do that :D dadum, pish!! :drum:

k-os
December 19th, 2008, 11:38 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Hard-Rock was selling the HR1 slip-ons for $318, on eBay, during Thanksgiving. I was pretty tempted to get one.

Cochese
December 19th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Hard-Rock was selling the HR1 slip-ons for $318, on eBay, during Thanksgiving. I was pretty tempted to get one.

I won't tell you what I stole Steve's for! :eek:

(Thanks Steve!)

CRXTrek
December 19th, 2008, 11:57 PM

It's only 6.8 miles to work, one way! :D

I hope it is daylight rush hour travel:eek:

CRXTrek
December 20th, 2008, 12:03 AM

(Thanks Steve!)

Hey, I was about to recycle it with my cans:decision:
Damn, There are alot of Smileys here:thumbup:

kkim
December 20th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Damn, There are alot of Smileys here:thumbup: why, yes... yes there are. :jumping40:

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I hope it is daylight rush hour travel:eek:

Hey, I was about to recycle it with my cans:decision:
Damn, There are alot of Smileys here:thumbup:

I'm glad you didn't!

why, yes... yes there are. :jumping40:

:allhail:

Best place to buy a FSM?

kkim
December 20th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Best place to buy a FSM?

:D Direct from Kawasaki or there are bootleg photocopies on eBay.

g21-30
December 20th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Lol... You guys kill me.

I told you, these guys will take no survivors!! I bet when you show the officer your badge, he will ask where you bought the muffler, because he wants one also!:laser:

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I told you, these guys will take no survivors!! I bet when you show the officer your badge, he will ask where you bought the muffler, because he wants one also!:laser:

Ok, I got an email back from Area-P about buying a header directly from them to fab the HR1 to...

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the inquiry. Our systems are normally only available and priced as a complete unit, since we manufacture them as matching sets. But from time to time, we do have headpipes only for sale. We do currently have a few available. Price is $295.00.

Sincerely,

Kerry Bryant

Only issues I see are here... (thanks for the pics kkim!)

http://www.kawiforums.com/gallery/data/543/medium/DSC04273-1.JPG

http://www.kawiforums.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC04270-11.JPG

The stock manifold has a tab to put a bolt into the frame near the rear brake lever/foot peg.

This is not present on the Area P header. I see this needing to be fabbed on. My only other concern is the departure angle of the header as it would feed into the Area P can not matching the angle required for the HR1. That, and the diameter of the header vs the stock manifold and whether it will fit.

Any ideas?

I think it's safe to assume I'm the first knuckle head to try this or at least post about it. :D

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I'm interested in seeing this through since, even with the cost of the used can ($100), the header ($300) and some minor welding fab at the muffler shop, ($50-100), I'm still into a full exhaust for $450-500 as opposed to the full system from any of the vendors, and it's something to call my own.

:thumbup:

CRXTrek
December 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM
You can use a clamp ,like h-d pipes have and bolt it at the same place for support
Any muffler shop can enlarge the hr 1 to fit
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=444547&store=Main&catId=403&productId=p444547&leafCatId=40306&mmyId=

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 04:59 PM
You can use a clamp ,like h-d pipes have and bolt it at the same place for support
Any muffler shop can enlarge the hr 1 to fit

I thought about that but was worried that a clamp either wouldn't be as secure as a tab welded on, or would lead to rattles!

If a Harley can do it, the Ninja probably can.

I don't know much about exhaust fab. Do the use some type of spanner to widen the mouth of the HR1?

CRXTrek
December 20th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I thought about that but was worried that a clamp either wouldn't be as secure as a tab welded on, or would lead to rattles!

If a Harley can do it, the Ninja probably can.

I don't know much about exhaust fab. Do the use some type of spanner to widen the mouth of the HR1?

They have a machine to open up diameters or compress them.
Most shops custom bend full car systems from straight tubing stock and they can put in any mufflers

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Do any of the clamps here look like they need to be ordered?

http://hardrockmotorsports.com/HR1_web/HR1_web_products.html

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 05:07 PM
They have a machine to open up diameters or compress them.
Most shops custom bend full car systems from straight tubing stock and they can put in any mufflers

Makes sense!

CRXTrek
December 20th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Do any of the clamps here look like they need to be ordered?

http://hardrockmotorsports.com/HR1_web/HR1_web_products.html

I wouldn't . you can use you stock clamp, it's stronger than the one they have
The clamp in the link i posted can be picked up at any parts store

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't . you can use you stock clamp, it's stronger than the one they have
The clamp in the link i posted can be picked up at any parts store

Noted. :)

CRXTrek
December 20th, 2008, 05:27 PM
This looks like it will make a great,LOUD,system on the cheap
Pipes look to have the same bend where it matters...by the foot peg
Good luck :thumbup:

http://www.kawiforums.com/gallery/data/543/medium/DSC04273-1.JPG

kkim
December 20th, 2008, 05:32 PM
The area P header flairs out at the end... I don't know if you've noticed that or not. It will not fit a muffler with a stock diameter inlet.

CRXTrek
December 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
The area P header flairs out at the end... I don't know if you've noticed that or not. It will not fit a muffler with a stock diameter inlet.
The HR1 needs the headpipe cut right behind the support tange at the bend and he will need the pipes massaged to fit together

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Looks like its nothing $100 at the muffler shop can't knock out!

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Here is another question...

If I buy this header and fab it up to the can, is there a high temp flat black paint I should use if I want to paint the header black?

Is there a reason I wouldn't want to paint it?

CRXTrek
December 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Looks like its nothing $100 at the muffler shop can't knock out!

Then it will sound like a tractor pull event every time you roll on the throttle :woot2:

CRXTrek
December 20th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Here is another question...

If I buy this header and fab it up to the can, is there a high temp flat black paint I should use if I want to paint the header black?

Is there a reason I wouldn't want to paint it?
I used Rust-oleum High heat ultra got it at wal-mart
stays on ,the heat makes it better
sure you can paint it all

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Then it will sound like a tractor pull event every time you roll on the throttle :woot2:

:thumbup::D:cool:

CRXTrek
December 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM

(Thanks Steve!)

I'm interested in seeing this through since, even with the cost of the used can ($100), the header ($300) and some minor welding fab at the muffler shop, ($50-100), I'm still into a full exhaust for $450-500 as opposed to the full system from any of the vendors, and it's something to call my own.

:eek: What !!! I thought we agreed on $100 and a bag of magic beans ? :D

Cochese
December 20th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I used Rust-oleum High heat ultra got it at wal-mart
stays on ,the heat makes it better
sure you can paint it all

Matter of fact, I have some left over from the heat shields on my truck! :thumbup:

:eek: What !!! I thought we agreed on $100 and a bag of magic beans ? :D

I blamed the magic beans on the gas I've been producing tonight after chinese food! I'd be sleeping on the couch if I weren't going to work all night!

k-os
December 20th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Dang, $100 is a nice deal. Wish I could find one for that.

Cochese
December 21st, 2008, 07:50 AM
Dang, $100 is a nice deal. Wish I could find one for that.

It's not perfect. It's gonna need a little work, some welding and some paint.

There is a link near the top of this thread with one on another forum for $300 in new shape.

That's about $150 off! :thumbup:

CRXTrek
December 21st, 2008, 10:06 AM
It's not perfect. It's gonna need a little work, some welding and some paint.

There is a link near the top of this thread with one on another forum for $300 in new shape.

That's about $150 off! :thumbup:

Or....You can wait a few weeks.
I'm pretty sure Cochese will have one he will sell.
:bunnycake: :happy130: