View Full Version : '09 ZX6R Update

austexjg
July 20th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Just thought I would make a quick update about some of the things I have noticed over the last few months.

I get anywhere from 39 - 43 mpg depending on riding style - I only use it on the weekends to relieve some stress or at the track.

I have also noticed that even the little about of space in the tail section of the 250r was great to have - I can't find a place for even a backpack for just-in-case situations.

I don't know why, but going the speed limit is a problem.

The amount of heat this beast puts off is crazy compared to the ninjette.

Squidding out in traffic is not as easy - I would not even think twice about splitting cars at speed - did it once on the ZX6R at it felt like a trying to pass a steam-roller through a toll booth.

At the track, this thing shines like a super nova. The side to side flickability is somewhat slower than the 250r, but the stability at any point in a turn is incredible - especially after having the suspension set by a pro. An upgraded rear shock would make this thing a real racer.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=819&pictureid=6907

codestp202
July 20th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Super awesome. I love those bikes!

lgk
July 20th, 2012, 03:41 PM
nice bike

always liked green ninjas

austexjg
July 20th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Sorry the photo is so big - did not intend for that.

I was leaning towards the black, but the more I saw Kawasaki Green, the more it grew on me. Now, I could not imagine the bike not being green - it is the only place the color truly belongs. Even in this photo, it does not seem to really bring the Lime Green to life.

austexjg
September 3rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Another thing I learned this weekend - my "juevos" are so much happier on the ZX6R; the 250R sure was a ball-buster on bumpy roads. Decided to take a backroad I knew was bumpy and have not gone down since owning the 250R. Pleasant surprise, most of the road was repaved, except for a small section, and not once did I let out a minor groan of distress.

Not saying this is a reason to upgrade, but just another reason I love this bike. Despite all the hype around the 2013 ZX6R going back to 636 with electronics, and the new 300 ninja, I don't feel the need to want anything more..... for now.

austexjg
October 10th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Well, tomorrow makes 365 happy days with the ZX-6R. The only regret is not making more time for the track - where the bike really belongs. I am planning on an oil change and spark plug change in the next couple of weeks as an "anniversary" gift for the bike.

Every ride makes me smile and I still cannot stop an internal giggle every time I see it in the garage (even under the cover). While I do miss the 250R, the ZX6R definately fills the "void". And despite the '13 ZX-6R looking great, I have no immediate plans/thoughts of trading in the '09 - just riding it like an IOM TT winner.