View Full Version : One SW-Motech Alu-Rack + 1 Coocase =

Numbersix
July 29th, 2012, 03:55 PM
... the start of a sport-touring Ninjette.

http://www.wereratgames.com/pics/ninja_coocase1.JPG

http://www.wereratgames.com/pics/ninja_coocase2.JPG

http://www.wereratgames.com/pics/ninja_coocase3.JPG

I bought but didn't use the specialized SW-Motech Coocase adapter (still in its shrinkwrap). I liked the position of the universal Coocase mount. Hopefully my test passenger won't end up changing my mind.

Love the Coocase already; enough space, nicely locking with remote control, running and brake lights.

seanshawnS
July 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM
What other upgrades are you planning to make her more sport-touring capable?

It's definitely the "start" else it would be a lot dirtier ;)

Jiggles
July 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Let's see still need side cases, new seats, heated grips, sport touring windshield, maybe some frame sliders, I liked to stretch my legs out and rest them on the sliders, GPS, got a clock on there? You should probably get a clock. Definitely some BT45 tires, oh and a cup holder. ****in love cup holders.

cuong-nutz
July 29th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Next mod would have to be the ST windscreen----zgoutlet.com or ebay. I got mine off ebay for awesome price. A corbin seat is nice or have yours redone. There's a guy on ebay that does custom seats and have had many great reviews. The stock seat forces you to slide towards the tank which I hate since I'm always have to scoot back. Don't forget to adjust your preload accordingly for the rear shock.

And all the things mentioned by Jiggles too. For a cupholder, you can make an adapter to and mount it using the stock handle bar bolts for a two cup holder. I've seen this done on a k6 Gsxr 1k. He uses a thermal cup and doesn't spill.

Jiggles
July 29th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Modular helmet + cup holder = awesomeness

Numbersix
July 29th, 2012, 06:55 PM
CN called it; ZG light smoke sport touring sceen is next up. That's probably it for this year.

A seat would be a luxury ... I've learned not to wear my cup to karate but after that lesson no hurry on a seat.

Cup holders are right out. Not even sure they should be encouraged in cars :)

Jiggles
July 29th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Cup holders are the ****! Hit a nice long stop light kick it in neutral life up your helmet and take a nice refreshing swig. I have no clue where to mount it on my 1000 though D:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/005c9c37.jpg

Numbersix
August 6th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Update: The (scratch and dent) Coocase had its 1 and 3 wires backwards so the remote's unlock button locked the case and vice versa. Not too hard to fix after a call to the helpful guys at TT.

Also: pillion rider says no issues with the forward position of the Coocase universal mount. 37 liters just (just!) holds a size L helmet and her riding jacket.

Gotta see if the insurance will give me a discount for having an alarm. I've tested it; even trying to sit on the bike sets if off (good!)

Old Guy on a '08
September 9th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Modular helmet + cup holder = awesomeness

Even better than a cup holder is a hydration pack.... Camelback or whatever

:thumbup:

Jiggles
September 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Like I would defile my monster or beer by putting it in a hydration pack. For shame

adouglas
September 10th, 2012, 05:17 AM
ST farkles + heavy luggage + contents thereof + passenger = lots and lots of weight.

Let us know how it performs… or rather, doesn't.

I think the 250 has adequate power as-is, even with gear for a one-person trip (I did it -- a 2500 mile road trip, no complaints). With all that extra stuff… not so sure.

Numbersix
February 15th, 2013, 11:02 PM
ST farkles + heavy luggage + contents thereof + passenger = lots and lots of weight.

Let us know how it performs… or rather, doesn't.

I think the 250 has adequate power as-is, even with gear for a one-person trip (I did it -- a 2500 mile road trip, no complaints). With all that extra stuff… not so sure.

I don't yet do a lot of long trips. It has successfully carried me + passenger + Coocase full of heavy books and a tablet across town; just have to wring the gears out whereas alone I tend to short-shift for mpg (by which I mean; anything under the point where the rpm/torque curve heads downward, around 10k stock, is short-shifting.)

I didn't buy a case thinking I'd carve canyons (if anyone finds a canyon in MI, let me know) with a fully-laden bike.

Q: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen 2012 Ninjette? What, do you mean the American (carbs) or European (EFI) Ninjette? I don't know ***aaaaa, falls into the Pit of Eternal Peril ***

mlj2093
March 6th, 2013, 11:17 AM
A cup holder is definitely a necessity.

Numbersix
May 22nd, 2013, 05:16 PM
(edit: unquoted myself as Alex fixed the links. Thanks!)

Can't find the edit? Oh well, quoting myself to fix dead links to a domain I relinquished.

krolinked
May 22nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
Q: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen 2012 Ninjette? What, do you mean the American (carbs) or European (EFI) Ninjette? I don't know ***aaaaa, falls into the Pit of Eternal Peril ***

Monthy Python!

Alex
May 24th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I fixed the pics in the first post. :thumbup:

headshrink
June 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Got mine all setup this weekend, and I REALLY like it. One problem... I want the bigger case. I'm not putting my V37 Wizard case up for sale YET, but if anyone is interested let me know.

Side note: They list the wrong backrest on their website.... so I'll have to get that settled this week, but no biggie.

Numbersix
June 20th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Got mine all setup this weekend, and I REALLY like it. One problem... I want the bigger case. I'm not putting my V37 Wizard case up for sale YET, but if anyone is interested let me know.

Side note: They list the wrong backrest on their website.... so I'll have to get that settled this week, but no biggie.

Makes sense. A year in, I've occasionally run into situations where I wish I'd gotten the 50 liter case. Still, I got a good buy on a scratch/dent case (the only scratch is on the lid that can be replaced at will).

A tip: the lining is nice on the case for preventing damage to fragile things, but it takes up more volume than I expected. I commonly remove it to fit a few extra things.