View Full Version : Heads up: NOS Givi headlight protectors available on eBay

CZroe
July 31st, 2012, 06:45 AM
I just noticed a UK eBay seller with new-old stock clear Givi headlight protectors for the pregen. These might be useful for making a custom headlight shape too. I'm considering ordering a couple to experiment on because the price is right (under $8).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-ZZR250-EX250-H1-HEADLAMP-HEADLIGHT-PROTECTOR-COVER-/251114625364?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a77991954

7oxSin
July 31st, 2012, 07:37 PM
cant wait to see some of the things u try, i always had an idea about using vinyl to change the shape of the headlight but that seems like it would be a better idea.

choneofakind
July 31st, 2012, 07:43 PM
I will be changing mine with black vinyl because I have an hid kit on the way (to lower electrical load so my efi is happy because my battery is tiny and I want more light anyways.) and I don't want to blind people. I will attempt a cool/quirky looking headlight shape that is functional at cutting scatter. I'll post up to show you what I come up with. Like this option, vinyl is very cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device

CZroe
July 31st, 2012, 07:51 PM
cant wait to see some of the things u try, i always had an idea about using vinyl to change the shape of the headlight but that seems like it would be a better idea.
Thanks. I hope not to disappoint!

I will be changing mine with black vinyl because I have an hid kit on the way (to lower electrical load so my efi is happy because my battery is tiny and I want more light anyways.) and I don't want to blind people. I will attempt a cool/quirky looking headlight shape that is functional at cutting scatter. I'll post up to show you what I come up with. Like this option, vinyl is very cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device
Won't the lens get too hot for vinyl? I'm using colored headlight mesh with a custom-cut fairing (ordered one with the headlight completely covered). The headlight design will extend beyond the edges of the lens and onto the painted fairing.

choneofakind
July 31st, 2012, 08:05 PM
Dunno, I guess I'll find out! :p

Its a 35w setup though, so maybe that should help with the heat in comparison to a 55w halogen? I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Posted via Mobile Device