View Full Version : motorcycle cargo net 3$

7oxSin
August 1st, 2012, 03:00 PM
title says it all, you cant afford not to pick one up even if you already have one. at harbor freight they have their motorcycle cargo nets on sale for 3$ just picked me up one and got a free flash light with it.

here is a pic of the net.
http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_20673.jpg

the last one i got from harbor freight lasted almost 4 years untill i kicked it and my lunch box off my bike :( have fun ninjas!

Lychee
August 1st, 2012, 04:12 PM
Sweet. I am in the market- thanks for the tip! Hopefully they have them at the local harbor freight.

alex.s
August 1st, 2012, 04:34 PM
i had one. it sucked.

7oxSin
August 1st, 2012, 05:08 PM
i had one. it sucked.

what sucked about it? i never had any problems out of my first one.

Panda
August 1st, 2012, 09:34 PM
I had one. First day I had it was on the highway heard a loud pop, no idea what is was,looked around, looked down, checked to see if I was on fire, didn't see anything, so kept going.

45 minutes later, got home, turned around, hey where's my new cargo net....looked some more and it was all tangled up in the brake assembly and wrapped around the wheel.

It was an unawesome moment. Maybe the clip snapped, maybe bungee cord complexity exceeds my innate engineering ability, maybe it was just a defective cargo net. Who knows, if I have to carry stuff now i'll throw it in a backpack.

Mr Eyebrowz
August 2nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Sweet thanks for the heads up... I just went to my local harbor freight to pick one up... This should last me until I get enough money for my tail bag.

Lychee
August 2nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
hmm... buzz kill. Maybe I should keep looking for the perfect tail bag and continue to use my jacket to hold my sandwich for now.

7oxSin
August 2nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
hmm... buzz kill. Maybe I should keep looking for the perfect tail bag and continue to use my jacket to hold my sandwich for now.

as i said before i used this net for 3-4 years and never had a problem. 3$ is 3$ better then paying 20 from some internet company for the same net that has been re packaged. to each his own tho.

CZroe
August 2nd, 2012, 02:21 PM
as i said before i used this net for 3-4 years and never had a problem. 3$ is 3$ better then paying 20 from some internet company for the same net that has been re packaged. to each his own tho.

Not unless they changed something. Either that, or you and I have a different definition of "problem." ;)

Personally, I would describe it having rubber tips that come off instead of rubber-coated hooks as "a serious problem" for our intended use because you lose one or two almost every time you use it and it WILL scratch your bike without them.

7oxSin
August 3rd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Not unless they changed something. Either that, or you and I have a different definition of "problem." ;)

Personally, I would describe it having rubber tips that come off instead of rubber-coated hooks as "a serious problem" for our intended use because you lose one or two almost every time you use it and it WILL scratch your bike without them.

never had that problem because i taped mine up the first day. never thought about it, sorry.

BlackNinja8
August 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Bought one month's ago it sucked. If you've never owned a good one then these may be passable since you won't know how much $hit you would be able to carry had you spend the extra $11. Mine lost half its elasticity the first time I used it and it unties itself further each time I use it for light loads like shirts hats etc.

But for $3 any use it gives you is good I guess. Don't mean to dump on the OP.

Lychee
August 20th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Despite the rumors, I bought it anyway and have used it twice to bring back lunch and leftovers. Works for me so far...

7oxSin
August 21st, 2012, 06:41 PM
Despite the rumors, I bought it anyway and have used it twice to bring back lunch and leftovers. Works for me so far...

glad it helped!!! haters gunna hate

http://www.discourse.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/haters-gonna-hate-smoking-bike-slide.jpg