View Full Version : Motorcycle + Golf Clubs? Yes Please!

BlackNinja8
August 3rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
Normally I'm drinking beer when I'm playing but since this was any early morning round, and only coffee was on the menu I took the bike. Some funny looks from the old farts but mostly thumbs up.

I bought 2 extra carry bags to use when I'm riding. One holds the clubs securely and mounts easily to any fixed point on the bike. The other is a small cart bag that holds all my clubs during the round. Shoes, gloves, balls go in the topcase.

I've seen some fancy attachable golf club carriers but they seem to only fit cruisers. This set up worked okay, but I was only able to carry 10 clubs. I wonder if any of you guys who golf have a better set up I can try.

ai4px
August 3rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
I kinda pictured putting the bottom of your golf bag on the passenger foot peg and lashing it to the bike with a slight lean back. It'd be a lot narrower that way.

So did you trade your blue balls for little white ones?

folky15
August 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Perhaps you can convince the golf course to allow you to just use your bike instead of a golf cart?!?

BlackNinja8
August 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
I kinda pictured putting the bottom of your golf bag on the passenger foot peg and lashing it to the bike with a slight lean back. It'd be a lot narrower that way.

So did you trade your blue balls for little white ones?

Nope blue balls cured on the way there. Now im dealing with a different kind of frustration after a horrible round of golf!

BlackNinja8
August 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Actually you might be onto something. If i replaced one of the pegs with something flatter with more surface area that could be pretty solid. Hmmm....

ai4px
August 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
cut a circle out of plywood and use a u bolt to attach it to foot peg. You'd need some sort of bar sticking out the side to hold the bag vertical... maybe something bolted on your side case mount??

BlackNinja8
August 3rd, 2012, 03:08 PM
cut a circle out of plywood and use a u bolt to attach it to foot peg. You'd need some sort of bar sticking out the side to hold the bag vertical... maybe something bolted on your side case mount??

Good thinking i could then attach a pole or perpendicular to the ply and run straps from it or just use bungees. Id have to fix it to my topcase mount or underseat for stability...Im gonna give it a shot thanks for the idea.

BlackNinja8
February 12th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Finished the bulk of my winter projects on the bike and I'm ready do give this a shot. I just weight my golf bag and I can strip it down to 16lbs. The bulk of the weight will be on the swingarm spool and I may be able to angle it back a few degrees to maybe reduce the load by 10%. Mounting points will be the spool 90% and my topcase rack 10%. Anyone think this will be a problem for the bike's handling?

Maybe a question for those with saddlebags. If you load 20lbs in only one of your bags does it affect handling? Also, do you see any issue with lean angle? Picture a 5" protrusion about an inch higher than the spool.

CC Cowboy
February 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
When I ride I only take my driver and a couple balls.

When I golf I take the car.

BlackNinja8
February 12th, 2013, 05:18 PM

oh, I see what you did just there. Consider that phrase stolen, even though it doesn't fit.

ai4px
February 12th, 2013, 05:25 PM

I gotta admit, it took me a second to get it.... still grinning though.

vman1313
February 12th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I too am a golfer and rider. I have been trying to figure out a way to enjoy both. Here are some pics I have found and a goofy video. I am mostly interested in copying one of the designs to build on my own bike. Safe riding and hitem straight!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc8Vmnu3O2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5lmY7pEMVU

BlackNinja8
February 12th, 2013, 06:20 PM
I too am a golfer and rider. I have been trying to figure out a way to enjoy both. Here are some pics I have found and a goofy video. I am mostly interested in copying one of the designs to build on my own bike. Safe riding and hitem straight!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc8Vmnu3O2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5lmY7pEMVU

My setup would be essentially be the same as the blu bike with the blue callaway bag. I would skip the rack and screw a platform into the swingarm to support the weight and then use my topcase rack to attach a U-bracket to cradle the top portion. The base would have a 3" crown or lip to keep the bottom of the bag from sliding and the bracket at the top would keep it from moving side to side. From there I may just bungee the top in place. It would be pretty stable without the straps I think.

alex.s
February 12th, 2013, 06:23 PM
every day a guy on a harley superglide wearing a hawaiian shirt, sandals, shorts, and a novelty helmet drives with his golf bag strapped to the back to the golf course next to my house, plays half a row and goes home.

completely ridiculous.