View Full Version : new from ocmoto

keyvan
December 23rd, 2008, 01:33 AM
hey all,
i just got my new red 09 ninja 250r on the 14th of december. I upgraded from an 88 kawi eliminator 250. the ninja has been such a fun bike to ride. i'm working on installing a computer system on my bike complete with a 7" lcd touchscreen (in the place of the gauges) with virtual on-screen gauges, navigation system, and some of the other less important but flashy stuff you can do with a computer. i'll keep you posted.

all i've done so far to my bike is a rear fender chop with the dremel tool.

here's a couple pics of my bike the day after i bought it:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/NORM40/ToyRide2008/PC140023.jpg

Toy Ride:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/NORM40/ToyRide2008/PC140066.jpg

I have a better jacket now :P Red/black Dainese arizona.

Does anyone else consider riding a form of meditation?

kkim
December 23rd, 2008, 01:45 AM
Welcome to the forum, Keyvan.

computer screen sounds ambitious... def keep us posted.

If you need some DIYs to keep you busy, check out the DIYs in the new gen tech forum.

When set up and ridden properly, you should feel as one with the bike. It should act as an extension of your body that responds to your every thought input.... is that zen enough for you? That is the essence of riding.... well, it is for me. :D

aloha
:)

keyvan
December 23rd, 2008, 02:17 AM
When set up and ridden properly, you should feel as one with the bike. It should act as an extension of your body that responds to your every thought input.... That is the essence of riding....

That, my friend, is beautiful and you just made my day.

as far as the computer project, it's not really so difficult--my only obstacle is the gauge conversion, the rest has been well documented for anyone who's interested at mp3car.com, really great forum there. building a computer system into my miata a few years back was a lot of practice :D the pics are the two different dashboard fabrication versions i made. the computer itself is simple enough for computer geeks like me. :P

kkim
December 23rd, 2008, 02:20 AM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9428

Ananda
January 4th, 2009, 01:58 AM
go computer geeks! carputers are cool, but on a bike? very interesting idea. i got excited to see the new ninjas have a gas gauge...

keyvan did u take that pic in OC and recently? i lived up there not too long ago, awesome to think there are ride outs that big going on

and riding a motorcycle is DEFINITELY meditative :thumbup:

Alex
January 4th, 2009, 02:28 AM
:welcome:

BlueTyke
January 4th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Welcome!

I find Riding most relaxing... as my sig says... Curves are the cherries on my Sunday ride :)

noche_caliente
January 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
welcome!

keyvan
January 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM
go computer geeks! carputers are cool, but on a bike? very interesting idea. i got excited to see the new ninjas have a gas gauge...

keyvan did u take that pic in OC and recently? i lived up there not too long ago, awesome to think there are ride outs that big going on

and riding a motorcycle is DEFINITELY meditative :thumbup:

thanks ananda, i just checked out your blog, interesting stuff.

here's the carpc i did on my miata: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-off-your-project/75994-my-black-97-mazda-miata-mx-5-carpc.html#post812454

i love the fact that it has a gas gauge too but reading the trip meter wasn't too hard on my old bike.

yeah that pic was in OC, at angel's stadium in anaheim for the Toy Ride. You can hear all about these events at OCMOTO.com. in fact yesterday we had a morning ride on the twisties followed by a bbq/get together at a member's house. most people went on ortega highway but me and 2 other people went to GMR (glendora mountain road) which is a little bit more intense and farther away up near LA.

you live pretty close--SD, you should join the site and come to some of the bigger events

Ananda
January 4th, 2009, 12:58 PM
keyvan thanks for reading! i'm new to the blog thing but the topic inspires me :)

thanks for the ocmoto tip. so many boards, so little time....

pretty sexy what u did to that miata!

leanandmean
January 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Welcome from another newbie to the forum