View Full Version : Keeping up with a 999R and a R1... or trying to at least

robmilchling
August 13th, 2012, 01:04 PM
aRkRk72kLj8

I think I did pretty well too. At least until we got to the serious uphill sections where I had it pinned and they were just pulling like freight trains away from me. The first section was the part that I knew very well, after that the road condition becomes quite poor and as we turned out of the reservoir, I had only been through these roads a few times before.

csmith12
August 13th, 2012, 01:10 PM
aRkRk72kLj8

Fixed!

akima
August 13th, 2012, 01:36 PM
That was exciting. You guys ride fast.

csmith12
August 13th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Guardrails are unforgiving.

alex.s
August 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM
i would flame you pretty hard normally. i could say lots of things, keep it on your side of the road, guy in front needs to stop riding crossup, plan out your street lines better for down the road etc etc. but honestly you probably know what everyone is going to say and honestly everyone is tired of saying it. try not to die.

Old Lemon
August 13th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Y u no invite us?

robmilchling
August 13th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I figured I'd get a little hassling for this, a few things I'd like to defend myself on though. The first part was the only part where I was really pushing it, but that's only because of how often I ride here.

As for crossing the double yellow, we only did that once, particularly to clear quite a nasty bump just inside the center line, and we only do so there once you can see all the way up through the next corner.

I will admit though, I do need to plan my lines a little better.

I knew there would be criticism, and most of my riding like this is getting saved for the track. I guess that's all I really say in my defense.

and Old Lemon, it was just a spur of the moment thing to head out. I had no idea I would run into these guys up there.

joshuajcrouch
August 14th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I am assuming that there isn't much wild life in this area (deer, possums, etc.)?

codestp202
August 14th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I wish I had some cool places like that around here

robmilchling
August 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I am assuming that there isn't much wild life in this area (deer, possums, etc.)?

In the area yes, but around those roads not really as there are some rather steep elevation changes around the reservoir and surrounding roads. Also, all around this it is highly populated. A few miles north, the land is mostly flat or with rolling hills so much more out there. The most I see on these roads is maybe a few birds and some squirrels by the water front.