View Full Version : Bath time and a photo shoot!

dmb5450
August 14th, 2012, 06:07 PM
My baby was in need of a bath, she got washed, polished, and waxed. For the time being the bike looks brand new.
http://s1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh625/Dmb5450/

Bob2010
August 14th, 2012, 06:49 PM
That paint looks amazing

dmb5450
August 14th, 2012, 07:41 PM
That paint looks amazing

Thank you! I try to keep it looking perfect.

ForceofWill
August 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
What products do you like. What did you polish with?

dmb5450
August 14th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I wash with a regular sponge. I use turtle wax ice car wash( promises not to leave water spots or discoloration, even in direct sun). Then i dry with a microfiber towel. I use turtle wax liquid ice polish with a foam applicator, then remove with a microfiber towel. Lastly, I wax with meguiars nxt tech wax. I use turtle wax interior on the black plastics where my body doesn't touch ( mirrors, gauges, around the tail light) I also use turtle wax chrome and metal polish to prevent rust and corrosion near the exhaust and heat shield.

sharky nrk
August 15th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Very nice, my black is swirled to high heaven these days. Looks like I have some compounding in my future.

azimmer11
August 15th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Very nice, my black is swirled to high heaven these days. Looks like I have some compounding in my future.

I remember those days!...then i discovered this:

http://www.turtlewax.com/detail-Black%20Box-42-55.aspx

azimmer11
August 15th, 2012, 05:38 AM
pic4proof

fatestkid
August 15th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I wash with a regular sponge. I use turtle wax ice car wash( promises not to leave water spots or discoloration, even in direct sun). Then i dry with a microfiber towel. I use turtle wax liquid ice polish with a foam applicator, then remove with a microfiber towel. Lastly, I wax with meguiars nxt tech wax. I use turtle wax interior on the black plastics where my body doesn't touch ( mirrors, gauges, around the tail light) I also use turtle wax chrome and metal polish to prevent rust and corrosion near the exhaust and heat shield.

Damn you're dedicated! Looks amazing!

dmb5450
August 15th, 2012, 05:54 AM

May I ask what wax you use?

The turtle wax liquid ice line literally goes on clear. It's like putting water one the bike. It leave no residue or swirls, even on black plastics. It goes on and off so easily. It's a it expensive, but the liquid is so thin and vicious that it doesn't take much at all. I have been using the same bottle on my car for two years, 10 uses maybe? I used it about 5 times on the bie and still have half of the bottle. The ice line is the best products I have used IMO

dmb5450
August 15th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Damn you're dedicated! Looks amazing!

Haha, thanks. My dad is the same way. I grew up with him teaching me how to clean cars. Honestly even if you only do those steps once in a while, it doesn't take long. The ninja is small, it only takes about 2-3 hours, much faster than a car and well worth the time and protection from the elements.

sharky nrk
August 15th, 2012, 09:05 AM
May I ask what wax you use?

The turtle wax liquid ice line literally goes on clear. It's like putting water one the bike. It leave no residue or swirls, even on black plastics. It goes on and off so easily. It's a it expensive, but the liquid is so thin and vicious that it doesn't take much at all. I have been using the same bottle on my car for two years, 10 uses maybe? I used it about 5 times on the bie and still have half of the bottle. The ice line is the best products I have used IMO

I use Collinite 845 and it would have to be pryed from my cold dead hands before I give it up lol. I really do enjoy the results. I think the bike had most of the swirls prior to me purchasing it as I am quite good about washing technique (foaming gun, double bucket with grit guards, etc)

sharky nrk
August 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/289935_4187859293628_1343434986_o.jpg

sharky nrk
August 15th, 2012, 09:14 AM
^^ love it

Baddog
August 15th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Some great pics.

dmb5450
August 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/289935_4187859293628_1343434986_o.jpg

I love the mirror finish, it's amazing what a few hours of work can do to a bike.

Kipawa
August 18th, 2012, 02:26 PM

Donnie, thanks for the great advice! :thumbup: Blue was more dirty than normal due to being caught in the rain on Wednesday and knowing I was going to clean her up this afternoon, I stoped this morning and got the Turtlewax Ice Wax. WOW :eek: Everything I polished up on her with this after the bath just popped! I even did my windscreen and mirrors (glass side) and they sparkle! Called my retired neighbour over who always meticulously cleans and waxes his cars (has lots of time :rolleyes:) and he was very impressed wanted to know what I had used! Can't wait to use on my car! It is more expensive but doesn't take much and I liked you could do in the sunlight and wipe off after just a minute! Made it a quicker job! Also that it can be used on all plastics and glass made life simplier! Can't wait to use on my car! Pictures just off my iphone so may not be the best but trust me it is great stuff!

dmb5450
August 18th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Donnie, thanks for the great advice! :thumbup: Blue was more dirty than normal due to being caught in the rain on Wednesday and knowing I was going to clean her up this afternoon, I stoped this morning and got the Turtlewax Ice Wax. WOW :eek: Everything I polished up on her with this after the bath just popped! I even did my windscreen and mirrors (glass side) and they sparkle! Called my retired neighbour over who always meticulously cleans and waxes his cars (has lots of time :rolleyes:) and he was very impressed wanted to know what I had used! Can't wait to use on my car! It is more expensive but doesn't take much and I liked you could do in the sunlight and wipe off after just a minute! Made it a quicker job! Also that it can be used on all plastics and glass made life simplier! Can't wait to use on my car! Pictures just off my iphone so may not be the best but trust me it is great stuff!

I am very glad I was able to give someone sone good advice. I was a bit skeptical by turtle wax's claims when the product first came out. I saw it in the store and thought it was a bit expensive to try. I actually saw the entire ice line on an infomercial when it first came out. The entire line with a sweet carrying case was only 30 dollars. BUT WAIT! If I called in the next 10 minutes they doubled my order. I got like 10 products about 5 applicators and microfiber towels in a case for 30 bucks! First and only infomercial I ever bought from. I love how it can be used on almost the entire car. Like you mentioned, it takes less product and comes off like your drying water off the surface. I really love the entire ice product line. I am glad you thought it was just as great.

Bushido
August 27th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I wish I could have the time & a private area I could do a full wash on my bike. The cleaned bikes on this thread are very impressive.

csmith12
August 27th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Cool pics in this thread. But I confess myself disappointed after seeing the thread title. :hitself:

dmb5450
August 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Cool pics in this thread. But I confess myself disappointed after seeing the thread title. :hitself:

Haha I'm sorry for any deception I caused you:D

jmotocross1
September 19th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Nice bike