View Full Version : Ladies, please advise!

rockinredhead17
August 21st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hey everyone... just a quick question regarding riding gear - looking for some pictures/opinions!

I currently have one jacket, which is a Speed and Strength "little miss dangerous" textile jacket. It's a great jacket... I love the look of it. It fits fairly well.

However, the boyfriend and I went out for a late ride last Friday night, and it was a little nippy coming back. Our evening temperatures have been dropping to about 10 degrees celcius (we've had a pretty hot summer consisting of mostly 30+ degrees celcius). I found myself shivering for a bit of the way home. I had a hoodie+tank top underneath my coat, and a pair of jeans on.

Looking to get myself some gear more suitable for the falling temperatures. Does anyone own any Teknic jackets or pants?

I am loving this combo... though I look nothing like this girl in the ad lol

http://images3.revzilla.com/product_images/0004/3609/Teknic_Vogue_Leather_Jacket_Black_zoom.jpg

Any gear related reviews appreciated! Thanks!

Alex
August 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM
Look into some heated gear.

*end thread* :)

Seriously, once you run heated gear in even moderately cold weather, you'll never go back. A great brand is Gerbing, but there are others.

Kygirl
August 21st, 2012, 06:16 PM
Like Alex says heated gear is AWESOME. However, I haven't bothered to purchase heated gear or adapt my ninja for its use yet. The gear in my profile pic is what I ride in during the winter. It's a brand called Rukka (google rukka motosport) While it's not very flattering( I look like a short fat lil dude wearing it) it is very comfortable and I ride 100+ miles with temperatures below freezing wearing it. Flurries aren't really an issue with this gear. For cool fall weather I ride with an aerostich brand roadcrafter suit or any non-perforated leather jacket with a hoodie underneath.

As far as the Teknic brand goes, I have a pair of full-gauntlet Teknic brand gloves which I love, but I've never tried a teknic jacket/pants combo

The teknic gear in your picture above would probably allow me to ride comfortably through October here in Kentucky, but you might want something a little warmer since you're in Canada if you plan on riding through fall.

Then again, I'm used to southern weather and a bit of a wimp in the cold. lol.

Jiggles
August 21st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Heated grips :thumbup: Which reminds me I gotta go install mine

rockinredhead17
August 21st, 2012, 07:05 PM
Heated grips :thumbup: Which reminds me I gotta go install mine

Ooooh... great idea. Definitely adding that to the list!

rockinredhead17
August 21st, 2012, 07:07 PM
Like Alex says heated gear is AWESOME. However, I haven't bothered to purchase heated gear or adapt my ninja for its use yet. The gear in my profile pic is what I ride in during the winter. It's a brand called Rukka (google rukka motosport) While it's not very flattering( I look like a short fat lil dude wearing it) it is very comfortable and I ride 100+ miles with temperatures below freezing wearing it. Flurries aren't really an issue with this gear. For cool fall weather I ride with an aerostich brand roadcrafter suit or any non-perforated leather jacket with a hoodie underneath.

As far as the Teknic brand goes, I have a pair of full-gauntlet Teknic brand gloves which I love, but I've never tried a teknic jacket/pants combo

The teknic gear in your picture above would probably allow me to ride comfortably through October here in Kentucky, but you might want something a little warmer since you're in Canada if you plan on riding through fall.

Then again, I'm used to southern weather and a bit of a wimp in the cold. lol.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely look into the manufacturer that you've provided. To be honest, my wimp status might escalate for my first fall season on a bike... we shall see! My boyfriend wears an Alpinestars leather jacket, normally with a turtle neck + sweater underneath during the spring/fall riding and seems to be fine. It's his lower half that he needs to spend some money on for warmth purposes.

rockinredhead17
August 21st, 2012, 07:08 PM
Look into some heated gear.

*end thread* :)

Seriously, once you run heated gear in even moderately cold weather, you'll never go back. A great brand is Gerbing, but there are others.

Thanks very much. I knew there was heated gear, but haven't done much searching... that is going to change very soon! :)

seanshawnS
August 21st, 2012, 07:55 PM
http://gearchic.com/geardirectory/#heated

CC Cowboy
August 22nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hey everyone... just a quick question regarding riding gear - looking for some pictures/opinions!

I currently have one jacket, which is a Speed and Strength "little miss dangerous" textile jacket. It's a great jacket... I love the look of it. It fits fairly well.

However, the boyfriend and I went out for a late ride last Friday night, and it was a little nippy coming back. Our evening temperatures have been dropping to about 10 degrees celcius (we've had a pretty hot summer consisting of mostly 30+ degrees celcius). I found myself shivering for a bit of the way home. I had a hoodie+tank top underneath my coat, and a pair of jeans on.

Looking to get myself some gear more suitable for the falling temperatures. Does anyone own any Teknic jackets or pants?

I am loving this combo... though I look nothing like this girl in the ad lol

Any gear related reviews appreciated! Thanks!

I like that "nippy" look!