View Full Version : Amazing weather....

noche_caliente
December 27th, 2008, 01:19 PM
We have one of those great, rare winter days where it's 65* and partly sunny outside, yet I'm not out riding.... :confused:
I don't get it. As much as I've been waiting for a great chance to get out, I'm just not feeling it today... :eek:
I don't know if it's post-holiday blahs, or if I'm just too tired, or what, but I don't really want to go out today....

I think part of it is that there are some pretty threatening-looking clouds about, and a crane from one of the construction sites was kind enough to cover the road out of my neighborhood with base-ball sized mud clumps... I don't care to get the bike filthy and/or broken trying to dodge them on the slippery mud-coated road.... :(

Stupid contractors - making a great day that much worse :(

CRXTrek
December 27th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Sad to hear you couldn't enjoy the weather break.
I got out for the 1st time in Dec. today.
Snow melted off, but i still had major cleaning to do after the ride

g21-30
December 27th, 2008, 03:06 PM
It was in the high 50s here today. I went out this morning and afternoon. Supposed to be rainy and in the 60s tomorrow.

noche_caliente, You will feel much better by going for a ride!!!!:)

NJD022588
December 28th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Maybe because you just cant stand to leave my bike in your garage while youre out on yours. Wish I could be there to ride!

My thermometer said it was over 60 today so I did some much needed car cleaning.. wash, wax, touch-ups, full interior detail. I guess there's something good that comes out of being away from the bike.

Sailariel
December 28th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Two days before Christmas we were blessed with a snowstorm that dumped 20" of snow with 50mph winds. The past three days have been in the 40`s, and today we will hit 60. The fog is really thick. So far the weather has been bizzare.

toku
December 28th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Even with the warmer weather being here for a day or two if you decide to go out you still need to be mindful of all the gravel and salt that was put down while it was colder, that stuff takes several good downpours to wash away.

Sailariel
December 28th, 2008, 08:25 AM
That`s for sure. Last year I slipped on some salt/sand with my bicycle and bashed my kneecap. Took almost three months to heal

toku
December 28th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I've done similar stuff on dirt bikes in real loose dirt, that never feels good. In my opinion the gravel is one of the worst parts about winter, when spring finally arrives and you're ready to tear it up you find yourself creeping by because every turn is covered with it. Couple years ago me and a few buddies took an early spring ride, one wicked turn was completely covered in gravel and took 3 guys out. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if gravel was one of the major causes of accidents during early spring.