View Full Version : Anybody jump their sportbike?

Cling
December 28th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Its not the 250 yet, but this is my 1000rr, I found this hump behind some buildings under construction and decided to try and jump it, get a good bit of air! Cant wait to try it on the 250r! Isle Of Man eat your heart out!
*Note where the shadow is to get an idea of air*

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/EuroKent/jump1.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/EuroKent/jump2.jpg

Alex
December 28th, 2008, 05:03 PM
The flying part's easy. It's the landing part that we need to be concerned about. :D Nice pics...

kkim
December 28th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Hope you have some experience jumping a dirt bike. I can see things going very wrong, very quickly if you don't know what to expect or get just a wee bit out of shape. With the weight of street bikes, it will be hard to correct once something goes wrong.

Have fun. :D

Cling
December 28th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Hope you have some experience jumping a dirt bike. I can see things going very wrong, very quickly if you don't know what to expect or get just a wee bit out of shape. With the weight of street bikes, it will be hard to correct once something goes wrong.

Have fun. :D

Yeah I hear ya, and yeah I have a Suzuki RM250 :thumbup:. I am training for the Isle Of Man jump! :cool:
http://pix.crash.net/large/279353.jpg

kkim
December 28th, 2008, 06:34 PM
cool... jump away then! :D

I see you're smart enough to be fully suited up while playing, so I know you are fully aware for what could be in store for you.

only one thing left to say.... VIDEO!!
:woot2:

Viper-Byte
December 29th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Nice jumps, I on the other hand, will not be attempting anything like that for a while! (only been riding 2 wheeled motorcycle for 5 months) Ha ha ha :D

Alex
December 29th, 2008, 02:13 AM
(only been riding 2 wheeled motorcycle for 5 months)

And how long have you been riding motorcycles with other than 2 wheels? :)

Viper-Byte
December 29th, 2008, 02:21 AM
And how long have you been riding motorcycles with other than 2 wheels? :) I have been riding quads casually (in school holidays and on some week ends) since I was about 6 and at 8 I got my first quad, Ahh, I remember the day :D

Though I have done a fair amount of mountain biking since 14 (I am 20 now) though that has been killed due to an injury to my right arm in November last year :(

Alex
December 29th, 2008, 02:25 AM
...due to an injury to my right arm in November last year :(

Heal up fast! Still nursing an ankle injury myself from a track accident a few years back.

Viper-Byte
December 29th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Heal up fast! Still nursing an ankle injury myself from a track accident a few years back. Thanks, though the doctors have said this will only get worse over time :( (artiritis in my wrist due to fracturing the joint in 4 places (not to mention the 2 breaks on the arm bones requiring metal work :eek: )

Oh, I hope you heel up soon. We humans need to be able to heal faster! :D

Broom
December 29th, 2008, 10:40 AM
i use to have a couple of spots around town that'd i'd jump on my 600 all the time. probably didn't get as high as you are, but still fun every now and then :D

Cling
December 29th, 2008, 07:53 PM
And if any of you were wondering how I prevent my forks from blowing, here is how I usually land. I ride the wheelie down nice and easy.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/EuroKent/jump3.jpg

NJD022588
December 31st, 2008, 02:55 AM
Haha, thats crazy! Cool pics though! :thumbup:

No jumping on my bike, but I did accidentally jump my car once. :eek:

Syphen
December 31st, 2008, 03:54 PM
Pretty sweet shots. I've never intentionally jumped a bike. I was riding with a few buddies on an long long straight road. I was on my old 600 and hit a small bridge that ran across a farmers irrigation ditch. Apparently my bike was damn near 2 feet off the ground. It felt like I never left the ground. I just thought the lip of the bridge was a little rough. Must have been going close to 200km/h when it happened. Thankfully I was fine and no damage to the bike that I know off.

G250RSC
December 31st, 2008, 08:51 PM
That's crazy...AWSOME! The only bikes I jump where my motorcross bikes back in the day. Have not gotten that venturous on a sportbike.

ROCKNROLLA
January 12th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I've gone over a few speed humps but thats as close as I've gotten ;)

g21-30
January 21st, 2009, 09:18 AM
Watch this fellow jumping a sportbike:

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/6/Painful-Nutshot-Jumping-Over-Motorcycle-512685.html

Nemy
January 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM
Watch this fellow jumping a sportbike:

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/6/Painful-Nutshot-Jumping-Over-Motorcycle-512685.html

squid! lol atleast he wore a helmet...

g21-30
January 21st, 2009, 10:29 AM
I have been looking for a picture of someone "jumping" over a bike like a hurdle. That is the "only" way I would ever think about jumping my bike. The possibility of tank slap has made a believer out of me! :D

shporsche
January 26th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I had a small jump last week.
I was coming around a corner in race mode (in the street:nono:) with a median strip in the middle of the road, I could see I wasnt going to make it through the corner without going over the strip. So I pulled up the bike strait and held on! launched over the median strip landed on the opposite side of the road and stomped on the brakes. I didnt drop the bike and there was no damage, but wow wont do that again!!!!

MrTiddles
February 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I had a small jump last week.
I was coming around a corner in race mode (in the street:nono:) with a median strip in the middle of the road, I could see I wasnt going to make it through the corner without going over the strip. So I pulled up the bike strait and held on! launched over the median strip landed on the opposite side of the road and stomped on the brakes. I didnt drop the bike and there was no damage, but wow wont do that again!!!!

lol...lucky man.

Stay alive. :-)

tinng321
April 17th, 2009, 09:57 AM
sport bikes are not meant for jumping. if really want to jump why not get a dirt bike. isn't this child abuse? i'll call the CDC on ya...:D:D

Cling
April 17th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I have this for jumping now! :P
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/EuroKent/HorseShow1of6.jpg

Broom
April 17th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Ohhhhhh.... thats hot.

i've been desperately trying to avoid thinking about 690smr and the like. i have a dual sport, but i'm really craving a proper motard. trying to do a trip to south africa this fall instead of buying another motorcycle... sure it hard.

1hardryder4life
April 17th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Ive had to do this a few times recently. I know you should connect the red cables straight to each battery but do you think the black cable should attach to the frame to ground it instead of straight to the negative on the battery? this is using a truck to the bike.

miks
April 17th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Thats one nice looking bike Jesse!

nmd003
April 18th, 2009, 09:23 PM
sport bikes are not meant for jumping. if really want to jump why not get a dirt bike. isn't this child abuse? i'll call the CDC on ya...:D:D

the Center for Disease Control?? Is his sportbike-jumping contagious? lol
i think the acronym for Child Protective Services is probably CPS :D

miks
April 18th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Contagious?! Better go get vaccinated!

Kevin2109
April 30th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Bringing a thread back from the dead, anyone else do this? Its so much fun!! :D

cuong-nutz
April 30th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I did this on the 250 and blew the headlight bulb on the landing a while back hence the lightbulb thread I posted.:)

CZroe
April 30th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Bringing a thread back from the dead, anyone else do this? Its so much fun!! :D

Yes, I've brought many threads back from the dead. It *IS* fun. :D

Oh, you meant anyone else jumping their sportbike. Carry on.

choneofakind
April 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM
yes. I've done it a few times over humps at traffic lights. There's one coming out of the valley that if you time it just right in third gear with the light, coming up the last hill, you can launch off the crest and table-top the majority of the intersection. Best part is, the crest is perfect so that there is a nice smooth landing zone that is angled downwards and the landing is not a huge impact, but a clean landing. Only have to be moving about 65 or so... ;)

loz944
May 1st, 2012, 02:55 PM
Ive had to do this a few times recently. I know you should connect the red cables straight to each battery but do you think the black cable should attach to the frame to ground it instead of straight to the negative on the battery? this is using a truck to the bike.

Not sure what this has got to do with the OP thread but yes the owners manual clearly states do not connect the black to the negative but to a good ground on the frame.

choneofakind
May 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM
Dude you quoted a post made in 2009 by a poster who is no longer active and has a total of 93 posts.

massacremasses
May 1st, 2012, 03:16 PM
Dude you quoted a post made in 2009 by a poster who is no longer active and has a total of 93 posts.

haahahahaha

choneofakind
May 1st, 2012, 03:23 PM
justin I f***king love your avatar. That's the best picture of you on your fbook hahaha

I have the strongest urge to creep and like it on fbook

CZroe
May 1st, 2012, 03:40 PM
The content of the reply is good for public record.

Jono
May 2nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Mmmmhm I am gonna have to try this. :D