View Full Version : Ninja 2013 release event in Times Square NYC! - September 13

Maielstrom
August 27th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Not sure if anyone else has seen this yet, but Kawasaki is having a release event in NYC on Sept 13th!

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/media/kawasaki-will-take-over-times-square-2013-ninja-debut

Alex
August 27th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Good find! Looks like the rumors will be confirmed or squashed in about 2 weeks. :thumbup:

/moved to local events

cerberusrex25
August 28th, 2012, 04:45 AM
What is the use, we get boned again and get a carburated bike. Why can't we get FI and ABS in America? Hope they at least decide to make them optional for the US market.

nycsteve
August 28th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I think I'm going to be sick that day lol

Brooklyn
August 28th, 2012, 08:00 AM
lol

Panda
August 28th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Steve let me know if you are sick that day. I might be sick that day as well.

gt_turbo
August 28th, 2012, 09:59 AM
wish i lived closer... :(

lgk
August 28th, 2012, 10:34 AM
What is the use, we get boned again and get a carburated bike. Why can't we get FI and ABS in America? Hope they at least decide to make them optional for the US market.

we will be getting it this time, if only to compete against the CBR250

kingkang204
August 28th, 2012, 10:47 AM

They kind of have to, I read somewhere that the CBR250R stole a good % of the 250r sales. I'm glad Honda joined the 250 market, competition is always good for consumers.

nycsteve
August 28th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Brooklyn rPanda I think we should all get together and get sick that day.

dirty nasty
August 28th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Oooooh! But Thursday is pay day for me. :(

I should just get direct deposit. That way the money I'll spend that day will be in my account at 12 A.M. and I'll probably be sick by 5:30 A.M. when I'm supposed to be getting up for work. ;)

Jiggles
August 28th, 2012, 11:09 AM

Carbs rule!

:crazyloco:

lgk
August 28th, 2012, 11:09 AM
They kind of have to, I read somewhere that the CBR250R stole a good % of the 250r sales. I'm glad Honda joined the 250 market, competition is always good for consumers.

even if its only 5%, that probably translates into millions of dollars in sales.

i imagine once motorcycle commuting is more mainstream, you'll see more of these convenience features.

cerberusrex25
August 28th, 2012, 04:43 PM

I hope you're right, even if it is as an option. I like carbs and all but I would like to just turn on my 250 on a cold day without the headache.

lgk
August 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I hope you're right, even if it is as an option. I like carbs and all but I would like to just turn on my 250 on a cold day without the headache.

yea, i had trouble too.
i could not ride off with the choke without stalling.

ended up warming it up for 5min then riding...

sucked when i wanted to ride somewhere for lunch.

EsrTek
August 28th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Good find!! If my work schedule actually doesn't change, I will be in Brooklyn, then Bronx on the 10th to 14th.

Avenged7Fold
August 28th, 2012, 05:06 PM
So are they giving a release date for the 2013 250?

Jiggles
August 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM

If pulling the choke gives you a headache then

bdavison
August 28th, 2012, 05:09 PM
It would be worth going just to see the Jason Britton exhibition. You know he's gonna go balls out for a US Kawasaki debut event.

dirty nasty
August 29th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I'm going with a friend. Where do I park my bike? We planned on spending the day in the city.

choneofakind
August 29th, 2012, 07:06 PM

Hahaha the headache comes when you're trying to tune it :p

It's nice when you get it set up right, but it's a pain

wvninjamom
August 31st, 2012, 08:56 AM
FYI - The big reveal of 2013 Kawasaki Ninja® sportbikes is scheduled for 9/13 at Times Square in New York. More details as they are available.:)

Vampyre
August 31st, 2012, 09:36 AM
Dammit. I will be in NYC the 7th,8th,9th, and 16th.....lol. Going on a cruise the days in between the 9th and 16th.

areifel
August 31st, 2012, 10:11 AM
Does Kawasaki usually hold a big event in Times Square pertaining to the 250?

Really curious if our (250) bike will be significantly different from overseas.

wvninjamom
August 31st, 2012, 10:17 AM
More info - don't know about the 250 yet.

The new 2013 Ninja® sportbikes will be unveiled and on display, along with several historic models and a few surprises.

Come and enjoy a full day of cool events!

• Onsite sweepstakes for a chance to win one of two new Ninja® sportbikes
• Team No-Limit stunt show with Jason Britton and Eric Hoenshell
• Take on 9-time World Champion drag racer Rickey Gadson via drag race simulator
• Autograph sessions with Monster Energy Kawasaki racing champion Ryan Villopoto
• Special guest DJ Biggie
• Motorcycle displays
• Kawasaki merchandise giveaways

Tune in to watch the event via LIVE simulcast Kawasaki.com/NinjaNYC 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm ET.

Jono
August 31st, 2012, 02:09 PM

Yeah it's gonna be a 300cc. Haven't you heard? :eek:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=112858
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110228

Jiggles
August 31st, 2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah it's gonna be a 300cc. Haven't you heard? :eek:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=112858
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110228

Bull ****, its a 296cc

Jono
August 31st, 2012, 02:16 PM
Haha that's what I mean.

Alex
August 31st, 2012, 05:00 PM
/merged

SSG54
September 2nd, 2012, 07:11 AM
Hi, I'm new here. I was going to get a 2008-2012, now that i saw the 2013 pics I will wait it out, oh i already told my clients i am not available the 13th :thumbup:

choneofakind
September 3rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
UGHHHH! so many 2013 ninja threads! This is like the third thread I've read about the NY revealing thing...

Klondike1020
September 5th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Brooklyn rPanda I think we should all get together and get sick that day.

My ninja won't be on the road but I would be down to call in sick that day and ride my cruiser . I'd like to see No Limits !

Jiggles
September 5th, 2012, 12:26 AM
UGHHHH! so many 2013 ninja threads! This is like the third thread I've read about the NY revealing thing...

Alex

XT_HkMBrNQA

:lol:

Trailerboy531
September 5th, 2012, 12:51 AM

This is about the whole new Ninja line. Among other bikes the new zx-6(36)r will also be officially announced.

nycsteve
September 5th, 2012, 06:00 AM
My ninja won't be on the road but I would be down to call in sick that day and ride my cruiser . I'd like to see No Limits !

Come through!

FYI: i might not even take my bike that day. Most, if not all, parking garages will not accept 2 wheels. If I do, I will just park the bike a few blocks away and take my tags with me. :eek:

choneofakind
September 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
This is about the whole new Ninja line. Among other bikes the new zx-6(36)r will also be officially announced.

Don't forget, the 14R is still fresh off a redesign as well. This is a big year for Kawasaki.

Klondike1020
September 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Come through!

FYI: i might not even take my bike that day. Most, if not all, parking garages will not accept 2 wheels. If I do, I will just park the bike a few blocks away and take my tags with me. :eek:

Y do u need to take your tags ? Plates ? People steal them ?

EsrTek
September 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Oh yea... in NY they will steal them to use on stolen bikes.
In NYC I would take all my gear, double disc lock both wheels, take my plates and maybe even the battery. Still doesn't mean your fairings will be on the bike when you get back :(

lgk
September 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM
well that sucks.

been jumped before in NYC but never had stuff stolen like that.

Panda
September 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM
In NYC I would take all my gear, double disc lock both wheels, take my plates and maybe even the battery. Still doesn't mean your fairings will be on the bike when you get back :(

So it's not quite this ridiculous. People also take their tags so they can park illegally and not get tickets.

nycsteve
September 6th, 2012, 05:38 AM
So it's not quite this ridiculous. People also take their tags so they can park illegally and not get tickets.

This.

And sometimes this lol

Klondike1020
September 6th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I am surprised more fOrum members don't want to attend this show it should be great and hopefully they are giving away some free stuff!

kraazy
September 8th, 2012, 08:20 AM
This.

And sometimes this lol

guys, guys... theres nothing to worry about ,it has always been perfectly safe to park ur bikes in nyc... geewhiz... what a stereotype.!

kraazy
September 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Between this and the 9/11 ride..and one sick day:eek:... umm i cant decide:confused:? .steve whats up? u changed ur number i tried to get in touch?

nycsteve
September 8th, 2012, 09:22 AM
guys, guys... theres nothing to worry about ,it has always been perfectly safe to park ur bikes in nyc... geewhiz... what a stereotype.!

hahaha great. Some people get comfortable and thats when **** happens. I work in the upper west side, in a rather large building, and have been told of bikes disappearing from right in front of the damn place.

If it happens to me, I will be a bit pissed, but not surprised. Heck, the only thing that has surprised me is that my bike hasn't been tipped over or stolen yet. I left my keys in the ignition one whole work day :eek:

Between this and the 9/11 ride..and one sick day:eek:... umm i cant decide:confused:? .steve whats up? u changed ur number i tried to get in touch?

Nah, I got your text and thought I responded. my bad son. I'm a no go for this weekend. Crashed, although bike is running, kind of figuring out what to do with it at this point. Still ride to work in it though. :D

Klondike1020
September 8th, 2012, 11:26 AM
So does anyone from the forum want to meet up and check out this event on the 13th
?

Also I cannot find any schedule of events for that gig ? Does anyone know what is going on with that?

nycsteve
September 8th, 2012, 12:24 PM
So does anyone from the forum want to meet up and check out this event on the 13th
?

Also I cannot find any schedule of events for that gig ? Does anyone know what is going on with that?

You riding or what? Let's get a quick count of folks that are going, then we can figure out where to meet from there.

I'm tentatively in for now, gotta see whats going on at work.

SSG54
September 8th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I'll be there all day

kraazy
September 8th, 2012, 01:31 PM
hahaha great. Some people get comfortable and thats when **** happens. I work in the upper west side, in a rather large building, and have been told of bikes disappearing from right in front of the damn place.

If it happens to me, I will be a bit pissed, but not surprised. Heck, the only thing that has surprised me is that my bike hasn't been tipped over or stolen yet. I left my keys in the ignition one whole work day :eek:

holy **** really, im sorry to hear that. oh wait no im not..welcome to the damn club :thumbup:..(kidding)hope ur ok did u get hurt bad?
as far as ur bike lemme know if u need help resurrecting that bike!

Nah, I got your text and thought I responded. my bad son. I'm a no go for this weekend. Crashed, although bike is running, kind of figuring out what to do with it at this point. Still ride to work in it though. :D

Klondike1020
September 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I would ride in but I don't want to ride if my bike won't be safe so I am goin either ride or take the train in

Panda
September 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Crashed, although bike is running, kind of figuring out what to do with it at this point. Still ride to work in it though. :D

You ok? What happened man?

nycsteve
September 11th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Bike + SUV + 15MPH + NO Signal + Riding Too Close :o = OOOOPPPSSSS.

I'm still riding though. Ordered some GPI Stands to help me with fixing the bike up. Need to untwist/align my forks a bit with the front wheel. My fairings got some more battle scars. Bent brake levers. Both handlebars are now bent a bit. Need front turn signals. Still need my valves checked lol. How did it go for you? How much you paid and did they have to adjust them? I want to do it myself to learn but i don't have the tools or time right now.

Who's still going, and where does everyone want to meet? I might just take the train to avoid any hassles but will ride if a group ride is planned. Let's plan this ASAP.

So far:

Klondike1020
Nycsteve
rPanda
SSG54

Panda
September 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Glad to hear you are ok man. Stay safe out there man.

I went to Speed motor repair in the UES. They adjusted the valves altogether it cost 180. I like that shop.

nycsteve
September 11th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Glad to hear you are ok man. Stay safe out there man.

I went to Speed motor repair in the UES. They adjusted the valves altogether it cost 180. I like that shop.

Thanks, I'll take a look. That's a very good price considering they made adjustments. How long they kept the bike?

Panda
September 11th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Took two or three days. I am headed up there tomorrow for them to install my GPS. I have no garage to work on my bike so I have to take it to them for everything. Plus I don't know Wtf I am doing

Bigballsofpaint
September 11th, 2012, 09:41 AM
ill be going with 2 friends (1 has a ninjette as well). we will be driving though since my friend offered. I hate going into the city, but for kawasaki ill make an exception

nycsteve
September 11th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Took two or three days. I am headed up there tomorrow for them to install my GPS.

What time you going to them? We can probably meet up since I don't have school on wednesday.

I have no garage to work on my bike so I have to take it to them for everything. Plus I don't know Wtf I am doing

Dude, I just received my stands. Let's fix **** ourselves! I have already done a "tune-up"(oil, filters, plugs) myself without stands. I'll be replacing front brake system (rotor, caliper and pads) this weekend. I also want to install a power outlet of some sort and LEDs (in good taste, I swear). I do everything on the street without hassle or care. I already do chain clean and lube and replaced my signal lights with LED ones.

If you want to learn about the bike and do small general maintenance this would be a good thing. If not, take it to them! I wanted to do the valves myself too, but I have no tools so I might be dropping by sometime in the next 2 weeks. Maybe they can install my new tires when they get in!

Panda
September 11th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I want to install rizoma indicators and some LEDs as well. You're right we should have a tech day.

I am headed up tomorrow before work to drop it off then I have to come to the office.

Klondike1020
September 11th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I've got space at my work where we could hangout On a weekend and wrench . Down side is I am up in Middletown

nycsteve
September 12th, 2012, 06:37 AM
I want to install rizoma indicators and some LEDs as well. You're right we should have a tech day.

I am headed up tomorrow before work to drop it off then I have to come to the office.

Sounds very good. We can have a tech day this weekend if you have the parts you need. We should do saturday that way you can join me on a group ride with some dudes i ride with on sunday. I think you have my number, text me later if you're picing up your bike after 4:30 today.

I've got space at my work where we could hangout On a weekend and wrench . Down side is I am up in Middletown

Thats not a downside, you're right next to bear mountain! :D Would this saturday be ok? LMK ASAP

We can cruise up to you in the morning, grab some breakfast while the bikes cool down, work on them, then test rides through the mountains! :D:thumbup:

Panda
September 12th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Yeah that's not bad at all. Take a nice ride up there in the morning and definitely get there before 11 or 12.

I just dropped the bike off, I think the bike will be ready by Friday. I don't think I can make a tech day this Saturday. I'm going to try to get a little golf in before it gets too cold.

Klondike1020 you have tools etc? Or should we bring our own?

nycsteve
September 12th, 2012, 06:50 PM
So where does everyone want to meet? Most likely, whoever rides can probably squeeze into a parking spot somewhere on broadway on the uptown side of the event (47-59th streets) if you are early.

Whos going, whos riding? I will go if we can get a nice group, if not, I'll just stream it while at my job. We can probably meet on broadway between 47-50th streets. If ya want my number PM me, it'll be easier. I'll try to post here while at the event to update everyone on where you can find us.

I will be there at 8-9am if someone responds to me/this by morning.

SSG54
September 13th, 2012, 05:30 AM
I'm in times square! Just got off the subway, now to find the exact spot

nycsteve
September 13th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I'm in times square! Just got off the subway, now to find the exact spot

I'll be there by 10. PM your number!

SSG54
September 13th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Broadway and 46th!

Klondike1020
September 13th, 2012, 06:07 AM
I have a huge ware house I work in. I have minimal hand tools and an air compressor

mostly screw drivers gear rachet set and some different pliers

I have a decent shop with torches presses pipe bender welders ect up state where I am from but I just moved down here. I own a piece of property and I have a garage that is 30 x 30 that I want to turn into a laid back motorcycle / gear head hangout .....

but the shop I have at work is basically just a space to work in :/

Panda
September 13th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Klondike1020 actually man that sounds pretty awesome. Way more space to work on a bike than I have down here.

nycsteve you going to be up there all day? I am going g to try to head up around 1. I'll text you if I come up.

vman1313
September 13th, 2012, 07:00 AM
This is just for those who didn't know that Kawasaki was going to do a LIVE STREAM from NYC starting at 11AM.

http://www.kawasaki.com/NinjaNYC/CountDown.aspx

(almost time to sell all my bikes and a few pints of blood and maybe donate some spe.....anyway anything to go get a new scoot!) :rolleyes::D:):cool::thumbup::p:eek::D

RiderOnTheStorm
September 13th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I'm sure this is old news, but on the NYC takeover on the Kawi web page they list the revealing of the 2013 Ninja 300!

http://ninjanyc.kawasaki.com/m/

CC Cowboy
September 13th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Jason Britton is supposed to stunt a 300 Ninja at the event in NYC. I hope he doesn't crash but I'm sure he's gonna thrash it.

Bristecom
September 13th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I'm watching it now... But it's just two annoying, unprofessional guys rambling and insulting the crowd. Just announce the damn bikes, colors, and prices already!

Lychee
September 13th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I'm watching it now... But it's just two annoying, unprofessional guys rambling and insulting the crowd. Just announce the damn bikes, colors, and prices already!

new product announcement scheduled at 1pm

vman1313
September 13th, 2012, 10:10 AM
:mad: Yeah - I dont want to hear all the crap...show the new bikes and prices!!!

Bristecom
September 13th, 2012, 10:10 AM
new product announcement scheduled at 1pm

It's after 1 now...

vman1313
September 13th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I keep lookinig for a FAST FORWARD button!! :rolleyes:

Bristecom
September 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM
OK, he just said 2 PM is when they'll actually reveal them. So... yeah, I'll check back then. I'm not gonna watch this idiocy until then.

Ninja Chris
September 13th, 2012, 10:16 AM
No FF button, but they announced the official show time for the new bikes is 2:05pm (stated by Rickey Gadson). I know they want to hype the crowd but it would have been nice to leave the mc'ing before starting the broadcast.

Lychee
September 13th, 2012, 10:16 AM
bikes are being rolled out!

Edit: bikes look old...?

Ninja Chris
September 13th, 2012, 10:17 AM
a butt load of bikes just rolled into the pin area, wonder what's goin' on with this...?

ok fan appreciation

Lychee
September 13th, 2012, 10:29 AM
who is this racer guy that keeps talking about himself like he matters more than the bikes?

Ninja Chris
September 13th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Update: 13 minutes until unveiling according to their official time clock

Old Lemon
September 13th, 2012, 10:33 AM
12 minutes

Lychee
September 13th, 2012, 10:46 AM
An old white guy has taken the stage... I guess it is starting! LOL

EsrTek
September 13th, 2012, 10:57 AM
All that time and setup to get that done to announce 2 bikes!! Seems kind of a waste of time/money.

US getting the 300 and 636..not 1 mention of the ninja 400 (I was secretly hoping that would be in there).

Anyway waiting to see if Honda comes out w a 500R http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motorcycles/rumor-honda-could-be-readying-up-the-cb500-cbr500-to-challenge-the-2013-kawasaki-ninja-400r-61905/

Bristecom
September 13th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Uhm, that was pathetic. Are they going to talk about the bikes at all or just stand around like idiots?

akxel
September 13th, 2012, 11:07 AM
2pm pacific or what time zone?:confused:

Bristecom
September 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM
2pm pacific or what time zone?:confused:

Eastern Time... It's in New York (Times Square). So it's almost over. Go to kawasaki.com if you want to watch it.

Bristecom
September 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Aaand it's over. Glad I wasted 2 hours. All they did was roll the bikes out so we could see them but anyone who cared already knew what they looked like! The only thing we learned was that there will likely be a white version available in the US. Ugh...

Penguin1120
September 13th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Thought the whole event was tacky and not very well thought out. The MC's seemed to annoy the crowd the more they tried to hype them up.

I can't imagine how much money Kawasaki wasted putting this event together.

Bristecom
September 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Thought the whole event was tacky and not very well thought out. The MC's seemed to annoy the crowd the more they tried to hype them up.

I can't imagine how much money Kawasaki wasted putting this event together.

Honestly, what a disaster. That was probably the worst product revealing/presentation I've ever seen and it probably cost them huge amounts of money. I feel bad for Kawasaki Japan. Is this what they think Americans want? If you're going to have an event at least have someone talk about the details of the bikes or ride them around a bit or SOMETHING! They would have been much better off just putting it up on their website or doing it at their US headquarters. I doubt anyone in that crowd is actually going to buy one of those bikes. They all looked like they were just there for free t-shirts.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I'm glad I decided not to watch it. lol Sounds pretty disappointing.

Klondike1020
September 13th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Just got here

Penguin1120
September 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Honestly, what a disaster. That was probably the worst product revealing/presentation I've ever seen and it probably cost them huge amounts of money. I feel bad for Kawasaki Japan. Is this what they think Americans want? If you're going to have an event at least have someone talk about the details of the bikes or ride them around a bit or SOMETHING! They would have been much better off just putting it up on their website or doing it at their US headquarters. I doubt anyone in that crowd is actually going to buy one of those bikes. They all looked like they were just there for free t-shirts.

For less money, Kawasaki could have announced "Ninja's invade Newyork..." had a fleet of Ninja 300's and 636's roaming the streets of New York. A few cameras and GoPro's to watch people's reactions as the bikes rode by, maybe interview some hippies on the streets about how cool the new bikes look, then put together a short vid to display on Kawasaki's website and make a few commercials out of it.

Heed
September 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I'm glad I decided not to watch it. lol Sounds pretty disappointing.

yeah, you didn't miss anything

kingkang204
September 13th, 2012, 11:53 AM
They're not as good as Apple when it comes to unveiling new products.

Lil_Green_Demon
September 13th, 2012, 11:55 AM
For less money, Kawasaki could have announced "Ninja's invade Newyork..." had a fleet of Ninja 300's and 636's roaming the streets of New York. A few cameras and GoPro's to watch people's reactions as the bikes rode by, maybe interview some hippies on the streets about how cool the new bikes look, then put together a short vid to display on Kawasaki's website and make a few commercials out of it.

You should get hired by Kawasaki's marketing team.

SSG54
September 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I'm still here :)

Panda
September 13th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I was there an hour ago and left. I'll be back up at 6ish.

choneofakind
September 13th, 2012, 01:12 PM

That would actually be pretty cool!

Klondike1020
September 13th, 2012, 02:47 PM
He of anyone else is here text me
They gave 100 $ gift cards to people to show their keys as a pic of them on their bike

Bigballsofpaint
September 13th, 2012, 07:57 PM
my friend won one of the gift cards with a picture i text him, he was on one side of the audience and i was on the other. It had 3 of us on our ninjettes in the picture. I thought it was a fun event, your right thought it was more for the common tourist in time square than for a hardcore enthusiest. Got a ton of free stuff!

Klondike1020
September 13th, 2012, 09:31 PM
It was a disappointment. Big time . When they asked people to cheer for the stunt team no one did. But at least I got to sit on the bikes and what not. It was extra disappointing how the kawa reps didn't know the new specs. Didnt know about available upgrades. Didn't know anything. I talked to about 8 reps and none had useful info besides msrp .

I think it was a big rouse to make sport bike more main stream show off trendy. Get the urbanites and punk kids into it for squiding it up and looking cool.

Jono
September 13th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah when I watched it online I saw two guys talking out of their asses while two stunt bikers were doing lame ass stunts. And most of that was them hitting the rev limiter and then doing burnouts and they even dropped their bikes quite a few times. It was stupid. Couldn't watch that **** for more than a few minutes.

dirty nasty
September 13th, 2012, 09:50 PM
I stopped by to check out the bikes. Watched the stunting for a minute and decided it sucked. The bikes were gorgeous! Kinda disappointed they had a KZ900 on display rather than an H1 or an H2 smoker. The Top Gun Ninja was present. They were handing out Monster like mad, which I was only happy with because I had done a lot of riding and had to do a LOT more. The guy they had rapping about stunting and the Kawasaki Ninja was hilarious, but with what he had to work with, I suppose he was a good rapper. I got to sit on the new 636 and it feels SAWEEET! Well, as much as you can tell about how a bike will feel from sitting stationary on it, which is absolutely nothing. I left shortly after arriving and went and explored the rest of the city with a lady friend with the rest of my day, which was a freaking blast!

They should have had test rides. That 636 was calling my name. :(

00NissanNinja
September 13th, 2012, 10:59 PM
"Make some noise!!!!!!" I was damn shut up, every two seconds watching the stream lol. Jason Britton didn't even do his stuff either...and his teammate kept dropping the bike that was funny though.