View Full Version : Paid!

noche_caliente
December 30th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Woot!!!! Totally paid off now! I only financed it because I could - took the 6 months no interest route. Ended up being a good thing because the cost of repairs + tools/stands etc. was about what I had financed, meaning I could actually afford to pay for them then instead of waiting....
So today I paid the last little bit! And more than a month before the deal was up! Woo hoo!:jumping40:
Ok, finished celebrating now :)

HKr1
December 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Congrats!

Now send that spare change to me :)

Syphen
December 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Congrats! I think paying off a bike or any other toy is a great feeling. The only problem with that is... well... your going to start looking at OTHER toys now.

kkim
December 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah, and she looks at a LOT of stuff! :lol:

Congrats!! It's always a good feeling to be debt free and I try to buy nothing on credit unless I absolutely cannot swing it.

My belief is that if you can't pay for it all with money from your savings, perhaps you need to reconsider buying it in the first place. :)

I used to buy everything on credit and had the bills to prove it. :p I learned too late in life that wasn't a good idea. :hitself:

Sailariel
December 30th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I also took advantage of Kawa`s six month interest free promotion. Paid the bike off in 5mos.

Viper-Byte
December 30th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Nice one Kim :thumbup:

It is alway a good feeling when you have paid something you have worked hard for, I know when I look at my bike and think, that is all my hard work, I get a :D

DirtyBoy
December 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Very nice! Mine will be paid off next month along with ALL my other debt. So no more mortgage, car payments or anything else at all. I can't wait for the wonderful feeling of being 100% debt free.

Alex
December 30th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Congratulations! What a great feeling...

NJD022588
December 31st, 2008, 12:59 AM
Congrats! :thumbup:

Isnt 6 months the cutoff for the transaction being able to affect your credit score? So anything under 6 months wont give you credit?

NICUNinja
December 31st, 2008, 01:01 AM
Congrats being debt free, it sure enhances the enjoyment. :thumbup:

noche_caliente
December 31st, 2008, 10:35 AM
Isnt 6 months the cutoff for the transaction being able to affect your credit score? So anything under 6 months wont give you credit?

I honestly don't know - but you forget, I own two houses and have paid off two cars, all since 2002, so I'm not too worried about building my credit anymore....

NJD022588
December 31st, 2008, 01:41 PM
I honestly don't know - but you forget, I own two houses and have paid off two cars, all since 2002, so I'm not too worried about building my credit anymore....

True. I have had credit cards in my name since before I knew what credit was so I dont really need to build my credit, but there's that word 'discrepancy' on the bottom of my credit report since I wasnt the top name on these cards. Those cards still got my credit score to almost perfect but none of it is really mine. I'm trying to build some of my own credit. :)