View Full Version : Spada Hurricane Boots - Review

Joshorilla
August 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Spada Hurricane Boots

I picked up these boots from a local motorbike shop for £50 I am quite impressed, so much so I thought i'd do a little write up.

First Impressions: 9/10

These boots look the part, plenty of leather, tasteful design and double stitching gives them a look of a boot many times more expensive, and you don't feel they have scrimped on the quantity of leather giving them a very protective feel. They lack on obvious safety devices such as visible armour, but for me the discreet look is more desirable.

Size & Fit: 9/10

These are UK size 10 "europe 45" USA google it and these are 1 to 1 with my regular shoe size, nice and tight with room for break in. The dual sided zip and velcro expansion at the back make them very easy to get on and off, and when fully zipped up fit very snuggly, there are no "hot spots" and the inside is a nylon mesh over soft foam giving a well ventilated yet warm feel, they are a little stiff but shifting isn't a problem and I expect them to soften up, they fit snuggly enough to my leg to allow my 501's to slip just over the top, or underneath at a stretch. The only problem being the velcro can be difficult to get on if you do so after they are zipped up, velcro first then zip and you'll be fine.

Safety features 7/10

The ankle has a hard plastic insert moulded between the leather and inner socking, I couldn't comment on how protective this is, but gives me more peace of mind if my ankle were to get a knock, and covers the ankle bone fully and snugly. The boot itself is fully leather except the sole so I can imagine abrasion will not be too much of a problem. They come with a 3M branded reflective piping on the back that works quite well, but they are so small they almost feel superfluous, they are lacking systems and armour found in more expensive boots, but are more than I expected for the price.

Technology 8/10

The lining is an own brand gore tex like material, apparently you can pour boiling water in them and the only thing to come out will be steam... I think the glue would melt first but hey ho, they haven't let any water in yet and I wouldn't expect them to soon. They lack over exotic materials but are perfectly functional as is.

Overview

I like these boots very much and would recommend them for cooler climates such as Britain, I imagine they would be too warm for summer or for hotter climates but they suit me fine even for long rides, they are built to a good quality and although I haven't used them much I feel confident and protected in them. I would even chance wearing them around the office with my trousers over them at a pinch!

Please let me know if there is anything I may have missed out, or if there are any ways I could improve my reviewing, as I would like to review more products in the future and any feedback would be gratefully received :)

Alex
August 29th, 2012, 07:53 PM
:thumbup: