View Full Version : just installed the puig DB.

PSO-08ninja250rblack
December 30th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Hey recieved my new dark smoke puig double bubble race screen today, took me 2sek to install and im happy with the result:) heres a few pics, not the greatest quality but anyway, cya:thumbup:

First one with stock screen. (sorry about the shakiness, is that a word?:o)
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc251/pso0007/DSC00847.jpg
-
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc251/pso0007/DSC00848.jpg
-
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc251/pso0007/DSC00850.jpg

Cochese
December 30th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I need me one of those!

CRXTrek
December 30th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I really like mine... same only light smoke :thumbup:

GreezMunky
December 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I have one on mine too, love it. Only thing I don't like is how quickly it gets dirty looking from all the dust/dirt and bugs.

PSO-08ninja250rblack
December 30th, 2008, 05:24 PM
yep:D you gotta keep it clean, and the dirt shows quickly on the black surface... but its a cool looking screen:thumbup:

kkim
December 30th, 2008, 07:28 PM
hmmm... that is nice. Is that the dark smoked one?

Anyone have any recommendations on where to buy one from? :D

grandmaster
December 30th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Do you have to have your seat off to do that mod? ;)

CRXTrek
December 30th, 2008, 07:52 PM
hmmm... that is nice. Is that the dark smoked one?

Anyone have any recommendations on where to buy one from? :D

I got mine here
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/5/80/6029/23620/PITEM/Puig-Racing-Windscreen-2008-Kawasaki-Ninja-250R-Parts.aspx
Shipped fast

NICUNinja
December 31st, 2008, 01:07 AM
Looks great, I had one purchased at the end of November awaiting my bike. Found out after that the dealer didn't even have them on hand. :confused:
Now can't seem to find the dark smoke, every one says they are on back order. Going to a bike show this weekend, will have to check it out there.:)

PSO-08ninja250rblack
December 31st, 2008, 02:24 AM
well i got mine from german ebay, but i know they have them at ebay.co.uk aswell... "Do you have to have your seat off to do that mod? " hehe dont think so;) but i have my bike at a workshop next to my home, there are quite a few bikes there, so because of danger of fire you have to dry out the tank and unhook the batt:)

noche_caliente
December 31st, 2008, 10:16 AM
Looks great, I had one purchased at the end of November awaiting my bike. Found out after that the dealer didn't even have them on hand. :confused:
Now can't seem to find the dark smoke, every one says they are on back order. Going to a bike show this weekend, will have to check it out there.:)
Trista,
I don't know about shipping to Canada, but Motorcycle superstore has a great deal on them now, and dark smoke is available
it is available here as well:
http://www.powersportequipment.com/product_items_detail.asp?item=999302027
http://shop.ebay.ca/items/_W0QQ_nkwZpuigQ20ninjaQ20250QQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

NICUNinja
December 31st, 2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the sites, I'lll look them up when I get home.:thumbup:

BlacktOut2fiddy
January 2nd, 2009, 12:54 AM
I highly suggest the ZG Double Bubble over the Puig.I have the Puig on my VFR and the quality isnt even close the the Zero Gravity Db on my ninja.The puig is a bit thicker but fit and finish is better on the ZG.I think there's a $5-10 difference between the two so it's really up to you.:thumbup:If you check out ebay and search for Ninja 250 parts there's almost always a DB up for auction for ZG outlet thats where i got mine for $47.00.;)

PSO-08ninja250rblack
January 2nd, 2009, 03:32 AM
Hey dont really know anything about the ZG screen i just assumed that it was same/same i like the puig but then again havent seen the ZG...

BlacktOut2fiddy
January 2nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
There's not much diffrence really execept for thickness but if you get a black or dark tint you cant see through it anyways.I know the puig i got for the VFR didnt want to go on holes wouldnt line up or anything.:mad:

CRXTrek
January 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
My Puig fit just like the Stock one
No problems

ken_here
January 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
where does the wind now hit you using the double bubble,? Chin level..visor level? thanks

PSO-08ninja250rblack
January 3rd, 2009, 04:53 AM
hey havent run the bike since i did the install, so cant tell you about the wind difference yet, but im sure someone else can:) yeah my ouig screen fitted pretty nicely as well.

Viper-Byte
January 3rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
I have got one of these, though it is a genuine Kawasaki one in dark smoke, it looks great and the effects are noticable. I just cannot ride with the stock shield on now.

I am not sure of my height, but I do know that I fit fine on the bike, and at times it feels a little small. Anyway, I only have to hunker down a LITTLE and all the wind goes over my head :D

Ninja007
January 27th, 2009, 12:16 AM
How is the install for these db's? Do you have to take the entire front end off or what? I'm seriously thinking about getting the Zero Gravity light smoke db so any input would be great, thanks!

CRXTrek
January 27th, 2009, 12:20 AM
How is the install for these db's? Do you have to take the entire front end off or what? I'm seriously thinking about getting the Zero Gravity light smoke db so any input would be great, thanks!

No ,It's easy 4 allen screws

Viper-Byte
January 27th, 2009, 12:23 AM
LOL, it is literally the easiest mod to the bike, as CRXTrek said, it is only the 4 screws on the front.

HKr1
January 27th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Be carefull on the front two allens, theres just a gromet with some threads down in there. Have heard some people pushing them out, then having to search for them.... not to mention a pain putting them back into place.

Front two allens are longer than the rear two also. < If you have a helper handing them to you :)

Ninja007
January 27th, 2009, 08:22 AM
thanks guys! well, looks like I'll be ordering my db soon! :D

Sound Wave
February 4th, 2009, 12:32 AM
I highly suggest the ZG Double Bubble over the Puig.I have the Puig on my VFR and the quality isnt even close the the Zero Gravity Db on my ninja.The puig is a bit thicker but fit and finish is better on the ZG.I think there's a $5-10 difference between the two so it's really up to you.:thumbup:If you check out ebay and search for Ninja 250 parts there's almost always a DB up for auction for ZG outlet thats where i got mine for $47.00.;)

a little late, but thanks for the mention of zg outlet. i bought my light smoke double bubble from them. installed it last week. it looks great.

kkim
February 4th, 2009, 12:37 AM
a little late, but thanks for the mention of zg outlet. i bought my light smoke double bubble from them. installed it last week. it looks great.

:worthlesswithoutpic

zartan
February 4th, 2009, 01:14 AM
thanks guys!! TR was just wondering outloud tonight if you have to remove the front faring to get to nuts or anything from behind. Always thankful for timely info :D

travis5018
February 5th, 2009, 04:53 PM
the weirdest thing happened, when I went to install mine It didn't really want to fit....I had to push the top right of the fairing into the hole and screw it down, it was kinda a pain and getting the read grommets into the new screen sucked also, but now the wind just basically flies over :)

HKr1
February 6th, 2009, 06:36 AM
^ Make sure the screen went between the fairing and black plastic of dash part.

travis5018
February 6th, 2009, 03:36 PM
^thanks I got that put i lost one of the gromets because one of the lower screws isn't screwing in, so im going to take it off and try to find it and redo it this weekend

HKr1
February 6th, 2009, 04:17 PM
^ make sure you got the right screws also.... The fronts are longer than the rear ones.

Unless you looked down there with a flash light and seen it missing(gromet)

travis5018
February 6th, 2009, 11:03 PM
^(lolz) Ill check it out thanks

Sound Wave
February 7th, 2009, 11:55 AM
here is a pic i took of my bike this morning with the zg double bubble light smoke. for me, i think the light smoke is a perfect compromise between looks and function.

kkim
February 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks. I like the light smoke, too.

Hawaii Kai parking lot?

Sound Wave
February 7th, 2009, 12:16 PM
yup. the boat harbor. i was on my way to sandy beach. woke up early and decided to go for a ride.

noche_caliente
February 7th, 2009, 07:09 PM
how did it do with the wind? any noticeable change?

Sound Wave
February 7th, 2009, 07:55 PM
how did it do with the wind? any noticeable change?

me? where before i had to duck low to escape the turbulence at freeway speeds, now i can almost sit upright and still be fine.

noche_caliente
February 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM
nice! exactly what I'm looking for! how tall are you? since I'm only 5'3 with a 30" inseam, I should be well out of the windstream now!

Sound Wave
February 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM
i am 5'9".

here is where i got mine from in case you want the zero gravity. the one i have is 281- double bubble light smoke (16-281-02) http://www.zgoutlet.com/ goes for $70 plus shipping.

kkim
February 8th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Gary,
How much was shipping to Hawaii? :)

Sound Wave
February 8th, 2009, 01:28 AM
$15... so $85 total. i used paypal. i am not sure if there was another option.

kkim
February 8th, 2009, 01:31 AM
and how was it shipped... what carrier and what level of service?

Sound Wave
February 8th, 2009, 01:37 AM
i ordered it on the 27th of january, it shipped on the 28th, and i received it on the 30th. it arrived via USPS. the box was not damaged in any way.

very impressed with the efficiency of their operation.

the installation was really easy (once i figured out which way the upper rubber thingys go) and it fits perfectly.

edit: one thing is that i live in a high rise. there are extra large mailboxes that they use for oversized packages and just leave a key in our mailbox.

kkim
February 8th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Thank you, sir... just bought a DB light smoked one.
:yo:

Sound Wave
February 8th, 2009, 01:45 AM
glad i could be of some little assistance after all the help you are continually giving me. :)

kkim
February 8th, 2009, 01:48 AM
you have a PM

Sound Wave
February 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM
me? where before i had to duck low to escape the turbulence at freeway speeds, now i can almost sit upright and still be fine.

ok, today was windier than it has been in the past since i got the db. i had to duck down more than usual to escape the wind, but still no where near as much as before.