View Full Version : Frame sliders for a 2005?

BlueHairSar
September 1st, 2012, 11:06 AM
I did a quick search and the only frame sliders I can find are for the new-gen ('08 or younger).

Any tips of finding and/or making them? Or at least something that'll protect my girl if I ever lay her down?

Thanks!

Monkeytofu
September 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM
The pregen is not designed to use frame sliders. You're better off not using them anyways since your sacrificing safety for the paint of your bike.

rabies
September 5th, 2012, 07:11 AM
wouldnt frame slider protect the radiator/exhaust/tank and other parts?
some of us dont have fairings.

choneofakind
September 5th, 2012, 10:59 AM
^ yes, but at the risk of delivering all impact directly to the frame/engine. There's no good place on the pre-gen frame to install them since the engine is a stressed member of the frame.

What's more important; your exhaust, or your frame?

rabies
September 5th, 2012, 01:31 PM
hmmmm. good point good sir

dirty nasty
September 5th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Yeah, bad idea on small bikes. They're light bikes and the sliders cause them to dig into the ground and send them tumbling in a violent fashion, often destroying everything on the bike in the process.

Here's an idea! Don't crash!

I know that's an ass hat thing to say, but try your best not to. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I see a lot of stupid **** riders do that causes them to crash that could have been completely avoided.

Besides, if you crash your bike the last concern of yours should be the bike. Bikes can be fixed. Ninja 250s can be fixed very easily and for very cheap. You cannot always be fixed, if you're still around to be fixed that is. I'd look into a new hobby if I were worried about what happens after a crash, both concerning oneself and the bike.

BlueHairSar
September 5th, 2012, 07:33 PM
The no crash tactic is high on my list ;0)

I'm a noob, and while I'm not in any way looking to do it, I accept that it's possible to do a low or no-speed dump on the bike. I've got ATGATT, so just tryin' to look out for my baby, too.