View Full Version : First huge group ride

DennyV
September 10th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Went on a group ride yesterday expecting a small and fairly noob friendly ride, while not so small, it did teach me some things, I suck in the twisties, lol I slow down way too much and too damn scared to roll on throttle, did manage the courage to lean on a hairpin yesterday and almost lost the rear... at least that stock IRC has barely a chicken strip on the right side... sadly the camera had died by the time that happened. Need to get some new rubber on this winter! bMmFqjbW0eg

Old Lemon
September 10th, 2012, 05:09 PM
i shoulda saved my footy and also did a time lapse thing. didnt think about it nor do i no how to do it but it would have been interesting seeing yours mine and gregs perspectives on the ride. and sorry i didnt stay with you guys, i am a little more spirited for the twisties and wanted a more faster paced group. and on the way back the 2 other guys kinda brought out the squid in me, hit top speed of 109

DennyV
September 10th, 2012, 05:12 PM
i shoulda saved my footy and also did a time lapse thing. didnt think about it nor do i no how to do it but it would have been interesting seeing yours mine and gregs perspectives on the ride. and sorry i didnt stay with you guys, i am a little more spirited for the twisties and wanted a more faster paced group. and on the way back the 2 other guys kinda brought out the squid in me, hit top speed of 109

lol i need to get the survival reactions outta me, being ina car accident and dropping the bike my first time out doesnt help... i think i may need to find a parking lot

DEXSPEED
September 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM
cool vid,may i suggest learning no clutch up-shift it's a nice skill to learn.

Old Lemon
September 10th, 2012, 05:56 PM
^ yes indeed, i still miss a few, sometimes i dont pre load enough and it doesnt shift and then im hitting the rev limiter and just shift normally >.> but it shaved around a second off my 0 - 60 times

Old Lemon
September 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM
denny take your bike off craigslist LOL

DennyV
September 10th, 2012, 06:58 PM
denny take your bike off craigslist LOL

lol im going to, that was back when I wanted a 600 since around my area we mostly ride highway, but after seeing you hang with the 1000s yesterday, i need to learn more so ill be keeping the 250, adding a full exhaust and some sticky tires

Old Lemon
September 10th, 2012, 07:05 PM
sounds like a good plan :thumbup:

Hunsy34
September 17th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Where in PA were you guys riding?