View Full Version : koso gauges in action

ken_here
January 2nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
fancy koso gauges in action right here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmcrAovlfk)

Alex
January 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Nice! Here's another one:

FWCM6VRsFsI

noche_caliente
January 2nd, 2009, 09:37 PM
great, something else for my 'I want it" list!

headshrink
January 4th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Whoever gets one first, PLEASE do a detailed pictorial DIY!!!!

Matty E
January 5th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Hi all,

These were real easy to install though I am an electronics tech so I know my way around a circuit diagram. Hardest bit was taking off the fairings (was the first time I'd taken it all off) and finding somewhere to mount it.

If anyone wants more details send me a PM with questions / requests and I'll do my best to help out. Unfortunatly I was in such a rush to get them installed I'd forgotten to take pics and do up a DIY while I was doing it.

All up took me just under a day to get it done, with a trip to the hardware store as well, so could have been quicker.

Oh, I still have to fill that gap as well. I'm progressing from planning to trying a few different ideas though so hopefully it will not be too much longer and I'll have the finished product.. :)

jjbncmt
January 15th, 2009, 09:51 PM
those are badass

headshrink
January 15th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Could you post pics of how it is mounted?

Matty E
January 16th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Sure thing,

I'll try to get some tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to get the camera at a good angle.

LuckyDog
January 28th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I want a set of these. :eek:

Matty E
January 29th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Hi Heatshrink & all,

Finally managed to get a pretty poor picture of the gauge mounted. It's pretty tight in there so camera had trouble but you sort of can make it out..

Foam in a temporary thing to fill the gap. I have to make time to finish it off but been very busy lately..

aloh
January 30th, 2009, 01:10 AM
man those gauges look SWEET. The ONE thing I would change about the 250R is to have digital instruments! That would make things perfect. Someone do a DIY guide!!

Matty E
April 3rd, 2009, 07:37 AM
Update. The gap has been filled. (1st attempt)

TJ5pT63MisI

Could still use some work but still better than the gap.

py2e
April 3rd, 2009, 07:52 AM
How does the gear indicator work? Is there an external sensor for it? or does it calculate using the speedometer, and rpm?

Rynownd
April 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
I like.

Not a project I'm likely to tackle but it looks good.

Matty E
April 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
How does the gear indicator work? Is there an external sensor for it? or does it calculate using the speedometer, and rpm?

Takes a signal from the speed sensor (has to be electronic but that was converted for the gauge anyway) and RPM and depending on the ratio tells you which gear you're in. There is a programming sequence in the installation where you program the different ratios for each gear. Pretty easy, just press a recessed button on the rear of unit, set number of gears, then drive in each till it learns.

I've found it not too be 100% accurate. I'm not sure if it's because the gears are so close together but sometimes it shows the wrong one. The ratio between 3/4 and 5/6 must be pretty close and it gets confused.

paterick4o8
April 4th, 2009, 10:54 PM
wow this is pretty cool
not sure if I'd spend the time and money on it though... unless there's a great DIY posted about it :D

djindia23
April 7th, 2009, 07:35 AM
does anyone know if these guages have gotten any cheaper... i know a while ago it was like 300 something bucks and thats just money i dont think im willing to put into the bike like that... but we'll see i might want to later...

Dipmode
May 5th, 2009, 09:44 PM
ok so i was thinking is it possible to put like zx6r gauge cluster or another kawi cluster in it instead of putting in koso gauges b/c i know i can get zx6r clusters for like 100$ on ebay ..just wondering anyone has ideas??

Racer x
May 10th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I have the KOSO Rx2 dash.And an Air fuel ratio gauge mounted on my 2008 ninja 250.
So far it is a very nice unit with clock temp and gas gauge all together .
The speedometer is off by less than 1% at 100 mph . measured at Maxton and at Capital Race way In Crofton Md. That is nice . The tack is easy to read at night.

I used the power test feature to run 1/4 mile times . The race track was basically the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5nb7edFT1M

If anyone want to do this mod . I have the wiring stuff figured out . Just PM me.

sharky nrk
May 10th, 2009, 06:14 PM
very very cool

sharky nrk
May 10th, 2009, 06:16 PM
and I am sure 6R gauges can be modified to work, hell anything can be modified to work. its called a soldering iron, schematic, and lots and lots of paitence. is it worth it - thats a personal choice. remember to take into account the different engine configuration though for the electronic tachometer signal if you use a i4 cluster

Racer x
May 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
The koso dash is a piece of cake to install .You can choose any engine 1-12 cyl 2or 4 stroke The instructions are great and the great selection of accessories like water and oil temp senders and speedo pick ups. You can select temp or fuel level . time or temp and where they display . When I ride to work I have a clock and fuel is in the middle.At the track I have water temp in the middle and oil temp above the speed. You can also pick the back ground color from 7 choice colors also.

aG99KWerR88

headshrink
May 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Do you have to hack-up the inner faring?

Racer x
May 16th, 2009, 10:34 AM
No you don't have to cut any of the body.
I made a panel and it just bolts on . I did have to cut my wiring harness off the stock gauge cluster . I can always buy one on EBay. but that is the only thing I had to do that is not reversible.(I could just splice it back I guess.)

One other thing is that the odometer is not settable . It starts at 0 and remembers the distance if you disconnect the battery . But it has two trip meters and all that . I installed mine with 2500 miles so I can just do the math . I will never sell this bike. so it is no big deal now.
And the clock is in 24 hour time . I don't mind it but some people do .

Grn99Kawi
May 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Looks awesome, but is that a AM air fuel gauge? That thing is totally useless... better an analog fuel gauge (unless you want the fuel gauge in the digital display).

It really makes the bike look 'spensive though.. nice work!

Racer x
May 17th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I had this thing laying around so I stuck it in . It is useless. I had to make the panel and I had to weld in an O2 sensor bung for a real gauge .I am going to get one with data recording. can use it to get the jetting right . But in the meantime this is a useless blinking light .

Grn99Kawi
May 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM
that is a nice setup.. is that the LM-1? I was going to get that for one of my cars....

Do you think that you need a WB to tune your 250? Sorry.. I'm not familiar with your mods...

Racer x
May 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I need it to tune my bike for a one mile long run at Maxton.I cant afford to go to a dyno. I have tried to use the one I have but I cant even remember to look at it .. That is why I need data logging.

Dipmode
May 26th, 2009, 12:59 PM
i was installing the gauges and when i was looking around for my wiring diagram for the bike it was gone (my roommate thought it was just a piece of paper ugh) now i got a gauge less bike, i dont know what wiring to connect to what does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 08 250 help!!!!

Racer x
May 26th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Are you installing a koso Rx2? And are you using the wires from the back of the stock dash? If so this is the wires

Dash----------------------------------------- Bike
Fuel green ...........................................Lg/BK
oil light - grey..............................................Bl/R
High beam - Yello.........................................R/Bk
L turn + orange...........................................G
R turn + Blue ..............................................Gy
Neutral - White .............................................LG

ground -Black ...............................................G Bk/Y?
battery Red + .............................................R/BL?
Key Brown + ................................................Br?
tach brown ..................................................Bk?

I am pretty sure about the last four my notes are not clear. If this dose not work let me know.

Matty E
May 27th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Are you installing a koso Rx2? And are you using the wires from the back of the stock dash? If so this is the wires

Dash----------------------------------------- Bike
Fuel green ...........................................Lg/BK
oil light - grey..............................................Bl/R
High beam - Yello.........................................R/Bk
L turn + orange...........................................G
R turn + Blue ..............................................Gy
Neutral - White .............................................LG

ground -Black ...............................................G Bk/Y?
battery Red + .............................................R/BL?
Key Brown + ................................................Br?
tach brown ..................................................Bk?

I am pretty sure about the last four my notes are not clear. If this dose not work let me know.

Looks pretty much what I had, only think that looks different may be the oil light feed..

Dipmode
May 27th, 2009, 06:07 AM
thanks thats helps a lot, im not sure which one is the oil light b/c when i hooked up everything the oil light came on when i switched on the highbeam instead of the highbeam signal, so im still getting the oil figured out. also which one does the purple on connect to? also for some reason the rpm meter isnt working i used the connection that goes into the positive electrode, im pretty sure i hooked it up right but im gonna mess with it today and ill let you know how it goes

Matty E
May 27th, 2009, 07:44 AM
thanks thats helps a lot, im not sure which one is the oil light b/c when i hooked up everything the oil light came on when i switched on the highbeam instead of the highbeam signal, so im still getting the oil figured out. also which one does the purple on connect to? also for some reason the rpm meter isnt working i used the connection that goes into the positive electrode, im pretty sure i hooked it up right but im gonna mess with it today and ill let you know how it goes

Purple one doesn't go anywhere. It's the engine warning light that the bikes with computers have. If you had the FI Ninja it would work I guess though..

cifex
May 27th, 2009, 11:43 AM
You need a scan of the SM?

ricardoxh
May 27th, 2009, 06:24 PM
:mad:Well I just purchased my first bike a Suzuki SV650S and it came with the Koso RX2 gauges. The problem is that the other guy had them installed some time back and never used the bike until I purchased it. I just noticed that the temp sensor is not hooked up to the gauge because it always reads 32 degrees. The temp sensor on the bike only has one black green cable, I tried hooking that up to the gauge but it either reades 240 or back to 32 if I switch the cables around. I think the gauge came with a diffrent sensor, is this the issue? Where can I get the sensor for that gauge?

Thanks for the help I noticed this is a Ninja forum hopefully I wont get kicked out, please help

BlueRaven
May 27th, 2009, 06:38 PM
:welcome: we never refuse to help anyone even if you dont have a ninjette. I hope someone will have the answers you're looking for

Racer x
May 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM
:mad:Well I just purchased my first bike a Suzuki SV650S and it came with the Koso RX2 gauges. The problem is that the other guy had them installed some time back and never used the bike until I purchased it. I just noticed that the temp sensor is not hooked up to the gauge because it always reads 32 degrees. The temp sensor on the bike only has one black green cable, I tried hooking that up to the gauge but it either reades 240 or back to 32 if I switch the cables around. I think the gauge came with a diffrent sensor, is this the issue? Where can I get the sensor for that gauge?

Thanks for the help I noticed this is a Ninja forum hopefully I wont get kicked out, please help

The temp sensors are run on separate wires that plug into the gauge like the speedo pick up but with two pins instead of three. You can get the sensor to screw into your drain plug so it reads oil temp. And they have a hose connection that a water temp sensor screws into .

This is a link to the manufacturer. they have a shopping cart so I guess you can purchase from them but have not tried . Feel free to ask any questions or PM me I don't have a Suzuki wiring diagram but I have all the KOSO stuff.

http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/

ricardoxh
May 28th, 2009, 06:18 AM
So what your are saying is that the stock temp sensor on my bike will not work with the Koso gauge? I guess the Koso gauge originaly came with a temp sensor which replaced the stock sensor, right?

Racer x
May 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Yep the sensor for the koso gauge is special . For the water you order the hose adapter according to the size of your hose and there is a sensor for that adapter. For the oil temp you replace the drain plug .You order either a special bolt the water sensor fits into .Or buy the sensor that replaces the drain plug all together. The drain plug for a 250 ninja is 14x1.50 . That is the bolt size. the part number from KOSO is like **14150
So you will know if it is the right size.

ricardoxh
May 29th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Go it, so I figured out the sensor I need, its p/n BF100100. But turns out KOSO is out of stock and it wont be months till they get new ones. They suck!!!! I can buy an adaptor but its a little more trouble to install it I just need to figure out my hose size. Hey you dont happend to have that particular sensor that you can sell me or would know where else I can get one?

How do you PM?

Racer x
May 29th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Sorry I don't. I need to order the oil sensor for my ninja and the magnetic front brake bolts for the front rotor. I hope I have better luck than you. I got my stuff from Western power sports. Try them or Rockey mountain power sports. They may carry them.

To send a message click on the persons name . That will drop down a dialog box and then select send a personal message .

Matty E
May 31st, 2009, 07:57 AM
Yep the sensor for the koso gauge is special . For the water you order the hose adapter according to the size of your hose and there is a sensor for that adapter. For the oil temp you replace the drain plug .You order either a special bolt the water sensor fits into .Or buy the sensor that replaces the drain plug all together. The drain plug for a 250 ninja is 14x1.50 . That is the bolt size. the part number from KOSO is like **14150
So you will know if it is the right size.

What I did was removed the stock over temp warning light switch (located in the thermostat) and put the Koso sensor there. Once the Koso gauges go on the overtemp switch isn't used anyway. No hose adapter etc needed..

Racer x
May 31st, 2009, 07:00 PM
If the over temp sensor grounds you can hook it to the purple wire on the gauge and it will come on as the EOBD light . If you wanted to .

Matty E
May 31st, 2009, 07:21 PM
If the over temp sensor grounds you can hook it to the purple wire on the gauge and it will come on as the EOBD light . If you wanted to .

You could do that but the gauges have a programmable temp warning for both water and oil anyway.

Racer x
May 31st, 2009, 08:14 PM
Yep ,I forgot about that . So many features it is hard to keep up.

Racer x
June 1st, 2009, 03:45 PM
I was asked about the mount for the dash . I cut a template out of 1/4 inch MDF . I was going to make an aluminum panel but have not found a free piece of aluminum yet . Plus I don't know about the air fuel ratio gauge . I need a better one . So it will do for now.

Anyhow I traced it out from the stock dash and mounted three long bolts with lock bolts . it slides into the stock fairing mounts and the KOSO dash mounts on top of it .

Dipmode
July 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM
does anyone have their setting on their gauge not saving i have to switch it to mph every time i turn it on and my odometer keeps resetting??

yash_dhan
December 5th, 2009, 06:36 AM
can anybody tell the pre requirements to use koso rx2 or the full tutorial to mount it on 4 stroke bike plz help anybody

ztrack157
December 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM
The standard koso unit needs a mounting plate and wiring done. There are however some units which come in plug in play form with the plate for the Ninja 250r.

Delta107
December 5th, 2009, 10:59 PM
The standard koso unit needs a mounting plate and wiring done. There are however some units which come in plug in play form with the plate for the Ninja 250r.

More info? On the plug and play with the plate!

ztrack157
December 6th, 2009, 02:34 AM
I can get them. The thing is I'm not sure how reliable Koso units are. I have heard there have been some issues with a few units on a couple different bikes.

Racer x
December 6th, 2009, 05:35 AM
The dash comes with a bracket. The overall quality of the unit seems very good to me. I have used mine for 4500 miles and had no issues at all. As for plug and play. It is a simple thing to wire up. Most of the sensors have there own plug. and they sell sensors that bolt in.Like an oil drain plug with the sensor built in.

Ken08Ninja
December 17th, 2009, 02:26 AM
My KOSO RX-1N gauge has been flawless so far, I've had it now for about 4000 miles.

newrider74
December 23rd, 2009, 06:49 PM
not sure if you're all aware, but you can order the koso gauge combo with volt meter and dash bracket for $370 + shippings, which comes to $500 since it's being shipped from indonesia. i plan to order one in a few months.

http://i42.tinypic.com/34obwau.jpg

ztrack157
December 23rd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Newrider ya its $500 if you by it yourself. Not if you get it through me then its about $50cheaper. I have the direct indonesian hook up.

ztrack157
December 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Lol I know somebody whose been lurking on the indo 250 boards

wayanlam
December 23rd, 2009, 11:37 PM
i was really tempted to get this as well a while back, i can get the CF (not sure if its a CF look or real CF) bracket, the volt meter, and the Koso 2 gauge for 3.500.000 Rp which is like $368 installed.

but i came across someone that had it on their 250r, and they said that the speedo was not accurate... which is the opposite of what Eric said, lol

im quite sure that its based on the same method that bicycle speedo's work, with a magnet and sensor. usually you need to set the diameter of the wheel, since that defines the distance per revolution.

maybe the guy didn't know what he was doing or there was something wrong with the gauge, but i saw that he put on 2 magnets on the wheel rather than one, LOL... he said that with 1 magnet the speed seemed too slow, with 3 it was too fast, so he settled with 2...

i thought it was a little funny that such an advanced piece of equipment would have such a basic problem. could be that they didn't read the instruction manual? :D

if the speed and the RPM, ETC is actually accurate, then i would still be interested to get this eventually.

ive seen it in person on 2 ninja 250s now, and it does indeed look good!! i might be tempted to replace the volt meter with a compas or something though, ha ha ha... i don't see the use of a voltmeter :rolleyes:

Ken08Ninja
December 24th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Wayan, he did not properly set the tire circumference when setting up the gauge. I have verified my KOSO gauge with a GPS it is accurate.

wayanlam
December 24th, 2009, 01:08 AM
rofl, well then the guys that set the gauge up for the bike are a bit Nooby :D

ill tell the mechanic that he has to dig deeper into the instruction manual next time i see him.

the poor guy is riding around with totally wrong settings and 2 magnets on his tire, lolol

well that just qualified the Koso gauge back onto my wish list, ;)

ztrack157
December 24th, 2009, 02:24 AM
The only issues I have heard of dealt with the rpm gauge.

Keratsiniotis18
January 28th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hi. I just bought the koso for my ninja.So can you tell me about the rpm wire(who I can install it) the energy wires and what extra I have to by to work.You said about the oil but what about the water and the temp????And about the other wires for example the high beam light has two wires a red on and a black on. That wire I have to take?

ztrack157
January 28th, 2010, 11:51 AM
PM racer x he'll know

Keratsiniotis18
January 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Yes I know. I just wrote it here for other stupid guys like myself

Racer x
January 28th, 2010, 08:27 PM
PM me . If you need help I will go look for my diagrams in the mean time.

wellcraft
January 28th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I'm interested in a kit, where can I get one? Do I need to buy sensors or can we use the ones from the bike? What are all the parts needed to install one of this?

What about that plug and play?

Keratsiniotis18
January 29th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Racer why dont you upload a photos of the wires connecting to each other.......:D

wellcraft
January 31st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Does this gauge has a gear indicator?

Ken08Ninja
January 31st, 2010, 03:38 PM
Does this gauge has a gear indicator?

Nope, it displays speed, 2 trip meters, 2 temperature sensors, gas gauge, shift light, clock, speed tests, and top speed.

Link to specs on RX1N http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/fCMSBackend/imgRoot/specs/ba011b02.jpg

Link to specs on RX2N http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/fCMSBackend/imgRoot/specs/ba010001.jpg

wellcraft
January 31st, 2010, 03:57 PM
What's the difference between the 2?

Nope, it displays speed, 2 trip meters, 2 temperature sensors, gas gauge, shift light, clock, speed tests, and top speed.

Link to specs on RX1N http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/fCMSBackend/imgRoot/specs/ba011b02.jpg

Link to specs on RX2N http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/fCMSBackend/imgRoot/specs/ba010001.jpg

Ken08Ninja
January 31st, 2010, 04:37 PM
What's the difference between the 2?

Did you click the links? They are shaped differently, and are different size. They both display the same things just differently.

wellcraft
January 31st, 2010, 04:56 PM
I clicked on the links and notice the difference, I was just wondering about functionality, but you just answer my question about that.

Thanks dude.

Did you click the links? They are shaped differently, and are different size. They both display the same things just differently.

gogoKawi
February 1st, 2010, 02:56 AM
There is no "plug-n-play" option for the gauges that's offered by Koso. I spoke with a rep at the motorcycle show. He basically said you have to make your own template for the gauge. It wasn't economically feasible to create them for each bike model offered. But, the gauges look really good in person.

Racer x
February 1st, 2010, 10:27 AM
In Addition to the gauge you need a couple things. You need a pipe thing that the the water temp sensor screws into.
The hose on the left side of the bike going to the radiator is perfect. It is 22mm inside diameter. When you order from KOSO the size is the part number so the 22 mm hose adapter is part number "M22"

for the oil temp there is a sensor that replaces the drain bolt . The bolt is 14X1.50mm so the part number is "14mp15X15"

There are special bolts for the brake rotor but they are not needed . The size is 8x1.25X27 mm So the part number should be the same but I am not sure.

Other than that the gauge comes complete and is very good quality.

2WheelGuy
February 1st, 2010, 11:07 AM
This is an interesting thread. I never knew about Koso gauges before reading this. I really hate the dinky tach on the 08+ models. I like to know where my revs are at. If I can't get used to it when I test my bike on the track next month I may spring for a set of these. I'm liking the RX2-NR GP style set for $200. They don't seem to have a neutral light but I can live without that.

wellcraft
February 1st, 2010, 11:10 AM
where are you getting that price?

2WheelGuy
February 1st, 2010, 11:23 AM
where are you getting that price?

From the Koso website:
http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/

wellcraft
February 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM
OK guys, I talk to Matt ztrack157 about Koso gauge RX2 and he offered me the gauge for $460. He said if I do a GB and get and additional 5 members, he would do it for $430 shipped. This is a PLUG and PLAY kind of kit. You only need to wire in the ground and the power lead, then install the speed sensor that it comes with. It also includes a new cover to replace the old cluster with the plastic trim and a new volt gauge.

The gauge alone cost about $380 with out the cover and is not plug and play.

PM me if you need additional info, let's going to get this this rolling, is a great deal.

JR ~~~><((((*>

ztrack157
February 1st, 2010, 01:24 PM
It is the one like Racer X has. For the GB

2WheelGuy
February 1st, 2010, 01:59 PM
Found these 250r parts from Koso. If I go for their gauge I will probably order their adapter board if it is not too expensive. Haven't found a price for it.

wellcraft
February 1st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Picture

Racer x
February 1st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Just another teaser for the gauge . This one is set to yellow to match my new paint. There are about eight different back light colors to choose .
And a neutral light
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JiidItOldc

wellcraft
February 4th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Ok guys, I'm willing to buy my gage up front and post pics and a DIY to see if I get some more interest on this gauge. Members interested on the kit can post here http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=137567#post137567 or PM me.

wellcraft
February 4th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I spoke to someone from Koso and he told me that they can put the actual mileage of the bike onto the new gauge. The gauge has to be send to Koso directly.

Racer x
February 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM
That is cool . If I ever have a problem I will have them add 2500 miles to the existing milage. Hope that never happpens.

garyboy_palaboy
February 5th, 2010, 09:56 PM
hi guys!

did anyone successfully installed a gear indicator by using koso rx2 clocks???

its not hard to connect the RPM wire to the indicator since its obvious where to find it in the bike. but the speed sensor of the koso rx2 (or other koso clocks) have 3 wires: red, black, brown (not sure about brown...about 90%).

my question is, with these three wires in the koso's speed sensor is the signal which to be connected to the gear indicator??? :(

i have one installed on my bike, a koso rx2, but i dont want to get my bike short circuited or wrong connection....

hope someone can give me a hand on my problem....

thanks!

Racer x
February 6th, 2010, 05:36 AM
The RX2 has no gear indicator .The clock is integrated into the circuitry and the speed sensor uses its own wiring that is factory sealed.
I am afraid there is some confusion .?

garyboy_palaboy
February 6th, 2010, 06:49 AM
The RX2 has no gear indicator .The clock is integrated into the circuitry and the speed sensor uses its own wiring that is factory sealed.
I am afraid there is some confusion .?

i have two different things to install, one a KOSO RX2 and the other is a DATATOOL gear indicator.

aside from the neutral wire, positive wire, negative wire, the programming wire, theres the RPM and Speed sensor wire to connect to the gear indicator.

all of those from the wires from the gear indicator is not that difficult to find, but the Speed Sensor wire will be quite a challenge especially if you are using an aftermarket clock like KOSO.

now the speed sensor of a RX2 has three main wires inside (i unwrap some portion to the sensor wire) theres a red, black and brown (not 100% sure if its brown, but i bet they are three).

my question is, to which three wires i have to connect the speed sensor wire of DATATOOL to the Koso RX2 sensor wire????

Racer x
February 6th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Could you use a separate pick up for the gear indicator? What dose the gear indicator come with? Some company sells a mechanical speedo adapter that coverts the gear drive to a speedo signal. Maybe yellow box or speedo healer. Or even Koso .

garyboy_palaboy
February 6th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Could you use a separate pick up for the gear indicator? What dose the gear indicator come with? Some company sells a mechanical speedo adapter that coverts the gear drive to a speedo signal. Maybe yellow box or speedo healer. Or even Koso .

The gear indicator comes only with the unit, its a universal gear indicator i have.

The only problem is to pick the right wire from the KOSO speed sensor.

Posted via Mobile Device

Racer x
February 6th, 2010, 08:38 AM
The gear indicator comes only with the unit, its a universal gear indicator i have.

The only problem is to pick the right wire from the KOSO speed sensor.

Posted via Mobile Device

The problem is the speedometer sensor and temp sensors are made of sealed wires that are sealed at the plug ends.

Has anyone else run a gear indicator with out the Koso dash?

garyboy_palaboy
February 6th, 2010, 04:58 PM
The problem is the speedometer sensor and temp sensors are made of sealed wires that are sealed at the plug ends.

Has anyone else run a gear indicator with out the Koso dash?

but if you will try to unwrap the speed sensor cable, you will see three wires on it.

logically, one of the three wires are for the pulse for the speed reading, others are supply power.

the only problem is to pick the right wire from the koso speed sensor cable.

Racer x
February 6th, 2010, 05:51 PM
but if you will try to unwrap the speed sensor cable, you will see three wires on it.

logically, one of the three wires are for the pulse for the speed reading, others are supply power.

the only problem is to pick the right wire from the koso speed sensor cable.

I understand what you mean. It would take DVM or scope to figure out the wiring of the speedo. It should be an ac signal