View Full Version : Reportin for duty sah!

Gregular
January 3rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Howdy!

Just checkin in as..... yup you guessed it. I'm a kkim recruit too. :D
I'm gettin the feeling that kkim's recruting powers reach far and wide! :eek:
This could almost become a cult thing like the urban achievers from Lebowski fest, should get a badge or a secret handshake going lol

I'd love to be able to introduce my bike as well, but I'm still waiting (5 months now) and each day seems like an eternity :( so all I have to show is a bunch of parts that I stare longingly at pretty much each day. Still not long now, the dealers promise me early January

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo186/Gregular768/DSC00078.jpg?t=1231011346

See ya

Greg

kkim
January 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Aloha and welcome, Greg. :)

Nice collection of gear and parts you have waiting. Color of bike that is so long overdue?

mahalo
:)

Alex
January 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
:welcome: Hope the machine comes in soon!

Gregular
January 3rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
If all goes well, it should be black, so I'm guessing that as were into 2009 it will be the metallic diablo black. The good news is that the dealer has confirmed they are going to honour the 2008 price that I put the deposit down for.

Then, soon as it turns up... its straight to the garage for some cosmetic upgrades (with performance upgrades to follow once the engines been run in) :D

I'm hoping that it will be fairly unique over here in the uk as I have a fair few parts that I've had flown in from the states like the tapeworks generic lightning kit in reflective black. It should look good (I hope) especially at night with all reflective lightning, rimtape and kinja writing

And as soon as its arrived I can send off exchange parts so I can get fryedchicken's LED footpegs and have this seat made

http://www.bagster.com/newcata/5159ZLAV.jpg

Just on a quick personal note to kkim, thanks for all the info and guides. Dude you rock! You may not know it, as I haven't posted that much, but you've given me hours of quality information along with the rest of the forum to help me get to this point.

Cheers :D

kkim
January 3rd, 2009, 01:45 PM
Greg,

Glad to be of help. :)

My input cannot go unrecognized w/o acknowledging the many others that have posted helpful info as well. We have collectively grown as a "family", learning about the new gen 250R and it's been a "unique" collaboration of individuals that weren't content to "leave well enough alone" that has brought all members the fruit of our restlessness. I cannot take any credit alone, but I have been happy to help when ever I could. I'm happy to hear you could benefit from our stumbling and mumblings. :D

Mahalo, sir.

Sailariel
January 3rd, 2009, 03:31 PM
Greg, Welcome to our family. At this rate this will become, if it has not already, the penultimate Ninja website. The amount of data amassed on this site puts Kawasaki`s Shop manual to shame.

BlueTyke
January 3rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
welcome to the board!

noche_caliente
January 3rd, 2009, 05:29 PM
welcome!