View Full Version : me on my 250 at the track

Kurosaki
January 3rd, 2009, 03:33 PM
Just finished editing and uploading this video.

First time playing with any editing software but I think it came out alright.

I ran intermediate (B) group this time instead of novice (C) group. I did OK I think for my 4th trackday.:thumbup:

AL_JUfB-kZ0

:thumbup:

Alex
January 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Looking good out there! Looks like you're having fun as well. I edited the post so the vid was embedded, let me know if you preferred it to just be a link.

Kurosaki
January 3rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
embedded is even better!

thanks! :D

kkim
January 3rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
kuro,

what track and date was that? looks like fun!

BlueTyke
January 3rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Wow! Looks fun! I like the song too!

Kurosaki
January 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
kuro,

what track and date was that? looks like fun!

Streets of Willow Springs (like it says at the beginning:p) This was on the 5th of December.

It's a good track for our bikes. I don't even get out of 5th on the front straight.

kkim
January 3rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
And this is a different track than Willow Springs?

Broom
January 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
video came out nice... can't stand that music though ;)

i think i might try duct taping my crap video camera to my gas tank when i get out to the track in feb

Alex
January 3rd, 2009, 07:19 PM

There are a couple separate racetracks on that same piece of land. The 3 that I know of are:

- "The Big Track", also referred to as just Willow Springs, or alternatively "The fastest track in the West"

- The Streets of Willow, which is a smaller, tighter track where light good-handling bikes have more of a chance

- The Horsethief Mile, which is a reasonably new short track (1 mile), but is supposed to be quite fun.

More info here (http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/trackinformation/maps.asp).

Kurosaki
January 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM

There are a couple separate racetracks on that same piece of land. The 3 that I know of are:

- "The Big Track", also referred to as just Willow Springs, or alternatively "The fastest track in the West"

- The Streets of Willow, which is a smaller, tighter track where light good-handling bikes have more of a chance

- The Horsethief Mile, which is a reasonably new short track (1 mile), but is supposed to be quite fun.

More info here (http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/trackinformation/maps.asp).

Yeah. Big Willow is the 2.5 mile track with 9 turns. Streets is 1.7 with more turns! The last turn before the front straight is also a skid pad. It's really bumpy and strange. That's the turn where I almost high sided.

They have a go kart course too, I think.

The big track is much less 250 friendly :p You can see after you come onto the back straight, it's pretty much all power until turn 1. When I rode there, I'm basically topping out the bike for half the time. I liked streets so much more but big track is where they do the 250 cup races.

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/trackinformation/TrackMap.jpg

Kurosaki
January 3rd, 2009, 07:37 PM
video came out nice... can't stand that music though ;)

i think i might try duct taping my crap video camera to my gas tank when i get out to the track in feb

Please do! I'd love to see 250 videos from other tracks.

kkim
January 3rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
what did you use for a camera mount? vid came out nice and steady. I like that the speedo is in the field of vision. :)

camera used?

Kurosaki
January 3rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
It's one of those gopro bike/car cameras. I actually borrowed it from my friend I was at the track with. I just used it for a session. It's mounted with a suction cup. right in front of the gas tank. Just good enough to see the gauges without taking too much space for tuck and body movement.

kkim
January 3rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
Was that the normal or wide angle lens one? I've been looking at them, but they seem to have battery issues. :(

Kurosaki
January 3rd, 2009, 08:23 PM
I think it's the normal lens? I don't think I would buy one myself unless they were substantially cheaper.

stroked59
January 4th, 2009, 08:35 PM
the horse is great for setting up for some drift, autocross. been out there a few times with buds from BDL industries and Eibac. i need to get more experience and maybe go ride out, that looks realy fun

minizoom
January 5th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Great vid! Can't wait to go there this spring.

Bill N
January 22nd, 2009, 02:52 PM
Enjoyed the video...Thanks for posting.
Bill

Strider
January 23rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
<--- Envious ... I wanna hit the track myself !!!!

aloh
January 25th, 2009, 02:41 AM
cool vid! Looks like lots of fun.