View Full Version : Going Bonkers

BlueTyke
January 4th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Babblings of a mad motorcycle woman...

Hi. My name is Sunny. I suffer from a bad bad bad bad case of Motorcycleitis. The normal treatment for such suffering is twenty bucks in my pocket and a day to explore. But due to circumstances beyond my personal control my treatment was halted for maintenance while they worked out the level of dosage I had used. Well the doctors finally blessed me with the return of my medication. I thought with the return of the medication would make me feel better, comforted, or at least a slight bit calmer but alas I fear my addiction may be stronger than I thought! For the doctors in their infinite slowness put me back on treatment to late. While I fully support my slow and tenuous recovery from Motorcyclitis I know a lost cause when I see one, let alone feel like one. The cold has settled around me and my humble portion of the country. So not only did I have to weather out the last few good months of my treatment but now I am stuck.

I find myself fixedly watching the weather channel. Waiting for the beautiful weather I know is hiding out here somewhere. Come on thermometer! Just above 60 degrees! Just for an hour or two! Please!

I have had to stop myself from pacing the room like a caged animal waiting to be free. Waiting for spring. Waiting.... All adventures on hold.

Now for those of you thinking that I am in fact insane, I am not. I am a California Native. Born and raised. Bred to feed off of warm sunshine, cold nights. I liked it this way. Any day of the year one could jump on the prescription and be gone with it. Cured, for at least that day. Now though I am in exile. Transplanted to the coldest of the cold (excluding Alaska and Minnesota I hear it is really cold there). The East Coast. Where during the summer it gets hotter than Hades and the winters get colder than I deem comfortable. To go from total freedom of an endless treatment to waiting for my next dose is not pleasant. I do not wish this on anyone.

Enjoy what you have as the Winter here hasn't even fully started yet...

I will struggle to put one foot in front of the other as I sit looking at my medication waiting for the day that the sun shines through the clouds lighting a new path to a new adventure...

Sunny, the sane.... maybe.
:p

noche_caliente
January 4th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Sunny - now you see why I was lulled into thinking 36* wasn't THAT cold, I mean it was sunny and there wasn't any wind...... well, it really wasn't THAT bad, except that my tires could not get warm and I felt like I nearly killed myself a few times when the back would start to slide out!

BlueTyke
January 4th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Uggghhh... if it wasnt for the fact that I cannot afford heated gear... and good gloves... I would still try... Just for a little bit...

kkim
January 4th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Partial medication fix... think warm thoughts. With a name like Sunny, I would think you would be a radiating source of warmth. :)

Until spring comes, here's something to keep you going

http://nature.wallpaperme.com/2057-2/Haena+Beach_+Kauai_+Hawaii.jpg

BlueTyke
January 4th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Aww man! Could you imagine scuba diving in that water!! You are one lucky man!

kkim
January 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Sorry... it's not even my pic, but something off the web of a beach of the island I'm on. When I have the time, I'll snap some of my own pics of the beaches around here.

Sunny... hope your disease gets better soon. :(

BlueTyke
January 4th, 2009, 02:55 PM
You are a bad bad man Kim! :D

kkim
January 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Thank you!! :p

BlueTyke
January 4th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Your welcome. Hehehe

kkim
January 4th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I tried to PM you some warmth and sunshine from Hawaii... did you get it? :)

BlueTyke
January 4th, 2009, 07:10 PM
No... :(

kkim
January 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
oh... I guess it doesn't work then. :(

ALEEEEXXX!!!! Fix your PM system... it won't let me send warmth and sunshine to Sunny!! ;)

Alex
January 4th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Try faxing it to her. :)

BlueTyke
January 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
LOL you guys are great!

zartan
January 4th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Sunny I feel your pain:( It is freaking snowing here again. It doesn't hardly snow in the Puget sound maybe for a day or two or three NOT 3 weeks . ommmm I hope you get to CA soon.
KKim that picture is brutal. oOUCH :cool:

Sailariel
January 12th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Sunny, Kelly`s beach shot was outstanding. I too, miss the warmer climate. We sailed Ariel III south every fall for 12 years. We are now caring for my 86 year old father-in-law which limits our mobility. This morning it was four below zero. I do have the luxury of a heated 30`x30` garage. It gives me a chance to work on bicycles (I build racers) and polish my Ninjette--also have projects for the Ninjette. Next month you should get warmer and you will be over the hump. All you have to do is get to the middle of March. I have a friend who lives in Silver Spring, MD who rides a Bimmer. He keeps me posted on the weather there. He rides up to Maine in the summer to go sailing with us. You are always welcome. Great riding and great sailing here.

Broom
January 12th, 2009, 03:51 PM
try being a track junkie... the off season is torture. no chance of riding in site. bike is getting new go fast goodies and you can't even take it out for a ride since it has no headlights, tailights, speedo, horn or plates.

at least the weather was nice yesterday and i got to take the dirbike out for a spin. I'm paying for it today though. my whole body hurts.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3519/3189624880_c418fc9abb_m.jpg

kazam58
January 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I feel your pain, Sunny. Occasionally I throw on my helmet just because I miss it. It's been out of season for almost two months now here. And apparently the high on Wednesday is supposed to be -2 degrees. Oh joy.

KJohnson21
January 12th, 2009, 06:43 PM
It sounds like a variation of 'cabin fever'. Maybe we should call it 'cage fever', because the only way you can get around is by using a cage. :)

TnNinjaGirl
January 12th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Went riding today Sunny, hehe. Unfortunately it didn't get much higher than like 40 degrees. I even dragged poor KnoxNinja out of bed to ride with me. We both wore pj pants under other pants, which tends to help me at least. At the very least I can think of my warm bed in my warm apartment with a warm cup of hot chocolate while I'm freezing to death. No pain, no gain as they say. Keep the fingers warm and all is good.

Kelly, I think you should be reprimanded for teasing us like that, or at the very least clear your garage out so we all have a place to stay when we visit. lol.

kkim
January 12th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I'm still trying to get past the "I even dragged KnoxNinja out of bed... " :D

TnNinjaGirl
January 12th, 2009, 07:08 PM
From a distance mind you... For some reason guys sleep late, meanwhile I was at work wrestling a vacuum leak on a 740iL. He was sleeping and I called and said we should go for a ride... I give up, no use in explaining. He's going to see this thread and I'm going to get in trouble. lol. I'm blaming this on you Kelly!!!! lol

kkim
January 12th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Oh, I believe you. :rolleyes: ...but will the rest of the forum? :D

You went for a ride and you took no pics? :wtf:

TnNinjaGirl
January 12th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I know, and I just got a new Nikon D40 on Saturday. Shame on me. It was just West Knoxville though, trust me, you are not missing a thing. Cars, cows and crows buddy, that's it. Though when it warms up and I learn how to use it I'll get you some good pictures of the Smokies and all of those pretty East TN things people drive and fly from thousands of miles away to see. I guess the cows are prettier here, who knows?

BlueTyke
January 12th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Well I am glad other people are feeling it to... And some are crazy enough to still go out...

zartan
January 12th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Oh my gosh an all day 40 for me is too cold..I am a mamby pamby for sure. I ache for days.
We just got a new back pack for the camera, but still is bulky to haul around.
Usually put it in the tank bag.What do you guys use??
BTW tnNinja, Throttle Rocket's Folks (my inlaws)live in Seiverville.(sp)?
We like TN. Not enough to move there but it is pretty.
crows rock! btw

conchwanab
January 13th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Ohio spring seems to take forever to get here as well.We just got 9 inches of snow 2 days ago and are expected to get another 3 to 5 today with single digit temps.We might get to ride in mid March or early April but going stir crazy waiting for those summer 80 degree temps!!

TnNinjaGirl
January 13th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Zartan, you also live in a beautiful place. When we stepped out of the plane my sister said it was like Tennessee but in high definition. Ya'lls air is so much cleaner. Sevierville is a nice little place. Great riding roads up there. The tourism/terrorism season is a little too much to handle though. It's great to have visitors enjoy where you live and love but some people are just rude. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are pretty great too. Once again, tourists can be an issue. As for carrying my camera, I haven't carried it yet. I'll probably just use a back pack.

Good weather to everyone and safe riding!!

KnoxNinja
January 13th, 2009, 06:13 AM
From a distance mind you... For some reason guys sleep late, meanwhile I was at work wrestling a vacuum leak on a 740iL. He was sleeping and I called and said we should go for a ride... I give up, no use in explaining. He's going to see this thread and I'm going to get in trouble. lol. I'm blaming this on you Kelly!!!! lol

:lol:

It's not as good as it sounds. Hey, I reserve the right to sleep late on my day off. What's sad is that I actually had to brush the frost off of my seat before I rode home. That's pretty sickening. And Kelly posting pictures of his backyard up there really isn't making us feel any better!

Alex
January 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
At the risk of Bluetyke calling in an airstrike, I just had to let you all know what a gorgeous day it is today. I just got back inside from washing all 3 bikes in the driveway; some of them were starting to look a litte non-shiny. :) No wind, bright blue clear sky, mid-70's. When you moving back, Sunny? ;)

barrypz
January 14th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I would settle for a day with no ice on the road. This wnter has been the worst I can remember in a long time for riding (in Connecticut).
Barry

BlueTyke
January 15th, 2009, 06:57 AM
At the risk of Bluetyke calling in an airstrike, I just had to let you all know what a gorgeous day it is today. I just got back inside from washing all 3 bikes in the driveway; some of them were starting to look a litte non-shiny. :) No wind, bright blue clear sky, mid-70's. When you moving back, Sunny? ;)

Alex... You are an evil evil man... :devil:

I really would love to move back but as it is I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future. I am working on getting back for a visit. Everytime I get a little saved up to get a plane ticket something goes wrong... Isn't that how it always works? :confused:

noche_caliente
January 15th, 2009, 07:13 PM
well, we have two bikes in the garage right now, so I took them out for a spin on Monday - it was a down0right balmy 33.8* when I came inside! Talk about toasty! Compared to the 11.2* we have right now, it was like summer! Oh well, the current temps were good enough to keep me home from work tomorrow!
The hubby is getting addicted enough that he took mine for a spin as well... you know we have it bad!

kazam58
January 15th, 2009, 08:27 PM
you're lucky you can at least ride when it's cold. Here, when it's cold, it means there's a layer of snow on the roads permanently, which would equate to a very very bad riding experience :p