View Full Version : What backpack ya got, and what's in it?

Asspire
September 17th, 2012, 08:44 AM
So it's getting cold up here and I've gotta get my cold gear in order. I always ride with my backpack since I use the bike as a daily commuter and need to stow my work gear. I got a Oxford Aeropack which is not too bad, could use some more storage compartments but overall pretty good. Also its waterproof, 1 hour on the highway in a thunderstorm and everything stayed dry. Now I wanna "restock" it for winter and this is what I have in it so far:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj173/modfaction/WP_000216.jpg

also carry a high vis vest, water and clothes, depending on temp. Looking for suggestions on what else to carry. what do you guys ride with? or is a must have?

rabies
September 17th, 2012, 11:08 AM
i have a multicam assualt bag
gloves
jacket liner
tums
rags
gerber multitool
fire starter
pistol
water bottle
clear safety glasses
garage door opener
insurance/registration
ear plugs
pet rat

Kevin2109
September 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Axio Swift

Pics below

dead bodies...

rabies
September 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM
open it up cuz!

...seriously though. id like to see the inside of a bag like that

ryan.chin
September 17th, 2012, 11:17 AM
http://www.oakley.com/a/20/8b/BAh7CWkKIgwzNjh4NTI3aQtsKwfU9tlPaQdpC2kIaQOBuQI.jpg?class=zoomer-img-main+OneLinkNoTx&mpdistrans=alt

Just random ****.

Kevin2109
September 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
open it up cuz!

...seriously though. id like to see the inside of a bag like that

I can fit a lot of stuff in it, a lot more then you could imagine. I will say its not the most spacious backpack ever made, but it does a great job at cutting the air, I much prefer riding with this backpack then any others that I have tried

How it looks right now:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3365/20120917111628hdr.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/20120917111628hdr.jpg/)

Inside:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2370/20120917111646.jpg (http://img689.imageshack.us/i/20120917111646.jpg/)

The hump pocket, its holds a lot:

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/624/20120917111653.jpg (http://img805.imageshack.us/i/20120917111653.jpg/)

csmith12
September 17th, 2012, 11:49 AM
pet rat

Mr. Whiskers? lol

Asspire
September 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
i was thinking more of stuff you use in an emergency, or should have. I fit everything in the side compartments and have the main pack pretty much empty for what ever i need to carry, from take out to engine oil. I was thinking maybe some of those Heet pack things, or those dry food packs. Anyone here ride in the cold much???

Panda
September 17th, 2012, 10:05 PM
gun?
Tire pressure gauge?
Replace flashlight and batteries with a wind up flashlight
Get one of those wind up generators for charging a cell phone
Sunglasses
Extra earplugs
Duct tape

Firehorse
September 17th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Hmm, nice wake up call. When I have my backpack, it's for my camera equipment or I'm off to the grocery store.

All I normally carry is my papers and my phone in my jacket, my wallet and my roadside assistance number. :o

Yes I should probably carry a flashlight at least.

tapdiggy
September 17th, 2012, 10:26 PM
For work: An Eddie Bauer backpack from middle/high school days; carries an insulated hoodie, a wipe cloth (old shorty sock), pens, neck ties, odds and ends.

For not work: Ful (long U, with the line over it:confused:); carries a tire gauge, contents of my pockets while riding, usually a shirt or coat, often a nickel.

http://ful.com/productimages/60731145620/1t.jpg

azimmer11
September 18th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Alpinestars Connection (http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/ALPINESTARS-CONNECTION-BACKPACK)

Water
Keys
Phone
Wallet
Sweatshirt

lgk
September 18th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Energy bar
Drink
Tire plugs
Air compressor
Extra glove
Rain gear
Extra hose
Extra fastener
Zipties
Cotton rag
Plexus
Pen
Pad
Usb cables
Sunglasses

Stickers for pasting on twisty warning signs

Firehorse
October 4th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Energy bar
Drink
Tire plugs
Air compressor
Extra glove
Rain gear
Extra hose
Extra fastener
Zipties
Cotton rag
Plexus
Pen
Pad
Usb cables
Sunglasses

Stickers for pasting on twisty warning signs[

??

lgk
October 5th, 2012, 05:14 AM
??

Alex.s Come up with a good idea to put them on the back of some warning signs for curvy roads.
have some of stickers from Alex's memorial in my pack in case the opportunity happens.

beerhalffull
October 5th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I've always got a Chrome bag on. I've owned three now and they're great. It's basically a clown bag that can fit everything on a daily trip. I sometimes pack for a few days in my bag and head up to LA or down to San Diego. When I'm not traveling around it's basically got an iPad and sunglasses inside. :thumbup:

I don't really pack tools or anything else needed to fix a bike.

http://urbancyclery.co.uk/image/cache/data/bags/chrome-metropolis-black-white-700x700.jpg

alex.s
October 5th, 2012, 11:37 AM
random backpack filled with:
earplugs
glove liners
gopro

front tool bag:
duct tape
zip ties
cotter pins
safetywire
allen wrench set
channel locks
small crescent wrench
small flat head screw driver
flash light

CC Cowboy
October 5th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I hate carrying anything. I put my cell and wallet in the under seat compartment (so I have nothing in my pockets) and don't use a tank bag or backpack. I like to be agile.

bfpower
October 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Ogio Sprocket.

- First Aid Kit
- tire pressure gauge
- carmex
- gold bond
- wallet
- extra pair of socks
- water (on longer rides)
- laptop and charger (when commuting)
- mini-maglite
- kindle fire (on longer rides)
- phone charger or spare battery
- shoes (on trips to the golf course)

YunMing
October 5th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Icon urban tank bag with just work clothes. I probably should buy a tool kit.

Minikin_Jo
October 5th, 2012, 12:32 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/392383_460617803982351_1992294265_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/398999_456751407702324_2131861579_n.jpg

I carry eye drops, chapstick, my glasses, tissue, wallet, registration, phone, and whatever else whomever I'm riding with decides to toss in there.

RockyCapone
October 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Its ironic but my gym clothes, cell phone, and a pack of smokes. Damn i gotta quit that.

Bassman
October 5th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Rapid Transit Shrapnel Back Pack. I'm quite happy with it. A good compromise between too big and too small with lots of storage places. I have most of the stuff you have plus a loptop and more med supplies.

Firehorse
October 6th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Alex.s Come up with a good idea to put them on the back of some warning signs for curvy roads.
have some of stickers from Alex's memorial in my pack in case the opportunity happens.

Brilliant! I've got one inside my jacket, there's one at Calabogie race track and yep, there are some awesome roads that could use some good vibes. I'll put one on this one:

Firehorse
October 6th, 2012, 10:13 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/392383_460617803982351_1992294265_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/398999_456751407702324_2131861579_n.jpg

I carry eye drops, chapstick, my glasses, tissue, wallet, registration, phone, and whatever else whomever I'm riding with decides to toss in there.
Love it!

jwollam
October 7th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I've got a Targus laptop backpack bag that I use for daily commuting.
During the week I have:
Laptop
Cell phone
Wallet
Change of clothes
Deodorant & cologne (very important when wearing full gear and coming into work during the hot months, moistened baby wipes work great too for quick clean ups when I get to work.)
Extra pair of gloves.

For weekends I have a 3 liter camelback mule that I use, it's usually got:
3 liters of water (I drink alot of water)
Wallet (with AAA card!)
Cell Phone
Cash (very important!)
Pistol in conceal holster & extra magazine
Small first aid kit
Small point and shoot camera (canon power shot works great)

RockyCapone
October 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
A few minutes just a 12 pack of blue moo
n. Thats all.

bdavison
October 7th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Fly Racing backpack...

Usually, it has my macbook pro, frogg toggs, cellphone, and whatever else of kit I need for the trip.

siebadn
October 8th, 2012, 02:13 PM
For not work: Ful (long U, with the line over it:confused:); carries a tire gauge, contents of my pockets while riding, usually a shirt or coat, often a nickel.

I love my Ful! Right now mine has my iPad, composition notebook, pens and pencils, wallet, and small snacks.

Bob2010
October 8th, 2012, 10:30 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/10/7/15/enhanced-buzz-28178-1349639235-4.jpg

psych0hans
October 9th, 2012, 03:34 AM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/10/7/15/enhanced-buzz-28178-1349639235-4.jpg

:allhail:

Minikin_Jo
October 9th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Love it!

Aw, thank you! :D

Robinhood
October 10th, 2012, 11:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Javin028/sharkbag.jpg

It's different every time I open it; seals, rays, various fish, sea birds, and the occasional octopus.

Minikin_Jo
October 10th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Robinhood I like that!

Robinhood
October 10th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Minikin_Jo Thanks! My backpack likes you!

lgk
October 10th, 2012, 12:17 PM
did you get him at sea world?

250rr
October 10th, 2012, 04:25 PM
ICON Squad II Mil Spec Backpack. Carries IPad 3, dress shoes, hat. And flowers to protect me from tailgaters!:thumbup:

Firehorse
October 10th, 2012, 07:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Javin028/sharkbag.jpg

It's different every time I open it; seals, rays, various fish, sea birds, and the occasional octopus.

LOL! Needed that giggle, TY. :)
For halloween you should buy a leg or something to hang out.

ICON Squad II Mil Spec Backpack. Carries IPad 3, dress shoes, hat. And flowers to protect me from tailgaters!:thumbup:

Flowers to protect from tailgaters? Maybe I'm having a moment but you lost me there? :confused:

Dragonracer76
October 10th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I gave up on my kelty red tail backpack (my favorite backpack of all time) because I carry all my books and it kills your back over time so I switched to a rapid transit tank bag. It converts to a backpack when I get to school and since it's magnetic, all i have to do is take if off the tank flip the magnetic flaps under and put it on.

I carry my school books, notebooks, pens, pencils, extra ink, lead, ect. A flashlight, bag rain cover, jacket liner, chain lube spray, day planner, knife with a window punch, a couple of small tools to suppliment the stock kit, a PT cap/beanie, change, nail clippers, thumb drive, and my wallet. I always carry my phone on me in case of a wreck so I don't have to worry about reaching it. It's already helped once.

250rr
October 10th, 2012, 08:14 PM
LOL! Needed that giggle, TY. :)
For halloween you should buy a leg or something to hang out.

Flowers to protect from tailgaters? Maybe I'm having a moment but you lost me there? :confused:

You may be having a moment, but I wasn't clear. :p

It could all be in my mind, but it seems that cager-maniacs are ever so slightly less likely to tailgate me when I have flowers on my pack. Maybe because they think I'm a girl, maybe because if they realize I'm a guy I must be ok 'cause obviously some sweet and/or hot chick gave me flowers.

Now,I admit this could all be in my head. Or, maybe I secretly like flowers on my pack and I use the anti-cager ruse as my cover. In which case, you will never know! Yay flowers! :cheer2: :p

Firehorse
October 10th, 2012, 08:25 PM
You may be having a moment, but I wasn't clear. :p

It could all be in my mind, but it seems that cager-maniacs are ever so slightly less likely to tailgate me when I have flowers on my pack. Maybe because they think I'm a girl, maybe because if they realize I'm a guy I must be ok 'cause obviously some sweet and/or hot chick gave me flowers.

Now,I admit this could all be in my head. Or, maybe I secretly like flowers on my pack and I use the anti-cager ruse as my cover. In which case, you will never know! Yay flowers! :cheer2: :p

Heehee, love the explanation either way. I'm a horticulturist so I have a bias :-)

I find if I tuck in my hair, I don't get tailgated as much as if I leave my hair out. I was under the impression that some rednecks are just freaked out when it's a "girl on a bike!!!:eek:" and that was why they have to crawl up my tail pipes.

Maybe the rednecks think you prefer gentlemen and homophobs think they can catch the "gay-bug" so they give you space?. LOL!
My very manly friend wears a pink helmet at the track because it distracts the other riders. :thumbup:

I like the idea that some hottie gave them to you. :) Perhaps it will make more men buy bikes.

250rr
October 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Heehee, love the explanation either way. I'm a horticulturist so I have a bias :-)

I find if I tuck in my hair, I don't get tailgated as much as if I leave my hair out. I was under the impression that some rednecks are just freaked out when it's a "girl on a bike!!!:eek:" and that was why they have to crawl up my tail pipes.

Maybe the rednecks think you prefer gentlemen and homophobs think they can catch the "gay-bug" so they give you space?. LOL!
My very manly friend wears a pink helmet at the track because it distracts the other riders. :thumbup:

I like the idea that some hottie gave them to you. :) Perhaps it will make more men buy bikes.

I actually like the idea that a hottie gave them to me as well. Only, they're plastic. So if it was a hottie, it was a cheap azz hottie. Wait. That's my favorite kind! :p

250rr
October 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Also interesting about your hair. Sorta counter-intuitive as well.

chef
October 10th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I keep anything i dont want my wife to find in my pack :D
A pair of sweaty gloves in there also so no chance she will ever open it.
Currently using 10 year old STM laptop bag,fantastic quality,Rivet tank bag & thinking of ordering a Kreiga pack soon.

Minikin_Jo
October 11th, 2012, 06:37 AM

You know, about the hair thing, I was just talking to my husband about this a couple weeks ago. He mentioned that when we are out riding together, he noticed the cars will part like the red sea and move out of my way, or kind of move over away from the lane I'm in to give me more space (as if I'm so big.) It came up in conversation because I asked him if he can tell I'm a girl rider or if I just look like a little boy. I usually wear my hair down...my hair is kind of long and blows in the wind and gets horrible knots in it but when I take off my helmet actually looks a lot better and less "helmet hair"-like. He said that sometimes they smile...maybe because they see I'm a girl? Maybe because my Hello Kitty backpack is smiling back at them? Who knows. :D

Asspire
October 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM

doesn't matter if you have your hair down, Toronto drivers get extra points for swiping motorcyclists off the road, saw a BMW level up after cutting off a bike, true story.

Updated bag with ideas from others:

Zip ties
Duck tape
Tire plug kit
Heet packs (its cold up here, we even get this white flakes that fall from the sky)
Lemon pledge ( **** works wonders )
Ball bearings ( for tail gaters)
Energy bars/5 hour energy (for those long days)

And still had room left to pick up take-out with. Bags heavy as f@#$, but worth it.

rjones91
October 11th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Today....Work shoes, eye glasses (just in case of a freak accident and my contacts rip as they've done before), keys, zip lock bag, pair of shades, brush, meds and tire gauge.

burningscooter
October 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Alpinestars Range
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/images/InitialSet/Alpinestars-Range-Pack400.jpg

I dont carry diddly squat in this bag except my phones, a notepad, and an umbrella. Pretty roomy bag for a "motorcycle" bag.

Firehorse
October 13th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Also interesting about your hair. Sorta counter-intuitive as well.
I think it may just be that guys here just want to get a close up when they realize it's a girl on a bike, 'cos all girls on bikes are hot..:rolleyes:

You know, about the hair thing, I was just talking to my husband about this a couple weeks ago. He mentioned that when we are out riding together, he noticed the cars will part like the red sea and move out of my way, or kind of move over away from the lane I'm in to give me more space (as if I'm so big.) It came up in conversation because I asked him if he can tell I'm a girl rider or if I just look like a little boy. I usually wear my hair down...my hair is kind of long and blows in the wind and gets horrible knots in it but when I take off my helmet actually looks a lot better and less "helmet hair"-like. He said that sometimes they smile...maybe because they see I'm a girl? Maybe because my Hello Kitty backpack is smiling back at them? Who knows. :D
Haha, I've heard that before. Make the wife go first so traffic is less. I'm pretty sure you can tell that you're female since I thought I looked like a fat black snowman with my gear on and a few people piped up an assured me that I still look very female (thank you Mrs. Hips). Maybe we just ride in a more feminine position?

doesn't matter if you have your hair down, Toronto drivers get extra points for swiping motorcyclists off the road, saw a BMW level up after cutting off a bike, true story.

Updated bag with ideas from others:

Zip ties
Duck tape
Tire plug kit
Heet packs (its cold up here, we even get this white flakes that fall from the sky)
Lemon pledge ( **** works wonders )
Ball bearings ( for tail gaters)
Energy bars/5 hour energy (for those long days)

And still had room left to pick up take-out with. Bags heavy as f@#$, but worth it.

I'd rather ride in India than Toronto! :eek: But there was so fantastic giant signs over the 401 warning people to make space for motorcycles...wow. That was really cool to see.
Zip ties..god's gift to creative minded people. :)

250rr
October 14th, 2012, 05:28 AM
I think it may just be that guys here just want to get a close up when they realize it's a girl on a bike, 'cos all girls on bikes are hot..:rolleyes:

Girls on bikes are hot. Proven fact of science. :)

jmisto
October 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM

I agree. If I'll be driving in heavy traffic in town, I tuck my hair into my jacket. Drivers will nearly come over into my lane, tailgate, and ride side-by-side to me if my hair is flying in the wind.

I stopped using my pink backpack and use a green one for this reason too. I just use a little drawstring backpack most of the time. If I do any long rides, my husband and all of my friends have plenty of storage space on their bikes.

Although, sometimes people are more courteous that I'm a girl. They'll let me go first at a 4-way or they'll let me over if I put my blinker on.

CheapFuneral
October 22nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
MM back pack not water proof :/ but its got mesh on the back part which is cool in fl heat.
Mostly I keep school stuff a lap top a camera my ear buds a gerber knife a multi tool I have a flash light on my phone so no need for the extra weight. I also carry a sigp250 but I keep it on my hip or ankle ;) to hard to get to in the pack.

CheapFuneral
October 22nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Forgot the pic

ChrisMKV
October 23rd, 2012, 05:13 AM
I have my old and faithful Deuter GoGo which has accompanied me trough the ages... thing must have 10 years and is still holding together :thumbup:

I only use a pack when commuting, so it generally contains my Laptop and the Work Clothes (Hard to wear a Business Suit under the Leathers!).

I'm gonna invest in a tailback someday too.

Lychee
October 23rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Here's my backpack. Yes, it is huge and repurposed. Unless it is really full, I don't notice it if I clip the shoulder straps together at the chest. I don't really use it unless I know I need to truck something anyway. It fits an insane amount of stuff.

http://www.elitepaintballguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/empire-rogue-backpack.gif

Roca
October 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Medium alice pack. Mainly a get home bag with a tool kit.

iplante
November 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM
Ogio Bandit 17
work stuff is in it right now

chugs
November 1st, 2013, 02:31 PM
Marmot gunnison fits all my books and laptop. The straps on the side keep it nice and tight to prevent movement.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/graphics/product_images/pDSP1-9612258dt.jpg

mahalostunt
December 4th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Ogioo

JohnnyBravo
December 4th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Army issue
UNC TarHeels

Depends on the day as to what's in it!

hpav13
December 13th, 2013, 03:17 AM
A backpack hurts my shoulders so I have a waterproof dive bag that I use. I also have a cargo net on the passenger seat. I throw in my phone, purse, iPad mini, makeup, occasional workout clothes, my karate gi :karate: , bottle openers (i am a bartender :salute2: by night), some paperwork for my day job (nurse). I will put other random stuff as needed. I like the waterproof bag because here on guam you never know when it will shower on ya :rain:

adouglas
December 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I love that you're working both the supply and demand side of the business.

:D:thumbup:

hpav13
December 14th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I love that you're working both the supply and demand side of the business.

:D:thumbup:

:humble: