View Full Version : 2013 300 Pricing

Pages : [1] 2

JBinSD
September 17th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Hope this is a permitted thread (I'm still a noob here:D)
But wanted to start a thread to see what people are paying OTD for the 300's. I know as of now they haven't hit the ground, but I'd like to hear what kinda deals you guys are getting, as I'm hearing some are already plunking down deposits.

I live in San Diego, so I expect I'll have to pay more than people in other areas, but would be helpful to compare notes.
$4799 MSRP
$5499 ABS MSRP

Heed
September 17th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I'm interested in this as well.

Someone from Oregon on another forum said $5,700 for a non-ABS model. And there's no sales tax in that state. -.-

menikmati
September 17th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Another fellow SD member, you'll probably be looking at $6k+ OTD.

Jiggles
September 17th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I think we have a case of premature epostification

JBinSD
September 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I know its early, rumors I've heard are Oct./Nov., but also heard peeps are putting down deposits. Obviously, there's the sucker-factor of agreeing to buy a bike before it even hits US dirt, but they may give some value to pre-orders as a bird in the hand (hows that for using 2 or 3 cliches in one sentence?)
The Costco buying program usually allows pre-purchase for almost MSRP OTD, but Kawi is supposedly exempting the 300 from the program. bummer.:rolleyes:

JBinSD
September 18th, 2012, 07:58 PM
So, FWIW, local dealer today tells me 1-2 weeks and they should hit the warehouse, and that he'll get me a "good deal". I proceed with cautious skepticism.:rolleyes:

menikmati
September 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM
So, FWIW, local dealer today tells me 1-2 weeks and they should hit the warehouse, and that he'll get me a "good deal". I proceed with cautious skepticism.:rolleyes:

Good deals from stealerships? Nope.

JELY1990
September 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM

Lol he means a good deal for him, not you.

Jiggles
September 18th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I had a dealer say to me and my dad, "Oh I'll give you a great deal on that cruiser. Ya know, some people, they say I'm the most honest guy they know, too honest."

I never went back. **** that guy

GreenNinja
September 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I had a dealer say to me and my dad, "Oh I'll give you a great deal on that cruiser. Ya know, some people, they say I'm the most honest guy they know, too honest."

That reminds me of when I ask someone a question and they reply with "I'm going to be honest with you". I usually stop them mid sentence to say "So you have been dishonest with me this entire time until now?"

menikmati
September 18th, 2012, 08:47 PM
That reminds me of when I ask someone a question and they reply with "I'm going to be honest with you". I usually stop them mid sentence to say "So you have been dishonest with me this entire time until now?"

Dang.

choneofakind
September 18th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I think maybe they should be using the word "frank" instead of "honest"

Old Guy on a '08
September 19th, 2012, 08:46 AM

I wonder when they'll be avaialble at Costco

vman1313
September 19th, 2012, 09:14 AM

I hate when people say "Im going to be honest" -:mad:- it too makes me feel like they werent being honest before...I like your response to that and am going to be using it form now on ("So you have been dishonest with me this entire time until now?")

Alex
September 19th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Just placed a deposit on a 2013 white one. Here in the bay area:

MSRP + tax/title/license + freight&setup ~ $600.

choneofakind
September 19th, 2012, 11:05 AM
mmm white :) the new green, since the green is all plastered up with vinyls.

Jiggles
September 19th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Dibs on alex's 08!

Godzilla35
September 19th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I know its early, rumors I've heard are Oct./Nov., but also heard peeps are putting down deposits. Obviously, there's the sucker-factor of agreeing to buy a bike before it even hits US dirt, but they may give some value to pre-orders as a bird in the hand (hows that for using 2 or 3 cliches in one sentence?)
The Costco buying program usually allows pre-purchase for almost MSRP OTD, but Kawi is supposedly exempting the 300 from the program. bummer.:rolleyes:

Is the Costco program similar to the one for cars where you go to specific dealerships to get the invoice price basically? How does it work for bikes?

Side note:
I'm also from San Diego haha... well it's like my second home. Dealerships in LA (where I am really from), don't even know about the 300R being publicly released yet? So odd...

Heed
September 19th, 2012, 01:20 PM

Sounds about right. I'm deeply thinking about making a deposit too. :D

DaveTheCanuck
September 19th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Still waiting for the Canadian MSRP :\ This is killing me, I want to put my foot in the door at a dealer, but not until I know the pricing.

Boom King
September 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Given the US MSRP, I'm expecting the Canadian sticker price to be quite expensive unfortunately.

JBinSD
September 19th, 2012, 04:11 PM
yeah, there will eventually be a flood of them, but right now, they really dont' have any reason to go under MSRP. Freight and PDI sux too, and of course tax. I will pay cash so I'm looking to see what a reasonable OTD is, and offer that to a couple different dealerships and see who bites. I probably will never ride it on the street anyway.

Jiggles
September 19th, 2012, 04:13 PM
^ :confused:

JBinSD
September 19th, 2012, 04:20 PM
[track only]:D

Godzilla35
September 19th, 2012, 07:12 PM
yeah, there will eventually be a flood of them, but right now, they really dont' have any reason to go under MSRP. Freight and PDI sux too, and of course tax. I will pay cash so I'm looking to see what a reasonable OTD is, and offer that to a couple different dealerships and see who bites. I probably will never ride it on the street anyway.

I've never bought a bike new. And FBC and a few other dealerships said MSRP is no problemo, but some shops in LA have said flatout, they're gonna be ripping people off in the beginning (markup like crazy).

Is it normal to pay under msrp for bikes? I've never paid MSRP for a car, and I have a few nice cars... I even paid invoice or less before.

JBinSD
September 19th, 2012, 07:34 PM
yeah, I've always believed MSRP is for suckers. Its really just a question of supply and demand. These bikes are mass-produced and I'm sure Kawi will make tons of them, but restricting their initial launch will inflate the prices a bit. Most of the dealers I've spoken with are full of BS and claim there's barely any profit on the bikes at MSRP, but they're full of it. They get all kinds of dough for moving bikes, but granted, lower sticker, usually lower margin.

I spoke to NCHM re a potential group buy, of course he sounded interesting, but unless it can go significantly below MSRP (which I don't think he will) then it may not be worth it for either side (they know they make the most off the first few bikes as they trickle in but after Xmas they'll most likely have too much inventory).

Costco has not listed the 300 on their list, so I don't think we'll get help from them, at least intially.

I'm planning on relying on the "cash is king" mentality, but the bikes have to land on local dirt first, which according to some, may be this weekend.

menikmati
September 19th, 2012, 08:42 PM
If you are going track only I'd suggest getting a pre-gen or new-gen for the fact that there is already a large knowledge-base and plenty of aftermarket support.

Either that or I've heard SV650's are fun as balls on the track and would be cheap to buy used.

DaveTheCanuck
September 19th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Gaaaah... Kawasaki Canada has posted on their Facebook page that they'll be announcing the Canadian MSRP sometime in October.

rusninja
September 19th, 2012, 11:27 PM

So you going to match with me :D?

Alex
September 19th, 2012, 11:52 PM
:thumbup:

rusninja
September 20th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Alex what dealership did you put a deposit down?

Jiggles
September 20th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Don't tell him, he's going to go drool on your bike

Alex
September 20th, 2012, 12:41 AM
:) One nearby in the south bay. I have a hunch the deals are going to be pretty similar across dealerships for awhile; this is a hot item, but it's still the same item that everyone is selling using the same business model.

thurt88
September 20th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Mine is going to be 5100 otd.

rusninja
September 20th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I wanted to know if some really are geting the 300 before other dealers :S

Heed
September 20th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Mine is going to be 5100 otd.

dang. I hope I get quoted for that lol.

$5,500 was my target, but I think Missouri's sales tax is nearly half as much as Illinois'

Are they giving any room to haggle on quotes? I'm guessing they won't budge on a new item in such demand

Surferboy120
September 20th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I pick mine up today OTD 5746 non abs that's $4779 + tax TTL and assembly\delivery. Gotta love all the fees....

JBinSD
September 20th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Thanx Surfer, thats a good price based on what I've heard so far. If you can post your breakdown on fees once you get it I'd appreciate it.

Philosophies vary substantially on the MSRP+tax+freight+lic+doc fees, @$4800 CA tax rounded to 8% is $5184, there's gotta be decent profit already worked into that, but I can't get a local dealer to commit to anything near that; it IS academic until they hit the ground, although a couple claim they're en route today.

Bike in stock, cash in hand, money plays. . . .

GreenNinja
September 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Sounds about right. I'm deeply thinking about making a deposit too. :D

Heed...due to that icon of yours...most of the things you say, it is hard to NOT take it out of context.

Alex
September 20th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Bike in stock, cash in hand, money plays. . . .

Only if the dealer has an expectation that they won't be able to sell it in a reasonable time period for the price they want for it. Don't kid yourself, they will get the price they want for several months.

Heed
September 20th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Heed...due to that icon of yours...most of the things you say, it is hard to NOT take it out of context.

rofl

gt_turbo
September 20th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I pick mine up today OTD 5746 non abs that's $4779 + tax TTL and assembly\delivery. Gotta love all the fees....

pics or it didnt happen

Heed
September 20th, 2012, 03:11 PM
pics or it didnt happen

cant disgaree w this

Surferboy120
September 20th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Just got back from doing 96.3 miles wooohaaaa trying to break her in.

OTD Costs

MSRP 4799
Tax 299.94
Inventory tax 9.08
Destination 295
Assembly 195
State inspection sticker 14.50
State title fee 33
License fee 47.50
Misc 3.13
Document fee 50
Sub total 5746.15

Jiggles
September 20th, 2012, 08:54 PM
So how much slower is it than my 250?

Surferboy120
September 20th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Here is a quick you tube of it.

FQDxuGPmzg4

I am getting a shower and will do much more this weekend sometime. If there is something particular let me know.

There is no cat on this bike or O2 sensor which I thought was odd but good as well. It's a great bike I love the front end there is no mush at all. Rear end didn't get pushed much so not sure there and I have not wound it out yet. Seat is hard as expected. Outside of that there is not a thing to complain about the bike from me. I love it and made a really good purchase for me.

Surferboy120
September 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM
So how much slower is it than my 250?

I bet this bike is smoother maybe not That much faster if you have yours fully jetted with full exhaust as well. The nice thing is that this bike will make more power once the ECU management gets developed and pipes can then be made.

I really want to get a seat cowl (6-8) weeks at least for that.

Get rid of the rear pegs.

Fender eliminator (the whole tail just unbolts so a simple plate should work and be very clean)

Some red rim tape

Love to put a double bubble on it once they are made.

Power commander and full exhaust

Corbin seat (this one is hard for sure) or maybe I am tender ha ha ha

Kstorm21
September 20th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Fender eliminator (the whole tail just unbolts so a simple plate should work and be very clean)

Are the rear turn signals part of the "tail"? How will that work out?

Surferboy120
September 21st, 2012, 05:35 AM
They are part of the rear fender\license\license plate light so I may get smaller lights and mount them on the bracket I make. Super easy mod which should involve zero plastic cutting. Just unbolt the rear fender and replace. At least that's my hope he he he.

Old Guy on a '08
September 21st, 2012, 07:21 AM
They are part of the rear fender\license\license plate light so I may get smaller lights and mount them on the bracket I make. Super easy mod which should involve zero plastic cutting. Just unbolt the rear fender and replace. At least that's my hope he he he.

pics, pics, pics:D

Surferboy120
September 21st, 2012, 09:24 AM
pics, pics, pics:D

I will definately work on pics and some video this weekend on areas that have not been covered much with other reviews\pics\video.

choneofakind
September 21st, 2012, 11:48 AM
No oxygen sensors on a fuel injected bike? I find that hard to believe. Not cats either? That's also hard to believe, seeing as pretty much everything on the market today has some form of cats.

Boom King
September 21st, 2012, 12:01 PM
Not unheard of for FI motorcycles to have no O2 sensors and a cat.

choneofakind
September 21st, 2012, 12:34 PM
This picture is straight from the Kawasaki site. looks like an O2 sensor to me:
http://www.kawasaki.com/FusePlayerAPI/GetScaledImage.aspx?maxw=640&maxh=480&img=~/CMS/Products/ActionShots/a9bfb57a-0143-4dde-af70-52ad239cecbd.jpg

Alex
September 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM
No oxygen sensors on a fuel injected bike? I find that hard to believe. Not cats either? That's also hard to believe, seeing as pretty much everything on the market today has some form of cats.

There's a single cat in the new exhaust. It's on pg. 10 of that specifications PDF linked in the main 300 thread (and now in the sticky in the 300 tech section).

choneofakind
September 21st, 2012, 12:51 PM
note to self, don't listen to newbies when they're reviewing this bike...

Surferboy120
September 21st, 2012, 12:55 PM
That's the newbies point I checked the whole exhaust and saw no cat or O2. I also expected to see what I had seen in the picture. I will video it this weekend.

Boom King
September 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM
I wonder if the O2 sensors are only fitted on these bikes in certain regions with very strict emissions standards such as in Europe. Even with EFI systems, there's a difference between closed and open loop as I understand. If the US FI system does not need the sensor to meet Federal emission standards, it could be a cost saving measure for Kawasaki not to fit them. For instance, I believed the 2009 650R had no oxygen sensors in the US despite being fuel injected while the EU version had the sensors. I guess we'll wait to see if Thomas can verify this on his bike.

DaveTheCanuck
September 21st, 2012, 01:49 PM
On the Kawi USA Parts Diagram page for the Ninja 300, there's two models listed.

- 49-State Spec.
- California Spec.

I'm guessing only the California spec model has the cat and O2 sensor.

http://www.kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.aspx?strContentURL=/Site/VIVehicleInformation/VIepc.asp?intCatalogID%3d2%26CatalogTypeID%3d4%26ProductTypeID%3d14%26ModelMarke tingID%3d652%26ModelCode%3dEX300ADF%26ModelYear%3d2013%26SHOWVEHTABS%3d1

Surferboy120
September 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
On the Kawi USA Parts Diagram page for the Ninja 300, there's two models listed.

- 49-State Spec.
- California Spec.

I'm guessing only the California spec model has the cat and O2 sensor.

http://www.kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.aspx?strContentURL=/Site/VIVehicleInformation/VIepc.asp?intCatalogID%3d2%26CatalogTypeID%3d4%26ProductTypeID%3d14%26ModelMarke tingID%3d652%26ModelCode%3dEX300ADF%26ModelYear%3d2013%26SHOWVEHTABS%3d1

I believe your right. My dealer said the same thing.

JBinSD
September 22nd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Thanx for the bread-down on price, Surfer. My dealer called and he's got a white one on hand now. I actually left my race weekend early, so I'm going to head over there and check it out today. All those little fees suck, I bet the dealer pays about 3500 for these things, but hey, supply/demand rules. . . .

DaveTheCanuck
September 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Canadian pricing announced: http://www.insidemotorcycles.com/news/reports-results-a-points/item/734-kawasaki-reveals-pricing-for-2013-ninja-zx-6r-and-ninja-300.html

$500 more than the US, as expected <_<

NinjetteNewfie
September 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM
At $5300 for the base model that's actually cheaper than what I thought it was going to be. Doubt that I can pick one up here on the rock for that price though:mad:

JBinSD
September 29th, 2012, 08:13 PM
OK, the Costco buying program added the 300, so no more BS'ing from the $stealers, rumors have it at $5550 OTD. cool, I'm on it.:D

Kstorm21
September 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Anyone know if the Costco sells them in Hawaii?

JBinSD
September 29th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Costco doesn't actually sell them at all. They "partner" with a local dealer that agrees to sell at a set fee to Costco members only. Google Costco and Kawasaki, and put in your zip code, and they'll tell you the dealer nearest you that honors the costco program (you have to be a costco member).:thumbup:

Kstorm21
September 29th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Yeah I did that and it showed a dealership. They used to not do it here on the island. I'll have to see what the price difference is. They're about $1500-$2000 more here than the mainland. :(

Alex
October 1st, 2012, 03:45 PM
Added a poll. OTD price for the poll should include the full purchase price, all fees and taxes. Basically what you'd write on the check if you paid for it in full immediately. It should not include any service contracts or extended warranties, but those are the only exclusions I can think of.

GreenNinja
October 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
OTD price quoted to me by the dealership here is 58xx and the costco program just doesn't charge freight. That equals out to somewhere around 54xx. Sorry I forgot the exact numbers, I just remember the first two numbers.

kooshbox
October 12th, 2012, 08:54 AM
5900 OTD in Ventura County, CA and I've got a $250 Costco Cash Card on the way to me!

Ninja 300 Excluded from Costco Auto Program recently..

I talked to the dealership and I double checked with Costco and filed a member resolution complaint where "Corey" from corporate called me and told me that the Ninja 300 has been excluded from their auto program for the big savings. BUT.. If the dealership is part of the Costco program you can STILL receive the $250 Costco cash card by filling out the Redemption form here https://www.costcoauto.com/kawasaki/redemption.aspx

Purchased my 300 on 10/09/12

Byakkotai
October 12th, 2012, 09:52 AM
BUT.. If the dealership is part of the Costco program you can STILL receive the $250 Costco cash card by filling out the Redemption form here https://www.costcoauto.com/kawasaki/redemption.aspx

For real? :eek: Well the form disclaimer just states must purchase thru participating dealer and be a current costco member...nothing about if the bike must be listed thru the program. Good find, time to see if I can get my cash card as well :thumbup:

kooshbox
October 12th, 2012, 09:56 AM
For real? :eek: Well the form disclaimer just states must purchase thru participating dealer and be a current costco member...nothing about if the bike must be listed thru the program. Good find, time to see if I can get my cash card as well :thumbup:

Yep! Even the dealer was surprised when I told him I could still get the cash card. I'm sure he'll be telling people that, since that's no loss to his income. I triple checked with Costco. If you already got one, just try and submit the redemption form within 30 days of purchase.

Sapper
October 12th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I paid $4,799 and 7% sales tax, $5,135. With tag and title it was $5260ish

Kstorm21
October 12th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Man...maybe I should just go back to the mainland and buy one and have it shipped here. It'll still be WAY cheaper!

algs26
October 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM
5900 OTD in Ventura County, CA and I've got a $250 Costco Cash Card on the way to me!

Ninja 300 Excluded from Costco Auto Program recently..

I talked to the dealership and I double checked with Costco and filed a member resolution complaint where "Corey" from corporate called me and told me that the Ninja 300 has been excluded from their auto program for the big savings. BUT.. If the dealership is part of the Costco program you can STILL receive the $250 Costco cash card by filling out the Redemption form here https://www.costcoauto.com/kawasaki/redemption.aspx

I got basically the same voicemail.

kcaja1
October 15th, 2012, 05:25 AM
This is what I got from a WV dealer. It's about 100 miles from me.

"Our 2013 Ninja 300 is down to $4495 right now and the only fee that we have is a $50 doc fee, now tax for VA will be $134.50 and a VA title is $10, youre tag will cost $28.75 for one year and a 60 day temp tag is $10 and that would be it so add it up and it comes to $4728.25 out the door. We also just received a 2013 Ninja 300 yesterday and it is white. If you have any other questions feel free to ask."

I believe this is the lowest I've seen so far.

Colbezee
October 15th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Picked mine up with gear for $5512 -- White non ABS

Alex
October 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Not sure why people are doing this, but people are voting in this poll who haven't purchased 300's, skewing the results. I'm trying to figure out how to strip individual votes, but I may have to wipe all votes and re-start the poll (and leave the names as public, rather than hidden as they are now).

GreenNinja
October 22nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
This is what I got from a WV dealer. It's about 100 miles from me.

"Our 2013 Ninja 300 is down to $4495 right now and the only fee that we have is a $50 doc fee, now tax for VA will be $134.50 and a VA title is $10, youre tag will cost $28.75 for one year and a 60 day temp tag is $10 and that would be it so add it up and it comes to $4728.25 out the door. We also just received a 2013 Ninja 300 yesterday and it is white. If you have any other questions feel free to ask."

I believe this is the lowest I've seen so far.

EXACTLY which city and what is the name of this place that you got this quote from? I would be willing to do the 300 mile ride for that price.

tnr4
October 22nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
EXACTLY which city and what is the name of this place that you got this quote from? I would be willing to do the 300 mile ride for that price.

Don't know if it's the same, but I bought mine from Romney Cycles in Romney WV (was 120 miles for me) because they did $4399 for me, plus taxes, doc, title and license. With stupidly high MD taxes, I still was OTD for $5021. If you go there, ask for George and tell him Travis, who bought his first 300, sent you. I went back for my free first oil change, and they had their second 300 on the floor, so it may still be there.

Rekognize
October 22nd, 2012, 01:50 PM
I'm in Canada — $6500 otr for an ABS model.

Kstorm21
October 22nd, 2012, 01:55 PM
Damn...y'all are lucky!

josefmd
October 24th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I have been thinking about trading/selling my 12 250R and picking up a 300. As of yesterday, two dlrs in the area got white ones in. Was quoted $6100 and $5800 OTD. Both of them will not take out the freight and setup fees, and for those prices I will prob just hang on to the 250R until next spring. I am just looking for a no BS deal! MSRP+TTL, not a $800 to $1100 markup after TTL. Props to the guys who have found the dlrs who don't add the extra fees!!

GreenNinja
October 24th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Don't know if it's the same, but I bought mine from Romney Cycles in Romney WV (was 120 miles for me) because they did $4399 for me, plus taxes, doc, title and license. With stupidly high MD taxes, I still was OTD for $5021. If you go there, ask for George and tell him Travis, who bought his first 300, sent you. I went back for my free first oil change, and they had their second 300 on the floor, so it may still be there.

Ehhh, I was hoping it would be the southern part of the state. It would be a 9 hour ride for me so I guess that won't be worth it. Thanks for the information though!

Jiggles
October 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I have been thinking about trading/selling my 12 250R and picking up a 300. As of yesterday, two dlrs in the area got white ones in. Was quoted $6100 and $5800 OTD. Both of them will not take out the freight and setup fees, and for those prices I will prob just hang on to the 250R until next spring. I am just looking for a no BS deal! MSRP+TTL, not a $800 to $1100 markup after TTL. Props to the guys who have found the dlrs who don't add the extra fees!!

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

choneofakind
October 24th, 2012, 11:42 AM
josefmd didn't you just get your bike? That sounds like an expensive plan.

josefmd
October 24th, 2012, 12:01 PM
josefmd didn't you just get your bike? That sounds like an expensive plan.

Yeah at the beginning of Oct, but got it used for a grt price! Planned on buying the 300 all along until the 250R popped up!! I figure if I decide to do it then it will cost me $3000 or so!!

choneofakind
October 24th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Oh you got it used. That makes more sense. I was thinking that you would be paying a lot in dealer fees, but buying used helps that.

You might be better to wait a year and get a deal on a used 300, similar to what you did with your '12 model.

S1att3r
October 24th, 2012, 08:21 PM
$5,706 on the invoice talked them down to $5,500 otd non abs model.

Phoenix767
October 27th, 2012, 12:37 AM
$5400 OTD for black non abs in Arizona not counting $250 Costco card coming in the mail supposedly. They wanted around $6400 until I hit them up for Costco deal.

josefmd
October 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
$5400 OTD for black non abs in Arizona not counting $250 Costco card coming in the mail supposedly. They wanted around $6400 until I hit them up for Costco deal.

Good deal!! Congrats!! I am confused? So the Costco deal is good with the 300? I thought someone said that it is no longer being applied to the Ninja 300.

Phoenix767
October 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Costco deal is a definite yes. $5400 and change OTD fixed price in Arizona with $250 Costco card to be mailed later. I still don't think it's an outstanding deal but good enough considering the bike just came out.

Kaidenz
October 27th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Costco deal is a definite yes. $5400 and change OTD fixed price in Arizona with $250 Costco card to be mailed later. I still don't think it's an outstanding deal but good enough considering the bike just came out.

I just put a deposit on a black 300 and my dealer told me that the Costco deal is a yes as well. Hooray!

ChrisCusi
October 29th, 2012, 12:53 PM

If you don't mind my asking where did you purchase from?

Ninja300
October 29th, 2012, 02:07 PM

Which dealership?!? I tried Kelly's Kawasaki in Mesa & they want $6400 & they said the Kawasaki Ninja 300 is no longer part of the costco pricing deal but that you do still get the $250 costco card. Big deal. :P They listed their Ninja 300 on Craigslist for $4799 but then they add 800 freight & all this other BS for a mark up of $1,600!!!

Same deal with Arizona Kawasaki in Apache Juction & GO AZ MOTORCYCLE KAWASAKI in Scottsdale.

So please please please :bow: tell me where you got yours for $5400 otd because I will go there immediately & buy one!!! :thumbup:

Phoenix767
October 29th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Kelly's. they aren't being straight with you. Maybe because bike is popular at the moment. I got mine last Wednesday. Ask for Ed.

Ninja300
October 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM
If you don't mind my asking where did you purchase from?

Okay I just put a $500 deposit down on mine.
Total OTD on my White non ABS Ninja 300 will be $5,525.
Not as good as Phoenix767's deal at $5,400 but I called every Kawasaki dealer in AZ (except for 2 who were closed today (closed on Mondays) & everyone was waaaaaay overpriced.
All the dealers aka stealers told me they were selling theirs at $6,500, $6600 & more!
These stealers say they are selling before they even hit the floor & the very few that they have coming in already have deposits on them.
They told me no way I'd find one for under $6000 otd. One even laughed at me when I said I was looking for one in the low 5's.

Regarding the costco deal:
I spoke to the head honcho of the costco kawasaki program & she told me that the dealers can choose to honor that price that was previously listed which was $4849 but that specifically in AZ they will likely not honor it & do not have to honor it as the latest list clearly shows the Ninja 300 is not eligable for the program & hasn't been for a while. If someone at the dealership is working off the old list & didn't take the time to get the new one you might get lucky but every dealership in AZ that I talked to was already aware of the Ninja 300 not being part of the program. Yes you still get the $250 Costco gift card though. She also said it's all about supply & demand & she had dealers in FL who were wanting to sell the Ninja 300 for below costco's price even (wish I lived near one of those dealerships)!

https://www.costcoauto.com/kawasaki/default.aspx
Here is the message I get when I try the Ninja 300 on the costco website with my Zip:

"Locate a Dealer
Currently, there is high consumer demand coupled with low manufacturer supply for the model you selected. As a result we have not located a dealership in your immediate area that has met our strict pricing criteria for this model.
As soon as the market conditions improve, our pricing will update.
If you would like to choose a different Kawasaki model, perform another search."

Costco Auto Program
1-877-780-1470
Mon. - Fri. 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. PT
Sat. & Sun. 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. PT

geeker
October 30th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I picked up a white 300 on Saturday at Kawasaki Sports Center - possibly the first sold in Arkansas. Paid MSRP + $500 negative equity in my trade and no setup or freight fees.

Ninja300
October 30th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Kelly's. they aren't being straight with you. Maybe because bike is popular at the moment. I got mine last Wednesday. Ask for Ed.

I called Kelly's & asked for Ed. Ed said you got lucky & got it right before they got the revised list from Costco that shows it is now excluded from the costco program.

I'm happy I got mine for $5,550 otd from the dealer I went to. All the AZ dealers other than the one I went to are now gouging buyers at $6400 or so.

I would wait months for the price to come down before I let some dealer charge me $1,600 over MSRP.

Phoenix767
October 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM
$5500 good enough. They are just working the ol supply and demand angle. Hot bike right now. Whatever. The 3 hundy is expensive but way cheaper than a 600. I'm digging mine. Can't quit riding the thing. At 8000 rpm she wakes up.

ajcadoo
October 31st, 2012, 11:39 AM
Another fellow SD member, you'll probably be looking at $6k+ OTD.

Agreed

ChrisCusi
November 1st, 2012, 10:25 AM
I called Kelly's & asked for Ed. Ed said you got lucky & got it right before they got the revised list from Costco that shows it is now excluded from the costco program.

I'm happy I got mine for $5,550 otd from the dealer I went to. All the AZ dealers other than the one I went to are now gouging buyers at $6400 or so.

I would wait months for the price to come down before I let some dealer charge me $1,600 over MSRP.

Which dealer did you go to?

rabies
November 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM
Not sure why people are doing this, but people are voting in this poll who haven't purchased 300's, skewing the results. I'm trying to figure out how to strip individual votes, but I may have to wipe all votes and re-start the poll (and leave the names as public, rather than hidden as they are now).

this. i seen under the choices there is a "view poll results" without voting,. thats what i did.
on another note how and why some1 would pay over 4k for a 300 is beyond me...

tnr4
November 1st, 2012, 01:51 PM
on another note how and why some1 would pay over 4k for a 300 is beyond me...

Whaaaa??? :shocked: More expensive than the 250, yes, but still one of the best bike-for-money deals going. I'm confused by your confusion.

rabies
November 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM
to each his own. no arguement. some like new and fancy bling stuff. is it stupid? no, thats what some like. paying too much? yes.
some1 should be knocking on kawasakis door asking why the high prices? compared to other 250s of side brands etc.
if the price was reasonable i would almost possibly might be...still not getting a 300.
still would like to see a pregen nxt to new gen next to 300. straight line for 1 mile just for kicks.

Alex
November 1st, 2012, 02:11 PM
still would like to see a pregen nxt to new gen next to 300. straight line for 1 mile just for kicks.

As a former pre-gen owner, a new-gen owner, and now a 300 owner; I can tell you conclusively that the pregen would get clobbered. None of these bikes are about straight line speed, but the ranking of acceleration and/or top speed is pretty clear when comparing stock bikes:

300 > pre-gen > new-gen

Old Guy on a '08
November 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM
As a former pre-gen owner, a new-gen owner, and now a 300 owner; I can tell you conclusively that the pregen would get clobbered. None of these bikes are about straight line speed, but the ranking of acceleration and/or top speed is pretty clear when comparing stock bikes:

300 > pre-gen > new-gen

What about ranking for:
MPG
Handling
Bang for the buck
Looks
Ease of maintenance
YADA YADA HAHA

Jiggles
November 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
as a former pre-gen owner, a new-gen owner, and now a 300 owner; i can tell you conclusively that the pregen would get clobbered. None of these bikes are about straight line speed, but the ranking of acceleration and/or top speed is pretty clear when comparing stock bikes:

New-gen > ninja 1000 > 300 > pre-gen

fxt

Alex
November 1st, 2012, 02:40 PM
What about ranking for:
MPG
Handling
Bang for the buck
Looks
Ease of maintenance
YADA YADA HAHA

My Yada Yada: :)

MPG:
300 > pre-gen > new-gen

Handling:
300 > new-gen > pre-gen

Bang for the buck:
pre-gen > new-gen > 300 (If we're talking about buying a new 300 right now)

Looks:
300 > new-gen > pre-gen

Ease of maintenance:
pre-gen > new-gen > 300 (this one is tough. The pre-gen has the easiest valve adjustments, but it requires more of them. The 300 is probably the hardest to work on due to the additional electronics and FI, but would potentially require much less work to be done, considering how often clogged carbs are a problem on the older bikes)

Surferboy120
November 1st, 2012, 02:53 PM
My Yada Yada: :)

MPG:
300 > pre-gen > new-gen

Handling:
300 > new-gen > pre-gen

Bang for the buck:
pre-gen > new-gen > 300 (If we're talking about buying a new 300 right now)

Looks:
300 > new-gen > pre-gen

Ease of maintenance:
pre-gen > new-gen > 300 (this one is tough. The pre-gen has the easiest valve adjustments, but it requires more of them. The 300 is probably the hardest to work on due to the additional electronics and FI, but would potentially require much less work to be done, considering how often clogged carbs are a problem on the older bikes)

The 300 is a clean breeze on the oil change which means a lot since those will be done more often than anything else besides gas.

Alex
November 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Fair point; the new filter location and design do help quite a bit. It wasn't a huge chore before, but now it's a piece of cake.

GreenNinja
November 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM
to each his own. no arguement. some like new and fancy bling stuff. is it stupid? no, thats what some like. paying too much? yes.
some1 should be knocking on kawasakis door asking why the high prices? compared to other 250s of side brands etc.
if the price was reasonable i would almost possibly might be...still not getting a 300.

Ehh I may sound like a broken record but here goes:
An item is worth what you are willing to pay for it. If no one and I mean no one bought the 300 then the dealerships will drop their prices but since it is such a hot commodity, they raise the prices to make bigger profits. You may not think it is worth it, but there are enough people out there that think the price is just fine. That is why they are constantly out of stock. Price is all relative to what your definition of worth is.

Phoenix767
November 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM
I have a feeling the dealers are going to have the upper edge on this bike for a little while. Based on looks alone. Rat bastards.

ChrisCusi
November 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hope this isn't a stupid question... Will the price be lower or higher if you were to wait until late November/early December to buy than buying say today?

Surferboy120
November 1st, 2012, 06:45 PM
Ehh I may sound like a broken record but here goes:
An item is worth what you are willing to pay for it. If no one and I mean no one bought the 300 then the dealerships will drop their prices but since it is such a hot commodity, they raise the prices to make bigger profits. You may not think it is worth it, but there are enough people out there that think the price is just fine. That is why they are constantly out of stock. Price is all relative to what your definition of worth is.

I agree its true but I also think the $5500 range is a fair price.

Hope this isn't a stupid question... Will the price be lower or higher if you were to wait until late November/early December to buy than buying say today?

I doubt the price will drop by much for sometime to come but I don't think the price should go up either although supply may be limited.

Byakkotai
November 1st, 2012, 08:02 PM
Dealers that get adequate exposure (in more populated areas) will probably have enough foot-traffic that someone coming thru the doors are willing to pay the dealer OTD. What are you getting quoted OTD?

ChrisCusi
November 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM
I was told it would be somewhere just after 6k today.

Byakkotai
November 1st, 2012, 08:33 PM
Ohhh...I'd wait for Ninja300 to chime in then. A little over $6K was what I paid in Cali for one of the first two bikes to get to the dealer.

josefmd
November 2nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
I found a dealer near me that is selling 300's at MSRP+TTL/Doc fees! They are getting a green non abs within 2 weeks, so I am seriously thinking about putting down some cash to secure it. Go figure, the dealers that are not gouging people with the extra fees can't keep them on the showroom floor.

eyeheartny
November 2nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
Everything in San Diego County seems to be charging absurd markups still. I've been calling and emailing and everyone is unwilling to budge on the bogus fees.

Any idea if the Costco deal is available in the area? If not, looks like a long wait for me...I refuse to pay more than MSRP + tax.

josefmd
November 2nd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Everything in San Diego County seems to be charging absurd markups still. I've been calling and emailing and everyone is unwilling to budge on the bogus fees.

Any idea if the Costco deal is available in the area? If not, looks like a long wait for me...I refuse to pay more than MSRP + tax.

Pretty sure the Costco deal is no longer avail other then the $250 gift card thingy!!

Ninja300
November 4th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I was told it would be somewhere just after 6k today.

Low $6k is what you can expect for the next couple months then it should drop around $100 a month as locals buy their 300's & once most people in the area have bought their 300's they've been dying for & waiting for it will be just regular foot traffic in the stores & people seeing other's on 300's & getting interested enough to want one of their own who will be buying them up.

The AZ dealers I've spoken too (around 10 or so) have all said it will be a "few" months before prices normalize. They are basing this on Kawasaki's limited release & popularity. This bike looks great & is a perfect starter bike for people with the money so they will be in demand for a while.

I'd say in AZ expect to pay low $6k for a month or 2 then high $5k for another couple months at least then mid $5k then low $5k where it should stay by 6 months

However I do know a dealer who can get you one for mid $5k now. I'll have to ask him if he can do that pricing for others. If so I'll give you his contact info & you can tell him I sent you & he'll give you a low otd no haggle no bs price. He can get $6.5k for them right now so to sell them for a $1k less he's being fair & reasonable which is asking a lot for a dealer.

Let me know if you are in AZ & want to buy a new ninja 300 for $1k less than what the other dealers are selling for.

If you want a ninja 300 for mid $5k's in AZ you can wait months & months or go through the dealership I'm going through.

Rekognize
November 4th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Let me know if you are in AZ & want to buy a new ninja 300 for $1k less than what the other dealers are selling for.

Likewise, if you're in Ontario, Canada, I can refer you to my dealer who only wants msrp+tax.

ChrisCusi
November 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Low $6k is what you can expect for the next couple months then it should drop around $100 a month as locals buy their 300's & once most people in the area have bought their 300's they've been dying for & waiting for it will be just regular foot traffic in the stores & people seeing other's on 300's & getting interested enough to want one of their own who will be buying them up.

The AZ dealers I've spoken too (around 10 or so) have all said it will be a "few" months before prices normalize. They are basing this on Kawasaki's limited release & popularity. This bike looks great & is a perfect starter bike for people with the money so they will be in demand for a while.

I'd say in AZ expect to pay low $6k for a month or 2 then high $5k for another couple months at least then mid $5k then low $5k where it should stay by 6 months

However I do know a dealer who can get you one for mid $5k now. I'll have to ask him if he can do that pricing for others. If so I'll give you his contact info & you can tell him I sent you & he'll give you a low otd no haggle no bs price. He can get $6.5k for them right now so to sell them for a $1k less he's being fair & reasonable which is asking a lot for a dealer.

If you want a ninja 300 for mid $5k's in AZ you can wait months & months or go through the dealership I'm going through.

Yes, yes please!!

eyeheartny
November 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Pretty sure the Costco deal is no longer avail other then the $250 gift card thingy!!

Can anyone else verify this? It sounds from reading this thread that the Costco deal is alive and well.

josefmd
November 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Can anyone else verify this? It sounds from reading this thread that the Costco deal is alive and well.

https://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.aspx?gotourl=%2fkawasaki%2fdefault.aspx

bergen
November 5th, 2012, 10:16 AM
$5500 + $499 PDI for Non ABS in Vancouver, Canada

Ninja300
November 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM

Read my previous post in this thread. If you don't believe me or think they may have changed it back or that it's different in your region then I also provided the links & numbers to verify it yourself or double check.

JBinSD
November 5th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Just got off the phone with the Sales Manager @ NC House of Motorcycles, Tyson, he said the demand is crazy for the 300 right now, he's still making deals on them, and he's ordered a bunch more, but they're no longer doing the Costco deal based on the demand.

Still worth a call to get in line with a deposit if you want one, tell him Joel sent you, maybe someday they'll actually sponsor me ;-) (but I doubt it)

Byakkotai
November 5th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Just got off the phone with the Sales Manager @ NC House of Motorcycles, Tyson, he said the demand is crazy for the 300 right now, he's still making deals on them, and he's ordered a bunch more, but they're no longer doing the Costco deal based on the demand.

Still worth a call to get in line with a deposit if you want one, tell him Joel sent you, maybe someday they'll actually sponsor me ;-) (but I doubt it)

Still trying to help people get their 300s :clapping:

JBinSD
November 5th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I think I'm the only one racing a 300 this weekend at Chuckwalla; I'd like to get a full grid of 300 supersports out there, but it'll take time and riders.

eyeheartny
November 5th, 2012, 09:33 PM

Thanks for the update. I have an email in to Tyson asking about the deal you got, so we'll see what he comes back with. I'll update here with actual numbers once I have them.

Ninja300
November 5th, 2012, 09:52 PM
If you want a Ninja 300 in AZ for mid $5k's PM me.

I know the one way to get a new Ninja 300 in AZ for mid $5k's. You can pay $1k more & get it now somewhere else now or you can wait months & months for the prices to drop or you can PM me & I'll tell you the dealer to go to & how to do it. :thumbup:

RockyCapone
November 8th, 2012, 11:28 AM
My local added these to the price freight 399, handling 199, doc fees 199. Is that right?! Price of bike is $4799.00 and of course tax 425.00. total otd is $6020.00 plus plates.

GreenNinja
November 8th, 2012, 11:37 AM
My local added these to the price freight 399, handling 199, doc fees 199. Is that right?! Price of bike is $4799.00 and of course tax 425.00. total otd is $6020.00 plus plates.

Local dealer her only added freight, tag, and tax. I don't know about that extra $400 BS they are charging you. Wait it out if you have patience.

Old Guy on a '08
November 8th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I'd ask them "Freight! :confused: Freight???? :eek: Freight from Where?" Then tell them, "I'll pick it up myself"... :D It would make a "Great Road Trip"... make a good thread for here too...
:rotflmao:

RockyCapone
November 8th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I'd ask them "Freight! :confused: Freight???? :eek: Freight from Where?" Then tell them, "I'll pick it up myself"... :D It would make a "Great Road Trip"... make a good thread for here too...
:rotflmao:800 bucks in bs. Id actually put it together myself also. I was talking with my fiancee and they can stick it. We are going to search for a 2010-2011 250 they can be found all day long for about 3k. Besides Obama's still in office we should be seeing a bunch for sale soon enough. :D

josefmd
November 9th, 2012, 07:33 AM
800 bucks in bs. Id actually put it together myself also. I was talking with my fiancee and they can stick it. We are going to search for a 2010-2011 250 they can be found all day long for about 3k. Besides Obama's still in office we should be seeing a bunch for sale soon enough. :D

:thumbup::D Right on brother!!

MNDruggist
November 9th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Drove my Black non-ABS 300 home yesterday. It was at the dealership for over a week. I had to wait for temps above freezing due to my lack of cold weather gear.

Bike: $4599.00
MN motor vehicle sales tax: $298.93
MN plates/registration: $125.00
My out the door price was $5022.93

I was pumped that the dealer gave me an off-season discount. I originally ordered the bike at $100 off MSRP. (my first OTD price quote was $5467.68) I wasn't expecting a deal on a special order. If anyone else is looking for 2012 SE 250 ninja they have 2 brand new in stock that you could get for about $3900 OTD.

Insurance was cheaper than I expected. At american family I'm paying $189.00 a year for full coverage and a $500 deductible. :thumbup:

NinjetteNewfie
November 9th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Drove my Black non-ABS 300 home yesterday. It was at the dealership for over a week. I had to wait for temps above freezing due to my lack of cold weather gear.

Bike: $4599.00
MN motor vehicle sales tax: $298.93
MN plates/registration: $125.00
My out the door price was $5022.93

I was pumped that the dealer gave me an off-season discount. I originally ordered the bike at $100 off MSRP. (my first OTD price quote was $5467.68) I wasn't expecting a deal on a special order. If anyone else is looking for 2012 SE 250 ninja they have 2 brand new in stock that you could get for about $3900 OTD.

Insurance was cheaper than I expected. At american family I'm paying $189.00 a year for full coverage and a $500 deductible. :thumbup:

Pics or it didn't happen!! :p

MNDruggist
November 10th, 2012, 06:10 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/mamohr686/ninja300.png

Just a cell phone pic for now, but it will have to do.

ChrisCusi
November 12th, 2012, 12:48 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/mamohr686/ninja300.png

Just a cell phone pic for now, but it will have to do.

More please. :) (I'm looking to get a black 300) :thumbup:

kpcruz
November 13th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I bought my 300 over the weekend from Paulson's Kawasaki down in Lacey, WA. They said that the Costco pricing was ceased last month but he gave it to me anyways.

$5500 OTD

I had to drive it home on the freeway for an hour in the dark. Before that, I've never even ridden above 20 mph outside a parking lot! LOL

ChrisCusi
November 13th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I bought my 300 over the weekend from Paulson's Kawasaki down in Lacey, WA. They said that the Costco pricing was ceased last month but he gave it to me anyways.

$5500 OTD

I had to drive it home on the freeway for an hour in the dark. Before that, I've never even ridden above 20 mph outside a parking lot! LOL

Congrats! :thumbup: What color?

RockyCapone
November 14th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Dare you to say white:madtyping:

kpcruz
November 14th, 2012, 09:43 PM
uhhh....the "majority" color...hehehe

Tigerpaw
November 24th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I found a dealer near me that is selling 300's at MSRP+TTL/Doc fees! They are getting a green non abs within 2 weeks, so I am seriously thinking about putting down some cash to secure it. Go figure, the dealers that are not gouging people with the extra fees can't keep them on the showroom floor.

Sounds awesome.

What dealer???

drbyatch
November 24th, 2012, 11:56 PM
TOOOO Much

Australia prices :(

sticker price on a honda (2012 CBR250) is around 7000 on road.

Sticker Price on 300 - Kawasaki Ninja 300 (ABS) – $6,699 RRP + ORC

:(

Tigerpaw
December 1st, 2012, 10:49 AM
Just bought a black 300. I had to drive a couple of hours to Louisville, KY from Dayton OH to utilize the Costco program. $5300 OTD. $250 Costco card coming in the mail. I was not a member before this so that cost $55. Approximately $95 in travel fuel costs. Puts me at about $5200 net for a color not available in Dayton yet.

Ride report coming tomorrow!

Old Guy on a '08
December 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM
Just bought a black 300. I had to drive a couple of hours to Louisville, KY from Dayton OH to utilize the Costco program. $5300 OTD. $250 Costco card coming in the mail. I was not a member before this so that cost $55. Approximately $95 in travel fuel costs. Puts me at about $5200 net for a color not available in Dayton yet.

Might mention the dealers name and cotact info...
Did you have toargue with them about the costco program?

Tigerpaw
December 1st, 2012, 04:46 PM
Might mention the dealers name and cotact info...
Did you have toargue with them about the costco program?

Mark @ S&S Powersports. Located in Clarksville, IN (just north of Louisville, KY). I had no problems with the deal. I actually did 99% of the transaction over the phone, before driving to the dealership. He said the Costco program brings them a lot of business. The dealership was busy because they are good people.

snot
December 1st, 2012, 05:14 PM
Awesome congratulations

josefmd
December 1st, 2012, 05:28 PM

Very nice!:thumbup: I am glad you found a great deal.

snot
December 1st, 2012, 05:30 PM
I am picking up my white one monday. 5400 OTD

josefmd
December 1st, 2012, 07:08 PM
I am picking up my white one monday. 5400 OTD

Which dealer? When I was pricing a 300 all the dealers around the Cinci area were throwing out numbers around 6000 OTD!!

Tigerpaw
December 1st, 2012, 07:25 PM
^^^ CCM was down to $5400 last I talked to them ^^^

josefmd
December 1st, 2012, 07:56 PM
^^^ CCM was down to $5400 last I talked to them ^^^

That's who I thought you were going to buy your 300 from. Why did you end up going down to IN? Because of the black?

Tigerpaw
December 2nd, 2012, 03:58 AM
That's who I thought you were going to buy your 300 from. Why did you end up going down to IN? Because of the black?

The combination of price and color.

As an added bonus we had a night out with dinner in Cincy at:

http://www.firehousegrillcincinnati.com/

and stayed the night at the casino/hotel:

http://www.horseshoe-indiana.com/casinos/caesars-indiana/hotel-casino/property-home.shtml

snot
December 2nd, 2012, 05:44 AM
Iron pony is giving good pricing, vista is 5747.00, rehmerts is who l am buying mine from

Alex
January 24th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Bump...

allanoue
January 25th, 2013, 05:21 AM
$5484 at Don's

Graugaard
January 26th, 2013, 03:17 AM
12634 $ in denmark.... ABS version, standard as ninna 250 . Oh did i forget to tell Denmark is the most expensive country in the world to Own a mc / car? :) after that comes a tax on 150 $ + 1000$ insurrance and insane fuel Price ón 8.20$ each gallon. Dont Whine :D

Lol sorry for typo writing ón a ipad... -.-

Old Guy on a '08
January 26th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Don't you just love socialism....

allanoue
January 27th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Don't you just love socialism....

Denmark spends 9.8% of GDP on healthcare. The life expectancy in Denmark is 78.6 years

US spends 15.2% of GDP
Life expectancy in the USA, 78.49

No one goes into bankruptcy because they get sick.

Do I love socialism? No, Are there things it does a lot better? Yes

Old Guy on a '08
January 27th, 2013, 09:55 PM
My ancestory is in Denmark and yes, there are a number of things that work over there. I recently had surgery. The surgeon was from Denmark and was extoling the many vertues of "The System" butcould't give me an answer as to why he'd moved to he states... perhaps the ability to make a better salary had something to do with it...

... but then Capatilism has it's own set of problems....

Graugaard
January 29th, 2013, 12:36 PM
DK is just an way too nice place for immigrants, homeless and the lower class... sorry dont wanna be political but it sux that i have to pay 55.000$ for my dream bike (zx10r 2012). dont even wanna hear what you guys have to pay for it <.<

allanoue
January 29th, 2013, 01:29 PM
. dont even wanna hear what you guys have to pay for it <.<

About a grand less then your 250:ashamed20:

five10
February 4th, 2013, 01:47 AM
*bump*

Anyone get a new 300 since? Approx. location and price breakdown would help a potential buyer :)

Kstorm21
February 4th, 2013, 02:37 AM
808ninjagurl got a 300 here in Hawaii....

Edit*screen name...sorry Noah.

imataiwanezz
February 4th, 2013, 02:40 AM
You bought a new 300? What happened to the 250 Kstorm21?

Kstorm21
February 4th, 2013, 02:44 AM
No...sorry, Just realized that was confusing. I was trying to say that 808ninjagurl got a 300.

superflytako
February 22nd, 2013, 09:27 PM
6480 OTD for the ABS model at Whittier, probably could've gone lower but it felt reasonable enough

AYB_
March 1st, 2013, 04:55 PM
Been quoted as 6200 OTD in Winnipeg Canada, so basically 300 above MSRP & tax. Picking one up as soon probably, waiting to hear if the cbr500r is amazing, which I don't think it will be given its power band and 8k red line

geeker
March 1st, 2013, 05:03 PM
I've got a buddy that just picked up a white 300 for $4500 cash in Bryant, AR. After sales tax, that'll put him around $4800. Pretty good deal. Too bad he noticed the left fairing was gapped when he brought it over yesterday.

Yakaru
March 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM
I few dollars over $5300. Used the Costco program.

GreenNinja
March 2nd, 2013, 06:54 AM
The 300 ABS model is for sale for 5000 in columbus, GA. I asked about the non-abs model and they said it was 4700. I guess they marked the ABS model down since no one was jumping on it. With taxes, 300 freight fee and tag I would take a stab it will be around 6000 unless I can talk the dealership down some more :) I asked about the pearl white one and they said they have sold four so far and they originally had five in stock.

antiant
March 4th, 2013, 08:56 PM
OMFG! This weekend out of curiosity, I plugged in a few zipcodes via the Costco program and got one "bite" from a particular dealership in So Cal. I asked (via email) how much each bike was, even the ABS, which I know is not part of the Costco program. Here is what I got:

Normal pricing for a white or black ex300 is 4799 msrp plus tax and fees totaling 6500.

Costco pricing is 5900 total plus Costco will give you a 250 dollar gas card when you register your bike with them.

Currently we only have the black for the Costco program. No white ones.

The abs version only comes in green. 5499 plus tax and fees totaling to 7335. We currently don’t have any for the Costco price either.

You can still get one for example a white one at regular price and costco will still give you a 250 dollar gas card when you register your bike with them.

Supply is just low for the Costco program until we get a few more in a month or so.

But black ones are ok

Seriously?!?! They must be out of their g@$#@$#@!! minds. They're also saying Costco will give me a $250 gas card, um... the last time I checked, it was a $250 cash card, it even says it on the site. Obviously, they're off the list as far as which dealership I'm going to deal with (if I even deal with one that is), but I just found it so ridiculous and comical all at once, that I thought I would share.

Yakaru
March 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM
OMFG! This weekend out of curiosity, I plugged in a few zipcodes via the Costco program and got one "bite" from a particular dealership in So Cal. I asked (via email) how much each bike was, even the ABS, which I know is not part of the Costco program. Here is what I got:

Seriously?!?! They must be out of their g@$#@$#@!! minds. They're also saying Costco will give me a $250 gas card, um... the last time I checked, it was a $250 cash card, it even says it on the site. Obviously, they're off the list as far as which dealership I'm going to deal with (if I even deal with one that is), but I just found it so ridiculous and comical all at once, that I thought I would share.

Yeah, I called a few before I found a dealer willing to give a reasonable price. Where in SoCal did you look, if you don't mind me asking?

tfkrocks
March 4th, 2013, 09:09 PM

7335 for ABS?! You're ****ing shitting me. I did way better than that without even really trying to negotiate. Definitely out of their minds.

antiant
March 4th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I called a few before I found a dealer willing to give a reasonable price. Where in SoCal did you look, if you don't mind me asking?Kawasaki of Hollywood/Honda of Hollywood‏. They weren't the only dealerships that I was able to find. I found about 3 others via the program, but I did not get any quotes from them yet. I about died when I read $7335. I can't even bring myself to respond to that email because my natural reaction to ridiculous stuff (aka stupidity) is to be super sarcastic, which is not good.

Yakaru
March 4th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Kawasaki of Hollywood/Honda of Hollywood‏. They weren't the only dealerships that I was able to find. I found about 3 others via the program, but I did not get any quotes from them yet. I about died when I read $7335. I can't even bring myself to respond to that email because my natural reaction to ridiculous stuff (aka stupidity) is to be super sarcastic, which is not good.

They are a joke and are actually not following the pricing program -- I actually complained to costco about them. Call John Burr cycles. www.johnburrcycles.com and ask for Hank.

antiant
March 4th, 2013, 09:12 PM
7335 for ABS?! You're ****ing shitting me. I did way better than that without even really trying to negotiate. Definitely out of their minds.I know! Talk about giving someone a heart attack through the computer, haha. I have not seen anyone on the forums I frequent, pay anywhere close to that price. Truly, unbelievable.

tfkrocks
March 4th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Hell I already think my price of $6700 was probably too much. $7335 is just... are they actually trying to sell anything?

Kstorm21
March 4th, 2013, 10:33 PM
$7335...that's Hawaii prices!

antiant
March 4th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Out of all the zipcodes I plugged in, I got 4 different dealerships. I did a little research on all 4 of the dealerships and Kawasaki of Hollywood didn't exactly come up with raving reviews (now I know why), but John Burr Cycles did.

tfkrocks - I thought the same. They knocked that one out of the ball park with that price, it's so left field that it has reached Star Trek status, "Where no man has gone before," lol. I'm still in shock.

five10
April 2nd, 2013, 12:55 AM
$5400 OTD Black Ninja 300 no-ABS, NorCal, last week. Will apply for the Costco Card to make it $5150.

psych0hans
April 2nd, 2013, 01:38 AM
Due for launch in India for approx 6300-6800 OTD non-ABS

allanoue
April 2nd, 2013, 05:36 AM
Out of all the zipcodes I plugged in, I got 4 different dealerships. I did a little research on all 4 of the dealerships and Kawasaki of Hollywood didn't exactly come up with raving reviews (now I know why), but John Burr Cycles did.

tfkrocks - I thought the same. They knocked that one out of the ball park with that price, it's so left field that it has reached Star Trek status, "Where no man has gone before," lol. I'm still in shock.

When do you plan to pull the trigger?

antiant
April 2nd, 2013, 06:41 AM
When do you plan to pull the trigger?It's looking around June or July, which is a little later than I anticipated, but c'est la vie. I signed up for the MSF finally and will be doing that in May. So, I have about a month or so to read and get ahead until then. I'm excited and can't wait to ride, as the weather here has been gorgeous...

Yesterday, after rain:
http://i50.tinypic.com/28rm5vq.jpg

Darling Ninja
April 2nd, 2013, 01:40 PM
Just got quoted in California.

White non-ABS - $5,400 OTD
Green ABS - $6,000 OTD

I put down a deposit (100% refundable), but I'm still shopping around. They said if I find a better deal elsewhere to let them know and they will try to match it.

Alex
April 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Good pricing, but I bet you could do even better if you opened the negotiation with "Do you know who I am?" :)

Darling Ninja
April 2nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
^^:thumbup:

I think I can get a better price, especially for the ABS model. The guy told me that they weren't selling many of them, because everyone wants the white one.

psych0hans
April 3rd, 2013, 02:57 AM
Good pricing, but I bet you could do even better if you opened the negotiation with "Do you know who I am?" :)

:whathesaid: Or just show him your work badge/ID or something... lol

varun_cali
April 27th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I'm looking around for a Special Edition non-ABS version in the Bay Area but not having much luck with pricing. No one seems to be willing to apply Costco pricing in lieu of high demand and low supply. Just got quoted $7000 OTD by the Hayward dealership and $6100 by Tracy. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction and recommend a dealer. My budget is $5,500 OTD cash deal. Where/who should I be calling?

allanoue
April 27th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I'm looking around for a Special Edition non-ABS version in the Bay Area but not having much luck with pricing. No one seems to be willing to apply Costco pricing in lieu of high demand and low supply. Just got quoted $7000 OTD by the Hayward dealership and $6100 by Tracy. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction and recommend a dealer. My budget is $5,500 OTD cash deal. Where/who should I be calling?

Pennsylvania

JohnnyBravo
April 27th, 2013, 07:17 PM
A hair under 5,900 SE OTD. Jacksonville Florida first of the month. Went by Nassau power sports today, and they had one with a bit over 300 miles traded in, and the price is dropping a bit.

Xplorguy
April 27th, 2013, 07:19 PM
^^:thumbup:

I think I can get a better price, especially for the ABS model. The guy told me that they weren't selling many of them, because everyone wants the white one.

Here in Oregon there is some availablility but the ABS is harder to come by and demanding full msrp and maybe a wait. And I think you need the special canister arrangement for CA emissions...which the Oregon 300's don't have.

Byakkotai
April 27th, 2013, 08:44 PM

Probably five10 will chime in and help ya out - probably not going to be able to snag an SE at that cash price. How far are you willing to go :D

varun_cali
April 28th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Probably five10 will chime in and help ya out - probably not going to be able to snag an SE at that cash price. How far are you willing to go :D

Not very far :) might have to settle for a white one then. five10, looking forward to some guidance from you as well.

five10
April 28th, 2013, 11:37 PM

Sounds about right. Dealerships don't want to offer the "Costco deal" unless they have to (ie, you're walking out, they ask you about Costco deals). The Costco deal also seems to be different for different dealerships.

East Bay Motorsports in Hayward will quote you a phone quote at MSRP ($6299?) + TTR (Tax, Title, and Registration).

$6100 is less than MSRP OTD. The price of the bike on that one is $5475+change. I don't know if anybody in the Bay Area has gotten a better price.. According to the poll, most people here are getting it for $6300.

If I were you, I'd look at all the latest OTD prices for the SE-ABS in our local area. Another number to compare to is a local OTD price for the non-ABS and add $400-500.

You can also try to wheel and deal within the next 2 days (end of month). Offer your price + a few $100 on the phone. Mention that Tracy offered you $6100 OTD and you'd like to do it for $5800. If they reject you, think of an excuse for them to give you a better deal (any student pricing? any end of month specials? anything for putting cash down now? can you ask the sales manager if there is a Costco price?).

Read the thread in my sig for additional advice. Pull a csmith and toss a wad of cash on the table while acting nonchalant (like a boss).

BTW, I have a sliver of hope that you can get ABS for $5500 OTD, but if you do, absolutely awesome mate!

Not very far :) might have to settle for a white one then. five10, looking forward to some guidance from you as well.

A white one ain't so bad compared to an invisible one lol. Good luck, have fun, see you on the road!

anacron
April 29th, 2013, 05:38 AM
2013 Ebony 300 bought from Mission motors for $5725 OTD. A bit high for my liking but I had money to spare so I pulled the trigger. Did some phone shopping and got an initial quote from Hollister powersports for $5600 and then called every other dealer in the Bay Area.

East Bay in Hayward offered to match the price after giving me some attitude so I decided against East Bay and went to Mission.

Xplorguy
April 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM
2013 Ebony 300 bought from Mission motors for $5725 OTD. A bit high for my liking but I had money to spare so I pulled the trigger. Did some phone shopping and got an initial quote from Hollister powersports for $5600 and then called every other dealer in the Bay Area.

East Bay in Hayward offered to match the price after giving me some attitude so I decided against East Bay and went to Mission.

How does that break down considering your CA sales taxes, licensing fees, other charges....?

anacron
April 29th, 2013, 09:31 AM
How does that break down considering your CA sales taxes, licensing fees, other charges....?

I don't have the paperwork in front of me but the break down would depend on the dealer... they could rearrange the figures as they please.

For example, they could list the base price below MSRP and increase the amounts for assembly and paperwork fees. It all depends on how the dealer wants to play it but your bottom line remains the same.

The dealer and I agreed on $5725 OTD and that's exactly how much I paid (all fees included).

antiant
April 29th, 2013, 06:56 PM
How much would a ninja 300 Non-SE cost if it had around 2,400 miles already on it? I found a guy who is trying to sell it for $5200, which I think is high, considering that I could get a brand new one for $200 more via the Costco program and 0 miles. Everything is stock and he says it's never been dropped, etc. I won't be able to take a physical look at it until Friday, maybe, if schedules do not conflict.

anacron
April 29th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Yeah... $5200 seems a bit steep for used and 2400 miles. Closer to the $5000 mark (maybe below $5000) would be a worthwhile deal.

You should shop around a bit to see what OTD prices are with the Costco deal. If its still a couple of hundred difference (and you can afford it) then a new one might be better. You could also use that as a bargaining chip to get the guy to go down on price.

Good luck!

Xplorguy
April 29th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Me, I like the new one idea. 2,400 miles is a long way from new. Break-in style? Service records? How many oil changes? When? Why is he selling? How did he use the bike?
If you like everything you see and here and ride it and its beautiful ...what about $4,400.....?

antiant
April 29th, 2013, 08:25 PM
All good points. I have checked a few Costco dealerships and know what I should be paying brand new. Recently, I checked a local dealer and he wanted $6300 for the non-SE, of course, I literally told him that he was crazy and that I would go somewhere else. I've received the gamut of excuses too, "It's in high demand," "I'm already losing on this," blah blah blah. Frankly, I dgaf what your (the dealer/seller) issues are, as they don't concern me and really, why do you think I care? The sympathy/guilt trip doesn't work on me. I also checked Kelley Blue Book for used and it was giving me the price of $4,3xx, which isn't too far off from $4,400. Fortunately, I have patience and I'm willing to wait and not overpay.

Xplorguy
April 29th, 2013, 11:32 PM
This is such a tough time of the year to find the bike you want at the price you should be able to pay. Here in Oregon nothing happens at the dealerships until early March and then they can't keep up with the right bikes (who knew when they had to place their orders months before.) So they only have so many coming in......You may have to cast your net a little farther away to find new at a fair price. Wish you well in your search and keep us posted!

anacron
April 29th, 2013, 11:52 PM
This is such a tough time of the year to find the bike you want at the price you should be able to pay. Here in Oregon nothing happens at the dealerships until early March and then they can't keep up with the right bikes (who knew when they had to place their orders months before.) So they only have so many coming in......You may have to cast your net a little farther away to find new at a fair price. Wish you well in your search and keep us posted!

Yup, this was exactly my situation when I was buying. There were two other people looking at my 300 as I was doing to paperwork. So, there's really no incentive for dealers to come down drastically on prices especially during riding season and with lots of demand for the 300.

It'll be interesting to see how much they'll go for in December 2013 (if there's any still leftover).

psych0hans
April 30th, 2013, 01:50 AM
7300$ Non ABS OTD... I've been Ripped :( Damn Indian taxes...

antiant
April 30th, 2013, 06:07 AM
You may have to cast your net a little farther away to find new at a fair price.

Yeah, I'm willing to travel to get the price I want. I have a lot of vacation time, so I just see it as a mini-vacation. :)

anacron
April 30th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Yeah, I'm willing to travel to get the price I want. I have a lot of vacation time, so I just see it as a mini-vacation. :)

Sounds like a sweet plan! I'm sure you'll be able to find great deals once you're at dealerships outside of the big cities.

varun_cali
April 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks five10, but I think you may have misread my post. I'm looking for a NON-ABS SE (Green). It seems like you were fortunate enough to have some dealer offer you that for $5,500 OTD. That's the dealer I should be speaking with LOL :) Can you point me in the right direction please? Right now, the lowest I've gotten on the Green Non-ABS is $6,100 OTD. Feel free to PM me the dealer info if you prefer not to post it publicly. Cheers!

antiant
April 30th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Sounds like a sweet plan! I'm sure you'll be able to find great deals once you're at dealerships outside of the big cities.Yeah, in fact other dealerships that are way out of the way (from where I am located) are offering what I am willing to pay, so it's a win win to me. I never checked my local dealerships because they don't participate in the Costco program, but I figured I'll ask just to see what number they were going to spit out and sure enough, it was blasphemous, lol.

Xplorguy
April 30th, 2013, 04:01 PM
It will be a good adventure picking up the bike and riding it home...

antiant
April 30th, 2013, 08:22 PM
I don't plan on that, I plan on towing it or shipping, as I am a beginner and won't have that type of riding experience yet.

Xplorguy
April 30th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Shipping may be pricey....hopefully you can recruit a friend with a pickup truck...still an adventure!

five10
May 1st, 2013, 12:50 AM
Thanks five10, but I think you may have misread my post. I'm looking for a NON-ABS SE (Green). It seems like you were fortunate enough to have some dealer offer you that for $5,500 OTD. That's the dealer I should be speaking with LOL :) Can you point me in the right direction please? Right now, the lowest I've gotten on the Green Non-ABS is $6,100 OTD. Feel free to PM me the dealer info if you prefer not to post it publicly. Cheers!

Yeap, misread your post. All of the quotes you got are high because the dealerships are trying to "set the bar" on the negotiation and they're setting it high. One reason may be because it's already riding season so there are a ton of riders flooding the market with demand -- coupled with seemingly low supply = high price... they set the price high because they can.

To clarify, I got mine for $5,400 OTD delivery. I also got mine at the end of March which coincided with the end of the fiscal quarter. Salesmen and dealerships do deals then, as stated in the post in my thread.

Here's what you can do.
1) Read the posts on my thread. Link in my signature.
2) Either set the bar for the OTD price yourself or set the bar using the other dealership's #'s -- in your case $6100.
On the phone, you can see if a dealership can match or beat that $6100 by a few hundred and talk them down a few hundred more in person. Take this quote and ask the next dealer to match or beat it. Wash, rinse, repeat, very simple.
3) When you get within a few hundred dollars of your asking price, go to the dealership with literally cash in hand (alla csmith in the post on my sig) and chat with them about the bike you want. This is probably the only way you will get the bike at the price you want.
4) Convince the dealer that they want the money in their pocket right that instant or you'll be taking your money somewhere else. Coincidentally, they're more receptive to that argument around the last 2 days of the month.

If there are any further questions regarding tips for buying new bikes, refer to my thread.

To address the dealership issue, it does not matter which dealership. 1) I got quotes from dealerships all over Norcal that's around the OTD $5500 mark over the phone and in person. The crux is the timing -- I did it at the end of March. This is the beginning of May. 2) No dealership will just give you some price that you found on the internet. Sometimes they don't even honor their own advertised prices. 3) Go earn the price by negotiating with them. No dealership will give you a low OTD price unless they have a very (VERY) large incentive to move that bike that instant. You might also get more stuff that you need like gear, supplies, and service deals.

Lastly, good luck with the buy. If you literally only have $5500, pull a csmith. If you don't get the price, either get a 250 or wait till later in the season where you'll have a larger money cushion -- for important things like bargaining, gear, insurance, etc. -- and the price drops as demand will wane.

Neenja
May 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM
Hi guys, I'm relatively new here. From SoCal in Santee (East San Diego County).

I got lucky and got mine for $4300 in LA for a pearl non-abs with back seat cargo bag and two bros exhaust with only 1,500 miles from a RN!!!!! It was worth the 4 hour drive. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Before that Had 5000 cash in hand and no dealer was willing to go that low. I called each one in the county and walked in and they gave me OTD pricing of $6300-6700 for non-ABS models. Only dealer that has had a good deal is Vey's Powersports in El Cajon. They had a non-ABS OTD price for $5400 but that was just one and it sold quick.

I also tried to use the Costco program but due to "high demand" there were no dealer's that would work with their pricing at the time I checked.

There has been some in La area going for $5k when i checked. Just make sure that they are paid off and have the title.

antiant
May 7th, 2013, 03:56 PM
$5642.46 OTD (not too bad), I am a new owner! Will be shipped, probably tomorrow or sometime by the end of the week. ^_^

allanoue
May 7th, 2013, 04:04 PM
$5642.46 OTD (not too bad), I am a new owner! Will be shipped, probably tomorrow or sometime by the end of the week. ^_^

:jumping40::cheer2:congratulations:happy50::jumping20:

anacron
May 7th, 2013, 04:24 PM

Congrats! Which color?

JohnnyBravo
May 7th, 2013, 04:47 PM

Congrats!!! Got cheaper than me!

antiant
May 7th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks all! Stardust white, yeah I told the dude I was only going to pay a certain amount. Luckily, I only had to travel an hour away and didn't have to go down to l.a. or the bay area. MSF for me starts tomorrow and the weekend, hopefully I pass lol.

Xplorguy
May 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Good Job! You did very well.... Persistence Pays!! You will enjoy the MSF course too.............

tfkrocks
May 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM

Awesome :thumbup:

tfkrocks
May 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I saw a 300 w/ABS including Power Commander, frame sliders, and Pazzo levers for only $4950 on Craigslist. Not even past the break-in period. I tried to jump on it but it was sold to the very first person. Would've gotten there first if there had been a practical way to pull out that much cash at odd hours :(

CycleCam303
May 25th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Start hitting multiple ATMs... You know cause I've never been to 6 different ones in one day before....

Darling Ninja
May 30th, 2013, 11:06 AM
For those who have purchased the Ninja 300, do they give you temporary insurance before you ride off? I am thinking of getting mine this weekend.

c-dog
May 30th, 2013, 11:17 AM
No I don't think so. Not for me, maybe in other states, but I doubt it.

I knew the serial number of my bike before picking up so I just did it online a 2 days before picking it up. If you don't know your serial number yet and will find out when you purchase, you can phone in for insurance also - at least with Progressive who I use.

Alex
May 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM
If you already have motorcycle insurance on another bike, the policy typically covers new vehicles you purchase for a 3-day grace period. Call your insurance company / agent ahead of time to confirm the details.

LT505
June 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM
Got a black one today for $5300 out the door. Out of 10 dealers I called this is the only one that was not gouging the price of the black one to $5000 , $5900 out the door. Glad I was able to find one though! So excited.

psych0hans
June 1st, 2013, 08:08 PM
Got a black one today for $5300 out the door. Out of 10 dealers I called this is the only one that was not gouging the price of the black one to $5000 , $5900 out the door. Glad I was able to find one though! So excited.

Congratulations on the new bike!!! :D

joe_5700
June 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
I don't plan on that, I plan on towing it or shipping, as I am a beginner and won't have that type of riding experience yet.

Oh come on be adventurous. I bought my first bike (a white 300) a week after MSF and rode it back home 50+ miles no problem. The 300 felt natural after about 5 miles.

antiant
June 3rd, 2013, 01:21 PM
Oh come on be adventurous. I bought my first bike (a white 300) a week after MSF and rode it back home 50+ miles no problem. The 300 felt natural after about 5 miles.I also didn't have my M1 at the time nor could I risk getting caught (for reasons I won't go into). I'm happy with my choice and I'm still adventurous. :)

joe_5700
June 3rd, 2013, 01:48 PM
I also didn't have my M1 at the time nor could I risk getting caught (for reasons I won't go into). I'm happy with my choice and I'm still adventurous. :)

Ok. Now this is what is so strange to me. The order of operations in my twisted mind was to first get my M endorsement and then get a motorcycle. I think I was the ONLY one in the MSF class who DIDN'T already own a motorcycle... Is it just me? Putting a bike on a trailer or in the back of a pickup just seems...stupid... Don't buy the damn thing if you canonot legally ride it! :) /rant

allanoue
June 3rd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Ok. Now this is what is so strange to me. The order of operations in my twisted mind was to first get my M endorsement and then get a motorcycle. I think I was the ONLY one in the MSF class who DIDN'T already own a motorcycle... Is it just me? Putting a bike on a trailer or in the back of a pickup just seems...stupid... Don't buy the damn thing if you canonot legally ride it! :) /rant

Maybe not just you but certainly a small irrelevant minority opinion.

joe_5700
June 3rd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Maybe not just you but certainly a small irrelevant minority opinion.

Please explain how this logic is irrelevant?

allanoue
June 3rd, 2013, 02:57 PM
Calling people stupid on one of your first posts on this site is not logical.
I will PM you.

joe_5700
June 3rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
Calling people stupid on one of your first posts on this site is not logical.
I will PM you.

Sorry. To me it just doesn't make any sense (buying a motorcycle and not being able to legally ride it). Hopefully your PM will straighten me out. Thanks.

antiant
June 3rd, 2013, 05:27 PM
Ok. Now this is what is so strange to me. The order of operations in my twisted mind was to first get my M endorsement and then get a motorcycle. I think I was the ONLY one in the MSF class who DIDN'T already own a motorcycle... Is it just me? Putting a bike on a trailer or in the back of a pickup just seems...stupid... Don't buy the damn thing if you canonot legally ride it! :) /rantHoly shyt! People think differently than you and have a different modus operandi, imagine that! What is this world coming to?!?!

Tigerpaw
June 3rd, 2013, 05:49 PM
Oh come on be adventurous. I bought my first bike (a white 300) a week after MSF and rode it back home 50+ miles no problem. The 300 felt natural after about 5 miles.

What did you pay OTD?

GreenNinja
June 3rd, 2013, 06:36 PM

Being adventurous is one thing but dropping the bike your first day will make your day very crappy. antiant, if you have not done the course yet then I wouldn't recommend buying. I've seen people spend the money only to realize motorcycles are not for them. Dropping a new bike on first day or buying it and then realizing that you don't like motorcycling is a pretty expensive trial and error in my opinion.

allanoue
June 3rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Being adventurous is one thing but dropping the bike your first day will make your day very crappy. antiant, if you have not done the course yet then I wouldn't recommend buying. I've seen people spend the money only to realize motorcycles are not for them. Dropping a new bike on first day or buying it and then realizing that you don't like motorcycling is a pretty expensive trial and error in my opinion.
She posted May 12th
I passed too today, wo0t! Also, HELL YEAH!

antiant
June 3rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
LOL, oh man, this is epic.

joe_5700
June 4th, 2013, 06:44 AM
What did you pay OTD?

Before taxes I paid $4799.

joe_5700
June 4th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Holy shyt! People think differently than you and have a different modus operandi, imagine that! What is this world coming to?!?!

What I am surprised about is the putting the cart before the horse modus operandi that is being employed by most. Imagine my embarassment as I got the keys to my 300 and I hopped on and drove off the lot. There were several people who came over to compliment the looks of the white 300 while I was putting my gear on. I now know they were mocking me because I was not strapping it down in a trailer or pickup to drive home. Looking back I also wished that my 300 would have been dry docked in my garage instead while I showed it off to friends, but was not able to legally ride it. I went through the MSF training, did my due diligence and got the bike as the last step. I'm not making that mistake again. I couldn't be more miserable right now.

allanoue
June 4th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Before taxes I paid $4799.

What was your OTD?
Taxes, tags, uncreating, undercoating charges?

joe_5700
June 4th, 2013, 07:19 AM
What was your OTD?
Taxes, tags, uncreating, undercoating charges?

Salex tax=7% ($335.93)
Uncrating/setup = $0
Delivery charge = $0
Undercoating- They tried to sell me extended warranty, tire protection, service plans, battery coverage, and $800 gap coverage. I turned everything down. I have not yet plated my 300, so I am unsure what the cost will be to plate/register. I will be doing this next week.

To me, OTD should be your negotiated price for the bike + setup and delivery. Since sales tax, registration/plates vary as well as service plans and extended warranties added to the deal will make apples to oranges comparisons.

GreenNinja
June 4th, 2013, 08:48 AM
The reason why people compare OTD price is because some dealerships can lower the price of the bike but then compensate by charging extra on the "paperwork fees" to compensate. You may seem like you are getting a deal but in the end, they got you instead. If the difference in OTD price is only by a couple of hundred then people just figure it is due to the sales tax.