View Full Version : OldTimers Resurrected Ninja

OldTimer
September 19th, 2012, 06:02 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-g2CLEPONpik/UFpp8Xvnv1I/AAAAAAAAACA/d_tvzU4rKlo/s673/2012-09-19

R1Chronicles
September 19th, 2012, 06:12 PM
It's leaking pieces ... :)

OldTimer
September 19th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Yes, resurrections come with left over screws... :D

Motofool
September 19th, 2012, 07:37 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

LoneRonin
September 19th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Like the Sunbeam Red paint job, but man that thing looks ancient...Can't believe they took 20+ years to change it, and the new one got replaced in 5...all because of the CBR250

OldTimer
September 20th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Considering it was wadded up by a car accident and sat in pieces for 4 years in someones garage its a small miracle that its back in one piece and running again. I bought this as a basketcase from a Pastor who was taken out by someone making a left in front of him. The Pastor bought new forks and skins for the bike but never completed the resurrection project. You'd think a man of the cloth would know something about resurrections :eek:

cerberusrex25
September 21st, 2012, 02:32 PM
The Pastor bought new forks and skins for the bike but never completed the resurrection project. You'd think a man of the cloth would know something about resurrections :eek:

iLOL'd. Great job on the necromancing, it looks great, how does it run?

OldTimer
September 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM
Necromancing! I love the term as applied to rebuilding bikes, kinda ties in video games and mechanics, hehehe... The bike is still a work in progress... It runs but seems to go flat on power right where it should be building up steam around 6krpm. I am going to go back in and check the valve lash clearance and the carbs. Its almost like the ignition is not advancing which should not happen since its all electronically controlled. The bike does handle well and tracks straight. I did an iron cross on it last week and she held her line so I know the frame and forks are straight. It has a salvage title so I have to get it to pass inspection before I can title it for the road again. It has to be all back together looking original or the FDMV will not let me put it on the road. Once that happens, I will probably sell the plastics off her and make her into a cafe racer project bike. I have been using a tag off another bike while riding it around trying to sort it out. Hope Johnny Law doesn't catch me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad1Umj6hxMw

rabies
September 22nd, 2012, 03:23 PM
heresy...i like the orange