View Full Version : Check it out, Costco's ninja 300 pricing

azn370z
September 29th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Select Model

Unsure of the model you want? Locate a Dealer to assist you with your selection.

2012 NinjaŽ 1000
2013 NinjaŽ 1000
2012 NinjaŽ 1000 ABS
2013 NinjaŽ 1000 ABS
2012 NinjaŽ 250R
2013 NinjaŽ 300

arnoldc6
September 29th, 2012, 01:46 AM
You promised pricing. All is here are three models and two years...

Jiggles
September 29th, 2012, 01:57 AM
The 250 isn't on their list and I doubt the 300 is either

Monkeytofu
September 29th, 2012, 02:19 AM
The 250 isn't on their list and I doubt the 300 is either

It's there. Go enter in your info and give us some prices.

NJ Ninjette
September 29th, 2012, 05:23 AM
It's there. Go enter in your info and give us some prices.

Confirmed, very tempting to get a quote....

gt_turbo
September 29th, 2012, 06:50 AM
awesome! now go get us some quotes!

Heed
September 29th, 2012, 08:16 AM
So basically you get a discount from participating dealers if you're a Costco member?

Yasko
September 29th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Worthless trend. What about the price????????

Lil_Green_Demon
September 29th, 2012, 10:06 AM
This thread lacks the thread title's claim.

lgk
September 29th, 2012, 10:27 AM
patiently waiting for results:)

Aggrotech
September 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM
hmm..Have a membership with costco, i could technically just put in a different area code and get you guys some prices, right?

Jiggles
September 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM
hmm..Have a membership with costco, i could technically just put in a different area code and get you guys some prices, right?

Nope

azn370z
September 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM
The price is a little less than msrp but you don't have to pay for the freight and assembly fee. I think paying for a $55 membership to save about $800 plus is a good deal. Every Kawasaki dealer should be a costco partner, if you have a costco in your state.

Jiggles
September 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
The price is a little less than msrp but you don't have to pay for the freight and assembly fee. I think paying for a $55 membership to save about $800 plus is a good deal. Every Kawasaki dealer should be a costco partner, if you have a costco in your state.

And that price is?

I don't think any dealer is going to have the 300 on the costco program

Aggrotech
September 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
And that price is?

I don't think any dealer is going to have the 300 on the costco program

Wilsons does here in fresno.

Confuzshuz
September 29th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Spoke with the dealer this morning

$4850 base price (slightly higher than msrp)

OTD $5550

Not too bad, but definitely not a steal since I got quoted $5836 OTD Nearby (non-costco deal).

I thought it would be 5K OTD, but I'm hesistant at $5550.

I even called Costco on this pricing cuz I really thought it was going to be lower. I'm waiting for me to call them back.

Jiggles
September 29th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Lol, MSRP is higher and it still has fees XD

Confuzshuz
September 29th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Lol, MSRP is higher and it still has fees XD

This what I called Costco about, rather complaining. Either the dealer was still stiffing me or Costco has gotten smart with their pricing.

Either way, you still save on dealer fees since they are elminated and don't forget the $250 gift card from Costco. But still, not something to jump for joy.

Heed
September 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
$5,550 OTD sounds good for California.

Jiggles
September 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM
This what I called Costco about, rather complaining. Either the dealer was still stiffing me or Costco has gotten smart with their pricing.

Either way, you still save on dealer fees since they are elminated and don't forget the $250 gift card from Costco. But still, not something to jump for joy.

Oh right I forgot about the $250, well that makes it worth it. Both bikes I bought through the costco program came out to a total of a few hundred over MSRP, thats including tax

Confuzshuz
September 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Just heard back from Costco. It sure is the correct price and they don't expect the price to down til end of 1st or early 2nd quarter of 2013.

If I can be convinced, I might get it if it's still available tomorrow.

CZroe
September 29th, 2012, 07:50 PM

Really? Then where did the extra 700 come from (OTD-base)? That's not all tax, so some must be typical BS fees.

JBinSD
September 29th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I'm stoked Costco is doing this product too, but surprised the starting price is above MSRP. I almost bought a ZX10-R from them, and the OTD was just about MSRP, including tax doc lic etc.

I made a $5500 cash OTD offer on the phone, and they said maybe once they get more bikes in, but not now. With the Costco deal, I'd be saving $200 over my offer, and so essentially $5300 after costco cash card reduction. Woohoo, white or green? hmmm.

Confuzshuz
September 29th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Really? Then where did the extra 700 come from (OTD-base)? That's not all tax, so some must be typical BS fees.

Tax, license, and registration....and tire recycling fee, electronic something fee, etc....

Remember, this is Southern California pricing. Your state, county, or city may/will vary.

lgk
September 29th, 2012, 08:53 PM

did they still have a separate model for california?

that could the extra expense

Confuzshuz
September 29th, 2012, 09:01 PM
did they still have a separate model for california?

that could the extra expense

I have no idea. These are typical government fees in California. Without the Costo deal, price would be over $6K+.

According to the dealer here is the breakdown (approximate, not exact):
$4849 msrp
$80 documentation
$431.29 tax
$150 dmv/registration
$29 electronic something BS fees
$3.50 tire recycling

lgk
September 29th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I have no idea. These are typical government fees in California. Without the Costo deal, price would be over $6K+.

According to the dealer here is the breakdown (approximate, not exact):
$4849 msrp
$80 documentation
$431.29 tax
$150 dmv/registration
$29 electronic something BS fees
$3.50 tire recycling

comparing them to here.
$4800 msrp
$240 the tax around here is is 5%
$90 dmv registration/title
$5130 legit OTD price for a VA buyer

doc fees are BS if you pay cash or already have a loan.
tire thing and prep fees are bs too.

Confuzshuz
September 29th, 2012, 10:22 PM
comparing them to here.
$4800 msrp
$240 the tax around here is is 5%
$90 dmv registration/title
$5130 legit OTD price for a VA buyer

doc fees are BS if you pay cash or already have a loan.
tire thing and prep fees are bs too.

I think all the fees are BS, but what are we to do. Again, those were the approximate fees given to me by the dealer over the phone. There is a discrepancy of $75 from dealer vs the dmv fee calculator (which is also approximate):

Current Registration: 43.00

Current California Highway Patrol: 23.00

Current Vehicle License Fee: 32.00

Current Motorcycle Safety : 2.00

Current County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies Fee: 1.00

Current Fingerprint ID Fee: 1.00

Current Auto Theft and/or DUI Crime Deterrence Program: 1.00

Current Air Quality Management District: 6.00

Current South Coast Air Basin: 1.00

Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee: 3.00

Use/Sales Tax: 424.00

Motorcycle Cross Index: 1.00

Reflectorized License Plate Fee: 1.00

Total Registration Fees: $115.00

Total Use/Sales Tax: $424.00

Grand Total Registration Fees: $539.00

Dealer quoted total fees (tax, license, registration): $613

Warstrider
September 29th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I do not think Costco offers ABS version....

Confuzshuz
September 29th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I do not think Costco offers ABS version....

Not yet...

Alex
October 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
So, who's going to be the first person to buy the bike through Costco and post up how the transaction went here?

Confuzshuz
October 1st, 2012, 03:47 PM
So, who's going to be the first person to buy the bike through Costco and post up how the transaction went here?

If I can get 55 people to donate $100 to my wallet, I will be the first.

I was going to do it last saturday, but I changed my mind. I can tell you, though, the sales guys aren't very happy about the 300 being on the costco program.

lgk
October 1st, 2012, 04:22 PM
Dealer quoted total fees: $613

:eek:

Jiggles
October 1st, 2012, 05:29 PM

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine I'll go get another bike

Boom King
October 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
Does Costco still have that super generous return policy? :D

Byakkotai
October 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine I'll go get another bike

Oh goodie, I hope we'll have another detailed "Costco Hooked It Up" (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96383) but this time not in the ex-ninjette lair :thumbup:

Jiggles
October 1st, 2012, 07:54 PM
Its so sad, both of those bikes are gone, one to heaven, and the other under the legs of another man :Cry:

JBinSD
October 1st, 2012, 09:48 PM
Done, :DNC House of Motos begrudgingly gave me the Costco deal, and I flogged it home tonight. Easiest transaction ever, he even faxed me the #'s before I got there.

Big Props to Tyson and the crew, they were efficient and professional (although the couldn't find the owner's manual).

I'd definitely reccommend the dealership, with or without the Costco deal. He was going to make me a good deal even before the Costco deal, but Costco, with the additional giftcard, made it even better.

Pics to follow tomorrow.:thumbup:

Alex
October 1st, 2012, 09:50 PM
Nice!

menikmati
October 1st, 2012, 09:55 PM
Done, :DNC House of Motos begrudgingly gave me the Costco deal, and I flogged it home tonight. Easiest transaction ever, he even faxed me the #'s before I got there.

Big Props to Tyson and the crew, they were efficient and professional (although the couldn't find the owner's manual).

I'd definitely reccommend the dealership, with or without the Costco deal. He was going to make me a good deal even before the Costco deal, but Costco, with the additional giftcard, made it even better.

Time to setup some group rides with other fellow SD...ninjetters....?

Robinhood
October 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
Time to setup some group rides with other fellow SD...ninjetters....?

+1

JBinSD
October 2nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
cool, I'm kinda committed to track-only, but before I strip it down, a ride wouldn't suck. . . . ;)

gt_turbo
October 2nd, 2012, 03:58 PM

what was your price OTD?

JBinSD
October 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
I'm sure the dealer would prefer I not divulge, but it was the Costco deal, but I think it was very reasonable. $5396.30 OTD, And I get a $250 Costco card for completing a survey afterwards, so my net is under $5200 OTD.:thumbup:

I told him I'd put a good word in for him on the forum, Tyson's a cool guy, if you're anywhere near SD, I'd reccommend NC House of Motorcycles.

Confuzshuz
October 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
I'm sure the dealer would prefer I not divulge, but it was the Costco deal, but I think it was very reasonable. $5396.30 OTD, And I get a $250 Costco card for completing a survey afterwards, so my net is under $5200 OTD.:thumbup:

I told him I'd put a good word in for him on the forum, Tyson's a cool guy, if you're anywhere near SD, I'd reccommend NC House of Motorcycles.

how much was documentation and did you get charged about $29 for some sort of electronic something fees?

Alex
October 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Why does that matter?

Confuzshuz
October 2nd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Why does that matter?

his fees were lower than what I was quoted by about $150.
about $50 is the difference in sd vs la sales tax.

I'd like to know where the $100 difference comes from. I'm assuming the doc fees and electronic fees are part of it.

JBinSD
October 2nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
K, here ya go, supposedly "confidential".

Alex
October 2nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
Screaming deal. Congratulations, Joel! I'm kicking myself for not signing up for Costco, even if just for this single transaction.

Jiggles
October 2nd, 2012, 08:53 PM
Screaming deal. Congratulations, Joel! I'm kicking myself for not signing up for Costco, even if just for this single transaction.

ha :p

Also with a $250 costco card you can feed yourself for a year

gt_turbo
October 3rd, 2012, 04:32 AM
i am waiting for a kawi green one or a SE. how come everyone so far who purchased has white only? and our aussie member has the all black one, but no one has taken the fastest color yet.

Byakkotai
October 3rd, 2012, 07:18 AM
Here in the States, I think the white one was the color slated for "immediate release" (as the dealer put it when they were putting in orders). And now that I have my 300, probably won't be getting updates as to when the black or SE+ABS will be available here...so hopefully others who are still waiting for those colors can chime in and help their peers know if they spot one at their local dealer ;)

Alex
October 3rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
Why would someone want anything other than white? Clearly that's the best and fastest color. :)

Byakkotai
October 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
Why would someone want anything other than white? Clearly that's the best and fastest color. :)

:amen:

bxkrish
October 3rd, 2012, 11:29 AM

Did you get 0% financing? that's great. Can you provide some details where I can get 0% financing?

Ninja Chris
October 3rd, 2012, 12:37 PM

I told him I'd put a good word in for him on the forum, Tyson's a cool guy, if you're anywhere near SD, I'd recommend NC House of Motorcycles.

Hey JB do you know Tyson's last name?

Confuzshuz
October 3rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
I hope you guys know that if you go through the Costco program, the dealer has to give you Costo's pricing. However, tax and government mandated fees may vary by county or city.

Jiggles
October 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
I hope you guys know that if you go through the Costco program, the dealer has to give you Costo's pricing. There will be no dealer prep, storage, or crate fees involved. However, tax and government mandated fees may vary by county or city.

Actually there can still be dealer fees on it. For example, my 1000 had a significantly reduced MSRP, I think it was all the way down to $9,969 but there was still dealer fees on it so my OTD price with tax ended up being a couple hundred over the original MSRP. Those dealer fees are written into the costco price though. Conversely, with my 650 there was no fees but the MSRP did not have as significant of a drop.

But the only thing that really matters is the OTD price and with the costco program (once the costco gift card is factored in) it has universily come out to a few hundred over MSRP out the door.

With larger more expensive bikes I'm confident you can get a better price than the costco price after negotiating but personally, I'd rather just :ride:

Confuzshuz
October 3rd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Actually there can still be dealer fees on it. For example, my 1000 had a significantly reduced MSRP, I think it was all the way down to $9,969 but there was still dealer fees on it so my OTD price with tax ended up being a couple hundred over the original MSRP. Those dealer fees are written into the costco price though. Conversely, with my 650 there was no fees but the MSRP did not have as significant of a drop.

But the only thing that really matters is the OTD price and with the costco program (once the costco gift card is factored in) it has universily come out to a few hundred over MSRP out the door.

With larger more expensive bikes I'm confident you can get a better price than the costco price after negotiating but personally, I'd rather just :ride:

Out of curiosity, were the dealer fees itemized on your invoice w/ the 1000?

Jiggles
October 3rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Yea, it was freight for $600

gt_turbo
October 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
fastest color

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb5k94xzHC1rpnj14o1_1280.jpg

Jiggles
October 3rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
fastest color

You fail

gt_turbo
October 3rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
You fail

you're just jealous you spent money on 2 - 250's and now there's a 300. LOL

Jiggles
October 3rd, 2012, 06:49 PM
you're just jealous you spent money on 2 - 250's and now there's a 300. LOL

I'm seriously considering suicide.

Confuzshuz
October 3rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
I'm seriously considering suicide.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Jiggles
October 3rd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Do it! Do it! Do it!

I'm taking you with me

Confuzshuz
October 3rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
I'm taking you with me

I'll see you in hell.....and don't forget to bring your bicycle.

algs26
October 3rd, 2012, 10:22 PM
So I filled out the costco form for a 300 and 250.

A referred dealer replied that the 300 was not on the list. :confused:

Another dealer quoted me (I back calculated to) ~4300 for a (non SE) 250 + that one guy's (JBinSD) PDF fees (tax+doc+license). And then of course the cash card.

I also found a barely used 250 at a dealer for $3.8k.

Byakkotai
October 3rd, 2012, 11:50 PM
This disclaimer that may be at the bottom of your Costco contact confirmation page may elude to why said dealer is not including the 300 :( -

"PLEASE Note: Certain motorcycles and powersport products may be excluded from the program due to circumstances including, but not restricted to, limited supply, high demand and/or dealer participation."

On another note, this forum attracts a pretty good amount of attention from its Costco threads (eg. if someone searches ninja 300 costco) :D

Confuzshuz
October 4th, 2012, 12:55 AM
So I filled out the costco form for a 300 and 250.

A referred dealer replied that the 300 was not on the list. :confused:

Another dealer quoted me (I back calculated to) ~4300 for a (non SE) 250 + that one guy's (JBinSD) PDF fees (tax+doc+license). And then of course the cash card.

I also found a barely used 250 at a dealer for $3.8k.

Call your back your dealer that Costco provided and tell them it just recently became available on the Costo program and have them check for themselves. There's a great possibilty that they don't even know it's part of the program.

JBinSD
October 4th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah, what he said , my dealer didn't know they added the 300 to the list until I told him. He then didn't know the pricing, until I had him call Costco and get it. The Costco deal is all pre-arranged, the dealers can't change it pursuant to their contract with Costco. Taxes are based on residence, so you can come down to SD and buy from Tysone (McCarole) @ North County House of Motorcycles 760 433-4333 (shamless plug, he owes me) and ride it home to wherever you live.

White is the initial release color, its a good thing its what I wanted ;-) Now I just need some sponsor's stickers to pay for tires. . . .

algs26
October 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I spoke the contact specifically listed in the auto-response email. Only the cash card. Costco will "research" the issue and get back to me.

It doesn't really bother me that they're not giving deals on the 300. Fair enough. It's that I almost drove down there again to only find out that there's no special pricing.

JBinSD
October 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Algs, the dealer closest to you may not be honoring the Costco deal, but others will, you just might have to travel a bit. I got lucky because the Costco is a mile from my office, and the dealer is next door.

I spoke with the Sales Manager, Tyson McCarole, and he'd be happy to sell a couple hundred of these bikes to everyone on the forum. He doesn't make hardly anything on the Costco deal, but he's in business to sell bikes. Tell him Joel sent ya, he'll treat you right (760) 433-4333 (North County House of Motorcycles, in Vista, CA ((north San Diego, 30 mins from OC). Geez, I sound like an ad, I get nothing outta this, but trying to help some brutha's out a good deal is good karma I hope.

bxkrish
October 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I am in State of WA and I have the Costco deal with my dealer. But the price they are quoting is the following.

Costco MSRP
Non ABS $4,849.00
Other fees
Tax $475.20
Doc $150.00
Title $95.00

Is this reasonable? How do I verify the "Other fees" ?

Alex
October 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM
What does "other fees" mean in your post? Is that the total of the tax/doc/title, or are there additional fees on top of those three? If it's the former, it seems close to me. A little under MSRP, tax which isn't negotiable, and then a doc/title fee, which isn't particularly significant.

Jiggles
October 5th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I am in State of WA and I have the Costco deal with my dealer. But the price they are quoting is the following.

Costco MSRP
Non ABS $4,849.00
Other fees
Tax $475.20
Doc $150.00
Title $95.00

Is this reasonable? How do I verify the "Other fees" ?

Well let's see

Tax $475.20

AFAIK this is voluntary and not required. Tell the dealer to suck it

Doc $150.00
Title $95.00

More BS crap. This is all fancy shmancy paperwork that is unnecessary. It's not necessary to have the bike registered and and in your name to ride it on the street, it'll ride fine either way. And even if it is illegal, so is smoking weed and people do that all the time. Tell the dealer to eat it.

But for real, thats as good as a deal as you're going to get, take it.

bxkrish
October 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM
What does "other fees" mean in your post? Is that the total of the tax/doc/title, or are there additional fees on top of those three? If it's the former, it seems close to me. A little under MSRP, tax which isn't negotiable, and then a doc/title fee, which isn't particularly significant.

Thanks for the response.

Yes, the "other fees" is all about tax/doc/title.

WA tax is high.

Just wanted to know if doc fees is negotiable if it is going to dealers pocket. If it is something going to State Govt. then that should be standard. But I do not know what others are paying for these items. Isn't there a website to check State wise fees for these?

The MSRP is for the White Ninja and not the SE edition. So I think it is $50 more.

Stock trim - $4799
SE - $4999

Probably will take it. If someone can also help me how to get financing. The dealer is quoting at 6.95%. Can I get less than that somewhere else?

Please advise.

bxkrish
October 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Well let's see

AFAIK this is voluntary and not required. Tell the dealer to suck it

More BS crap. This is all fancy shmancy paperwork that is unnecessary. It's not necessary to have the bike registered and and in your name to ride it on the street, it'll ride fine either way. And even if it is illegal, so is smoking weed and people do that all the time. Tell the dealer to eat it.

But for real, thats as good as a deal as you're going to get, take it.

Thanks. I will take it. I want to shop for the financing options at lower rates. Credit is good. Any ideas how to go about it?

Jiggles
October 5th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the response.

Yes, the "other fees" is all about tax/doc/title.

WA tax is high.

Just wanted to know if doc fees is negotiable if it is going to dealers pocket. If it is something going to State Govt. then that should be standard. But I do not know what others are paying for these items. Isn't there a website to check State wise fees for these?

The MSRP is for the White Ninja and not the SE edition. So I think it is $50 more.

Stock trim - $4799
SE - $4999

Probably will take it. If someone can also help me how to get financing. The dealer is quoting at 6.95%. Can I get less than that somewhere else?

Please advise.

That's a standard rate. You can ask if kawasaki is doing any special financing, usually you can get 1.99% if you open a new account with them. It is technichally a credit card not a loan but you can only use it to buy new kawasaki vehicles, lol

azn370z
October 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks. I will take it. I want to shop for the financing options at lower rates. Credit is good. Any ideas how to go about it?

Search online for a lower rate. Penfed credit union might be a little cheaper. Let me know if you're planning a 300 meet I would like to check out the bike. I'm planning to get mine after Dec.

bxkrish
October 5th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Search online for a lower rate. Penfed credit union might be a little cheaper. Let me know if you're planning a 300 meet I would like to check out the bike. I'm planning to get mine after Dec.

Thanks for the reference. I checked they have 6.49% going on right now.

Warstrider
October 5th, 2012, 05:41 PM

I am from Seattle and planning getting ABS after Dec.

I assume ABS model would be around $6300. I think I would put a deposit now if a dealer would offer OTD $6200 for ABS. What do you guys think?

azn370z
October 5th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I would imagine it will be around $6200. Let me know if you find out when the abs is out.

bxkrish
October 5th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I would imagine it will be around $6200. Let me know if you find out when the abs is out.

My dealer quoted following for ABS.

Costco ABS MSRP : $5,644
OTD : $6,442.11

azn370z
October 5th, 2012, 06:48 PM
My dealer quoted following for ABS.

Costco ABS MSRP : $5,644
OTD : $6,442.11

That's not Costco pricing?

bxkrish
October 5th, 2012, 06:58 PM
That's not Costco pricing?

It is Costco pricing. I cross checked with Costco as well.

azn370z
October 5th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Nice. Now I just need to know when it's out. Any of you guys check to see if the dealers offer delivery?

bxkrish
October 5th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Nice. Now I just need to know when it's out. Any of you guys check to see if the dealers offer delivery?
I was told early to mid November.

azn370z
October 5th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Good to know. The weather may not be that much better in Jan but I will wait until then.

kooshbox
October 8th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I WANT ONE!! Anyone know any Costco dealers around Ventura County, CA that will sell me this bike for $5,500 OTD? Plus the $250 cash card :) I'm about to take the train to SD and go grab one!

Confuzshuz
October 8th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I WANT ONE!! Anyone know any Costco dealers around Ventura County, CA that will sell me this bike for $5,500 OTD? Plus the $250 cash card :) I'm about to take the train to SD and go grab one!

go to the costco auto program website and fill out the info. they will provide you the dealer info.

kcaja1
October 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I did the Costco inquiry here in northern VA and the OTD for a non-ABS is $5211.69 plus you get the $250 Costco card so, real total is $4961.69

not bad, not bad at all!

The dealer has the white one available now and the sales guy told me if without the Costco the OTD is $5826.70. That's about $865.01 difference.

Do you think if I buy this today and sell it on spring next year, I won't be losing money?

Jiggles
October 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM
No

JBinSD
October 9th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Just spoke with Tyson @ NC House of Motorcycles, he got two more 300's in on Saturday, and they're both gone, but he's got a good allocation for more coming in, call and let him know your from the forum or that Joel sent ya, and he'll give ya the easy, awesome Costco deal. :thumbup:

Jiggles
October 9th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Algs, the dealer closest to you may not be honoring the Costco deal, but others will, you just might have to travel a bit. I got lucky because the Costco is a mile from my office, and the dealer is next door.

I spoke with the Sales Manager, Tyson McCarole, and he'd be happy to sell a couple hundred of these bikes to everyone on the forum. He doesn't make hardly anything on the Costco deal, but he's in business to sell bikes. Tell him Joel sent ya, he'll treat you right (760) 433-4333 (North County House of Motorcycles, in Vista, CA ((north San Diego, 30 mins from OC). Geez, I sound like an ad, I get nothing outta this, but trying to help some brutha's out a good deal is good karma I hope.

Yeah, what he said , my dealer didn't know they added the 300 to the list until I told him. He then didn't know the pricing, until I had him call Costco and get it. The Costco deal is all pre-arranged, the dealers can't change it pursuant to their contract with Costco. Taxes are based on residence, so you can come down to SD and buy from Tysone (McCarole) @ North County House of Motorcycles 760 433-4333 (shamless plug, he owes me) and ride it home to wherever you live.

White is the initial release color, its a good thing its what I wanted ;-) Now I just need some sponsor's stickers to pay for tires. . . .

Just spoke with Tyson @ NC House of Motorcycles, he got two more 300's in on Saturday, and they're both gone, but he's got a good allocation for more coming in, call and let him know your from the forum or that Joel sent ya, and he'll give ya the easy, awesome Costco deal. :thumbup:

Tell him to buy a goddamn ad on the site then

JBinSD
October 9th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I guess I overstates my source (as did you repeating it all.). Clearly you're not shy @ posting your opinions either. But I agree, and won't flog this point any more. I was just responding to a bunch of Q's and pms re my purchase.

Track mods are starting to proceed nicely, will post with pics as they come together.

Confuzshuz
October 9th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I guess I overstates my source (as did you repeating it all.). Clearly you're not shy @ posting your opinions either. But I agree, and won't flog this point any more. I was just responding to a bunch of Q's and pms re my purchase.

Track mods are starting to proceed nicely, will post with pics as they come together.

Don't worry, it's only Jiggles. But I think the point is that it doesn't matter which dealer the buyer goes to. As long as the buyer goes through the costco program, he or she will get the costco price.

JBinSD
October 9th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Ha, thanx Con, and he's right, that was an over-plug on my part. With the costco deal, any participating dealer gives the same deal. I'm jealous of states with no or little sales tax, makes the deal even sweeter.

Bad part about buying the 300 now is there isn't much aftermarket yet, but its growing. I'm hoping to get a decent-sized 300 grid at Chuckwalla, so I'm trying to stir the economy and get peeps to buy these bikes, its gonna be fun on the track :-)

ChrisCusi
November 2nd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Think the Costco pricing will come back once it's not so hot?

ceke
November 2nd, 2012, 03:26 PM
I hope so, just stopped by my local dealer, Southbay Motorsports here in San Diego, and they wouldn't budge below $6400.

eyeheartny
November 4th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Hang on, so the Costco deal is no longer valid in San Diego? I was all set to go with JBinSD's friend Tyson for my bike. Bummer if the deal is off!

Baja
November 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM
My son and I picked up his new Ninja 300 yesterday. We had to go out of state to get the Costco deal because the local Costco Kawasaki dealer wouldn't sell a new 300 on the Costco deal.

We paid $4850 otd and also got a free tee shirt and and a set of tie-down straps. We will pay tax, title and registration in our home state. After those taxes, fees and the Costco $250 gift card we will be about $5150 total for the bike.

UPDATE ; Taxes were a little less than I expected. We ended up at $5,088 total.

EMSRacer07
November 7th, 2012, 05:04 PM
in AZ the costco deal is over for the 300 and zx6 :( wonder if it will go back on later on?

RockyCapone
November 8th, 2012, 10:39 AM
in AZ the costco deal is over for the 300 and zx6 :( wonder if it will go back on later on?

****!!!!!

traku
November 11th, 2012, 08:14 PM

Thanks for this! Fun Bike Center was asking 6300... and said there was no way they could budge on the price. Looks like I'll be taking a drive up to NC tomorow!

ChrisCusi
November 19th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Just curious... for this to work do you have to have a Costco card in YOUR name or can you use a parents? :/

Zdolak90
May 16th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hey guys! So I just joined this forum, I'm looking to buy a ninja 300 in a little over two weeks and just came across this Costco program. I am curious what is all involved with this discount program. It almost seems to good to be true lol. I just signed up for it online and the email I received says to contact this local dealer but I'm not even a Costco member yet. What exactly is this program all about?? Any info is greatly appreciated!! :)

Alex
May 16th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I haven't heard anything on the Costco program for a few years now; most of those details are in this thread. It's quite possible things have changed or been updated since, and hopefully you can update the rest of us here if that is the case.

CZroe
May 16th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I haven't heard anything on the Costco program for a few years now; most of those details are in this thread. It's quite possible things have changed or been updated since, and hopefully you can update the rest of us here if that is the case.

I saw a Kawi ATV of some kind for sale the last time I was in a Costco early this year, ao I assume the partnership is still going strong.

genosr1
May 16th, 2014, 01:56 PM
guess you can get everything at costco

JohnnyBravo
May 19th, 2014, 07:02 AM
They have kawis in the Costco here! As for the program :idunno: wish I heard about it before I bought mine.
Best of luck new guy:thumbup:

Zdolak90
May 19th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Thanks again Johnny! And the one dealer called me regarding the program. I was told bike was 5,299 with ABS plus a 600 destination and freight charge or whatever that is(BS imo) so about 6700 out the door before the costco discount. He said with all of that before taxes with the costco program i would be looking at 5199. So probably like 5600-5800 out the door.

JohnnyBravo
May 19th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Not bad at all!

Zdolak90
May 20th, 2014, 06:12 AM
I just got a phone call from a costco partnered kawi dealer. OTD they quoted me 5600-5800. Without the costco program they estimated 6500-6700 OTD. I'm going next Wednesday (5-28-14) to check it out and hopefully ride it home. That's a 2014 ninja 300 with ABS black.

Klondike1020
May 20th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Forget that bogus extra prices.

My gf got hers otd for 5500 and she was supposed to get a different one for 4850 otd but she didn't like the color and went to a different dealership

alex.s
May 20th, 2014, 12:05 PM
I just got a phone call from a costco partnered kawi dealer. OTD they quoted me 5600-5800. Without the costco program they estimated 6500-6700 OTD. I'm going next Wednesday (5-28-14) to check it out and hopefully ride it home. That's a 2014 ninja 300 with ABS black.

just because they tell you a completely absurd price (6500) doesn't mean a slightly less absurd price (5600) is a good deal

Zdolak90
May 20th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Alex-I'm not claiming it is a good deal at all. I'm just giving you my numbers because that's what I thought this thread was about. I have no clue what a good deal OTD prices are.
Klondike- that 4850 was non abs right? And I'm guessing the 5500 was abs?

Klondike1020
May 20th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Alex-I'm not claiming it is a good deal at all. I'm just giving you my numbers because that's what I thought this thread was about. I have no clue what a good deal OTD prices are.
Klondike- that 4850 was non abs right? And I'm guessing the 5500 was abs?

yes you are correct non abs.
the 5500 was non abs also. But it was the only 300 in white she could find. She drive 2 hours and paid an extra 750 to get it in white.

lol she did not want green , go fig

also she got hers right after the 300 was released and the dealer thought they were going to have a hard time selling them.

the one that gave her the good price had sold out by the time I talked to them a couple months later and they were asking more by then too. you know un-crating fee and other crap/

Zdolak90
May 20th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Oh wow she must have really wanted that white one lol. I'm debating the white but two hundred bucks for the different paint job. Eh idk. I just know black shoes every ounce of dirt lol. I'm going tonight to a local dealer to try and test ride one. And also get an OTD estimate without the costco discount. I'm not looking forward to riding an hour and a half to get the discount because I never ride in the highway before lol. I may be a puss, idc lol. But I'll do it if I have too.

CZroe
May 20th, 2014, 02:01 PM
So, how does this work if you don't have a Costco membership in your name?

Some family members of mine have Costco memberships. Would it have to be purchased by them and titled in their name or can I just go in with them and get it in my name?

Costco isn't close enough to be worth having a membership of my own.

Zdolak90
May 20th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Honestly I don't know exactly how it works because I didn't spend any money and they have me a costco discount lol. But honestly I saved money going to a local dealer through financing because with the costco discount I had a 7.99% for 60 months. I was paying over a grand in interest. But with the local dealer I got 1.74% for 36 months and they knocked 200 bucks off the white one so it was the same price as the black ans model. I put 500 down tonight and going back in a week with another 2k. I'm excited!!!

JohnnyBravo
May 20th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Congrats mang :clapping:

Zdolak90
May 21st, 2014, 03:37 AM
Idk how to "thank" a post without replying ... Sooo thanks dude!

JohnnyBravo
May 21st, 2014, 06:35 PM
Idk how to "thank" a post without replying ... Sooo thanks dude!

The thumbs??? They come with time :thumbup:
Ya welcome