View Full Version : So I did a walk around of the 300 yesterday....

Alienjoe
September 30th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I didn't like the bike at all!! Coming from my pre-pre gen bike, I didn't like the seating position. It honestly felt as if my crotch was on a lean toward the tank. The engine is barely visible. My one main issue is it looks like Kawasaki wants 300 owners to jump right from that to a 600 or 1000. I feel like my bike is in its own class and very utilitarian. Any bag hung off a 300 will look out of place. If you are strictly a sport rider, this bike will be awesome for you. If you commute with anything more then a back pack, I'd stick to an older version. All this is MHO of course.

Alienjoe
October 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM
I guess no one agrees! Lolol

00NissanNinja
October 1st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Sure I'll bite haha. I believe kawasaki made the 300 the way it is so new riders won't be so quick to throw it away and will stick with it and the kawasaki brand longer. The ergos are almost identical to the 08-12 250s although the seat felt thinner on the 300. Any sportbike will have its looks insulted by bags but that's a matter of opinion or if it really bothers you. Sounds like you want a naked bike.

Malicious Logic
October 1st, 2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I think most sportbike's look worse with bags than without but then I've also felt that the Ninja 250 and now the Ninja 300 were designed as 'baby' sportbikes. I guess it kinda sucks for people like you who don't like sport bikes and were only riding the ninja for some other purpose but...it's a sportbike line and quite a few 250 riders seem to be jumping straight from ninjettes to 600s or even 1000s. Can't really hate them because they made it look more the sportbike it's intended to be...but that's just my personal opinion. Your bike is in a class of it's own because it's looks are from the last century, no offense.

I actually love the looks of the 300. Kinda makes me reconsider whether or not I want to go up to a 600.

Alienjoe
October 1st, 2012, 12:34 PM
For the record I love Gixxers, Ninjas, R6's, R1's and so on. I just don't like their seating position and higher insurance lol. I love my Ninja because it is sporty and comfortable. That's a combo I do not think the Ninja 300 has. Who knows if I rode one, I might get used to the seat but, I do like my seat the way it is. I'm really just speaking from sitting on it for a few minutes and walking around it. Actual riding impressions can be very different.

kcaja1
October 12th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I saw it at the dealer too today and I didn't like it at all. The white made it worse for me. I'll wait for the green one and maybe it may do it for me.