View Full Version : Mounted Her today ;D

StephenA
October 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I sat on the ninja 300 today. WOW that bike is sick! totally can't wait until i get one. it feels really good. it was like perfect height, I'm 5'7" and i wasn't perfectly flat footed, but i wasn't on my toes either.

although, i asked the guy how much it would be out the door, and he said 7,000! wtf! this can't be right, can it?

Old Lemon
October 6th, 2012, 01:32 PM
7000 might be right considering how many people i see on here saying how cali has super inflated motorcycle prices. with some boots you should flat foot it, im 5'6 and flat foot it with my boots on

xSean13
October 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah, the People's Republic of Kalifornia is weird. Drive to an adjacent state and pick one up there.

Alex
October 6th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Not a good plan. Can't bring in a 49-state bike with less than 7500 miles.

Someone picked up a new 300 in southern california for less than $5400 OTD using the costco deal, might be worth looking into. Best non-costco pricing I've seen in california so far is around $5600 OTD. But $7K is the highest I've heard; clearly it's not necessary to pay that much.

StephenA
October 6th, 2012, 03:52 PM
yea, i went to two dealerships with my pops and i pretty much heard the same thing. they both said that since it's so new, they can't negotiate at all on it. Also, it doesn't help that they only have 2 or 3 in the dealership and have to wait weeks to get another one or two. I'm still saving up so I'm hoping a few months down the road i can talk them down a few hundred.

Reddoak
October 6th, 2012, 04:14 PM
yea, i went to two dealerships with my pops and i pretty much heard the same thing. they both said that since it's so new, they can't negotiate at all on it. Also, it doesn't help that they only have 2 or 3 in the dealership and have to wait weeks to get another one or two. I'm still saving up so I'm hoping a few months down the road i can talk them down a few hundred.
Good plan. Wait it out and save up some cash. Walk in in February (slow sale time for motorcycles for most markets, might be dealer incentives from Kawi) with a couple grand and tell them what you're willing to pay. Be firm, and feel free to walk away from a mediocre ($7,000) deal.

Since the CBR will be a less popular 2nd choice, they might be cheaper... but don't count on it. In a few months, bet you could get a 2012 Ninja 250 leftover for a sweet price...

StephenA
October 6th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Good plan. Wait it out and save up some cash. Walk in in February (slow sale time for motorcycles for most markets, might be dealer incentives from Kawi) with a couple grand and tell them what you're willing to pay. Be firm, and feel free to walk away from a mediocre ($7,000) deal.

Since the CBR will be a less popular 2nd choice, they might be cheaper... but don't count on it. In a few months, bet you could get a 2012 Ninja 250 leftover for a sweet price...

thanks

idk, i sat on the cbr 250, didn't like the feel, or how it looks. and idk about the 250r. at one of the dealerships, they were completely out, and at the other one, they had one left. So, I'm not holding my breath for those.

then again, my pops said i should find an old pregen and ride that for a while to get experience n stuff. i get his point, but (no offense to pre-geners out there) pre-gens are ugly :behindsofa:

Monkeytofu
October 6th, 2012, 04:59 PM
then again, my pops said i should find an old pregen and ride that for a while to get experience n stuff. i get his point, but (no offense to pre-geners out there) pre-gens are ugly :behindsofa:

It's OK. The Mastergen riders aren't so petty as to get offended over such trivial comments.

StephenA
October 6th, 2012, 05:12 PM
haha alright cool, but i guess i am getting just a wee bit ahead of myself. I have to get my permit first then my bike, but not sure which route to go though, 250r or 300? hmmm 250 is a bit cheaper and if i fall its not as big of a deal as a dropping a new bike. but dam that 300 is sexy and has great improvements

Jono
October 6th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Save a dick load of money and buy used bruh. The chances of you dropping or crashing your first bike within the first year or two are VERY high. Would you want to see a brand new 300 smack the pavement or an ugly pregen? Just something else to think about.

Warstrider
October 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Save a dick load of money and buy used bruh. The chances of you dropping or crashing your first bike within the first year or two are VERY high. Would you want to see a brand new 300 smack the pavement or an ugly pregen? Just something else to think about.

Can i get frame sliders to prevent damage to the bike?

tnr4
October 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Yup, I'm def. with Jono here. NO WAY I'd buy a nice, pretty, brand-new bike for my first. I had a pre-gen first bike, and it was perfect. My buddy bought a nicer first bike and dropped it 4 (!) times.

And yes, you can get frame sliders, but: (1) Kawasaki hasn't released them yet, so who knows if they'll be available soon enough to protect your first drop; (2) they don't always keep everything off the ground, and when your bike is PRISTINE, every little scratch feels like a stab to the heart; and (3) you're also likely to low-side, not just drop, and while the slider is likely to help, there virtually zero chance of the bike coming out from a slide with no damage.

I mean, the 300 is a sexy beast, and I'm jazzed all up to get one, so I can understand the feeling; but if you're looking for advice, I'd say it's a heart-breaking way to go!

Warstrider
October 7th, 2012, 12:48 AM
And yes, you can get frame sliders, but: (1) Kawasaki hasn't released them yet, so who knows if they'll be available soon enough to protect your first drop; (2) they don't always keep everything off the ground, and when your bike is PRISTINE, every little scratch feels like a stab to the heart; and (3) you're also likely to low-side, not just drop, and while the slider is likely to help, there virtually zero chance of the bike coming out from a slide with no damage.

I mean, the 300 is a sexy beast, and I'm jazzed all up to get one, so I can understand the feeling; but if you're looking for advice, I'd say it's a heart-breaking way to go!

Thanks, man. I appriciate your advice.

ChelseaLeigh
October 7th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Well man thats what I did... looked at all the 250s went and got my permit..got a call about the 300 n fell in love.. it came home 4 days later, but with a WAY lower price tag than 7k... thats just outrageous. But tnr4 is right... it can be a little heartbreaking im more focused on not dropping/scratching it then focusing to learn to ride. hahah working on it tho. :D good luck!

lgk
October 7th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Yup, I'm def. with Jono here. NO WAY I'd buy a nice, pretty, brand-new bike for my first. I had a pre-gen first bike, and it was perfect. My buddy bought a nicer first bike and dropped it 4 (!) times.

couldn't agree more with this post.

i speak from experience.
bought new and crashed and repaired the bike multiple times.

darkwings
October 7th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I have an ABS model on hold at my dealer. they have over 10 people on the waiting list so i agreed to MSRP+399 setup+260 DMV fees= 6158 OTD and threw 200$ down to secure the first one as mine. (other people on the list haven't put money down yet.)
this is up in Beaverton, Oregon btw.

I'll get 20% discount on my gear and delivery to my house for "free". all in all seems like a decent deal to me.

menikmati
October 7th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Save a dick load of money and buy used bruh. The chances of you dropping or crashing your first bike within the first year or two are VERY high.

Dis.

Boom King
October 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
A used new-gen 250 is still the ultimate beginner's bike in my opinion. It's cheaper, has just enough power, if you drop it then meh or get used parts to replace it and you can sell it for almost what you paid for it.

StephenA
October 7th, 2012, 05:44 PM
thanks for all the replies guys. i'm going the ugly bike route haha unless i can find a cheap newgen 250. but gas is now 4.65 a gal(the cheapest around here) so this is gunna kick my ass in the saving department -_-. so its gunna be a while, but I WILL have a bike of my own one day >:)

Alienjoe
October 7th, 2012, 07:35 PM
As "ugly'' as a pregen may be, it has 2 wheels, a motor, a cheap (relatively) price and awesome resale value. I love mine to death and wouldn't have it any other way.

P.S. the pregen is stock for stock quicker then the Newgen 250.

StephenA
October 7th, 2012, 09:18 PM
As "ugly'' as a pregen may be, it has 2 wheels, a motor, a cheap (relatively) price and awesome resale value. I love mine to death and wouldn't have it any other way.

P.S. the pregen is stock for stock quicker then the Newgen 250.

that's true, and i guess that's all i need for now haha

ORLY, never knew that

Sapper
October 8th, 2012, 01:38 PM
thanks

idk, i sat on the cbr 250, didn't like the feel, or how it looks. and idk about the 250r. at one of the dealerships, they were completely out, and at the other one, they had one left. So, I'm not holding my breath for those.

Your "pops" is a smart guy. The pregen is definitely the way to go. Pay less than $2000 and sell it for what you pay if you don't crash it. It's your first bike, doesn't have to be your last, who cares if it's ugly?

StephenA
October 8th, 2012, 06:07 PM
ye, thats the idea, plus I was exploring ninjette and found a thread or two where someone turned one into a street fighter/naked bike type creation and i was so amazed. so now i'm kinda stoked to get one :D

Heed
October 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM
My nearest dealer just got a white 300 in this morning. It's probably owned by somebody already, but at least now I know I can get a written quote OTD, because last time I went, he said he couldn't give me an exact quote since he didn't know the destination and whatever.

I want to go in there and sit on it =(

http://i47.tinypic.com/6gv7o4.jpg

from their facebook page

StephenA
October 9th, 2012, 10:21 AM
My nearest dealer just got a white 300 in this morning. It's probably owned by somebody already, but at least now I know I can get a written quote OTD, because last time I went, he said he couldn't give me an exact quote since he didn't know the destination and whatever.

I want to go in there and sit on it =(

http://i47.tinypic.com/6gv7o4.jpg

from their facebook page

do it, it feels amazing! sure you can't have it, but you can "see what it tastes like" (quote from Nacho Libre )

Minikin_Jo
October 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=1047&pictureid=9474
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=1047&pictureid=9473

I sat on a 300 a couple of weeks ago. I am not sure if I'm getting it. I'm waiting to sit on a 636 first. If I don't like the 636 I'm getting the 300. (I know there's a huge difference. I just want to sit on a 636 and see it in person first.)

StephenA
October 9th, 2012, 06:31 PM
the 636 IS a dam sexy bike.

Sapper
October 9th, 2012, 06:40 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=1047&pictureid=9474
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=1047&pictureid=9473

I sat on a 300 a couple of weeks ago. I am not sure if I'm getting it. I'm waiting to sit on a 636 first. If I don't like the 636 I'm getting the 300. (I know there's a huge difference. I just want to sit on a 636 and see it in person first.)

She's really cute, is that the GF?

Minikin_Jo
October 9th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Lol say what?

Sapper
October 9th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Lol say what?

The cute girl on the bike is she your girlfriend or does she work at the dealership or something and you were bein creepy lol

Minikin_Jo
October 9th, 2012, 07:43 PM
*giggle*

Sapper that girl is me, Minikin_Jo

Sapper
October 9th, 2012, 07:50 PM
*giggle*

Sapper that girl is me, Minikin_Jo

Oh :eek:

Well, uh, my bad

I still have to get used to girls on the forum I am a long time 600RR net guy and its almost ALL guys.

Minikin_Jo
October 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Haha that's funny

Sapper
October 9th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Haha that's funny

Can you see how the title mislead me into thinking a guy posted this especially since there are pics of a girl on the bike...like he thought he was being clever putting that pic up and saying "mounted her"

Sapper
October 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Are you going to get a white one to match your zuma?

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/ArmyStrongMD/011BD889-34B9-43E9-8766-68CFCA0AECD0-1393-000000B2D7FFB282.jpg

Oh yeah, iPhones rock

StephenA
October 9th, 2012, 10:00 PM
i meant the bike...was supposed to be punny....lol

Minikin_Jo
October 10th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Sapper OMG that pic is awful LOL

Sapper
October 10th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Sapper OMG that pic is awful LOL

You def look better on the 300 than your Zuma

Minikin_Jo
October 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Sapper I think I have to agree

Sapper
October 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Sapper I think I have to agree

Are you going to get one??

Minikin_Jo
October 12th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I'm waiting for the 636 to hit the floor so I can sit on it and get a feel if I want it or not.

If I decide I hate it, I'll probably get the 300.