View Full Version : Tip for easy panel removal

2013 kawi girl
October 8th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hi guys~
This tip won't help with the initial removal of the panels, however, it will definitely help for the future. After you have removed the panels, before putting them back on, use some Silicone grease on both the grommet and the nipple from the plastic. The grease will not harm the plastics or rubbers and it will allow for easy removal of the panels in the future.

zd5GNniEzTY

JBinSD
October 8th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Nice weight-loss program. :D
How much for the the battery and charger?
Thanx,
Joel

2013 kawi girl
October 8th, 2012, 08:06 PM
The Shorai LFX14A4-BS12 is the direct match to the stock battery. After discussing it with Shorai and the local guys I deal with here, I decided to go with the direct cross match. This battery is super light, no lie. I didn't realize the difference until I was given the box at the shop. I thought my guys were playing a joke on me so I opened the box right there and there was the battery. So light that when I prepped to pull it out of the box, I was expecting it to be about 7-8 pounds so I was ready to use some muscle, almost went over my head because the thing weighs less than 2 lbs!!!! So embarrassing! LOL!!! Eh, they got a good laugh... and I got an awesome battery. The battery I believe retails at about $159 and the charger retails at about $89. I deal with the local shop A LOT and so I get a discount but I go there because the parts guys are extremely knowledgeable and super willing to help. If you live in Central California Clawson Motorsports is the place I go and I deal mainly with Anthony. I could have gotten the LFX18A1-BS12. It's a smaller more powerful battery for about $30 more. It has 270CCA. This battery is recommended for an upgraded 2011 Hayabusa and after talking with Shorai, he said I could go for this but, eh... I don't need it. I don't plan on running a sound system AND HID AND LED lights AND an electric grill on the bike LOL!!!! If for some reason later on down the line I need to upgrade I will, but the LFX14A4-BS12 is good enough for me for now. Stock battery is 135CCA and the battery I am going with is 210CCA.

Either way, you are going to notice an immediate start once you install the battery, it is definitely worth the investment. Half a push on the start button starts it up and it's easier for me to move the bike around.

rusninja
October 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Can you really feel the weight difference 0_o?

Sapper
October 9th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Can you really feel the weight difference 0_o?

Apparently she can since it is easier for her to move around LOL

Sapper
October 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
For the price of this battery you can buy insanity or P90X and lose a lot more than 6lbs :)

pop0tart
October 9th, 2012, 02:44 PM
For the price of this battery you can buy insanity or P90X and lose a lot more than 6lbs :)

alex.s
October 9th, 2012, 03:04 PM
its an 8 cell or a 6 cell?

choneofakind
October 9th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I feel like no matter how much I pay, I'm not losing any weight.

ricochet08
October 9th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I feel like no matter how much I pay, I'm not losing any weight.

i'll help you lose weight if you help me gain weight

choneofakind
October 9th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I'm alread 135 and 5'9". Losing weight is not an option unless I have limbs removed :lol:

Rekognize
October 9th, 2012, 04:46 PM
How much did you pay for the battery? Worth it for a 6lb reduction??

2013 kawi girl
October 9th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Hey guys~
I'm not sure how many cells the battery is, but the bike starts in half a push of the starter button and I have noticed that when I am backing the bike out of a parking stall or out of the garage, I can definitely feel the difference. And as far as riding, when I make transitional turns, it is easier to throw around. It's all personal preference. For me, I want the bike to be lighter so that I can handle it better. I believe the theory is that for every 6-7 lbs you shave off your bike you gain a horsepower. LOL... So let's just say that since Mew is an extension of me, I am losing 6 lbs.

And I plan on getting the lightest exhaust system to put on her. Don't worry, Mew and I are on the stay light plan together, celery sticks for me, losing metal for her. LOL!!!!!

Rekognize
October 9th, 2012, 09:51 PM
LOL!

Just wear spandex instead of leathers too :thumbup:

rusninja
October 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM
How you liking battery so far?

2013 kawi girl
October 16th, 2012, 07:32 PM
the battery is awesome. It definitely just starts right up and I can throw it around with a lot more ease.

Somchai
October 16th, 2012, 09:06 PM
maybe this could help you also handling your bike 'lighter' http://evomx.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32&osCsid=2q9nvjo7ci7e42kuq6unpc48j7

choneofakind
October 16th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Putting stuff in the tank? No thanks. I'm sure it works fine, but something about intentionally putting massive amounts of debris in the tank is against my motorcycling beliefs.