View Full Version : Me on the 250's :)

Misti
October 11th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I recently had the opportunity to try both the Honda 250 and the Kawi for an article in Motorcycle Mojo Magazine. There is a series here in BC called the Western Canadian 250 Gold Cup that runs at Mission Raceway and Greg Moore Raceway. First I wrote and article on the series, then I tried both bikes on both tracks and wrote an article on my experience.

FUN!

I'll post the article when it comes out. In the mean time here are a few pics.

photos by: Bruce Aylen and Thumbphoto.com

algs26
October 12th, 2012, 01:29 AM
I recently had the opportunity to try both the Honda 250 and the Kawi for an article in Motorcycle Mojo Magazine. There is a series here in BC called the Western Canadian 250 Gold Cup that runs at Mission Raceway and Greg Moore Raceway. First I wrote and article on the series, then I tried both bikes on both tracks and wrote an article on my experience.

FUN!

I'll post the article when it comes out. In the mean time here are a few pics.

photos by: Bruce Aylen and Thumbphoto.com

Greg Moore as in 99?

Snake
October 12th, 2012, 06:38 AM
You are one lucky lady to get to test ride both bikes on a race track! I look forward to reading your article.

Misti
October 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Greg Moore as in 99?

Yes, he was from BC and coincidentally a good friend of our family. The track is a karting track in Chilliwack, BC and is great for mini racing. The 250's raced this year on the track and are about as much bike as that little track could handle....very fun though!

You are one lucky lady to get to test ride both bikes on a race track! I look forward to reading your article.

I am :) It was great! Article should be in the December issue of Motorcycle Mojo (Canadian) magazine.

csmith12
October 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Can't wait to read it, you lucky devil you. Pics are great to!

IdRatherDrum
October 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Which do you like better, the Honda or Kawasaki?

jeanca223
October 15th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I had trouble deciding which one was better for me, I always liked ninja more but because fuel injection I had some doubts, Hope to read your article soon, I know it will help others to decide.

alex.s
October 15th, 2012, 04:20 PM
nice! look at that lean on the ninja! i can hear the puck scraping now

tooblekain
October 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Subscribed....waiting for link to article.

Misti
October 15th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Which do you like better, the Honda or Kawasaki?

I honestly didn't have much time on either of them, just a session or two - and it was my first time riding a 250 on the track. They each had their good attributes.

The article is not a technical comparison of both bikes but more my personal experience of riding each of them on two completely different race tracks. I'll link it up once it is published :)

nice! look at that lean on the ninja! i can hear the puck scraping now

I was having a lot of fun at that point and decided I had better bring er in before I had any more!