View Full Version : SoCal PeePs Pls ChEck In.

oscarr
January 9th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Waz up forum. Lets get a roll call of all the socal peeps in the forum. Im always down for a ride & if anyone also needs helps on mods & maintance I'll be willing to lend a hand if you are local.:thumbup:

oscarr
January 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
moderator pls add other E on thread tittle. Thanks

BlueTyke
January 9th, 2009, 01:27 PM
moderator pls add other E on thread tittle. Thanks

Might help if you pm him and have you checked out the map? At that point I would post something up in the ride/event area in the form of a ride/event :thumbup:

oscarr
January 9th, 2009, 01:48 PM

Alex
January 9th, 2009, 05:57 PM
You can edit your thread titles yourself, on the main forum screen where you see the titles of all the threads, just double-click on the white space next to your thread's title and it will let you edit it.

I just changed this one for you as requested, though. Definitely check out the member map --> http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11545

and add yourself up there as well.

Cling
January 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Well, we can at least talk in here.

Ventura, Ca here

stroked59
January 9th, 2009, 07:06 PM
O*C here

minizoom
January 11th, 2009, 10:52 PM
OC here! What's up Oscarr? GMR on tuesday jan 13th?

FlamingYellowInsanity
January 12th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Moreno Valley, CA checking in here, but I am almost always in Pomona for school (Cal Poly)

Travis

KJohnson21
January 12th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Hey! :)

I'm in the LA area during the week and at home on the weekends. So if you're hanging out in Palm Springs on a weekend, we could probably do a ride or something.
:cbrsmiley:

kkim
January 12th, 2009, 08:39 PM
you guys really need to remember to stick yourselves on the member map if you have not done so. :D

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11545

ManyCavies
January 12th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Already on the member map, but 24/7 in Indio

kkim
January 12th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I count seven members from the entire state of California presently on the map... that can't be right. ;)

Actually, I'm quite jealous that there are so many of you there to go riding together, I just feel it a shame they don't identify themselves and their location.

islanderman7
January 12th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Holla!

ManyCavies
January 12th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I'm hiding behind Ken:(

Alex
January 12th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Not if you zoom in *all* the way! :)

minizoom
January 12th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Just added myself to the member map.

oscarr
January 14th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Sorry Ive been MIA for a few days tied up with a bunch of work.WOw lots of socal peeps.Sweet. When do you guys wanna do a ride?Weather is looking good here in socal for the next few weeks.How about the first week in February ????

oscarr
January 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I count seven members from the entire state of California presently on the map... that can't be right. ;)

Actually, I'm quite jealous that there are so many of you there to go riding together, I just feel it a shame they don't identify themselves and their location.

dont trip I'll put my Kawi in a suitcase and we will ride Kuai this summer :) I ddnt forget about the vinyl been busy ass Hell at work...:thumbup:

minizoom
January 17th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Anybody want to ride GMR Sunday 1/18? Meet at Mobil off 210 & Azusa between 8:00 - 8:30am. Monday too! Let me know!

kkim
January 17th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I ddnt forget about the vinyl been busy ass Hell at work...:thumbup: no worries... when you get around to it will be fine.

mahalo
:)

ManyCavies
January 18th, 2009, 10:48 AM
When do you guys wanna do a ride?Weather is looking good here in socal for the next few weeks.How about the first week in February ????

Where were you thinking of going?

VeX
January 20th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Anybody want to ride GMR Sunday 1/18? Meet at Mobil off 210 & Azusa between 8:00 - 8:30am. Monday too! Let me know!

Damn! Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I was up there again on the 18th, but we went through ACH at 8 and didn't make it to GMR until noonish. :D I can't get enough of that road! I got a little low in one turn and drug a peg and knicked my toe gaurd :eek:

minizoom
January 20th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Damn! Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I was up there again on the 18th, but we went through ACH at 8 and didn't make it to GMR until noonish. :D I can't get enough of that road! I got a little low in one turn and drug a peg and knicked my toe gaurd :eek:

No prob dude! Maybe next time. We left around noonish too. Anyways, I know what you mean by dragging peg and toe guard. My same exact reaction too:eek:

stroked59
January 31st, 2009, 10:18 AM
anyone from 714 area going out for a ride today..... lookin to join, finally got my bike back and exhaust installed:thumbup:

ARc
February 4th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I'm down for a ride. Let me know when it goes down! I'm @ USC in Downtown LA.

Beast
February 10th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Burbank here....weekends are good! Added myself to the map :)

Hey Vex!, you, me, Kurosaki, Minizoom...GMR someday!

aloh
February 10th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Woo go socal! I live in walnut! I am down for any group rides anyone has planned.

minizoom
February 10th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Burbank here....weekends are good! Added myself to the map :)

Hey Vex!, you, me, Kurosaki, Minizoom...GMR someday!

I'm in! I'm always there too! I went today the road was a little dirty, but not too bad. Let me know when!

VeX
February 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Aye! I should have some shiny new tires in the next couple of weeks as I'm jonesing for another trek up there... THIS weekend would've been perfect as it's a 4-day weekend, but oh well :p

aloh
February 13th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I dont have a four day weekend...not even a three day weekend!!!! For some reason they decided to give us next friday off instead of this coming monday

00v_Lucky
February 13th, 2009, 01:59 AM
just added myself to the map. My goal is to at least attend one meet before Summer ends!

noche_caliente
February 13th, 2009, 08:27 PM
welcome howard!

00v_Lucky
February 13th, 2009, 10:32 PM
when the weather is nice, we all must meet up soon~! (No canyons please)

aloh
February 13th, 2009, 11:34 PM
when the weather is nice, we all must meet up soon~! (No canyons please)

Whats wrong with canyons? :p

I havent been on a canyon yet...but I cant wait till I grow the bawls to try it. I love going on canyon runs in my car, so it should be a blast on the ninja!

and welcome to teh forumz

minizoom
February 13th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Whats wrong with canyons? :p

I havent been on a canyon yet...but I cant wait till I grow the bawls to try it. I love going on canyon runs in my car, so it should be a blast on the ninja!

and welcome to teh forumz

Canyons are the best. That's the only place I take my bike. First time I went I was going sooo slowww. Always ride within your limits and don't cross the double yellows unless you have to. Ride your own ride. Oh yeah, don't ride alone. If you go over a cliff no one will know your there.

00v_Lucky
February 14th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Canyons are the best. That's the only place I take my bike. First time I went I was going sooo slowww. Always ride within your limits and don't cross the double yellows unless you have to. Ride your own ride. Oh yeah, don't ride alone. If you go over a cliff no one will know your there.

that sounds very promising.:(

Beast
February 14th, 2009, 04:23 AM

It's not about growing the balls :confused: If you're maintaining a safe speed, then the canyons are definitely a great time... especially in a group (not to mention the awesome scenic backgrop...but keep those eyes on the road!).

Canyons are the best. That's the only place I take my bike. First time I went I was going sooo slowww.
They're great but dangerous...very dangerous. I had a friend of mine on a 250 follow me up ACH on one of our Sunday morning outings last summer. Long story short, he was behind me, and then I looked back and he wasn't. He target fixated on a snow level gauge and crashed...bad enough that he is paralyzed from the waist down. A horrible way to remind myself how unforgiving these mountain roads are. Look through those turns!

Consider taking your bike to the track...expand your options :) You won't look back.

Always ride within your limits and don't cross the double yellows unless you have to.
NEVER CROSS THE DOUBLE YELLOWS. Especially in the canyons. So many riders are taking a MASSIVE chance by crossing the double yellow on blind turns or worse yet, cars crossing the double yellow on a blind turn.

If you're "riding within your limits" you'll keep your judgment and lines sharp and consistent (ie. never crossing the double yellow). There is no room for erratic riding on the canyons.

Oh yeah, don't ride alone. If you go over a cliff no one will know your there.
That's not a very good impression to give riders of the canyons (especially those who haven't gone yet).

Fear doesn't nuture confidence.

If you go with an experienced rider that knows the mountain you are going to ride, things should go just fine. The unexpected can never be avoided (gravel, cars, bicyclists..etc) but going with a level head at the base of the canyon is what will prepare you for anything up ahead.

NOTE:
If any of you guys want to ride Angeles Crest with me on and upcoming weekend. I'm up for it. However, halfway up, it'll start to get cold....REALLY COLD (cold pavement + aggressive riding = bad news). It's unavoidable this time of year. I'll keep my eyes on the temp for next weekend.

00v_Lucky, don't worry, it's not as bad as it sounds :) How long have you been riding and what kind of riding have you done?

kkim
February 14th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Chris,

Excellent post!

Ro's experience should be used a living proof that this is indeed a dangerous sport we are involved in. It saddens me deeply that it happened to such a great guy.

Balls??? How about using your brains to figure out when one is comfortable enough to enjoy the sport in a complex, dangerous environment like canyons??

+10 on the recommendation to save the adrenaline rushes for the track!! :thumbup:

00v_Lucky
February 14th, 2009, 11:26 AM
00v_Lucky, don't worry, it's not as bad as it sounds :) How long have you been riding and what kind of riding have you done?

Been riding since Sept 1st '08

I have been trying to hit up some curvy roads (flat land) and its kinda lame.

What is a confident turn speed you'd say on this new ninja on a right turn (I go about 25 mph) / left turn (30 mph)?

As for the canyon goes, I think ill be just content going up in my little rsx ;) for now that is, seeing some of peoples rides in the mountains seems too fun to pass up, so i plan on going this year one

Beast
February 14th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Ro's experience should be used a living proof that this is indeed a dangerous sport we are involved in. It saddens me deeply that it happened to such a great guy.
Living proof indeed. Thanks for the comments Kelly!

I have been trying to hit up some curvy roads (flat land) and its kinda lame.
What area do you live in?

What is a confident turn speed you'd say on this new ninja on a right turn (I go about 25 mph) / left turn (30 mph)?
Haha :) I wish it were as easy as designating a certain speed for a certain turn. It really depends on many conditions. I was just mentioning that paying attention to the speed limit will help a ton if you're new to the canyon riding thing.

As for the canyon goes, I think ill be just content going up in my little rsx ;) for now that is, seeing some of peoples rides in the mountains seems too fun to pass up, so i plan on going this year one
No problem, when you're ready let us know! :thumbup: Also, I have an RSX also...silver, and not a type S. I've had it since it first came out back in 2001 (it's an '02). Nice choice! ;)

00v_Lucky
February 16th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Yo Chris, that is awesome. I have an '06 white base model residing in Cypress, CA

I remember visiting one of my friends in burbank, they're curvy, but not so well constructed roads amirite.

I was looking at Ortega, and that thing looks FUN!

Beast
February 17th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Yo Chris, that is awesome. I have an '06 white base model residing in Cypress, CA

I remember visiting one of my friends in burbank, they're curvy, but not so well constructed roads amirite.

I was looking at Ortega, and that thing looks FUN!

Nice :) Go base models!

Burbank is not curvy at all haha. You might be remembering it wrong. Ortega is a bit far and that road is tight with a straight drop off on the right hand side. I'm not sure if I'm up for that :) I heard it's windy too.

00v_Lucky
February 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Nice :) Go base models!

Burbank is not curvy at all haha. You might be remembering it wrong. Ortega is a bit far and that road is tight with a straight drop off on the right hand side. I'm not sure if I'm up for that :) I heard it's windy too.

how bout our vicious base models =]

kkim
February 19th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Howard....
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9815

00v_Lucky
February 23rd, 2009, 08:22 PM
Howard....
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9815

lol. thx kim for showing me this awesome thread. how silly of me to overlook it.

Beast
February 24th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Fyi everyone... Angeles Crest is NOT SAFE right now. Especially for people who haven't ridden it before. I cannot stress that enough. I went last Sunday and here are just some of the few hazards in that 28 mile stretch:

1) Lots of loose gravel and rocks (more than usual I noticed). I hit a rock on a blind turn and the back kicked out a bit. Scary stuff.

2) Red sand that eliminates ice and promotes better traction (for cars!) starts about 6 miles up and doesn't stop up until you get to Newcombs. I had to ride between the sand.

3) Snow and lots of it at the top. Don't get distracted by the winter wonderland and keep your eyes on the road. If you want to gaze, pull over.

The weather has been warming, but it might take a while before all that gravel and sand are moved off the asphalt.

00v_Lucky
February 24th, 2009, 10:01 PM
thx for that notice, I was planning on going canyon running too. I'll take angeles crest out of the list.

minizoom
February 25th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Malibu ride this sunday, March 1st. 10am. Meeting at Starbucks off Topanga Cyn & 101fwy.

00v_Lucky
February 25th, 2009, 05:45 PM
sounds very tempting, but i have 2 midterms to study for this weekend =/

Beast
February 25th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Malibu ride this sunday, March 1st. 10am. Meeting at Starbucks off Topanga Cyn & 101fwy.

PCH ride? Or Topanga Canyon TO the PCH? Haha. I've done both :) I think I might be up for that? Any other plans that day?

minizoom
February 25th, 2009, 06:12 PM
PCH ride? Or Topanga Canyon TO the PCH? Haha. I've done both :) I think I might be up for that? Any other plans that day?

There's more details here:
http://www.sportbikers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17310

So far there are two 250's including myself.

Beast
February 25th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I see it. Just a quick fyi, I am NOT riding Decker.

I accidentally ended up on that road when riding Muholland out to the PCH early last year. Scariest road I've ever been on. I cruised down at 5-6 mph. That road is SERIOUS.

What were you thinking of riding that day?

minizoom
February 25th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I see it. Just a quick fyi, I am NOT riding Decker.

I accidentally ended up on that road when riding Muholland out to the PCH early last year. Scariest road I've ever been on. I cruised down at 5-6 mph. That road is SERIOUS.

What were you thinking of riding that day?

I was just going to follow everyone. I plan on cruising since I'm not familiar with some of the roads. Plus I just finished fixing my bike. Is Decker the same as Latigo?

Beast
February 26th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure if Latigo is like Decker, but if people are considering those who ride it nuts, I would guess so haha :) My buddy and I will probably leave early depending on how the day pans out. I will see you at 10am Sunday!

minizoom
February 26th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure if Latigo is like Decker, but if people are considering those who ride it nuts, I would guess so haha :) My buddy and I will probably leave early depending on how the day pans out. I will see you at 10am Sunday!

Sounds good!

minizoom
February 26th, 2009, 10:35 PM
New meet up spot for Malibu ride. It's up the street past Starbucks. Chevron gas station.
5314 Topanga Blvd. Woodland Hills CA

Beast
March 1st, 2009, 02:16 PM
Mini....I didn't see you new post about the relocation haha. No wonder no one was at the Starbucks. We were there at 10:02. Did you see me pass by the Chevron? Dammit, I'm so disappointed :( I really wanted to meet up with you.

VeX
March 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
You really wanted to "Meat" up with him is what you really meant

... Gaaaaaaaay

I was thinking about rolling up today, but didn't have enough planning (want to re-jet before my next ride as well). Oh wells :p How toasty was it up there today?

Beast
March 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
You really wanted to "Meat" up with him is what you really meant

... Gaaaaaaaay

I was thinking about rolling up today, but didn't have enough planning (want to re-jet before my next ride as well). Oh wells :p How toasty was it up there today?

Lovely Vex...lovely :clapping:

It was about 81-82 here in the valley. I hate socal "winters" because they don't really exist :/

inbox526
March 2nd, 2009, 12:26 AM
Soon-to-be rider here in Diamond Bar. :D Any suggestions for places to get a cheap 08/09 250?

minizoom
March 2nd, 2009, 12:57 AM
Soon-to-be rider here in Diamond Bar. :D Any suggestions for places to get a cheap 08/09 250?

Call Advanced Kawasaki in Buena Park. Don't go to Berts my buddies went there and they were selling it for $6800 :eek:.

aloh
March 2nd, 2009, 01:35 AM
Latigo is my all time favorite road in malibu, followed by stunt and piuma. Decker is pretty awesome, but there are some pretty ugly dips in the road that i bottomed out on a few times. BTW I've only DRIVEN on these roads, I have never taken my bike up there.

One of these days I would love to take my 250 out there with you guys and go for a ride. Some company and guidance from more experienced riders would be very welcome :)

kkim
March 2nd, 2009, 10:46 AM

have you checked the classifieds on ninjette?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Ken
March 2nd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Anyone want to meet up tomorrow at 9:30am for Azusa>GMR?

I'm slow as molasses.

aloh
March 2nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Anyone want to meet up tomorrow at 9:30am for Azusa>GMR?

I'm slow as molasses.

Slow as molasses sounds like my type since I've never done canyons before. :p

Ken
March 2nd, 2009, 08:03 PM
Slow as molasses sounds like my type since I've never done canyons before. :p

I'm going with a guy who frequents ACH on his ZX-6R but it'll be his first time at GMR. If you want to meet up we'll be at the Mobil station on Azusa. We'll be there at 9:30am.

Ken
March 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
My friend and I are going again next Monday. If anyone wants to ride along meet us at the Mobil station on Azusa at 9:30am.

kkim
March 3rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
How was the ride today? :)

Ken
March 3rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
It was fun! The weather was cool, visibility was good, and not much loose gravel on the road. The only thing that bothered me was spotting collision debris at a couple of spots on the shoulder. :(

Buffalony
March 3rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
:smow:I'm a wannabe SoCal Peep :smow:

fjyang
March 22nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
I'm in San Gabriel, Love to ride with fellow Ninja 250 owners to ACH or GMR

kkim
March 22nd, 2009, 09:16 PM

Hey!! FNG!!! :D

Welcome, Frank!!
:)

00v_Lucky
March 28th, 2009, 08:07 PM
in the summer time we will have meets more often, yes?

Ken
March 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Especially among new riders it takes a while to gain traction because people may feel uncomfortable in group rides.

Anytime you're planning to go anywhere just post it up and see if people will come along. I have Tuesdays off every week so if I know for sure I'm heading out I'll create a thread. I never expect much but it's cool when one or two show up. I hope to see others arrange SoCal group rides.

Ken
March 28th, 2009, 08:23 PM

I live in San Gabriel too! 3 of us are going to ACH Tues March 31st. If you have time join us!

NINJETTE09
April 10th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I'm in San Diego. Anybody been up to Julian? I was gonna go riding with some friends tomorrow but my boy's CBR1000RR got stolen so I'll have to wait til he gets his R1....All my friends ride 686 and up and I don't feel comfortable riding with them big, fast bikes cause I will get left behind. So I'm looking for 250 riders in San Diego to ride with.

mista350z
May 28th, 2009, 12:09 AM
South OC here

diablo250
May 30th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Anybody down to roll tonight? I'm in LA, but I'll drive for a group ride...

00v_Lucky
May 31st, 2009, 02:17 PM
Hello there mike, I am located in the OC. I am up for a group ride as well, once someone plans a trip. (Angeles Crest?) =]

ninjabrewer
May 31st, 2009, 02:37 PM
geez, all these group rides, I can't wait till I get my bike here.

nb

speedgsx98
May 31st, 2009, 02:42 PM
I'm in San Diego, specifically Carmel Valley. Right off I-5 and Del Mar Heights rd.

diablo250
June 1st, 2009, 10:00 AM
I'm in San Diego. Anybody been up to Julian? I was gonna go riding with some friends tomorrow but my boy's CBR1000RR got stolen so I'll have to wait til he gets his R1....All my friends ride 686 and up and I don't feel comfortable riding with them big, fast bikes cause I will get left behind. So I'm looking for 250 riders in San Diego to ride with.

I'll be in SD next weekend on fri/sat. If there's a ride then I 'd be totally down to roll.

Ohh Snap
June 2nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
818 area, valley as they call it.

Ohh Snap
June 3rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Anyone on the damn 818 area?

asuh
June 12th, 2009, 12:08 PM
This is my first post on this forum so I might as well introduce myself as a SoCal native. Born in Hermosa Beach, raised in SFV (Northridge and Calabasas), and currently living in Downtown LA, two blocks from Staples Center.

fjyang
June 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Hey guys, just want to let everyone know that Ken is planning a Sunday morning ride to ACH on 20th June (see ride post) so hope most of you can schedule and make the ride also get a good showing and meet everyone. Let him know if your interested. I know we have a good size member in Socal compared to other states or even NorCal but never big turnout for rides so this might be a good time for a show of comaraderie, lets get together shall we?