View Full Version : A-tech Rear Fender Elim [Pics]

kazam58
January 9th, 2009, 05:27 PM
So a while ago I posted this on some other not-to-be-named forum and I thought some of you might be interested. I e-mailed back and forth with an A-tech employee for about a week before we both fully understood the other (I started to feel really bad, because it was obvious that he knew very little english, but was still trying hard to understand me). Then about a week later I got it in the mail and put it on that night. I did a little bit of cutting and drilling, mostly because Japanese license plates apparently have mounting holes that are just slightly off from ours. But now it just looks slick, I like it a whole lot more that most of the others that I've seen. plus, no cut and CF!!!
I have the plate lights covered with electrical tape to help direct them and to prevent the white bulbs from being seen. I'm going to fix that up as soon as it's warm. I found a nice piece of plastic that I can mount over the lights that'll cover them up and look much better.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/kazam58/IMGP8086-1.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/kazam58/IMGP8085-1.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/kazam58/IMGP8090.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/kazam58/IMGP8087.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/kazam58/IMGP8089.jpg

Alex
January 9th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Looks great!

Bone_Head311
January 9th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Looks freaking sick

Viper-Byte
January 9th, 2009, 06:18 PM
That looks very nice. I may debate about getting one.

How about a link to the product and the price? :D

kazam58
January 9th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks everyone.
Link to A-tech: http://www.a-tech.org/shop/index.html Click on the Ninja 250R link and it'll show you everything they have. i bought it directly from them, but i had to send the money through a bank transfer, which racked up a few fees and jacked up the overall price. It was something around $230 with shipping and everything. I know the fiberglass version is quite a bit cheaper.
If you're already going to be buying from them, I'd recommend buying at least 2 items at once, just to make it worth all the fees and shipping. If I had a real job and some money then I would've done that, but I was getting real antsy about that mudflap...ugh

TnNinjaGirl
January 9th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Gorgeous!!! (Nice BMW too) hehe

kazam58
January 9th, 2009, 08:04 PM
thanks! BMW is my dad's though, I wouldn't dare to drive that machine. He'd kill me if I hit a pothole :p If I really need a car I borrow my parent's old Peugeot. Poor thing's older than I am

PSO-08ninja250rblack
January 10th, 2009, 01:36 AM
hey it look totally nice, but if i was me i think i would do the fender elim. myself (im happy with that result) and save the money and buy the hugger instead:D but thats just me, it IS a real nice elim. and CF! of course had i got plenty fonds i would get both;)

kazam58
January 10th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Yea. I thought about doing it myself too. But I never have much free time, and that would've taken a whole lot longer than I would've liked. Plus, when I saw it, i couldn't resist :D

Sailariel
January 10th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Andy, That looks great. Seeing you are from Vermont--if you get to Maine, let`s get together. I`ll look you up if I get to Vermont. I ride through Vermont at least four times a year.

aloh
January 11th, 2009, 12:28 AM
gorgeous. JDM carbon is not cheap... I would know. I had a hard time getting some pieces for my car.

kazam58
January 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
thanks guys!

Alex (from Maine), I believe I have talked to you before, though really quickly, about possibly getting together sometime for a ride. Unfortunately, we'll definitely have to wait a few months for this snow to melt. I don't go up to Maine often, and certainly not alone, but I wouldn't mind a road trip this summer. I believe the last time I was in Maine was for the Maine Forest Rally several years ago. That was always fun, but we don't go now that my dad doesn't co-drive anymore.

grandmaster
January 11th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Love the look of the fender elim. looks great! But damn! $230 bucks for the kit, I thought 100 was a little steep for the comp. werks. It is the best looking one I have seen, but there is no way I will spend 230 bucks for that, I can barley come up with the $100 bucks haha. College sucks :)

kazam58
January 12th, 2009, 04:16 PM
i'm sure there are bright sides to college as well :rolleyes: That'll come next year for me so i'll soon know exactly what you mean. The money i had saved up from last summer wasn't going to get me very far so i decided to just dump it all on the bike. What am i gonna save for at this age anyway? lol

grandmaster
January 12th, 2009, 04:33 PM
What am i gonna save for at this age anyway? lol

College haha. You don't want to be in my position, trust me.

kazam58
January 12th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Yea, i can imagine that a lot of people are hard pressed financially for college, especially now. i just need to hold my grades up for the next two weeks and I have a free ride to my state university (UVM) which will help me out a ton in terms of money. Paying for room and board shouldn't be an issue after that. I consider myself rather lucky.

sherbear
March 13th, 2009, 10:05 PM
That is the best one i have seen so far. luv it

noche_caliente
March 14th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Sherry - it was my favorite too - until I saw the R&G - go here (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showpost.php?p=21240&postcount=78)and you'll see that one too :)

Sound Wave
March 14th, 2009, 09:48 AM
The money i had saved up from last summer wasn't going to get me very far so i decided to just dump it all on the bike. What am i gonna save for at this age anyway? lol

LOL. i LOVE your reasoning. :lol:

i don't think i saw this thread before. really like the CF! you just need a couple other CF pieces to tie it all in.

empire00
March 14th, 2009, 10:25 AM
you didnt blur the backside of the plate in the "under" pic

kazam58
March 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
That is the best one i have seen so far. luv it
Thanks!

LOL. i LOVE your reasoning. :lol:

i don't think i saw this thread before. really like the CF! you just need a couple other CF pieces to tie it all in.
Thanks! Eventually I may get a few more pieces, but for now, this is all.

you didnt blur the backside of the plate in the "under" pic
When my bike gets its identity stolen, at least I'll know who took it...:p Oh well, I'm pretty sure it's safe, I'm not too worried about it.

Buffalony
March 14th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I just really have to comment on the whole fender eliminator thing here and I'll probabaly do a half arsed DIY thread later on when I get the Pics together for it....But the bike already comes with everything the owner needs for a great looking fender elimination!
WITH NOTHING NEEDED.
Someone already posted a thread about this on some other forum at some other time.

I think that even though they save a couple hours,.. aftermarket kits are a waste of money. In a hour or two more one can modify the the factory mudflap into an eliminator and save the money for something else more important. Think!! 200something odd dollars + 2Hrs install or...0Dollars + 4Hrs or less Modification and Install time = O Dollars spent for a fender elimination and 200 something odd dollars for something else more functional.

Also "IMO" A-tech's fender eliminator isn't one of the best looking on the market and there are other more desirable parts the company offers for around the same price.

Sorry I'm not hatin on you or A-Tech or anything but there are also other fender eliminator kits on the market for much more reasonable prices with comparable results. Those with the money to blow whatever.
Again "I M O"

kazam58
March 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I understand where you're coming from, but each to his own I suppose. I simply really did not want to cut the stock mudflap and IMO the A-tech one did look the best. All mods are really subject to opinion,

GreezMunky
March 14th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I like your fender elim Kazam. Looks a lot better than the Traga one I have. Not pleased with that whatsoever. Hopefully I can talk my husband into something like the one you have when he goes shopping for one.

Buffalony
March 14th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I understand where you're coming from, but each to his own I suppose. I simply really did not want to cut the stock mudflap and IMO the A-tech one did look the best. All mods are really subject to opinion,

I agree and I know You got what you paid for. Their craftsmanship is top notch and all but the stock fender is only 25 Bucks.
Not exactly something to cherish!
I guess in the end its really an upgrade considering the original is so cheap. :thumbup:

Jiu Jitsu Player
March 16th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I think the A-tech one is the nicest I've seen. I love all of their products but I'm currently obsessed with their tire hugger.If I had the funds though I'd pick up that FE kit in a heartbeat. Kicks the hell out of the targa one that I got.

azia
March 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM
love the carbon fiber!! looks amazing.

kazam58
March 16th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys!

I think the A-tech one is the nicest I've seen. I love all of their products but I'm currently obsessed with their tire hugger.If I had the funds though I'd pick up that FE kit in a heartbeat. Kicks the hell out of the targa one that I got.

:drool: Yeah, that's one piece that I would like to see on my bike one day. If only we lived in Japan...

Buffalony
March 17th, 2009, 05:02 AM
I havent put the hugger on yet.its been too frickin cold here!
:smow::wtfsign::yell:

Jiu Jitsu Player
March 17th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Buffalo how did you get an a tech hugger and how much did it cost total? Ive been trying to figure out how to order from their site.
Posted via Mobile Device

CRXTrek
March 17th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Buffalo how did you get an a tech hugger and how much did it cost total? Ive been trying to figure out how to order from their site.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's going to be over $400 for Japan Spec , but at this Thread (http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=129821) it will be much less.

Buffalony
March 18th, 2009, 11:42 AM
:whathesaid:

Its a costly pain for now.

Jiu Jitsu Player
March 18th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks CRX. I've actually been posting in & following that thread also. I've been scouring the earth for one of these huggers....

SF-Dug
March 24th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I just really have to comment on the whole fender eliminator thing here and I'll probabaly do a half arsed DIY thread later on when I get the Pics together for it....But the bike already comes with everything the owner needs for a great looking fender elimination!
WITH NOTHING NEEDED.
Someone already posted a thread about this on some other forum at some other time.

I think that even though they save a couple hours,.. aftermarket kits are a waste of money. In a hour or two more one can modify the the factory mudflap into an eliminator and save the money for something else more important. Think!! 200something odd dollars + 2Hrs install or...0Dollars + 4Hrs or less Modification and Install time = O Dollars spent for a fender elimination and 200 something odd dollars for something else more functional.

Also "IMO" A-tech's fender eliminator isn't one of the best looking on the market and there are other more desirable parts the company offers for around the same price.

Sorry I'm not hatin on you or A-Tech or anything but there are also other fender eliminator kits on the market for much more reasonable prices with comparable results. Those with the money to blow whatever.
Again "I M O"

Could you post them up? The ones I've seen so far are crappy compared to the A-Tech one shown here. Especially since you don't have to cut wires with that kit it seems.

OP I see for options to select 4 items/choices in the A-Tech webiste. Are all needed to have the complete kit?

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Sorry Dug I don't understand you.
What would you like me to post for you?
The pics for the do it yourself factory or the A-tech install?
I guess I can guide you through the do it yourself method if you wanted.
Like I said there is also a thread on this buried over at kawiforum somewhere. kkim might be able to recall it's location/name better if you can't find it as he did too. I just looked at everything I had a winged it. the rear fender only cost $25 anyway.

BTW I believe the options your refering to are not options they are Material Types.

kazam58
March 24th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Could you post them up? The ones I've seen so far are crappy compared to the A-Tech one shown here. Especially since you don't have to cut wires with that kit it seems.

OP I see for options to select 4 items/choices in the A-Tech webiste. Are all needed to have the complete kit?

This kit actually did require the wires for the LP light to be cut. I cut the connector off the original LP light in the mudflap and soldered it to the the new light. I know this turns some people away from certain kits, but I solder wires on a daily basis, and this is about as simple as it gets.

Buffalony is correct, the 4 choices are really material options. The last choice is the CF that you see here. However, if you plan on buying from them I highly recommend you e-mail them. They even gave me a reduced price from what's listed on their site.

Buffalony
March 24th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Ya. I didnt say it yet but your gonna either have to cut the connector to crimp or solder new LP lights or Reuse the OEM LP light or dremel the underside of the brake light cover to allow white light to hit the plate.

I cut the old lights wire and left enough wire to return it to stock if need be.

ajaygraci
March 24th, 2009, 06:37 PM
looks great!! but waay outa my budget