View Full Version : Just saying "Hello"

ManyCavies
January 10th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Hello my name is Crissy. I'm married to KJohnson21. He talked so much about this forum I wanted to join also. Ken would like you all to think the ninjette is his but since it's been lowered and I can now ride her, he's never going to get a chance to ride her again. :wink:

Thanks for all of the help everyone gave him in getting her setup for me. Thanks to Alex for this great forum and to KKim for guiding us here. :thumbup:

KJohnson21
January 10th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hi Honey!! Glad you could make it! :D

Alex
January 10th, 2009, 01:24 PM
:welcome: Crissy! Glad to have you aboard...

kkim
January 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Aloha and welcome, Crissy!

Like I've said before, I love it when wives come here and the husbands are on the same forum. The husbands act so like angels. :angel:

Hope he lowered both front and back of the bike. I think it very important that any bike fit it's rider to boost confidence in making the rider feel they are not overwhelmed by the bike size.

Good to have you on the board and look forward to your input.

mahalo
:)

ManyCavies
January 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM
The husbands act so like angels. :angel:

Don't let him fool you! :wink:

Hope he lowered both front and back of the bike.

Yes, he did a wonderful job fitting the bike to me without going too far. I still tippy-toe, but I feel very confident. I didn't know a bike could be this much fun! :D

kkim
January 10th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Okay, but keep a close eye on your mechanic... I have a feeling he'll do anything to keep that green bike of yours slower than the R6.

You do know the green bikes are faster than any of the other colors, right? :pound:

KJohnson21
January 10th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hope he lowered both front and back of the bike.

Is there another way?!? :confused20: ;)

Actually, I refused to do any height modifications without doing the front. We got the RoaringToyz kit and I only did the smallest adjustment on the rear "dog-bones". When I tested it afterward it certainly seemed to feel and handle the same, if not better.

:bow: Thanks to Zartan for the front end DIY and the others that added tips.

ManyCavies
January 10th, 2009, 02:08 PM
You do know the green bikes are faster than any of the other colors, right? :pound:

Of course, it's a Kawasaki, right!! GO GREEN!!!

We've got a 12' Kawasaki sign in the garage that we got at the Fontana AMA SuperBike races last year.

KJohnson21
January 10th, 2009, 02:24 PM
R6

R6?? I don't own an R6!? I own a Thundercat!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YZF600R :cool:

That's part of the attraction that the ninjette and the YZF600R share, they both have a long model history, thus good availability for parts and information. (OK, I'm anticipating the long history for the new ninjette!) :thumbup:

You aren't the first to label "Slick" a R6. I've had people at the dealer insist that I didn't know what I was saying. It makes it fun finding parts online sometimes. :rolleyes:

kkim
January 10th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Is there another way?!? :confused20: ;)

Was just asking as some have only lowered the rear which, as you know, greatly affects the handling. :(

kkim
January 10th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Of course, it's a Kawasaki, right!! GO GREEN!!!

We've got a 12' Kawasaki sign in the garage that we got at the Fontana AMA SuperBike races last year.

pics or you're lyin'! :D

btw, when you have a chance, please post in this thread... just curious. :)
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10885

KJohnson21
January 10th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Was just asking as some have only lowered the rear which, as you know, greatly affects the handling. :(

Yep, I was teasing you. :D

I share your beliefs in suspension adjustments. I won't claim to be a expert or anything, however, in everything I've ever read about sport bike suspensions, if the geometry gets screwed up, it won't be a sport bike anymore, it'll just look like one.

BlueTyke
January 10th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Welcome!

noche_caliente
January 10th, 2009, 07:37 PM
welcome!

ladyninja08
January 10th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Welcome!

ManyCavies
January 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
pics or you're lyin'! :D

Ta da!!

kkim
January 10th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Cool!!! That's awesome!!! Thanks for the pic and for sharing!! :thumbup:

ManyCavies
January 10th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Cool!!! That's awesome!!! Thanks for the pic and for sharing!! :thumbup:

I lied! It's not 12' it's only 10'. But, it's still pretty and I love it. Soon after I bought the bike we were at the Fontana races and since we're ROK (Riders of Kawasaki) members, and were hanging out at the hospitality tent when the crew was closing up and I jokingly said, "Why don't you just give me that Kawasaki banner?" At first the guy said, "Are you serious?" and I said, "Yes!!" And he gave it to me and it now hangs in my garage. :thumbup:

ManyCavies
January 10th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Welcome!

Thank you!

ManyCavies
January 10th, 2009, 09:37 PM
welcome!

Thank you!

ManyCavies
January 10th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Welcome!

Thank you!

kkim
January 10th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Soon after I bought the bike we were at the Fontana races and since we're ROK (Riders of Kawasaki) members, and were hanging out at the hospitality tent when the crew was closing up and I jokingly said, "Why don't you just give me that Kawasaki banner?" At first the guy said, "Are you serious?" and I said, "Yes!!" And he gave it to me and it now hangs in my garage. :thumbup:

lol... you never know, unless you ask, right? Good for you and I like how it matches the bike. :D

NICUNinja
January 11th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Welcome. :thewave:

conchwanab
January 11th, 2009, 07:51 AM
welcome.Nice to see another green ninjette:D

ManyCavies
January 11th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Welcome. :thewave:

Thank you!

ManyCavies
January 11th, 2009, 08:15 AM
welcome.Nice to see another green ninjette:D

Thank you!
Have you seen the 09 green bike? I like the 08 better, less black.

Sound Wave
January 11th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Thank you!
Have you seen the 09 green bike? I like the 08 better, less black.

yeah, personally i like the 08 much better. by the way, welcome! love that banner!

zartan
January 12th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Hi Crissy!
Welcome to the board :) We almost got to meet you guys over the Holiday. I was so sad we couldn't fly out. Now it is back to work, work, work!:mad:

manycavies.. Like guinea pigs??? eeepp eeeepp!!!???

ManyCavies
January 13th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Hi Crissy!
Welcome to the board :) We almost got to meet you guys over the Holiday. I was so sad we couldn't fly out. Now it is back to work, work, work!:mad:

manycavies.. Like guinea pigs??? eeepp eeeepp!!!???

Thank you for the welcome! I'm sorry it didn't work out, maybe next time.

OMG you know what a cavy is!!! I was a 4H Leader:D Had a great time doing it!! I still love those little buggers.

zartan
January 13th, 2009, 12:43 AM
We always hit the cavy barn at the fair!!
what amazes me is that the little buggers are so big when born.

ManyCavies
January 13th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Many people believe they are rodents, but they are closer to horses. Born eating and running. And the Daddies help raise the young. You know they can catch the human cold from us!!:eek: But we can't catch anything from them.

I love those little buggers:)

Strider
January 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Welcome from Gastonia North Carolina !

ManyCavies
January 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you

ManyCavies
April 13th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Hey I am back!
Who remembers me?

NevadaWolf
April 13th, 2015, 07:15 PM
:welcome: ManyCavies! Glad to have you aboard...

csmith12
April 13th, 2015, 07:15 PM
Welcome back!

Singh2jz
April 13th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Welcome back.

I am sorry to say......no. I may have been inactive around that time. :/

Doesn't matter though. We shall not dwell in the past. Let's enjoy the party.

May I ask why you were gone?

alex.s
April 13th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Hello stranger! How's the heat?

Alex
April 14th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Hey I am back!
Who remembers me?

/merged! I found your original welcome thread, and through it would be fun to bump for those folks as well. I had wondered how you and Ken were doing and what you folks were up to; hope all is well. :thumbup:

snot
April 14th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Welcome..back.

Snake
April 15th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Great to have you back!