View Full Version : Accessory Windscreen Ordered!

tnr4
October 18th, 2012, 02:46 PM
My accessory windscreen came in today, so I threw it on there. Looks sharp, fits the lines, IMO. I'm about to go out and do a little riding, so I'll be able to post my thoughts on its functionality later.

CZroe
October 19th, 2012, 03:19 PM
My accessory windscreen came in today, so I threw it on there. Looks sharp, fits the lines, IMO. I'm about to go out and do a little riding, so I'll be able to post my thoughts on its functionality later.

Where is this from? How much was it? If it's the official Kawasaki one, I expected to see a Kawasaki logo.

tnr4
October 19th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Where is this from? How much was it? If it's the official Kawasaki one, I expected to see a Kawasaki logo.

It is the genuine Kawi one, so it was $75. Bargain, if you ask me. I rode with it a bit today -- with normal riding, it takes more of the air off your chest and so helps with fatigue; but the real benefit is that it is very easy to tuck under. At 6'1", I can get completely out of the wind with this.

Not QUITE as nice looking as the original, but I'm okay with that. FUNCTION!

ionized
October 19th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I think it looks great and will start with this as a necessary upgrade (I commute daily.)

lgk
October 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
i like it

tnr4
October 19th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I think it looks great and will start with this as a necessary upgrade (I commute daily.)

i like it

Thanks! Yeah, I'm a commuter too, so it really is a first order of business.

rusninja
October 20th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Can you put up front profile of the screen on the bike?

headshrink
October 20th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Didn't think I would like a DB w/o an "A-frame," but I do!

tnr4
October 22nd, 2012, 05:27 AM
Didn't think I would like a DB w/o an "A-frame," but I do!

Thanks!

Can you put up front profile of the screen on the bike?

Is this what you mean?

rusninja
October 22nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
yup

headshrink
October 22nd, 2012, 01:19 PM
A light-smoke color would look nice.

Rekognize
October 22nd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Bring it to your local tint shop and have it tinted :thumbup:

Shinjuu
October 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Did you have to remove the front fairing to install your new windshield or was it a breeze to do?

Alex
October 22nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
I thought it was held on by the mirror stems; I assumed you remove those and the windscreen can be removed/replaced?

2013 kawi girl
October 22nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
I thought the same thing as Alex about the windscreen. Also, does it come in colors?

Byakkotai
October 22nd, 2012, 10:34 PM
Extra colors might have to wait for the aftermarket peeps but Kawi only offers the clear, logo is extra, windshield right now.

tnr4
October 23rd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Yup, it's held on by the mirror stalks, and it only comes in clear from Kawi. Took about 10 mins to switch out -- remove the four allen bolts, the windscreen is off, hold the new one up, and put the bolts back in. 5 mins if you've got someone to hold the screens in place for you. :thumbup:

beerhalffull
October 24th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Looks good. I have to look into the benefits it may have on gas mileage later.

If you do choose to go with the tinted look simply spray the back with Plasti Dip. If you don't like it peel it off. Mine's tinted that way and it's great. If you want to be able to see through it disregard this idea.

Byakkotai
October 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Looks like Kawi wants $85 for it now...:confused:

headshrink
November 22nd, 2012, 09:35 PM
Do you notice a diference in wind protection with this new one? Based on my experience with the ZG DB on my '08, I'm assuming you are....

tnr4
November 26th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Do you notice a diference in wind protection with this new one? Based on my experience with the ZG DB on my '08, I'm assuming you are....

Yup, for sure. Especially with the colder weather, it keeps the wind of the perforated panels on the belly of my leather jacket. Most importantly, I can get completely out of the wind by getting in a full tuck, which I definitely couldn't do with the stocker. Great mod! :thumbup:

geeker
November 27th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Yup, for sure. Especially with the colder weather, it keeps the wind of the perforated panels on the belly of my leather jacket. Most importantly, I can get completely out of the wind by getting in a full tuck, which I definitely couldn't do with the stocker. Great mod! :thumbup:

I think this will be my next purchase. Looks good!

DeltaFoxtrotZulu
November 27th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I've got the accessory windscreen. The purchase order lists 3 part numbers.

99994-0356 (Clear)
99994-0365 (Gray)
99994-0367 (Gray)

It sounds like you can order a factory tint version to me. The only place that seems to get a search hit right now is a German website for the 2nd number.

Byakkotai
November 28th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Yep, my invoice is for the clear one as well. Didn't know they made a tinted version.

beazy411
November 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM
I just found the clear one on gearhead.com and powersportswarehouse.com but they only have the clear one.

Byakkotai
December 2nd, 2012, 10:30 AM
As DeltaFoxtrotZulu said, no tinted versions yet but Kawasaki JP has a pic of (99994-0365), described as smoke.

http://www.kawasaki-motors.com/model/ninja250/image/im_ap_parts12.jpg

The installation instructions paper that comes with the windshield that lists the parts numbers for those that don't have the windshield yet.

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/9646/010xe.jpg

jaybo
December 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I just installed this and as said previously it gives the ability to tuck. I found it on a couple websites for 75 but both were out of stock. My dealer got it for me in 3 days for 85 out the door. I consider a wash since I did not pay shipping.

superbikemike
March 27th, 2013, 09:46 AM
How much taller is it than the stocker? Also does it direct more air at helmet level or just move buffeting higher up on the chest?
Thanks

tnr4
March 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM
How much taller is it than the stocker? Also does it direct more air at helmet level or just move buffeting higher up on the chest?
Thanks

I think I read that it's like 40mm higher; other than that, all I can do is direct you to the pics above. But it doesn't seem to me that I'm getting more air at my helmet -- probably shoulders, would be my guess? The only thing I can tell for sure is that I'm taking much less wind to the body overall, as it makes it easier to hold on and be relaxed. I'm also 6'1", so it may well be different for someone shorter or taller.

superbikemike
March 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Thanks! Parker

Thanks! It is 30mm taller but I was mainly concerned about helmet buffeting which is unchanged. When searching on line I see Parker Yamaha sells them for $75 so I'll go to the local dealer who will usually price match and I try to buy locally.

beazy411
March 27th, 2013, 01:53 PM
For memoved the turbulance up higher on my body and made it so when I tuck, the air actually goes over me instead of right into my shoulders (6'0").

Check kawasakioemparts.com. I ordered mine from them for $61.46 with free shiping and no tax.