October 20th, 2012, 11:36 AM
According to statistics, occurrence is low,......but it happens :(

SnwZm_hw_oQ

codestp202
October 20th, 2012, 11:39 AM
He needs a helmet.

NinjetteNewfie
October 20th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Happened to me last summer, yeilding to traffic and got hit by the guy behind me. Wasn't lucky enough to stay on the bike though, and it was wrote off.

Motofool
October 20th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Happened to me last summer,.....
Sorry that that happened to you, Melissa.

Hope you didn't get hurt.

lgk
October 20th, 2012, 12:28 PM
He needs a helmet.

maybe it fell off...
them skull caps aint too secure.

xSean13
October 20th, 2012, 12:36 PM
That chick was hot.

Malicious Logic
October 20th, 2012, 01:08 PM
To Jason and Cody....he has a helmet...Unless I'm just seeing things, the camera shows part of it in the corner and then after he gets off checks out his rear tire, he takes it off...

Aggrotech
October 20th, 2012, 01:15 PM
i thought that mother****er was going to just take off after he passed you.

menikmati
October 20th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Impressive how he managed to stay on while the force pushed his bike underneath him and his legs went forward.

lgk
October 20th, 2012, 04:31 PM
To Jason and Cody....he has a helmet...Unless I'm just seeing things, the camera shows part of it in the corner and then after he gets off checks out his rear tire, he takes it off...

i was messing with cody, lol.
he would look silly with a helmet cam attached directly to his forehead

Kevin2109
October 21st, 2012, 09:34 PM
Wow... She was really pretty lol

I like that he was able to stay on!

StephenA
October 21st, 2012, 10:19 PM
haha that scared me a little lol i literally said the exact thing the guy in the video said at the same time XD

TheDementedDrummer
October 27th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Ever been rear-ended by a bike? while on a bike?
Not fun.

akima
October 28th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Not fun.

I had that happen on my bicycle. I didn't realise someone was directly behind me; I stopped really quickly and his front wheel went into my back wheel. Buckled my wheel!

I almost had it happen on my motorcycle when I was filtering in London. Again... I braked really quick without realising someone was also filtering directly behind me. :rolleyes: He wasn't to happy with me, but I don't feel like I did much wrong: shoulda left me some room!

TheDementedDrummer
October 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I had that happen on my bicycle. I didn't realise someone was directly behind me; I stopped really quickly and his front wheel went into my back wheel. Buckled my wheel!

I almost had it happen on my motorcycle when I was filtering in London. Again... I braked really quick without realising someone was also filtering directly behind me. :rolleyes: He wasn't to happy with me, but I don't feel like I did much wrong: shoulda left me some room!

Oh wow.
I was on the Monster, and slowing down for a speed bump, and a guy who i was riding with, who was on a cruiser, slammed straight into me and kept going. accelerator cable got stuck, apparently :rolleyes:
Got pushed forward like 15 feet, and the bike landed on my leg :p

akima
October 28th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Oh wow.
I was on the Monster, and slowing down for a speed bump, and a guy who i was riding with, who was on a cruiser, slammed straight into me and kept going. accelerator cable got stuck, apparently :rolleyes:
Got pushed forward like 15 feet, and the bike landed on my leg :p

Eeep. Scary.

soundsfasterthanitis
October 28th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Not fun.

Yes I have. By a harley rider when I was making a right turn. The insurance settlement was fun though. :D

Robinhood
October 28th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Wow... She was really pretty lol

I like that he was able to stay on!

Haha...exact same thoughts I had on this video.

Whiskey
October 28th, 2012, 12:03 PM
He needs a helmet.

What did he attach the camera to:rolleyes:

choneofakind
October 28th, 2012, 12:14 PM
He wasn't to happy with me, but I don't feel like I did much wrong: shoulda left me some room!

You didn't do anything wrong. If you hit someone from behind, it's your fault for not leaving enough space in front of you, unless you have some sort of proof that the other driver intentionally did something retarded to hit you, which is not likely.

Did you at least get a new bicycle wheel? :)

Motofool
October 28th, 2012, 12:41 PM
You didn't do anything wrong. If you hit someone from behind, it's your fault for not leaving enough space in front of you, unless you have some sort of proof that the other driver intentionally did something retarded to hit you, which is not likely.

Fully agree !! :thumbup:

akima
October 28th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Did you at least get a new bicycle wheel? :)

Nope - didn't notice it was bent until I got home. It had disk brakes on it so there was no rub.

Also... did you notice the change to my motorcycle list?! Thanks for the advice ;) It's an amazing bike. I took it to the Alps with me and it served me very well. I've named him Ethio.

NewbieNinja
October 28th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Ouch.. I'm surprised how easily you took that.. One of the reasons why I want to get a helmet cam.. so I can record moments like these..

choneofakind
October 28th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Also... did you notice the change to my motorcycle list?! Thanks for the advice ;) It's an amazing bike. I took it to the Alps with me and it served me very well.

Not before now I didn't! YAY!!! :) Now you have a nicer bike than I do. Jelly :p That's a solid bike :drool:

I've named him Ethio.

Awwh! :grouphug:

D3PHKON
October 28th, 2012, 06:44 PM
He needs a helmet.

Hey guys and gals, I'm the one riding the Harley in the video. Saw most of my views came from this thread, figured I'd pay a visit. I was wearing a helmet, you can see my visor in the bottom right corner of the screen and you can see me reach up and remove it at 0:23.

Long story short, my rear fender took a couple scratches and a very small dent, while her entire front bumper ended up coming off, plus her front license plate actually tore off and became lodged above my rear tire. The gal that asks if I was okay at the end is my gf, I was riding behind her (thankfully keeping a safe following distance).

Here's the fun part: the gal that hit me steps out of her car after parking in front of us...holding her iPhone, mid-text. She says "I'm so sorry, I looked away for, like, two seconds, I didn't even see you!" Yep, wonder what she was looking at...in packed suburban traffic. Anyway I wasn't injured and her insurance is paying every cent of the damages.

Alex
October 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Glad you're OK!

ChaoSS
October 28th, 2012, 07:02 PM
What do you mean, weren't injured, looks like some pretty good whiplash and back ache to me.

D3PHKON
October 28th, 2012, 07:12 PM
What do you mean, weren't injured, looks like some pretty good whiplash and back ache to me.
Nah, I tweaked my lower back for just an instant when she hit me but it hasn't hurt or felt weird since then.

Alex
October 28th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I don't think you're hearing him. I'm pretty sure as well that you got some pretty good whiplash and a back ache. Maybe you should double-check?

ChaoSS
October 28th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Well, it was a half joke that if a cager wants to fail to pay attention, you should go for any money you can get.

If you were hurt at all though, make damn sure you get fully checked out, at the very least, to make sure there isn't permanent damage that you just aren't feeling right now.

D3PHKON
October 28th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I got the joke, I just don't want to sue. I have too much pride to go "Oh, the pain, it hurts!" all day long. The concern is appreciated though :P I still plan on getting checked out soon, so we'll see what happens.

TheDementedDrummer
October 29th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Eeep. Scary.

Good excuse to buy aftermarket pipes for it, though :D

alex.s
October 29th, 2012, 09:12 AM
They were trying to get a look under that fluffy tail, akima.

akima
October 29th, 2012, 11:48 AM
They were trying to get a look under that fluffy tail, akima.

:eek: You're pretty cheeky Mr S.

alex.s
October 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM
you had me at "You're pretty"

akima
October 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
You're petty :p

alex.s
October 29th, 2012, 11:54 AM
hate the game, akima. don't hate the player!