View Full Version : Tank Protectors

tnr4
October 25th, 2012, 04:14 PM
So I spent a stupid amount of time choosing a tank protector, because there is so much tank that I contact when riding aggressively. So I wanted to cover a lot of it, but I also didn't want it to look ridiculous. So I went with Carbon Fiber and got the most coverage I could. I *think* I like it, but I haven't decided yet.

Anyone else put a tank pad on yet? Pics?

Here's mine:

Surferboy120
October 26th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I have been holding off myself till I see some offerings. I need to get one though.

ninjamunky85
October 26th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Is that a flounder on your tank? Oh, wait it's just your tank pad. lol :fishswim:

tnr4
October 26th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Is that a flounder on your tank? Oh, wait it's just your tank pad. lol :fishswim:

:D Yeah, it's a bit much. But it does the job. :thumbup:

siebadn
October 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM

I looks like an Owl to me, but I like it. I think the Carbon fiber goes best with the all white and I like the Carbon fiber gas cap protectors as well to tie the whole tank together.

ricochet08
October 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM
looks great :D i got mine on ebay for like 2 bucks but it doesn't look near as good as that one

or maybe i just really like :fishswim:

CC Cowboy
October 30th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Looks like a robot to me. I like the round hole at the bottom. Why would you need a hole in that location?

tnr4
October 30th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I looks like an Owl to me, but I like it. I think the Carbon fiber goes best with the all white and I like the Carbon fiber gas cap protectors as well to tie the whole tank together.

looks great :D i got mine on ebay for like 2 bucks but it doesn't look near as good as that one

or maybe i just really like :fishswim:

Thanks! I think I like it too. What I really want now is the exact same CF cut to fit the sides of the tank to protect when I squeeze the tank. I contacted the ebay guy to ask if he would do custom shapes, but haven't heard anything yet. Oh, and he does gas cap covers too, so I could add one of those to finish out the carbon fiber look.

Looks like a robot to me. I like the round hole at the bottom. Why would you need a hole in that location?

Yea, I can see the robot. My first thought was something in the Predator's language.:) The circle at the bottom is actually the most important piece, because my leathers have a seam that was really starting to damage the clear coat there. The circle at the top, though, is completely superfluous, and I put it on there just cuz I have it. I think I'll take it off.

ricochet08
October 30th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Yea, I can see the robot. My first thought was something in the Predator's language.:) The circle at the bottom is actually the most important piece, because my leathers have a seam that was really starting to damage the clear coat there. The circle at the top, though, is completely superfluous, and I put it on there just cuz I have it. I think I'll take it off.

I think he meant that as a sexual joke, or maybe i'm just dirty minded :D

tnr4
October 30th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I think he meant that as a sexual joke, or maybe i'm just dirty minded :D

Oh. I'm a little slow. :p

ninjaprof
December 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM
So I spent a stupid amount of time choosing a tank protector, because there is so much tank that I contact when riding aggressively. So I wanted to cover a lot of it, but I also didn't want it to look ridiculous. So I went with Carbon Fiber and got the most coverage I could. I *think* I like it, but I haven't decided yet.

Anyone else put a tank pad on yet? Pics?

Here's mine:

I think it LOOKS fine, but but there are a lot of "gaps' in its coverage. A one-piece tank protector might be more effective.

I am picking up a new green SE tomorrow morning. I don't want any of the graphics to be covered but a tank protector is essential. I will probably have to use a clear one. I also want some clear "knee pads" to protect the sides of the tank. I haven't been able to locate any clear knee pads so far...

Has anyone else put tank/knees pads on an SE?

tnr4
December 7th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I think it LOOKS fine, but but there are a lot of "gaps' in its coverage. A one-piece tank protector might be more effective.

I am picking up a new green SE tomorrow morning. I don't want any of the graphics to be covered but a tank protector is essential. I will probably have to use a clear one. I also want some clear "knee pads" to protect the sides of the tank. I haven't been able to locate any clear knee pads so far...

Has anyone else put tank/knees pads on an SE?

So, that tank pad will come off before too long. I've been working with a great guy -- Lucas -- at tankslapper, and he designed a very full tank protection kit out of CF 3M material. It will cover most of the tank top and the knee wells also.

On that note, they are the company I'd go with if I wanted clear protection. Check out their site if you haven't already -- protect the whole tank and the knee wells, and not even be able to see the protection. It's pretty cool. http://thetankslapper.biz

Surferboy120
December 8th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I just purchased a tankslapper 3M kit I will let you know how it works out.

ilovemotocicleta
January 13th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Surferboy how's the kit. I've been looking at it online

Surferboy120
January 14th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Surferboy how's the kit. I've been looking at it online

I have been working on my RSX building a custom transmission for it and aftercooler setup for the blower so what I am saying is I am a slacker and have not installed it yet. Oh I need a squeegee too.... :)

I will get it done and report back sometime soon promise.

cory jordan
January 15th, 2013, 12:59 AM
i recieved a clear one for my 250r, i thought it was gonna be lame, but now that its on and have gotten use to it.. i think the clear one is pretty clean.. its clearly a function over form matter... it could be plaid for all i care.:D

ilovemotocicleta
January 15th, 2013, 09:18 AM
How much coverage is there with it? I'm really wanting it but wanna know if it offers good coverage before I spend money

Minikin_Jo
February 18th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I haven't gotten a tank pad yet. I haven't come across one I like yet!

ilovemotocicleta
February 18th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Try the tankslapper kit I bought it and I love it.