View Full Version : Just got my new fairing to replace the one I broke but...

SF-Dug
January 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I notice it did not come with the insulation or foam padding like the original had on it. Does anyone know where I might find similar foam padding and insulation to slap onto the inside of the fairing?

P.S. I just realized that well nuts are important to order before hand. :( Oh well i discovered a site that sells them relatively cheap and ordered some.

SF-Dug
January 12th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Nvm..realized that the small place I ordered the faring from ( Babbittsonline.com) has it for sale as well.

Ichiro
January 13th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Why not just peel the insulation off the broken fairing and re-use it? It's kind of glued in, but comes off pretty easily.

KnoxNinja
January 13th, 2009, 06:00 AM
If it's a fiberglass replica fairing then I wouldn't even worry about the insulation.

M-Oorb
January 13th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I had the same issue when I replaced my fairing...no insulation and no ninja sticker(lost 10hp :() I just removed the old insulation and used some good high strength glue to put it back on...pretty easy, fast, and cheaper than buying.

workdaddy
January 13th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Great Link... thanks :)

SF-Dug
January 13th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I had the same issue when I replaced my fairing...no insulation and no ninja sticker(lost 10hp :() I just removed the old insulation and used some good high strength glue to put it back on...pretty easy, fast, and cheaper than buying.

What kind of glue? I don't want to use the wrong type and have it eat up the fairing. Mine is stuck on pretty damn good. Did you use a hairdryer or something to remove it?

Update - The insulation on the right hand side seems to be there to protect the fairing from heat damage from the exhaust but what about the dark grey foam? I managed to remove the shiny insulation but not the foam padding because it's stuck on really well.

Buffalony
March 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
I need this info aswell any help here would be mucho appreciated.

OldGuy
March 2nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Here is a link for the two pads you talked about(39156A and B) from Cheap Cycle Parts. (http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/cheapcycleparts/Kawasaki_OEM/KawasakiMC.asp?Type=13&A=6&B=63) May be others but here is a start.

Buffalony
March 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry. I meant reusing the old ones. And what to use to adhere/install to the new fairings.

Sound Wave
March 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Here is a link for the two pads you talked about(39156A and B) from Cheap Cycle Parts. (http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/cheapcycleparts/Kawasaki_OEM/KawasakiMC.asp?Type=13&A=6&B=63) May be others but here is a start.
wow! the full set of fairing pads costs over $90. i would try to re-use it to if possible.

Buffalony
March 3rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
wow! the full set of fairing pads costs over $90. i would try to re-use it to if possible.

uh huh. Yeah at first I didnt care I would have to spend the extra 10-12 bucks on a sticker then I noticed that little surprise.

noche_caliente
March 3rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Joe - Beast makes decals, along with another user on the forum - you could get them there for probably a little less, and if it isn't cheaper you'd at least be supporting a forum member instead of the big corps...

Sound Wave
March 3rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
Joe - Beast makes decals, along with another user on the forum - you could get them there for probably a little less, and if it isn't cheaper you'd at least be supporting a forum member instead of the big corps...

thanks for the info! i pm'ed him about possibly making me a "kawasaki" windscreen decal for my zg.

noche_caliente
March 3rd, 2009, 06:27 PM
I did the same for mine :) I want to do it in reflective black though...

Buffalony
March 5th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I did the same for mine :) I want to do it in reflective black though...

I do like this Idea quite a bit. I'll let it simmer awhile. Thanks for the info. : )