View Full Version : Ninja 300 Left part of the frame popping out.

kooshbox
October 27th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Seems like the alignment is off and the fairing keeps popping out of place at high speeds. I took it to Kawasaki today and they're gonna call it in an get back to me by Tuesday. Has anyone had this kind of problem with their 300?

kooshbox
October 27th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Another view

Mountain Dew
October 27th, 2012, 01:35 PM
That's a fairing, not a frame :P

kooshbox
October 27th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Thank you :-)

lgk
October 27th, 2012, 02:51 PM
looks like it was assembled wrong.
i did the same thing on my 2012 ninja, i didn't put a tab in completely and it popped out/left a gap.

all the tabs should go into place with no gap.

Alex
October 27th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Odds are if you removed the fairing and re-installed it properly, it would be fine.

Peanut_EOD
October 27th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Loosen all of the screws on that panel. Pop that back into place and tighten the screws.

Jiggles
October 27th, 2012, 10:31 PM
It's totaled

oblivion007
October 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM
It's totaled

It's totaled

rye
November 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Seems like the alignment is off and the fairing keeps popping out of place at high speeds. I took it to Kawasaki today and they're gonna call it in an get back to me by Tuesday. Has anyone had this kind of problem with their 300?

Same problem also on the left side. Taking it in to dealer tomorrow for 1st service. Will ask them to fix it.

Has your dealer fixed the problem and what did they do to fix it ?

Magicride
November 26th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Same thing happening to mine! Haven't had time to loosen things up and pop it in correctly yet. Hopefully after doing that it'll fix it. Thought that I was the only one, lol! :eek: Keep us posted on when you take it in for service. If I don't get time to do it by first service, I'll have my dealer do it.

slacksar
November 26th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Hah, same here. I haven't been motivated enough to try and fix it out in the cold garage, though. Thought it was something simple like that.

kooshbox
November 29th, 2012, 10:54 PM
So, this is becoming a problem with many of the 300's, that's what Kawasaki's consumer line has told me. I've taken my bike in 3 times now, all for the same issue, the last time they did the entire realignment and took the bike almost completely apart. Same problem persists, so I'll be getting brand new parts in for that entire section of the bike to fix the issue. Good luck ya'll! Call Kawasaki Consumer line and complain, I wouldn't be surprised if a recall of those specific parts was set in place if enough of these issues show up!

Kawasaki Consumer Services at 949-460-5688

khirsah
December 1st, 2012, 01:04 AM
I removed the left fairing to do an oil change yesterday, and right underneath the top part that is misaligned, is a huge heatsink. I hope it's not its heat that is causing the fairing to warp.

But after replacing the fairing, its alignment is much better than before.

Magicride
December 24th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Just an update, I took my bike in for the 600 mile service and let them know about it and they told me pretty much what kooshbox said, "It's a widespread issue that Kawasaki knows about and they don't have a fix for it at the moment. As soon as they come up with something, we will let you know." I'll probably end up calling Kawasaki Consumer line and complain too, because it really annoys the heck out of me to see that when riding. Anyway, Happy Holidays everyone, ride safe!

kooshbox
December 24th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Yep. Bugs me too. Badlyy.

lgk
December 24th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I removed the left fairing to do an oil change yesterday, and right underneath the top part that is misaligned, is a huge heatsink. I hope it's not its heat that is causing the fairing to warp.

But after replacing the fairing, its alignment is much better than before.

by heat sink are you talking about the voltage regulator?

Hunsy34
February 27th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Just bumping this and wondered if anyone heard anything new about what's going on. I may be buying a 300 this spring?

tfkrocks
February 27th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Kawasaki still isn't doing anything about it as far as I know. I have a feeling nothing is going to change until they come out with next year's model... People have fixed it by reassembling their fairings or just taping the gap shut. I'll try to remember to ask next time I swing by the dealership, but it's nothing more than a minor annoyance to me.

S1att3r
February 27th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I attempted to fix mine but no luck. I would try again if it didn't take 2 hours to take the fairings off of the 300.

alex.s
February 27th, 2013, 05:44 PM
yep. totalled.

Yakaru
February 27th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Whew, thank heavens mine shows no sign of this. :P

S1att3r
February 27th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Whew, thank heavens mine shows no sign of this. :P

I hate to rain on your parade but it took several hundred miles for mine to show up. I think it was around 700.

Yakaru
February 27th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I hate to rain on your parade but it took several hundred miles for mine to show up. I think it was around 700.

Shut your mouth. lalalalala I can't hear you.

S1att3r
February 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Shut your mouth. lalalalala I can't hear you.

Of course it'll be harder to tell on a black bike but good luck hope yours doesn't do it.

geeker
March 1st, 2013, 12:34 AM
Never had this problem on mine. A friend just bought a brand new 300 yesterday and it showed up immediately.

kooshbox
March 1st, 2013, 03:06 AM
So, here's a little update on the issue. I was probably one of the first to complain to Kawasaki about the fairing popping out, I took the bike into a Kawasaki Dealership w/ a maintenance department about 3 times to "diagnose" and attempt to fix the problem, unsuccessfully. They finally got some parts ordered that came in 3 weeks ago and we got them installed and I have had no troubles since, until today. The replacement fairing just popped out again after facing some strong head-winds on the freeway @ about 80 MPH. It seems to me that Kawasaki sacrificed one too many bolts in the effort of sleek appearance.
First sign of the problem, recorded at: 500 miles.
"Fixed" at 1800 miles, problem occurred again 2/28/13 @ 2250 miles.

It's obviously just a topic of aesthetics, but one that is pretty damn annoying to look at. FYI, I looked at some of the 300's in the showroom today and noticed gaps already present in these brand-new bikes. :( Choose wisely if you think this would bug you!