View Full Version : Congratulations, folks!

Alex
January 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM
:clapping: :happy80: :happy70: :thewave:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=206

zartan
January 13th, 2009, 07:37 PM
WOOT!
http://img3.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0042.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-animated-smileys.php)

Ramen
January 13th, 2009, 08:38 PM
You're welcome, Ninjette.org :D

kkim
January 13th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Here's to 200!
:cheers:

VeX
January 13th, 2009, 09:57 PM
On another note:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/VeX86BirD/Fixed%20Pics/TopPosters.jpg

Congrats KKIM! You're a champ :cheer2::cheer2:

kkim
January 13th, 2009, 09:59 PM
well... I like the pom poms!!! :D

BlueTyke
January 14th, 2009, 07:14 AM
:allhail:

Sailariel
January 22nd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Alex, I cant`t say that I am terribly surprised. You run a great web site and the word gets out. I just hope it does not become too much of a burden to you. Doc

Kurosaki
January 22nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
Kelly is such a whore.

Cling
January 22nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
lol, I stay logged on all day every day so I must have helped ;P

kkim
January 22nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
Kelly is such a whore.

pot? kettle?? I forget ... which are you? :D

BlueTyke
January 23rd, 2009, 07:10 AM
Lol

Kurosaki
January 23rd, 2009, 09:19 AM
Whores get paid.

I'm just a forum slut. :[

BlueTyke
January 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
Hehe well at least he knows where to get it :D

Alex
April 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Here's to 200!

Well, we're there! :thumbup: Today was the first day that ninjette.org cracked the 200 user barrier in one 24 hr period. We were in the 190's for a week or two, so I figured it would happen sometime this week, and today we smashed it, going right to 207. Wonder how long it will take us to hit 300? Yay us. :)

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=1016

Nemy
April 6th, 2009, 07:36 PM
:allhail: Wicked site! And glad I was there for both occasions :D

sometimesido
April 6th, 2009, 07:38 PM
internet explorer?

Alex
April 6th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Yup, I use 'em all (IE7, FF 3, Safari). With every change to the site, I need to make sure it looks decent in all of 'em.

sometimesido
April 6th, 2009, 07:51 PM
ah, that makes sense.

Nemy
April 6th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Yup, I use 'em all (IE7, FF 3, Safari). With every change to the site, I need to make sure it looks decent in all of 'em.

:allhail: I bow down again! You think of everything! Even mobile browsers :thumbup:

OldGuy
April 6th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Do you think Moore's law applies to users?

Alex
April 6th, 2009, 08:03 PM
What was his rule of thumb, number of transistors on a chip doubles every 18 months or so, right? Which was then applied to processor speed, ram density, and every other metric that gets faster, cheaper, or denser in the tech world.

It's hard to estimate exactly what the growth rate is, or even what it could be going forward, but it's easy to see that it's moving in the right direction. New posts per day continues to rise just about every day. (though it dips each weekend before returning each Monday; seem some of us ninjette.org folks actually have social lives and find other things to do when they're not working! :))

What is surprising to me is that our Google ranking is still pretty darned low. I've done everything I can think of to get it moving upwards, and it is, but it's a slow crawl upward in the listings. If we're getting this growth with the current Google rankings, I think that things will take off even faster once a search for "ninja 250" has us landing in the top 10. Hard to say when that could happen, but I'm hoping for sometime this year.

sometimesido
April 6th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Yea, it took me a minute to find this forum at first.
Fished through three other forums before finding this one, and well...this is best!

Snake
April 6th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I am glad to have been a part of it.

miks
April 6th, 2009, 08:13 PM
WOO, I'M ON THE LIST! Congratulations Alex on a great site!

And how do I check top posters?

Alex
April 6th, 2009, 08:15 PM
In the Quick Links pull-down menu from the navigation bar, there is a selection for Top Posters. Here's a direct link (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/misc.php?do=topposters) as well.

OldGuy
April 6th, 2009, 08:26 PM
What is surprising to me is that our Google ranking is still pretty darned low. I've done everything I can think of to get it moving upwards, and it is, but it's a slow crawl upward in the listings. If we're getting this growth with the current Google rankings, I think that things will take off even faster once a search for "ninja 250" has us landing in the top 10. Hard to say when that could happen, but I'm hoping for sometime this year.

Hmmm maybe we all need to make a stop at google.com before logging in and "help" a little.:rolleyes:

Snake
April 6th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hmmm maybe we all need to make a stop at google.com before logging in and "help" a little.:rolleyes:

Alex, what do have to do collectively to make this happen?

miks
April 6th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Cheers Alex

Alex
April 6th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Alex, what do have to do collectively to make this happen?

The only thing that really works is to get other relevant sites to link to ninjette.org. It happens on its own over time, there's nothing you or anyone else really need to do to make it happen. But if you were to post on other motorcycle sites, and had ninjette.org in your signature, that would be one example of a way to get another relevant site to link to ninjette.org.

komohana
April 7th, 2009, 03:14 AM
...But if you were to post on other motorcycle sites, and had ninjette.org in your signature, that would be one example of a way to get another relevant site to link to ninjette.org.

oooo....covert ops behind enemy lines...

:whistle: :spy: :suspicious: :squint:

Kurosaki
April 7th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Wow look at that. Kelly is still a whore. :D

kkim
April 8th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Wow look at that. Kelly is still a whore. :D

yeah... and i post the most, too! :madtyping:

Rynownd
April 9th, 2009, 08:35 AM
I didn't join for the passing of 200, so I guess I'll contribute to the 300! Especially since I'm on here literally everyday.

Alex
April 26th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Looks like we've finally gathered the right amount of postwhores in one place. :D To make the all-time list as of today, you need 500+ posts to make the cut. Yay us! :rotflmao: :thumbup:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=1188

Snake
April 26th, 2009, 03:14 PM
A big congats. This place just keeps getting better and better.

TnNinjaGirl
April 26th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Gah... I need a life.

komohana
April 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM
:pop2::pound:

Apex
April 30th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Gah... I need a life.
Nah, we like people with no lives. :D

I spend 7 out of every 14 days at home doing stuff. My work gives me some days off. So I like to spend it here. This place has quickly hit the top forum that I like to hit. All of you are just so addicting...:runaway2:

Realirony
April 30th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Yea alex, I gotta show my respect to you sir. After surfing all the other 250 ninja sites. Yours is most def the most eye catching, user friendly, and has the best bunch of people on it to boot. Good job, I'm sure this will be only getting better and better with each day.

BlueRaven
April 30th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Gah... I need a life.

i feel ya :p

Snake
May 1st, 2009, 09:12 AM
^^^^ Hey at least we all have eachother in our lives. Shure would be boring without all of you.

BlueRaven
May 1st, 2009, 09:45 AM
But a little human contact would be preferable. I'm starting to think that real people are just a figment of my imagination...lol

ninjabrewer
May 1st, 2009, 09:52 AM
Looks like we've finally gathered the right amount of postwhores in one place. :D To make the all-time list as of today, you need 500+ posts to make the cut. Yay us! :rotflmao: :thumbup:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=1188

Whoa, I need to bump up my post some more before I get booted off the bottom. So....here's one

BlueTyke
May 1st, 2009, 09:52 AM
Lil one how can you do that!? Real people get in my way all the time, especially when I am enjoying a ride :D

ninjabrewer
May 1st, 2009, 09:54 AM
and here's another

With all the folks joining up, it doesn't take long for unread posts to reach 1000, it took me about 3 days of being on here about 10-15 minutes a day, in morning before I go to work.

nb

BlueRaven
May 1st, 2009, 09:55 AM
Never thought of it that way

zartan
May 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM
But a little human contact would be preferable. I'm starting to think that real people are just a figment of my imagination...lol

I am pretty clear with folks that are supposed to be part of my life that a "watz up??" on a my space comment does not constitute actually connecting.
Forums are fun as along as people stay semi accountable and don't be disrespectful and think they can hide from it.

Thanks Alex and everyone for being good sports and keeping this going.

I only wish there were more Mods we could do to our bikes and write about it. I think a lot has been covered already. Any new ideas for mods???

Alex
June 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Bump. 500 just won't make the grade anymore, it's now up to 600+. :eek: And we're closing in on 50K total posts in the next few days. :thumbup: :thumbup:

kkim
June 10th, 2009, 12:45 PM
not to mention we'll soon be getting our 1000th ninjette member shortly. :)

OldGuy
June 10th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Talk about exponential growth. :thewave:

Now if we could get the same rate of HP increase from these little Ninja's hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Snake
June 10th, 2009, 01:24 PM
With this many people on this forum I see us having a national rally and then an international rally since we have people from around the world now.

Alex
June 11th, 2009, 04:17 PM
And today we hit 300 for the first time! :thumbup:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=1678

kkim
June 11th, 2009, 05:35 PM
does the 1000th member get door prizes? :)

Alex
June 11th, 2009, 05:41 PM
They get a hearty welcome just like the rest of us. :) Looks like it may happen when I'm away this weekend at the www.cal24.com, make sure to welcome them fondly if it does happen... :thumbup:

kkim
June 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I'm sure it will happen soon. Place has been growing like gangbusters lately... can't keep up. You paying someone to recruit new members?

Hmmfff... what makes you think I don't have a life and I'll be around this weekend??!!! :mad:

... yeah, we'll be sure to welcome them properly if it does happen while you're out playing. :p

ninjabrewer
June 11th, 2009, 07:13 PM
And today we hit 300 for the first time! :thumbup:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=1678

Awwwwwwllllriigghht.

nb

OldGuy
June 11th, 2009, 08:53 PM
If this keeps up we're going to have to come up with some back office code that looks for new members and sends an automatic welcome. Just saying Hi to all the new kids is going to put you in the post whore category before long.

Alex
June 11th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Funny you should mention that. :rotflmao: I put in such a bot a few months back, and it's what answers for me in all the threads in the newbie section. Kkim and Snake still try and get in before the bot each time, which typically posts 2 minutes after the new thread is created. Often they do beat it. So who are the real postwhores? :eek:

ninjabrewer
June 12th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Funny you should mention that. :rotflmao: I put in such a bot a few months back, and it's what answers for me in all the threads in the newbie section. Kkim and Snake still try and get in before the bot each time, which typically posts 2 minutes after the new thread is created. Often they do beat it. So who are the real postwhores? :eek:

HHMM, I think I beat the bot once.

nb

Alex
June 16th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Looks like we just passed our 1000th member and 50,000th post in the same 24-hr period. :thumbup:

Snake
June 16th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Sorry Alex I put a 1000th member post. You can remove if you wish.

Alex
June 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
:) No need to remove it, we don't charge by the thread here. :thumbup:

Snake
June 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Now find me some folks from Louisiana to ride with. It sure is lonely here.

Snake
June 16th, 2009, 09:04 AM
:) No need to remove it, we don't charge by the thread here. :thumbup:

If you did charge by the thread then KKim would owe you alot off money. lol

tinng321
June 16th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Since I broke up with my gf, I've been on here almost every day. It's sad but true. :(

I am becoming one of you. :D

Alex
June 16th, 2009, 10:53 AM
So, you broke up with your girlfriend so you could post here more? Now that's a committed ninjette rider... :)

Alex
October 8th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Ninjette.org just hit another major milestone today. As of right now, we have a little over 84K posts on the board. This is significant, as it means that for the first time, we have more ninjette-specific posts than KF, which was the 2nd-largest collection of ninjette-related posts on the internet. In just a little over a year online, we've eclipsed it! As far as I'm aware, the only site left on the internet with more ninjette-specific posts than us is the original ninja250.org. And we're gaining. :)

I'm so grateful to all of you who have made this site as entertaining and useful as it can be, and as always I'm interested in any comments/suggestions from our members to keep this site on an upward trajectory... :thumbup:

OldGuy
October 8th, 2009, 09:00 PM
So sweet Alex - we wouldn't be able to do that without you at the helm keeping us moving in the right directions.

ninjabrewer
October 8th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Whooppeeee :thumbup:

g21-30
October 10th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I like that "upward trajectory!" Maybe Kawasaki will come out with the "Titan" version of the Ninjette. You know retractable wings and a "booster" hidden in the muffler!

Oh, yes congratulations...Alex! It couldn't happen without your diligence. :thumbup:

kkim
November 14th, 2009, 10:03 AM
coming up on our 2000th member soon. man, has this place grown! :)

Just curious, Alex... can you post up a chart/graph of the rate of membership growth on ninjette? Would be interesting to see if you have the data and time. :thumbup:

noche_caliente
November 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM
when we hit 2000, we can become one of the donation options on new enough too :)

Alex
November 14th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Just curious, Alex... can you post up a chart/graph of the rate of membership growth on ninjette? Would be interesting to see if you have the data and time. :thumbup:

Here's the number of new members by month:

Peaked in June, has dropped a bit since. We still have between 5 - 10 folks finding us just about every day, there just aren't an unlimited amount of ninjette enthusiasts out there. :) We now have more accounts signed up here than any other ninja250 specific site on the net.

Snake
November 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM

Peaked in June, has dropped a bit since. We still have between 5 - 10 folks finding us just about every day, there just aren't an unlimited amount of ninjette enthusiasts out there. :) We now have more accounts signed up here than any other ninja250 specific site on the net.

From the day I joined I knew this was the best ninja250 site. I believe that the reason for this is the friendly nature or this site. What little disagreements that have gone on have been settled quickly. Just think all this with one administrator and no moderators. I hate moderators (they get power hungry and think they are gods)
Long story short, thanks for building such a great site Alex.

kkim
November 15th, 2009, 01:01 AM

Thanks, Alex. It sure doesn't seem like enrollment has tapered off in the last few months.

backinthesaddleagain
November 20th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Great site indeed. Thanks Alex. And sometimes arguments (mature arguments that address fact or at least honest opinion on a topic, rather than personal attacks) lead to a second, perhaps better way of doing something. Some of the other sites have members that just wait for someone to say something wrong like tighten the chain on the tight side of the range, and then they jump all over the person, where here they get an explanation of why they shouldn't do that. anyway rambling at this point.

Snake
November 20th, 2009, 01:26 PM
It was great to see that we now have 2,000+ members now. This continues to be a great site.

BlueRaven
November 20th, 2009, 03:23 PM
wholy crap 2,000 members already seems like yesterday we were welcoming our 1,000th.

OldGuy
November 20th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Way to Go Alex !!

:dancecool: :fullband: :jumping30:

:drinkpals:

lockie
November 20th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I concur. Great work on your part Alex.

Also a great thanks to all the folks that make this a strong community. There's lots of us here who have found a home... a place with some common ground. And that's not just that we have the same bike.

Take care everyone

Alex
April 8th, 2010, 10:26 PM
On our way to 3,000 members in the near future. I was swamped at work the past few days, and came back to 800+ posts to catch up on today! :eek: :thumbup:

kkim
April 8th, 2010, 10:39 PM
work? :suspicious:

Alex
April 8th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Hey, no rubbing it in! :boink: :)

Snake
April 9th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Alex, we all appreciate the hard work you put into maintaining this site.
Thank you.

Alex
May 12th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Well, we passed 3000 members a few days back, and yesterday was the first time we cracked the 400 member barrier in a single day. Yay us! :thumbup:

KJohnson21
May 12th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Cool!!

Thank you Alex!

Snake
May 12th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Way to go Alex!!!

rockNroll
May 13th, 2010, 09:57 AM
:jumping20::jumping40::partytime10::thewave:

ninjabrewer
May 13th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Alex
May 22nd, 2010, 02:09 PM

Well, we're there! (at least for now). When I search for "ninja 250 forum", a hit on ninjette.org is on the front page, currently at #10. :thumbup:

Snake
May 22nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
^^^ That is great! That should make membership climb up faster.

Alex
August 24th, 2010, 05:13 PM
So I started using Google Analytics, to better monitor how this site was being used. It gives better info about the types of users that visit the site (browsers, OS), time of day, how many pages people typically click on, that type of stuff. Much better info and easier to interpret than going to the server logs themselves. And I wanted to report that since I started doing this (June 8th or so), we have had over 1 million page views. Roughly 450K per month. We're getting to be kinda a big deal here! :)

Thanks as always to all of you that not only keep on coming back, but also providing all of the great posts, pictures, stories, and double entendres to give everyone great reasons to keep on coming back. :thumbup:

KJohnson21
August 24th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Thank you Alex!! Without your efforts and expertise it wouldn't be worth coming back to.

:clapping:

ally99
August 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Awww, yay! I feel the love!
Seriously, Alex, you ROCK! You're a great moderator and run an incredible forum here. You guys really helped me grow from a newbie to a, what I now call, intermediate newbie. lol! I'll always consider myself a noob b/c there will ALWAYS be new things to learn! :) When you think you know it all, you get into trouble.
Thanks so much for the information and entertainment! LOVE this board! :) xoxo

backinthesaddleagain
August 25th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks Alex - great forum. BTW I was just on a CBR forum and a guy who was going to get a 600RR decided on a 250R so I pointed him this way.

Alex
April 26th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Traffic continues to move in the right direction. We hit another milestone a few days back, over 500 individual members here within a day, and another new high even today. (We have many times that traffic in guests, but this 500+ represents people who have registered here and logged in).

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=5088

:thumbup:

Live2ride
April 26th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Wow, I didn't realize there were so many of us on here. Yay us! :D

joshuaesc
April 26th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Congrats to you guys who keep this place running! You do such a great job and i'm sure that number will grow even larger sooner rather than later!

kkim
April 26th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Congrats to you guys who keep this place running! You do such a great job and i'm sure that number will grow even larger sooner rather than later!

this place is kept running with a staff of one. that's right, Alex does it all by himself... and does a damned great job at that. so yes, congrats to you, Alex, for building such a successful forum. :thumbup:

much thanks
:)

Yasko
April 27th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Great work Alex... You make this a first rate site for knowledge and safety...:thumbup:

kkim
June 23rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
we're now over 6000 members?!! :eek: The site membership seems to be growing like crazy lately. any graphs to show membership growth rate?

congrats again, Alex. I don't see how you manage it all with only 24hrs in a day... but you do. Mahalo! :thumbup:

Alex
June 23rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
April 2011 was the biggest month in terms of new users, but then May 2011 came along and was much larger again. :thumbup:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=5493

Bosgarage57
June 23rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
You should charge $1/member/year that way you could buy like 4 pregens or 2 new gens a year for ya.:thumbup: Might be a good way for a ninjette give-a-way. Congrats on a great forum guys.

ally99
June 23rd, 2011, 04:49 PM
I'd pay a dollar a year! hehe!
Hell, I'd even double it!

Snake
June 23rd, 2011, 05:22 PM
I'sd pay if there were prizes involved.

ricochet08
June 24th, 2011, 09:29 AM
$1 a year sounds good to me :D
while i have a job... :p

CynicalC
June 24th, 2011, 09:37 AM
April 2011 was the biggest month in terms of new users, but then May 2011 came along and was much larger again. :thumbup:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=5493

Dat jpeg compression

dubojr1
September 9th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Where can we see this info Alex?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=1016

Alex
September 9th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Where can we see this info Alex?

It should be right at the bottom of the main "forums" page:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/index.php

I think it's open for all users and not just admin, what does yours look like?

(our peak # there hit 673 users a few weeks back)

dubojr1
September 9th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Yep that's it.

Sometimes it's the easy things that are hard to find. :o

Alex
March 20th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Well - it looks like whatever we're doing is working. Between the increased traffic, the faster server(s), and some great content provided by the folks here, we've jumped to the top of google searching for our favorite topic. "ninja 250 forum" now has us 2nd on the internet, only to a site that predates ours by a decade. "ninja 300 forum" has us 4th on the internet, and climbing fast. Thanks for all you do to continue to make this a place that people want to visit & chat on. :thumbup:

Motofool
March 20th, 2013, 12:54 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:jumping20: :thewave: :jumping40:

Joshorilla
March 20th, 2013, 01:04 PM
You can help the google ranking by adding the link http://www.ninjette.org to your twitter account, forum signatures and any other web page you have access to.

csmith12
March 20th, 2013, 01:07 PM
They nerfed backlinks a long time ago. Backlinks don't really matter anymore. Now if the backlinked page's content is relevant, then that is a different matter. Google is "by in large" a "relevance" search engine.

Joshorilla
March 20th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Oh, I thought googles spider still boosted a pages ranking by instances found of its url on the net.

CZroe
April 17th, 2013, 08:08 AM
They nerfed backlinks a long time ago. Backlinks don't really matter anymore. Now if the backlinked page's content is relevant, then that is a different matter. Google is "by in large" a "relevance" search engine.

So make sure any YouTube vids or Google+ pics point back!

caps
April 17th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Slackers

ally99
April 17th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Well - it looks like whatever we're doing is working. Between the increased traffic, the faster server(s), and some great content provided by the folks here, we've jumped to the top of google searching for our favorite topic. "ninja 250 forum" now has us 2nd on the internet, only to a site that predates ours by a decade. "ninja 300 forum" has us 4th on the internet, and climbing fast. Thanks for all you do to continue to make this a place that people want to visit & chat on. :thumbup:

Cause Ninjetters kick A$$!

Alex
April 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM
When I searched today, our Ninja 300 link had bumped down 2 or 3 spots, but our "ninja 250 forum" search now has us at #1 on this side of the pond as well. :thumbup:

psych0hans
April 17th, 2013, 10:15 AM
When I searched today, our Ninja 300 link had bumped down 2 or 3 spots, but our "ninja 250 forum" search now has us at #1 on this side of the pond as well. :thumbup:

:allhail: ALEX IS OUR KING :allhail:

Good going bro, you do a splendid job on this site. Kudos!!!