View Full Version : Finally bought some nice gloves!!

Jono
November 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
So I went to my local Cycle Gear today looking for some nice gloves and/or a better jacket for cool weather. Didn't find a jacket that I liked but I did pick up some 2012 Alpinestars SP-2 gloves for $80 dollars! (I think they goofed up because they also had 2010 SP-2 gloves also for $80. Must have been a computer error. I was ready to pay the $119 dollars then they rang it up and it showed $79. I was like hell yeah!)Great deal if you ask me. I love em already. Went for a quick ride this afternoon and they feel great. Can't wait to get them broken in a little bit more. Oh and they smell so good! Haha

I had been riding around in Alpinestars SMX-2 air carbon gloves which are great for summer cruising but don't offer that much protection. And I also had a pair of Bilt Circuit Racer gloves that I got for free when I purchased something. They were free so I can't complain too much, but they suck. They are falling apart from less than a year of use. I will post up some pics of them when I have more time.

But these Alpinestars SP-2's definitely feel and look like they will last for years. And hopefully do a great job protecting my hands if I do go down. Just though I'd share!

I'm thinking about getting the Alpinestars Gunner WP jacket from revzilla. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-gunner-wp-jacket

csmith12
November 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
Are they AYC? Cause Iron Pony ran a really long sale on those a while back. $99.

Jono
November 2nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Are they AYC? Cause Iron Pony ran a really long sale on those a while back. $99.

Nope. Just the regular SP-2's. Plain black with white A* logo. That normally retail for $119.95. :D

csmith12
November 2nd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Rock on! And a score at the register.

nautica
November 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM

They still do. They have a ton of A* AYC gloves in stock, likely because you can only get them in blue.

scottg
November 2nd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Good deal on the gloves!

On the jacket, I know it sounds a little weird, but have you tried Craigslist first? I was able to score a $600+ Vanson jacket with a liner for $250 from a guy who bought the wrong size for himself, never wore it, and waited too long to return it. I realize it's kind of a longshot but it's possible you could get lucky.

Darling Ninja
November 2nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Cool, I just got the same gloves a few days ago for the track. I wanted the GP Plus, but they didn't have XS at the time.

I also have the Scorpion Fiore Long for the street, but they don't have carbon fiber on the knuckles.

Jono
November 2nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Good deal on the gloves!

On the jacket, I know it sounds a little weird, but have you tried Craigslist first? I was able to score a $600+ Vanson jacket with a liner for $250 from a guy who bought the wrong size for himself, never wore it, and waited too long to return it. I realize it's kind of a longshot but it's possible you could get lucky.

Haven't searched CL too much for gear. But the few times that I have it is usually just cruiser type apparel. I doubt I would like anything that pops up on CL anyways. I am picky when it comes to gear. Haha.

choneofakind
November 3rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Nice find Jono! I use SP8's, and I think the SP2's give better protection. After I get some leathers, I'll look into some SP2's.

I like motorcycle gloves. I already have too many, but can never have enough :)

csmith12
November 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
$49 for SP-2's in blue. Not that I care about color but I have a blue bike. hmmmm

choneofakind
November 3rd, 2012, 09:26 AM
Doo eeettttttt mang!

Jono
November 3rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
$49 for SP-2's in blue. Not that I care about color but I have a blue bike. hmmmm

Get em!!!

If I had a blue bike I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

nautica
November 4th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I have some AYC SP-1's I may sell if someone is interested. It's a great glove but I realized it's too bulky for me and may be a little hot in the summer.