View Full Version : Glove liners

oblivion007
November 2nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Got some silk glove liners for the winter to go under my gloves that breathe heavily. They did pretty good this morning, waiting to put them to the 5:00 am cold test. Real soft too, but velcro sucks :(

scottg
November 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
I've had silk liners for two years now. Honestly, my hands still get numb and turn red after about a half hour of riding but I guess they're better than nothing. I'm in up north though and other than using heated grips/gloves, I don't think there's anything else you can do.

alex.s
November 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
i used to be a fan of glove liners. now i'm a fan of purpose made winter gloves with no ventilation!

xSean13
November 2nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
I got some of the glove liners from Cyclegear. My gloves already fit pretty well, so now it's really tight with them in. Granted, it's just a temporary measure till I can get some legit winter/wet weather gloves.

I rode back from class around 9pm (about a 1 hour ride) and it was around 35 degrees; my hands got kind of chilly...not bad though.

scottg
November 2nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
i used to be a fan of glove liners. now i'm a fan of purpose made winter gloves with no ventilation!

Alex, any specific ones you would recommend from experience? I'd be up for trying something else. It was about 45 or so last weekend and after an hour on the highway I thought I was gonna have frostbite. Took me about 5 minutes to even get my helmet off my hands were so numb.

alex.s
November 2nd, 2012, 03:55 PM
HELD is supposed to be the bees' knees for everything moto-glove related. i've only ever used cheap crappy winter gloves which i'm sure almost any winter glove would surpass... but its amazing how much of a difference not having a few ventilation holes in the fingers can have. the glove liners are almost useless unless you have a sealed winter glove

red5
November 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
the glove liners are almost useless unless you have a sealed winter glove

Zactly. I got liners for my SP-X golves and they helped very little. Bought some Gerbing's T5s today though so by Tuesday, I'll be good.

oblivion007
November 2nd, 2012, 04:47 PM
HELD is supposed to be the bees' knees for everything moto-glove related. i've only ever used cheap crappy winter gloves which i'm sure almost any winter glove would surpass... but its amazing how much of a difference not having a few ventilation holes in the fingers can have. the glove liners are almost useless unless you have a sealed winter glove

I don't know... I have a short commute about 10-15 minutes and they did pretty good. I think that for my usual early morning ride it will make a big difference once I finally make the ride. That is from super cold, to bearable cold which I think is good enough.

I do wish I had the budget to go out and buy some winter gloves though.

scottg
November 4th, 2012, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna check these out, I've had enough of this numb hand BS:thumbup:

GreenNinja
November 4th, 2012, 07:09 PM
If you are still cold, try these out.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/powerlet-rapidfire-heated-glove-liner-kit

They are a little pricey but they kept me super warm during last year's winter.

geeker
November 5th, 2012, 01:41 AM
I bought a pair of Serus waterproof / wind proof liners from Dick's last winter. They fit well in my winter gloves and keep it tolerable in mid 40's. They do add bulk and you lose some dexterity, but they work better than the cycle gear liners.

The cycle gear zip-up gillet worked pretty good today though. I wore it under a perforated AGV Sport Tornado jacket in the low 50's when we rolled out. It kept me warm before the temperature broke in to the 60's.

oblivion007
November 5th, 2012, 08:20 AM
I bought a pair of Serus waterproof / wind proof liners from Dick's last winter. They fit well in my winter gloves a keep it tolerable in mid 40's. They do add bulk and you lose some dexterity, but the work better than the cycle gear liners.

The cycle gear zip-up gillet worked pretty good today though. I wore it under a perforated AGV Sport Tornado jacket in the low 50's when we rolled out. It kept me warm before the temperature broke in to the 60's.

That there wind proof sounds like what I need. Took a longer ride this morning with my liners and on the way back I was pretty chilly. :smow: