View Full Version : Shannonville FAST course

Scorpielle
January 13th, 2009, 05:54 PM
So who out there has done the FAST course at Shannonville? My husband and I and a few other friends signed up to take it this June.

I can't wait!!.. I've had a few years of road experience, and I'm pretty much going to be sponge and take in all they can teach me.
Just wondering if anyone has taken it already and what they felt they got out of it... was it worth it?
I'm going to be riding one of the New Ninja 250's they have, so it'll be just like riding my own bike. Maybe if I'm pretty good I'll try a 600 LOL, if I can touch the ground.

http://www.fastridingschool.com/

takashi11
January 22nd, 2009, 11:26 PM
it's a awesome school. Michel and the staff are very professional, just go out and do things at your comfortable pace. I took my 250 there, and it was awesome fun passing all the 600s :) save for a few good riders at the course.

Scorpielle
January 23rd, 2009, 02:11 PM
thanks! that's all I wanted to hear, 1)that you can go at your own pace and 2)that you can still kick some of the 600's butt's LOL

So they mix the different bike sizes together huh? how did they group people? did they watch people on track and then group them by skill or did they just ask questions and then group them?

as you can tell i'm excited and a bit nervous LOL

txs!

kkim
January 23rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
lol... excited and nervous. Sounds like prom night all over again, huh? :D

Good luck... I envy that they offer something like this in your area.... sounds like a blast! Enjoy! :)

takashi11
January 23rd, 2009, 02:34 PM
They ask you questions on your riding experience and group you into 3 different groups.

Track days will become a addiction after this~ All the best!
Oh since you can...why not try the 600s, since they all cost the same to rent and insure. Just bring your 250 to track days afterwards.

Scorpielle
January 24th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I was hoping that I'd get to try a 600, I just usually have a difficult time touching the ground! LOL

For this first time I'm using the school bike, then yeah, you never know I might get the track bug :thumbup:

takashi11
January 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM
you know what? when you sign up, reserve for a 600. It's much easier getting a 250 afterwards since hardly anyone wants to rent the 250 when they have so many choices.
If anything, just ask them you want a 250 if u feel really uncomfortable.
Maybe try the SV650. or just research around for the seat height, but I believe the SV650 should be a good choice.

Syphen
February 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I'm signed up for Phase 1 on July 21, riding one of the 09 ZX-6R's with some buddies. Looking forward to it. Been riding for 5 years now, but this will be a chance to get out to the track, which I haven't really done yet.

komohana
February 18th, 2009, 12:34 PM
how much is it?...iffn ya don't mind my ask'in?

:confused:

kkim
February 18th, 2009, 12:37 PM
http://www.fastridingschool.com/english/fastpricing.html

you planning on going? :p

komohana
February 18th, 2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.fastridingschool.com/english/fastpricing.html

you planning on going? :p

hell with all this overtime i'm work'in...i'll pay for both of us huh?...:p

can't seem to access that link from computer here at work :mad:

(thought i was off at 8a, but mis-read schedule and am pulling another 12-er..)

:eek: