View Full Version : HID Install vid - I see the light!

2013 kawi girl
November 5th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Finally did my Bikemaster HID install. Day and night difference! No light displacement like the 250's; definitely nice uniform lighting. I need my shades!!! They for sure can't say they didn't see me now day or night!
CaERAfq2B7Y

choneofakind
November 6th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Do you have pictures of the scatter?

menikmati
November 6th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Eh, I'm really not a big fan of HIDs in halogen housings or without a projector/retrofit.

Alex
November 6th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Will definitely check this video out tonight. Very curious about what the beam shape looks like. :thumbup:

choneofakind
November 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I didn't see any demonstration of the beam... Maybe I just got distracted? Also, is there a cap inside the oem reflector to block glare from the tip of the bulb? That's a way to cut back a little on the glare.

I also still don't understand why people put HID's in the high beams. They take a couple seconds to warm up. When I turn on the high beams, I want light now. Plus there's a flash button, which is rendered useless when you need to wait for the hid to warm up

2013 kawi girl
November 7th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I just tested the HID's to make sure that they were working. I have not ridden Mew with the HID's yet. But I definitely will do a night ride vid for you guys to come up with your own conclusion on the lights. Mew is still apart because the corner light bulbs are not in yet so waiting on them. Thinking of possibly installing projectors, but that would require me to go Betty Crocker on the headlights :eek: Eh, wouldn't be the first time.

choneofakind
November 8th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Thinking of possibly installing projectors, but that would require me to go Betty Crocker on the headlights :eek:

Do it! It's really not that hard to get headlights apart. From my experience, use a 1" wide putty knife instead of a flat-blade screw driver and you're good to go

beazy411
November 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
What are you putting in to replace the current corner bulbs?

Panda
November 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Without projecters HID scatters light all about no?

choneofakind
November 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Yes. Plus there's glare from the exposed bulb. Some people manage the glare a little by putting a cap over the front of the bulb to bounce the light back into the reflector, but it's still not as good as using a projector.

ricochet08
November 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bN4vy.jpg

xSean13
November 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Please do not use the HIDs without projectors...you come off as a douche while blinding oncoming motorists.

NinjetteNewfie
November 8th, 2012, 07:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bN4vy.jpg

Nicely done;) The 300 would definately look mean with HIDs and projectors!!

menikmati
November 8th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Please do not use the HIDs without projectors...you come off as a douche while blinding oncoming motorists.

:thumbup:

2013 kawi girl
November 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I adjusted my lights and I've been testing them on a few night runs. Minimal to no light scatter. Light is on the road and not where they shouldn't be. I can see all the ruts, potholes and debris now. Going Betty Crocker on the lights most likely will happen but for now, it works.

ChaoSS
November 10th, 2012, 02:16 PM

Forget being a douche, you are putting yourself in danger. I speak as a professional driver who spends 8 hours a day on the road, almost all of it at night this time of year.

When people run high beams, and almost all HIDs, (projectors or no) it tends to make it difficult for oncoming vehicles to see the lane in front of them properly. Also keep in mind that bigger trucks tend to have dirtier windshields than most cars, as they tend to collect bugs and such much more quickly. When you are blinded while driving, it is easy to run off the road a little bit, and when you try to correct, while blinded, it is easy to overcorrect. This makes it easy to hit an oncoming vehicle, even when you have no trouble seeing them.