View Full Version : PSI

Phoenix767
November 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
This topic has prob been beaten to death a million times. Sorry in advance. What psi are you guys running in the stock 300 IRCs for normal, dry street riding?

geeker
November 7th, 2012, 11:33 AM
It's stamped on the swing arm. Front 28 PSI, Rear 32 PSI.

Phoenix767
November 7th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Duh... Ok got it. Thanks

csmith12
November 7th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Those numbers are not set in stone. Customize as needed.

Motofool
November 7th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Those numbers are not set in stone. Customize as needed.

That is correct.

Those numbers have not always worked for me.

I use temperature of each tire after a regular trip of some length as a guide for the proper PSI's for the current conditions (load weight, road temperature, speed, rain, etc.).

That temperature should not be too hot or too cold to the touch of the naked hand.

Measure the pressure frequently, it is hard just to judge by looking at the tires or kicking them; 10 pounds under for long time may ruin a good tire.

tnr4
November 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I'm having a hard time getting good feedback from these tires, but on my old bike, I did a lot of experimenting before settling on my preferred tire pressure for different kinds of riding. For what it's worth, it was significantly lower than the 'swing-arm recommended' pressure (for sport riding). When the weather gets warm again here in the spring, I'll get back to dialing it in; for the winter, I just run it at the recommended pressures, as I can't feel a damn thing on those cold tires anyway!