View Full Version : Spool and headlight questions

Baja
November 10th, 2012, 08:31 PM
We got a great deal on a rear stand from Cycle Gear and I think it would be better (safer) to use spools rather than the rubber pads. Is that right? Do the spools screw into the extra holes in the swingarm? Any certain type I need to get?

I don't like the unbalanced look of the single headlight being on. I read something about this but now I cant find it. We live in town and will never be use the brights. Is the bright headlight a different bulb that I could switch to a low beam bulb and turn them both on? Do the headlights adjust? I'm not sure if I would need to adjust it down.

Thanks for the help.

Alex
November 10th, 2012, 08:38 PM
The spool bosses (that hole on each side of the swingarm) are a standard M10 size. The only trick is that the spools have to be either small enough to fit under the swingarm, or have spacers to have them spaced out just far enough to clear the swingarm. More info in this thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=579058&postcount=18).

I don't believe the bulbs are any different for high or low, they just are aimed differently with different types of reflectors behind them.

Baja
November 10th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Is it better to get delrin plastic or aluminum?
|

Alex
November 10th, 2012, 09:58 PM
It's just a preference. Neither is particularly superior, as a spool slider isn't really going to protect much as the bike is sliding on its side anyway.